Read 47683 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]
      May 26, 2015 11:57:41 am
      Would it make sense to merge the Klopp thread with this one to keep it all under one roof? Rumours about Rafa and Ancelotti could go here too. Right now they're in two different threads (three if you count the Gaffer's thread). Mods feel free to merge this post with the Rafa's thread if not.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 2h2 hours ago

Expect Rafael Benitez to be installed as the new Real Madrid boss after Napoli's final game. Talks at an advanced stage. Not signed yet

* The Allardyce entrant is tongue in cheek

CLARIFICATION: This thread is not mean to be seen as a 'buffet' where we pick the latest internet manager darling to replace Rodgers.

It's to discuss the comings and goings of those managers mentioned (not Allardyce of course :D) because they are linked with the LFC job. Or they may not be; but that's the point of the thread, to discuss it all. Right now we have the Rodgers thread, the Klopp thread, and the Rafa thread. This thread was an attempt to consolidate those three into one. If it's a bad idea, the Mods are free to delete/merge it. It's really not that much different to the Jürgen Klopp thread.

For the record, I've made my mind up that I want Rodgers to stay to try and sort stuff out. I think change now would be set us back a season or three. Again.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2016 12:35:56 pm by RedPuppy, Reason: Edited title. »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #1: May 26, 2015 12:00:24 pm
       Fat Sam for Liverpool  :lmao:

F**k shouldn't even type that as a joke, FSG may see it as a green light  :f_whistle:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: May 26, 2015 12:29:45 pm
      You can add Di Mateo and the guy from Watford too as they've both walked away from their Clubs this morning.  Oh and Steve McLaren, Nigel Clough and whatshisface from Brentford who have all been sacked  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: May 26, 2015 12:32:50 pm
      I still say we ned ex. Liverpool players as manager get back to boot room philosophy.

Don't think BR is going anywhere, I think he has too many excuses \ bad luck this season to get away with another go at it. FSG will stick rather than twist.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: May 26, 2015 12:39:46 pm

F**k shouldn't even type that as a joke, FSG may see it as a green light  :f_whistle:

I'd stop supporting the club until he'd gone. I cannot stand him one bit.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #5: May 26, 2015 12:42:22 pm

Yes if Sam is cheaper to hire.

I still say we ned ex. Liverpool players as manager get back to boot room philosophy.
      Yes, they can possibly come free if these ex players have enough passion.

Hell, FSG just make Jordan a player manager. You can save the wages of a coaching team. Money is all you care.
      Bier
      Reply #6: May 26, 2015 12:47:38 pm
      As long as Brendan is our manager this shouldn't be in The Kop. Unless he gets sacked, this merry go round has nothing to do with us.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: May 26, 2015 01:06:58 pm
      With Rafa being a one of ours I wish the guy well. If his dream comes true in managing Real then good luck to him.

I wasnt a fan of Rafas at the end ( be careful what you wish for eh?) but he did have insurmountable problems with Hicks Gillett et al.

He got some trophies ..... was loved by all ....... and wears his heart on his sleeve for this club.

I do feel if he didnt get the Real job and FSG went after him ... it could prove to be divisive in here.

Good  Luck Rafa whatever.  Buena  Suerte !
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #8: May 26, 2015 01:13:16 pm

Don't think BR is going anywhere, I think he has too many excuses \ bad luck this season to get away with another go at it. FSG will stick rather than twist.

Nigel Clough played for us.....

(deathly silence and all eyes move to my direction...)

...Ill get my coat!
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #9: May 26, 2015 01:15:01 pm
      As long as Brendan is our manager this shouldn't be in The Kop. Unless he gets sacked, this merry go round has nothing to do with us.

if you think that you are being very naive... have you not wtahced us this season?
      Bier
      Reply #10: May 26, 2015 01:21:56 pm
      if you think that you are being very naive... have you not wtahced us this season?

It has nothing to do with being naive. Our manager isn't sacked as of yet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: May 26, 2015 01:25:48 pm
      Nigel Clough played for us.....

(deathly silence and all eyes move to my direction...)

...Ill get my coat!

Oaft, he might have wore the red shirt, but played is taking it too far. Think he had 1 good game if my memory serves. ;D.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: May 26, 2015 01:26:05 pm
      No disrespect to Rushy but it does feel a bit weird in here.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #13: May 26, 2015 01:27:40 pm
      Oaft, he might have wore the red shirt, but played is taking it too far. Think he had 1 good game if my memory serves. ;D.

the 3-3 at home to Utd? thas my memory!!!

just a side note to this, he was great for Forrest though!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: May 26, 2015 01:28:06 pm
      Yes if Sam is cheaper to hire.
      Yes, they can possibly come free if these ex players have enough passion.

Hell, FSG just make Jordan a player manager. You can save the wages of a coaching team. Money is all you care.

;D. money maybe an issue for FSG, but for me ex. players would have a better chance of winning things, no matter what team we had, and what cost.

People might laugh, but stevie Nicol has been doing well in the states, is we were not getting a big name to replace BR (if it happens) perhaps an ex. red who is actually managing and doing well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15: May 26, 2015 01:28:38 pm
      Say it again BR is going exactly nowhere.
      Some of the ludicrous replacements suggested only compound the fact.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #16: May 26, 2015 01:34:16 pm
      It has nothing to do with being naive. Our manager isn't sacked as of yet.

I agree Bier. Only just realised this is in The Kop.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #17: May 26, 2015 01:46:05 pm
      ;D. money maybe an issue for FSG, but for me ex. players would have a better chance of winning things, no matter what team we had, and what cost.

People might laugh, but stevie Nicol has been doing well in the states, is we were not getting a big name to replace BR (if it happens) perhaps an ex. red who is actually managing and doing well.
      Haha! I can imagine what they might say: "Look Robbie, it's a huge privilege to manage Liverpool. A once in a lifetime opportunity. We really need you to volunteer your services so that we can turn things around. We'll pay you a token allowance of £100 per week, so that you can pay for your meals at Melwood. The fans would be very happy to have you back."
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #18: May 26, 2015 01:48:45 pm
      Haha! I can imagine what they might say: "Look Robbie, it's a huge privilege to manage Liverpool. A once in a lifetime opportunity. We really need you to volunteer your services so that we can turn things around. We'll pay you a token allowance of £100 per week, so that you can pay for your meals at Melwood. The fans would be very happy to have you back."

;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: May 26, 2015 01:54:50 pm
      Say it again BR is going exactly nowhere.
      Some of the ludicrous replacements suggested only compound the fact.

Rafa has gone Klopp is probably going on holiday Ancelotti is out of it . I wonder if FSG have even considered a replacement and lets face it do they even know any of the men mentioned.
      The depression is setting in for the summer if we sign Milner and Ings I may have to seek medication
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #20: May 26, 2015 01:58:16 pm
      No disrespect to Rushy but it does feel a bit weird in here.
      No offence taken.

But just to clarify (I'll stick this in the OP too) this is not mean to be a 'buffet' where we pick the latest internet manager darling to replace Rodgers. It's to discuss the comings and goings of those managers mentioned (not Allardyce of course :D) because they are linked with the LFC job. Or they may not be; but that's the point of the thread, to discuss it all.

It's really no different to the Jürgen Klopp thread. And for the record, I've made my mind up that I wan Rodgers to stay to try and sort stuff out. I think change now would be set us back a season or three. Again.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #21: May 26, 2015 02:07:34 pm

just a side note to this, he was great for Forrest though!

What did he do for Craig Forrest?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2015 02:08:26 pm
      Rafa has gone Klopp is probably going on holiday Ancelotti is out of it . I wonder if FSG have even considered a replacement and lets face it do they even know any of the men mentioned.
      The depression is setting in for the summer if we sign Milner and Ings I may have to seek medication

The only concern JWH&Co have is the bricks and mortar of the refurbished stadia and the repayment of their loan to LFC.
      BR is pencilled in for next season.

Quick Reply