Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314234 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #3427: Jul 11, 2015 05:51:03 pm
      Most of the home grown players they're targeting have now rejecting them and the one that does want to join has been told he's going nowhere unless a price is matched :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3428: Jul 11, 2015 06:26:45 pm
      Makes me laugh when people start screaming at FSG to spend big on players but now everyone's becoming all accountant over £6m, F**k the billy big bollocks don't push me poker faced sh*te take the £44m already and spend it on a world class forward.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3430: Jul 12, 2015 03:26:04 am
      everytime he hears something derogatory about his kids who do you think he blames..??

Kid, not kids mate. Always been rumours he's got about 10 but he's only got one little girl.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #3431: Jul 12, 2015 03:58:34 am
      For me it is a very delicate situation.  I would hope for the sake of the squad, for the sake of our prospects of next season the situation is resolved by City or whoever else coming in and put that 50m bid.  We would get a very good offer for a player that is now useless to us fans now.  He wants out, he is a class A idiot. 

People can blame Brendan for this or his agent.  At the end of the day the guy has had advice from big footballing personalities, ex Legend of this club and even players and Legends from opposing clubs, from managers from the media, .  Nearly everyone has said one thing and that is that he should stay at this club for it will be in his best interest to further develop.  This arrogant little kids knows more than anyone what is right for him, changing his reasons as if they were socks in his closet. 

The thing is though this amount of arrogance he has shown has to be dealt with.  And we can't let him win this duel.  The kid isn't clever he has only arrogance between his ears. So I understand and admire the owners for having a stance.  At the end of the day this can't be a lesson for others to kick up a fuss and get their way easy.  At the end of the day City haven't put in a bid, they realise that we are cornered.  If they don't bid then let him rot in the reserves it will be a huge short term loss.  Though saying that hit September if he isn't gone then he is also in a nightmare situation.  Stick him in the reserves till he doesn't sign on the dotted line.   I do accept that some people will be fuming at the very thought of him playing for us again.  But I don't think we can keep him in the reserves after he signs a contract even though I hate to say it.  The modern game gives all the protection and more to the players.  They make all hard rules on the clubs at every opportunity whether it be FFP,  Nationality quota's or what have ya, but for players it is different it is all designed for them to get more and more arrogant. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3432: Jul 12, 2015 05:39:46 am

He was seen heading down the East  Lancs  Road on his motorbike, he had a little feller strapped to the pillion seat. The little feller was screaming I don't want to go, (lying tw*t)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #3433: Jul 12, 2015 09:18:33 am
      Makes me laugh when people start screaming at FSG to spend big on players but now everyone's becoming all accountant over £6m, f**k the billy big bollocks don't push me poker faced sh*te take the £44m already and spend it on a world class forward.

I can see where you are coming from there fella and i must admit if I thought they would spend the transfer on a dynamite striker i would be happy enough with that even if it meant compromising on the £50 million valuation. Sterling out Higuain in works for me regardless of the money.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3434: Jul 12, 2015 10:46:32 am
      Makes me laugh when people start screaming at FSG to spend big on players but now everyone's becoming all accountant over £6m, F**k the billy big bollocks don't push me poker faced sh*te take the £44m already and spend it on a world class forward.

Its more out of principle for me mate, we put a valuation on the player, City seemingly don't want to meet that valuation, then Raheem starts acting up to try and force the move.

I'd honestly us rather stick to our guns, if a deal doesn't materialise give Sterling two options option 1: sign a new deal with a £50m release clause on £100k a week, get your head down, train hard and work hard for the team and earn your move like Suarez did or option 2: Keep the attitude up, stay on £35k a week for the next two seasons playing for the reserves/under 21's.

It sets a precedent that we won't be dictated to be a petulant 20 year old and his money grabbing agent.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #3435: Jul 12, 2015 11:32:37 am
      Its more out of principle for me mate, we put a valuation on the player, City seemingly don't want to meet that valuation, then Raheem starts acting up to try and force the move.

I'd honestly us rather stick to our guns, if a deal doesn't materialise give Sterling two options option 1: sign a new deal with a £50m release clause on £100k a week, get your head down, train hard and work hard for the team and earn your move like Suarez did or option 2: Keep the attitude up, stay on £35k a week for the next two seasons playing for the reserves/under 21's.

It sets a precedent that we won't be dictated to be a petulant 20 year old and his money grabbing agent.

That's what I'd do mate.

And on one hand I want City to bid 50 mil so we get a chunk of change for players who want to be here but a part of me also hopes they don't and the little f**ker has to live and deal with the sh*t storm he has caused.

Might bring his ego down a bit and make him realise that he isn't the billy big bollocks he thinks he is.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #3436: Jul 12, 2015 11:47:50 am
      Makes me laugh when people start screaming at FSG to spend big on players but now everyone's becoming all accountant over £6m, f**k the billy big bollocks don't push me poker faced sh*te take the £44m already and spend it on a world class forward.

In this instance I agree with everyone "becoming all accountant over £6m" fact is even if City spend £50m on Sterling we won't see all of it as QPR are entitled to a percentage of any transfer fee (I think 20%) paid for him. So if we take that £44m then we only end up with about £35m plus there are also agent's fees and Sterling's loyalty bonus and all other sorts of contractual bollocks we could end up looking at only £30m of that fee going into the club's coffers. So us wanting to squeeze as much as possible from City makes perfect sense. It's not just an emotional "Billy Big Bollocks" stance it's also looking at it from a business perspective. Sterling is Liverpool Football Club's asset and the club should be looking to gain as much as possible from its sale it's that simple mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2810 
      Reply #3437: Jul 12, 2015 11:57:12 am
      Get him to hand a transfer request in and then accept that 45m and look for a striker.

Otherwise it will just be like last summer all over again...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3438: Jul 12, 2015 12:01:43 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3439: Jul 12, 2015 12:11:35 pm
      So it's finally going to get done.  Great stuff.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #3440: Jul 12, 2015 12:16:47 pm
      I wonder had the scums interest in Benteke expedited negotiations?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3441: Jul 12, 2015 12:19:29 pm
      Sooner this is wrapped up the better. Hopefully the club can start to look in a better place with tossers like Sterling gone
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #3442: Jul 12, 2015 12:20:42 pm
      Surprised City didn't wait and get us to pay for his air fare to Australia.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #3443: Jul 12, 2015 12:21:28 pm
      I wonder had the scums interest in Benteke expedited negotiations?

I would imagine the pending airplane departure is what has expedited negotiations. When City saw that he'd been named to the tour squad they realized we meant business.

I'd still hold them over the barrel for 50m personally. 
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3444: Jul 12, 2015 12:26:33 pm
      With Delph deciding to stay put at the Villa this sort of forces City's hand a bit as the home grown player thing is beginning to become a bit urgent for them.
      I bet the Delph thing really kicked them in the bollocks because I reckon they thought they'd snap there fingers and deal done.
      We should up it to £65 mill  >:D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #3445: Jul 12, 2015 12:39:13 pm
      I suppose whatever we get for striking under £50m will seem like a loss as thats the price we value him at.  however, when you consider what we paid for him, plus his wages, ( which up to now we have had a reasonable return on ) we don't really stand to lose a great deal if he remained here for two seasons in the reserves and then left on a free. Would he be wanted by anyone after sitting on the pressies bench for the best part of 2 seasons. Not really sure if you can rekindle any sort of decent form with very little competitive footy for that sort of period.
      If City do match the £50m, I'm sure he'll spend a lot of his time there on the bench as well.
      For him, it's a lose - lose situation.
      I'm in favour of the 'sitting in the ressies' option myself, unless we get the £50m and buy a top draw striker with it straight away.
      Not Benteke I might add.
      I think Utd interest in him, may be a red herring, so we hurry the move up, while all along they really think he's as sh*te as I do. They just trying to pressure us into the move imho.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3446: Jul 12, 2015 12:42:52 pm
      So all this talk about holding out for 50m only yet we could actually sell for closer to 40m is a joke.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3447: Jul 12, 2015 12:45:06 pm

I hope we stick to our guns, lets not be bent over by City, they are not a big club.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3448: Jul 12, 2015 12:46:47 pm
      Sky reporting he's not going on tour and the two clubs in Advanced talks!!!.
      Ffs just sort it out.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3449: Jul 12, 2015 12:47:53 pm
      Sky reporting he's not going on tour and the two clubs in Advanced talks!!!.
      Ffs just sort it out.

Looking like he'll be sold today, tomorrow at the latest.

Quick Reply