Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 102944 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #92: May 27, 2015 11:40:01 am
      we have given Wisdon a new contract despite not playing for the club??? and now we have given a contract to Toure i can see our summer is going to be a hoot.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #93: May 27, 2015 09:19:47 pm
      Going to be a great 'review' of the transfer committee and Brendan when it's being done by Mike Gordon who's, erm, on the transfer committee himself.

Not just on it, heads it by all accounts.

As I said in another thread, how can Brendan justify anything in the 'review' if the person conducting the review is clueless about football.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #94: May 27, 2015 09:37:43 pm
      Not just on it, heads it by all accounts.

As I said in another thread, how can Brendan justify anything in the 'review' if the person conducting the review is clueless about football.

Brendan has the gift of the gab so he has
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #95: May 27, 2015 10:36:55 pm
      We won't have any energy to expend when we sign Benteke for THIRTY f***in MILLION SMACKAROOS!

So the Tikka Takka has been ditched for the route one tactic eh !
      Whatever happened to sticking by your principles ?

Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #96: May 27, 2015 10:42:04 pm
      So the Tikka Takka has been ditched for the route one tactic eh !
      Whatever happened to sticking by your principles ?

Ian Ayre after the summer....

"Oooooh Mr Henry.... I think we've done another whoopsie in da transfer market...... Hmmmmmmm"

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #97: May 29, 2015 12:38:28 am
       According to the daily fail, spuds have put a shout in for Danny Ings for £14mill, while we were considering something between £8 and £10 million, and prepared to let it be decided by tribunal.
      Surely this is a wind up. Not that I rate Danny Ings as top drawer, but if we seriously want him, and he apparently favours Liverpool, are spuds just trying to raise the price to F**k us off. Or do they seriously want him, and our "transfer committee" have been caught with their  pants down once again.    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #98: May 29, 2015 09:29:16 am
      This is what the world thinks of our transfer policy...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTK2JLmwFE
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #99: May 29, 2015 09:58:42 am
      The glasgow rangers (sevco) (newco) limited version of that video is superb.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #100: May 29, 2015 03:02:19 pm
      The real incompetent one is non other than the owner FSG. How can they have a TC plus manager collectively decides which players to buy. Ask who would be responsible, BR would say it's the TC and vice versa and the real loser is the owner. This is really funny. They are big time businessmen and apparently they haven't heard of too many cooks spoil the broth.

In all fairness, if FSG sacks the TC, they have to sack BR as well, except themselves,  as this season's failure is a collective effort. ;D.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #101: May 29, 2015 03:06:48 pm
      The real incompetent one is non other than the owner FSG. How can they have a TC plus manager collectively decides which players to buy. Ask who would be responsible, BR would say it's the TC and vice versa and the real loser is the owner. This is really funny. They are big time businessmen and apparently they haven't heard of too many cooks spoil the broth.

In all fairness, if FSG sacks the TC, they have to sack BR as well, except themselves,  as this season's failure is a collective effort. ;D.

How can they sack themselves?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #102: May 29, 2015 03:12:21 pm

The toothless one was crying with laughter at the mancs it's got to be said.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #103: May 29, 2015 05:08:05 pm
      so the responsabilty of the  day to day running of the club is in the hands of this guy ( mike gordon) and ian ayre

Do Liverpool back or sack manager Brendan Rodgers? Well, that’s for Mike Gordon to decide

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/29/do-liverpool-back-or-sack-manager-brendan-rodgers-thats-up-to-mike-gordon-to-decide-5217637/
         Guess he is one of the transfer commitee members, and  I think knows f*ck all about football (soccer) 

YNWA

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #104: May 29, 2015 05:57:10 pm

Maybe it's like this guy....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #105: May 29, 2015 10:19:42 pm
      Do we only have 10 mill to spend this season or something! Tired of seeing ludicrously undervalued bids put in for players. F***ing hell it's like the reaction of a child. "Oh people are saying we've overspent on players so now we'll just offer pennies for them instead". The club is turning into a laughing stock because of the way it handles itself and whoever bid 13mill for Kovacic or 10mill for Clyne clearly has no F***ing clue what they are doing and someone at the club should have went 'hold on... we might look a little silly here'. Rumours or not... It keeps coming up that we've made low ball bid after low ball bid, no one is going to want to business with us if we disrespect clubs with shitty offers for their best players, it's like a slap in the face.

Imagine someone offered 15 million for Coutinho, we'd laugh our heads off, tell that club to jog on and label them a laughing stock... So that's how I feel others are viewing the club at the moment and it's shameful that it's being allowed to happen.

Does anyone in FSG know how much Clyne is worth in today's market? I'd bet my left bollocks they don't. Do they need to? Not necessarily, but they do need to hire people who do, especially if they're insistent on this bloody committee.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #106: May 29, 2015 10:33:23 pm
      Do we only have 10 mill to spend this season or something! Tired of seeing ludicrously undervalued bids put in for players. F***ing hell it's like the reaction of a child. "Oh people are saying we've overspent on players so now we'll just offer pennies for them instead". The club is turning into a laughing stock because of the way it handles itself and whoever bid 13mill for Kovacic or 10mill for Clyne clearly has no F***ing clue what they are doing and someone at the club should have went 'hold on... we might look a little silly here'. Rumours or not... It keeps coming up that we've made low ball bid after low ball bid, no one is going to want to business with us if we disrespect clubs with shitty offers for their best players, it's like a slap in the face.

Imagine someone offered 15 million for Coutinho, we'd laugh our heads off, tell that club to jog on and label them a laughing stock... So that's how I feel others are viewing the club at the moment and it's shameful that it's being allowed to happen.

Does anyone in FSG know how much Clyne is worth in today's market? I'd bet my left bollocks they don't. Do they need to? Not necessarily, but they do need to hire people who do, especially if they're insistent on this bloody committee.

It's like the time we dropped 35 big ones on Carroll , the attitude from the septics in the coming transfer was ridiculous .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #107: May 29, 2015 10:53:41 pm
      It's like the time we dropped 35 big ones on Carroll , the attitude from the septics in the coming transfer was ridiculous .

but we keep on hearing that these are smart business men.F***ing idiots more like with more oney than sense.
      Who the F**k is Mike Gordon to have such an important role to play in the future of the club he knows F**k all about Football the City or the club.
      Since 2007 we have had the worst possible owners this club could have had they have virtually destroyed the Club that Bill Shankly,
      Bob Paisley,Joe Fagan,Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans Built. If they want to correct the wrongs they will need to spend a lot of money this summer and replace the manager with a manager who know's what winning actually means
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #108: May 29, 2015 11:01:03 pm
      but we keep on hearing that these are smart business men.F***ing idiots more like with more oney than sense.
      Who the f**k is Mike Gordon to have such an important role to play in the future of the club he knows f**k all about Football the City or the club.
      Since 2007 we have had the worst possible owners this club could have had they have virtually destroyed the Club that Bill Shankly,
      Bob Paisley,Joe Fagan,Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans Built. If they want to correct the wrongs they will need to spend a lot of money this summer and replace the manager with a manager who know's what winning actually means

Think about how much easier transfers would have been if this guy won the takeover of Liverpool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299869/Kenny-Huang-Lionel-Messi-Liverpool-make-effort-sign-Fernando-Torres.html

It could be Lionel Messi, and every effort would be made to sign him,’ said one source. ‘This guy is deadly serious about taking over and wants it done this month so Roy can significantly improve the team and go into the season with a realistic chance of winning something.’

Not saying he would be a better owner, but money wouldn't be a problem.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #109: May 29, 2015 11:07:41 pm
      Who the F**k is Mike Gordon to have such an important role to play in the future of the club he knows F**k all about Football the City or the club.
      It will need a complete rethink from them , now that the ffp rug has been pulled from under them it will have dawned on them that their business model can't and won't work .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #110: May 29, 2015 11:18:08 pm
      It will need a complete rethink from them , now that the ffp rug has been pulled from under them it will have dawned on them that their business model can't and won't work .

I can see them now saying "oh sh*t we might actually have to spend some money now"
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #111: May 29, 2015 11:27:47 pm
      I can see them now saying "oh sh*t we might actually have to spend some money now"
      They'll be weighing up the options of how much they'll need to get CJ spot and say" bugger it  it's cheaper to stay mid table "

Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #112: May 31, 2015 03:01:06 am
      Ian Ayre's negotiating skills....

Ayre: "How about £10 million for Clyne, and I'll throw in a packet of Monster Munch... for, yes you've guessed it, free!'.

Southampton Chairman: 'Security please!'
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #113: Jun 05, 2015 06:11:55 pm
      So I'm hearing Tony Evans on twitter saying Benteke isn't a Rodgers target and is a committee target.

Oh, so THAT'S why his signing doesn't make sense. Balotelli all over again.

F**k off Transfer Committee.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #114: Jun 05, 2015 06:14:45 pm
      So I'm hearing Tony Evans on twitter saying Benteke isn't a Rodgers target and is a committee target.

Oh, so THAT'S why his signing doesn't make sense. Balotelli all over again.

F**k off Transfer Committee.

In my opinion if you are cooking the meal you should be shopping for the groceries. Doesn't sound like it works that way.

Quick Reply