Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]

Read 21832 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: The Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #23: Mar 20, 2015 09:49:19 am
      He could be just wanting to concentrate on his footy hopefully and then in summer he can sit down and sort it all out.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #24: Mar 20, 2015 12:40:41 pm
      He could be just wanting to concentrate on his footy hopefully and then in summer he can sit down and sort it all out.

That's all it is

Look if Jordan leaves Liverpool it will be a step down wherever he goes, why would he walk away and leave a massive club like ours when he is about to take the armband on a permanent basis?

Listen to him talk in interviews, he has no other thoughts than thinking of his future here

I'm more worried about a meteor dropping on my noggin than Hendo leaving.

Future skipper at one of the most famous clubs in the world.. He's not going anywhere.. That's the things dreams are made of
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #25: Mar 24, 2015 11:44:28 pm
      I'd honestly be sooner worried about Aliens invading tomorrow. I can't even imagine how disconnected with LFC you must be to buy into the idea that Jordan could be dicking around in contract talks. You must only read the Daily Mail and not even watch football to think such crazy things. I know the tabloids have a powerful hold on the minds of the British but come on!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #26: Mar 25, 2015 12:30:42 pm
      I'd honestly be sooner worried about Aliens invading tomorrow. I can't even imagine how disconnected with LFC you must be to buy into the idea that Jordan could be dicking around in contract talks. You must only read the Daily Mail and not even watch football to think such crazy things. I know the tabloids have a powerful hold on the minds of the British but come on!
      i know he wont leave mate just wanted to hear other peoples views on it, long may he continue to be at the club i say. 5yr deal will be signed 1st July
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Mar 25, 2015 12:57:51 pm
      for fucks sake.
      They both said they're waiting til the summer.

No fuss, no big deal, just waiting til the season finishes.
      By then the club and the players will both be in stronger positions if we qualify for CL.

Storm in a f**king teacup, both this and the Sterling sh*te that's going on just because a couple of rags decide to stir the sh*t.

Agreed.

But thats modern world, press, sky, bbc, itv, eurosport, talksport, fox etc. and then us on twitter & fb & forums then all drag it out again. ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28: Mar 28, 2015 11:49:34 pm
      “For me playing football is all I’ve ever wanted to do and contracts and stuff can be sorted out by clubs and agents. That’s why we’ve got agents, to sort stuff like this out, along with the club, and hopefully this can get done soon. All I want to do is concentrate on my football and not let this get in the way.”

“I love playing football for Liverpool and I want to be there for many years and in terms of my contract I think everybody else will make a big deal of it but for me it’s just letting my agent and the club deal with it and whenever it gets sorted, it gets sorted. All I want to do is my best for club and country.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11501773/Liverpool-news-I-love-playing-at-Anfield-and-want-to-be-there-for-years-says-midfielder-Jordan-Henderson.html

It's reassuring to hear this from Hendo, really hope he gets his contract sorted asap.

If it came down to keeping Hendo or Sterling, it would be Hendo all day long for me, he's an absolute monster in the middle.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Mar 29, 2015 07:41:36 am
      “For me playing football is all I’ve ever wanted to do and contracts and stuff can be sorted out by clubs and agents. That’s why we’ve got agents, to sort stuff like this out, along with the club, and hopefully this can get done soon. All I want to do is concentrate on my football and not let this get in the way.”

“I love playing football for Liverpool and I want to be there for many years and in terms of my contract I think everybody else will make a big deal of it but for me it’s just letting my agent and the club deal with it and whenever it gets sorted, it gets sorted. All I want to do is my best for club and country.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11501773/Liverpool-news-I-love-playing-at-Anfield-and-want-to-be-there-for-years-says-midfielder-Jordan-Henderson.html

It's reassuring to hear this from Hendo, really hope he gets his contract sorted asap.

If it came down to keeping Hendo or Sterling, it would be Hendo all day long for me, he's an absolute monster in the middle.

I agree with Henderson, he is at Liverpool to play football and the only time he should worry about contracts is when he is called into the office to sign them.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #30: Mar 29, 2015 10:12:58 am
      Come on.. Its a clever statement but, "I just leave everything to my agent"...?..lolol..  He's managing us fans a bit better than Raheem imo..lolol.. He just bought himself time with the fans by claiming he doesn't care about that side of the game..?. I don't particularly believe him but I'm put at ease by his comments..

This is not having a dig by the way I love Hendo.. I just see a smart lad managing us fans in a better way than his team mates..

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: Mar 29, 2015 12:32:28 pm
      Come on.. Its a clever statement but, "I just leave everything to my agent"...?..lolol..  He's managing us fans a bit better than Raheem imo..lolol.. He just bought himself time with the fans by claiming he doesn't care about that side of the game..?. I don't particularly believe him but I'm put at ease by his comments..

This is not having a dig by the way I love Hendo.. I just see a smart lad managing us fans in a better way than his team mates..

I agree on the contract situation, but for him to come out and say he wants to play for us for years to come is more reassuring than Sterling :)

Let's hope we can sign them up on long term contracts in the summer!!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32: Mar 29, 2015 12:53:28 pm
      I agree on the contract situation, but for him to come out and say he wants to play for us for years to come is more reassuring than Sterling :)

Let's hope we can sign them up on long term contracts in the summer!!

Maybe but he will only play for us for years to come on his terms and if he's happy with the contract.

Just like Raheem.

« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2015 08:00:02 am by srslfc »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2015 01:39:36 am
      If it came down to keeping Hendo or Sterling, it would be Hendo all day long for me.

wow.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2015 03:51:10 am
      If ever i was confident of a player signing a contract, it's Hendo.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2015 11:14:15 am
      The double standards are hilarious imo..

Sterlings a "greedy little ****" but Hendo is just Hendo???..lololololo

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2015 11:18:38 am

That's the part I don't get.

Raheem gets slaughtered on here for not signing and asking for more money but I would imagine Hendo hasn't signed for the exact same reasons.

Yet one is a c**t and the other is left alone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2015 11:31:17 am
      That's the part I don't get.

Raheem gets slaughtered on here for not signing and asking for more money but I would imagine Hendo hasn't signed for the exact same reasons.

Yet one is a c**t and the other is left alone.

That's the thing though, Henderson has said for months on end that he's in no rush to sign and won't get involved in contract talks until the end of the season because he doesn't want it to disrupt his football. You're also making assumptions about Henderson, like you said, "imagined". I also doubt that he wants a 500%+ increase in his weekly wage either. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: Mar 30, 2015 11:36:55 am
      That's the thing though, Henderson has said for months on end that he's in no rush to sign and won't get involved in contract talks until the end of the season because he doesn't want it to disrupt his football. You're also making assumptions about Henderson, like you said, "imagined". I also doubt that he wants a 500%+ increase in his weekly wage either. 

So Raheem's a c**t then.

Got it.

Maybe Hendo is just a better 'politician'?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39: Mar 30, 2015 11:45:49 am

Yes, because signing a contract will take him 1 month, are you having a laugh ? How signing a contract will disrupt his football ? What a pathetic excuse.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #40: Mar 30, 2015 11:48:56 am
      So Raheem's a c**t then.

Got it.

Maybe Hendo is just a better 'politician'?

Neither are cu*ts for me Si.. To be honest the money is irrelevant in the whole story for me it's simply the willingness to sign.

Jordan I have no doubts will sign, I'm starting to think maybe Raheem won't.. Almost to the extent that what is offered isn't really important. Especially if you go along the lines that he has had his head turned. But even if he has then that still doesn't make him a c**t.

I'm not losing sleep though.. Let's see what happens in the summer.. He either signs a new deal or leaves.
      Not like we have that long to find out either way.. Let's just hope he gets his head down and gets us as high up the table before May and then we will watch this space.

It won't come to a head until June/July for me so I'm not going to gets myself all pissed off in March
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #41: Mar 30, 2015 01:31:04 pm
      Yes, because signing a contract will take him 1 month, are you having a laugh ? How signing a contract will disrupt his football ? What a pathetic excuse.

I agree with this. The negotiations are done via his agent, not through him. But as I said before, it's reassuring from what he has said in comparison to Sterling, who has been silent.

I know you don't rate him and I understand why, but his teamwork is really exceptional. I do think he's one of the best in the league.... perhaps the best as a box-box midfielder.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #42: Mar 30, 2015 06:36:32 pm
      I agree with this. The negotiations are done via his agent, not through him. But as I said before, it's reassuring from what he has said in comparison to Sterling, who has been silent.

I know you don't rate him and I understand why, but his teamwork is really exceptional. I do think he's one of the best in the league.... perhaps the best as a box-box midfielder.

So Raheems silence is the best justification you can come up with for being called a c**t opposed to Mr "keeping you in the loop with semantics" Hendo, who you feel is NOT a c**t....lolololo..lolololololo.

Well that separates them dramatically..lololololo lo

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #43: Mar 30, 2015 06:43:21 pm

"Hendo is just Hendo" because so far, no one from either party has leaked information to the press of him demanding to be paid more than he's worth. If we suddenly find out that Henderson is demanding to be paid £150,000 you'll soon see opinion of him change. As you said yourself earlier, he and his agent are doing a far better job at managing the fans than Sterling's camp is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44: Mar 30, 2015 06:47:25 pm
      "Hendo is just Hendo" because so far, no one from either party has leaked information to the press of him demanding to be paid more than he's worth. If we suddenly find out that Henderson is demanding to be paid £150,000 you'll soon see opinion of him change. As you said yourself earlier, he and his agent are doing a far better job at managing the fans than Sterling's camp is.

Maybe the club are happy to leak out about Sterling's demands as they would be willing to explore the possibility of moving him on?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45: Mar 30, 2015 07:14:42 pm
      Maybe the club are happy to leak out about Sterling's demands as they would be willing to explore the possibility of moving him on?

Or maybe Sterling's agent is happy to leak out this "information" to get some other clubs interested?

Quick Reply