Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....

Read 12291 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #69: Sep 03, 2015 06:45:07 pm
      i dont think balotelli is 'crap'.
      the fact that milan are willing to take him back shows they believe in his ability as a player, they just had questions about his behaviour.

Our manager is just hell bent on playing a 'system'. An loses faith in players very quickly if they dont fit into it. Primarily (i think) because of the pressure.

Brendan, as a young inexperienced manager does not handle the pressure of being a manager at a big club well and only plays players he thinks he can 'trust'. Which is why we played so many games last season without a striker or played sterling or gerrard up front. And left Lambert, Balo and Borini sat on the bench or at home.

u cant tell me if we go into the stoke game with 2 strikers we'd end up losing 6-1.
      He'd rather play 4-5-1 with Gerrard as striker, as opposed to 2 of the 3 international forwards we have because he lost faith in.

Because 1, they dont fit into his prefered system and 2, he doesn't trust them.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #70: Sep 03, 2015 06:48:45 pm
      i dont think balotelli is 'crap'.
      the fact that milan are willing to take him back shows they believe in his ability as a player, they just had questions about his behaviour.

Our manager is just hell bent on playing a 'system'. An loses faith in players very quickly if they dont fit into it. Primarily (i think) because of the pressure.

Brendan, as a young inexperienced manager does not handle the pressure of being a manager at a big club well and only plays players he thinks he can 'trust'. Which is why we played so many games last season without a striker or played sterling or gerrard up front. And left Lambert, Balo and Borini sat on the bench or at home.

u cant tell me if we go into the stoke game with 2 strikers we'd end up losing 6-1.
      He'd rather play 4-5-1 with Gerrard as striker, as opposed to 2 of the 3 international forwards we have because he lost faith in.

Because 1, they dont fit into his prefered system and 2, he doesn't trust them.

The only reason Milan are taking him back, is because there is no financial risk to them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #71: Sep 03, 2015 07:34:43 pm
      The only reason Milan are taking him back, is because there is no financial risk to them.

unless he burns down the san siro with a firework
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #72: Sep 03, 2015 08:02:34 pm
      That's just possible you know!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #73: Sep 03, 2015 08:03:30 pm

That's ok

It doesn't belong to them
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #74: Sep 03, 2015 08:44:04 pm
      Ultimately managers always fall out with players. It's certainly a consistent theme with Rodgers and stronger characters, but if we were winning trophies we wouldn't question the manager's decisions so much.

When the manager isn't winning things, and not reaching objectives, fans will question every decision he makes. That's football; and that's what they get paid millions of £££ every year to deal with.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #75: Sep 04, 2015 02:38:59 am
      Ultimately managers always fall out with players. It's certainly a consistent theme with Rodgers and stronger characters, but if we were winning trophies we wouldn't question the manager's decisions so much.

When the manager isn't winning things, and not reaching objectives, fans will question every decision he makes. That's football; and that's what they get paid millions of £££ every year to deal with.

Do you not think he's fallen out with a high number of players in a short space of time? Players he has brought in himself
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #76: Sep 04, 2015 09:26:44 am
      Do you not think he's fallen out with a high number of players in a short space of time? Players he has brought in himself

You'd have thought some of the players by confronting Rodgers over playing time or what not had shown 'Great Character'.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #77: Sep 04, 2015 12:34:15 pm
      I've previously posted about how it's a concern the number of players Brendan has managed to fall out with.

Without knowing more details it's impossibly to say whether he has been correct to do so  - I guess all the details will come in in some book or other.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #78: Sep 04, 2015 12:53:06 pm
      This is why we have very few leaders on the pitch or in the squad. Leaders traditionally challenge management when things aren't working. Brendan then just gets rid of them and brings in Dejan Lovren claiming he's the new Carragher.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #79: Sep 04, 2015 04:04:27 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #80: Sep 04, 2015 08:19:16 pm
      Funny really.

Kenny went, in part, because the media had their claws out because he didn't give them what they wanted.

BR generally couldn't have been more accommodating and the media are broadly agnostic - they have started to turn the heat up but not really to any meaningful degree. However when you listen to ex-players regarding his press utterances (whether on radio or TV) they regularly say things like....."what does that mean?"; "lots of words but not sure what he said".

Great example on 5Live before the Arse game - remember we were 2 & O at that point - where all, yes all, the ex pros were extremely cynical re his utterances. They were literally derisory.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #81: Sep 04, 2015 08:21:02 pm
      I guess all the details will come in in some book or other.

Gerrards book out in a couple of weeks could be interesting to read now he's not connected to the club

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #82: Sep 04, 2015 08:23:17 pm
      Gerrards book out in a couple of weeks could be interesting to read now he's not connected to the club

You think he will say anything Jon?...If FSG were gone I would assume it would be both barrel's but not so sure at this time if he will.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #83: Sep 04, 2015 08:26:16 pm
      You think he will say anything Jon?...If FSG were gone I would assume it would be both barrel's but not so sure at this time if he will.

I'd imagine there will be a few hand grenades in there mate..

The handling of his departure could be uncomfortable for a couple..

It will have a few tag lines in there I'm sure, he's not contracted to the club now so he could say what he wants

I doubt FSG will be owners by the time he comes back to the club (if indeed he does)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #84: Sep 04, 2015 08:32:05 pm
      I'd imagine there will be a few hand grenades in there mate..

The handling of his departure could be uncomfortable for a couple..

It will have a few tag lines in there I'm sure, he's not contracted to the club now so he could say what he wants

I doubt FSG will be owners by the time he comes back to the club (if indeed he does)

Stevie doesn't seem the type to tarnish relationships though IMO.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #85: Sep 04, 2015 08:33:42 pm
      Stevie doesn't seem the type to tarnish relationships though IMO.

It's been sanctioned for a reason, a couple of months after leaving the club

It won't be bland I don't think

Just a feeling

He won't tear into them but I bet there's a few tasty bits
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Sep 04, 2015 10:45:52 pm
      Agger, Reina - I liked both a lot as men.
      Imo Reina was not the player he had been and had no problem on the move based on performance.
      Agger I'd have kept, but he was not happy, it happens. He was very injury prone, but a quality CB on form.

Balotelli, Enrqique - I'd have bought their tickets.

Sterling - always sorry to see quality players leave, not sure BR could've convinced him to stay tho, and not sure how bad their relationship had got,and whether that was down more to BR or Sterling.
      City are winning stuff, we're not. Chicken and egg again, can't win stuff without quality players, quality players want to go where they can win stuff. How do we show these players we have the ambition?! Well, we're not going to pay them what they can get elsewhere. Imo if Sterling was in our team now, he'd be in our top 2 or 3 players. Find a way to keep these guys, or admit we're becoming a feeder club...
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #87: Sep 05, 2015 01:08:16 pm
      Agger, Reina - I liked both a lot as men.
      Imo Reina was not the player he had been and had no problem on the move based on performance.
      Agger I'd have kept, but he was not happy, it happens. He was very injury prone, but a quality CB on form.

Balotelli, Enrqique - I'd have bought their tickets.

Sterling - always sorry to see quality players leave, not sure BR could've convinced him to stay tho, and not sure how bad their relationship had got,and whether that was down more to BR or Sterling.
      City are winning stuff, we're not. Chicken and egg again, can't win stuff without quality players, quality players want to go where they can win stuff. How do we show these players we have the ambition?! Well, we're not going to pay them what they can get elsewhere. Imo if Sterling was in our team now, he'd be in our top 2 or 3 players. Find a way to keep these guys, or admit we're becoming a feeder club...

The sad truth is that we've been a feeder club for about ten years now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #88: Sep 05, 2015 01:17:25 pm
      I think Gerrard has his eye set on becoming Liverpool's manager one day, can't see him saying much about FSG , especially as he said very little about H&G when they were here.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #89: Sep 05, 2015 01:30:21 pm
      I think Gerrard has his eye set on becoming Liverpool's manager one day, can't see him saying much about FSG , especially as he said very little about H&G when they were here.

He said all he needed to about Fabregas and Costa being the type of players he wished we were buying, to make his point. Subtle enough to get his feelings across without rocking the boat!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #90: Sep 05, 2015 02:29:21 pm
      He said all he needed to about Fabregas and Costa being the type of players he wished we were buying, to make his point. Subtle enough to get his feelings across without rocking the boat!

“I would love a Fabregas or Costa here, but I have to understand how the owners want to do it and accept I am a Liverpool player, not a Chelsea or Manchester City player. They [Fenway Sports Group] have gone on record saying they want to bring exciting young talent into the club. You can’t just expect that to click overnight.”
      Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/steven-gerrard-id-love-a-diego-costa-or-a-cesc-fabregas-at-liverpool/208304#2BxcJgmtYTsMeFSC.99

Hardly a burning diatribe against FSG mate, any more subtle and he would have lost the point completely.

Burn in hell FSG you parsimonious bas**rds, get your hands in your pockets and buy us some world class players, you set of clueless cu*ts, might have got the message over a little more clearly.   
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Sep 05, 2015 04:04:43 pm

maybe somebody needs to rock the boat it might just help.

Quick Reply