Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375335 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #644: Feb 07, 2016 01:18:27 am
      So has Firmino. He's been excellent in four of the past five games, but prior to that he'd been poor.

Bournemouth, West Ham, United away, Palace, Bordeaux, Swansea, Newcastle, Sion, Watford, Sunderland away, Stoke second leg, Leicester away he's been awful. He's had other games where he's been average too.

I like Firmino, I'm optimistic about his future here and I think he'll go onto be a very good player for us, but so far he's had many more poor games than good ones for us.

You seem to forget that Firmino is somebody trying to settle into a new league, Benteke has been here for years and he looks like a F***ing pansy when in the box. The fact that a midfielder has looked every inch the better striker and team player than Benteke is telling.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #645: Feb 07, 2016 04:15:11 pm
      Bobby and Studge would work a treat...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #646: Feb 07, 2016 04:54:39 pm
      Bobby and Studge would work a treat...

They really would indeed.

Firmino  Sturridge
                            Coutinho

That front 3, in my opinion is good enough to carry us to top 4 but considering the length of time 2 of them have been out then we've had no chance at all to even get to see it once.

Such a shocking season in terms of injuries, I just hope Jürgen is getting his bad luck out of the way in that regard.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #647: Feb 07, 2016 08:32:33 pm
      They really would indeed.

Firmino  Sturridge
                            Coutinho

That front 3, in my opinion is good enough to carry us to top 4 but considering the length of time 2 of them have been out then we've had no chance at all to even get to see it once.

Such a shocking season in terms of injuries, I just hope Jürgen is getting his bad luck out of the way in that regard.

Not enough goals in Coutinho for him to be part of the front 3.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #648: Feb 07, 2016 10:35:10 pm
      Not enough goals in Coutinho for him to be part of the front 3.

But yet we've been better this season when Firmino and Coutinho have been the ones up in the attack without a striker.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #649: Feb 07, 2016 10:43:40 pm
      But yet we've been better this season when Firmino and Coutinho have been the ones up in the attack without a striker.

We've been better yeah, but we've had plenty of games with Coutinho and Firmino in attack and performed sh*te.

Going forward, I think Firmino should be a part of a front three. Coutinho should play in midfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #650: Feb 08, 2016 12:50:50 pm
       Has been our best player since the New Year involved in some way in every point we have gained.

Hate to think our position if he had not been available - Benteke leading the line  :-\
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #651: Feb 08, 2016 12:58:51 pm
      We've been better yeah, but we've had plenty of games with Coutinho and Firmino in attack and performed sh*te.

Going forward, I think Firmino should be a part of a front three. Coutinho should play in midfield.

I agree Coutinho would be better utilised in midfield with his ability to create space and bring the ball forward. Something sorely lacking with Henderson and Can.

Added bonus it would stop him cutting in and finding row Z!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #652: Feb 08, 2016 01:01:55 pm
      Looks like Brendan and the committee got this one right! Imagine that!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #653: Feb 09, 2016 12:25:47 am
      Stick this lad in the Arsenal side and he'd get an absolute bucket load and he would assist the same.

Really is hilarious how far people will bend to criticise him. Player of the month for Jan, scoring and assisting today yet still some couldn't contain themselves. Not to mention the assist for Moreno that he should have scored from too.

Playing him in a front 3 of Lallana/Firmino/Milner really does hurt to watch, he is so far ahead of them in terms of ability, mental approach to the game and how he reads the game that I simply can't wait until he has someone alongside him who has some level of ability so they can compliment each other (that doesn't include Benteke for those literally falling over themselves with more excuses for him).
      This for me Luke , absolutely correct . With the same quality players around him he'd be fantastic . if only Studge stayed fit what could be .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #654: Feb 09, 2016 11:54:05 am
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #655: Feb 09, 2016 01:06:31 pm
       Congrats-Well done Roberto ,winning the PFA player of the month for January

YNWA

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #656: Feb 14, 2016 06:36:11 pm
      Love Firmino. He is the perfect partner for coutinho. Coutinho is about dribbling close to the defenders and playing through balls where as Firmino has flicks and quick touches on the edge of the box and bursts in behind. Studge, Coutinho and Bobby are going to cause havoc
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #657: Feb 15, 2016 01:00:25 am
      Bob has really deceptive movement and strength. He almost looks like he's loafing but he's always in the middle of the action, he's very confident and almost always comes away with loose balls. I think he's going to be massive for us. Seems to be made of steel too...we need another player (like Suarez) that doesn't get hurt much. Picked him as my motm for this game, just edging Coutinho.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #658: Feb 15, 2016 11:04:39 pm
      it's a blessing and a curse to me not know exactly what is his best position.
      I still feel he is a jack of all trades when it comes to our front 3 positions and the 2 different attacking approaches that we play with him.
      I thought in the last game he looked alot more settled and accustomed to his teammates movements and also appeared far more aware of how to play in the prem
      Think he is can be a quality player for us but seems one that needs quality around him as opposed to running a game (suarez) by himself.
      Hope we are able to provide that for him, Phil and Daniel
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #659: Feb 17, 2016 12:46:03 pm
      His movement is great and pressing is great. Which is very Suarez like, he shows moments of brilliance BUT he has to have good players with good movement with him. This is why he is good with coutinhio due to the movement and intelligence. First season in prem with a poor team really, I rate him and cant wait for next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #660: Mar 02, 2016 09:34:06 pm
      So who's still "not overly impressed" with Bobby?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #661: Mar 03, 2016 12:46:07 am
      Couple of tweets I saw tonight about him:

Indigo ‏@IndigoLFC  1h1 hour ago
      Firmino is the 4th highest clean cut chance creator in the league. #LFC

SimplyCosta ‏@SimplyCosta  Feb 27
      Payet:
      19 matches
      7 goals
      5 assists.

Firmino:
      17 matches
      6 goals
      6 Assists

That says nothing of what he gives in terms of work-rate either of course. It's obvious I love the lad but it must be dawning on even his biggest critics this season just what he brings to the side. Granted he gives the ball away on occasion but so often it's trying the 'right' choice, his decision making is fantastic.

Very, very intelligent player.

Settling in very well now is Bobby, player of the year next year?! Wouldn't put you off backing it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #662: Mar 03, 2016 12:57:03 am
      Couple of tweets I saw tonight about him:

Indigo ‏@IndigoLFC  1h1 hour ago
      Firmino is the 4th highest clean cut chance creator in the league. #LFC

SimplyCosta ‏@SimplyCosta  Feb 27
      Payet:
      19 matches
      7 goals
      5 assists.

Firmino:
      17 matches
      6 goals
      6 Assists

That says nothing of what he gives in terms of work-rate either of course. It's obvious I love the lad but it must be dawning on even his biggest critics this season just what he brings to the side. Granted he gives the ball away on occasion but so often it's trying the 'right' choice, his decision making is fantastic.

Very, very intelligent player.

Settling in very well now is Bobby, player of the year next year?! Wouldn't put you off backing it.

May seem a strange thing to say, but I see a lot of Kuyt in Firmino. Both work their balls off, especially when they lose the ball , both create space for others and make similar runs in behind.

Firminho just needs to learn he has to score in our most important games like Dirk did  :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #663: Mar 03, 2016 01:02:13 am
      May seem a strange thing to say, but I see a lot of Kuyt in Firmino. Both work their balls off, especially when they lose the ball , both create space for others and make similar runs in behind.

Firminho just needs to learn he has to score in our most important games like Dirk did  :)

I can see exactly where you're coming from with that, although I do believe Firmino will surprise you with how many goals and assists he is actually capable of when he really gets going.

Think I've said before but a target of 15/15 for next season is well achievable from him in my opinion.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #664: Mar 03, 2016 01:07:14 am
      I can see exactly where you're coming from with that, although I do believe Firmino will surprise you with how many goals and assists he is actually capable of when he really gets going.

Think I've said before but a target of 15/15 for next season is well achievable from him in my opinion.

Well he's a lot better "footballer" and much faster than Dirk, so it may well be achievable mate... fingers crossed. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #665: Mar 03, 2016 08:59:27 am
      Sweet finish.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #666: Mar 03, 2016 02:50:03 pm
      Bobby has been doing very well, Although I think he has performed better as a number 10 or 9. May be it will be better if Countiho moves to left but hopefully he will develop a bit more understanding with the team and be able to play in the wider role to the left of Cou. 6 goals and 6 assists is not bad, someone above compared him to Payet but we need to realize Bobby scored some of those leading the line, Payet almost never gets that role so lets hold our horses just a tad.

His work rate though is exceptional, the number of time he wins the ball up the field is amazing.

Quick Reply