Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who Will Take Charge?

Jürgen Klopp
      (83.1%)
      Carlo Ancelotti
      (11.6%)
      Frank De Boer
      (2.2%)
      Somebody Else
      (3.1%)

The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?

Read 77605 times
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #437: Oct 06, 2015 12:17:50 am
      I almost wonder if Klopp would actually enjoy and think of the "collegiate" transfer committee system as a positive/alluring feature of the club. As long as he has final say of course. But he seems a very zany, but methodical man who has a commitment to the statistics and I feel that if he's capable of tweaking some of those and enlightening the "board" behind the scenes that makes these decisions on what is actually a significant set of numbers to base a player's potential on - we may see success in that system.

The reason that I get that sense from him is that there's an interview from last year where he's discussing Dortmund's struggles and he mentions the exact number of kilometers that his side averaged over their five straight Bundesliga losses and how that compares to his opponents and then goes on to say the fact that his side lost those games is difficult and he almost seems shocked even as he's reciting it that his side managed to lose those games.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #438: Oct 06, 2015 12:23:31 am
      You wanted rid of him so who gives a f**k if he went to Marbella.

Yes.

I did.

Quite right. Who gives a F**k about him now.
      He's history.

So why are you ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #439: Oct 06, 2015 12:51:49 am
      Who gives a F**k about him now.

Me.

He never said a bad word about us. Always handled himself in a professional manner and had some wit about him. He gave us a season of complete and utter brilliance, one that i haven't experienced before.

It's a shame it didn't work out because he had the personality to be a great here. He had the right ideas overall but he just couldn't execute it.

If that's how you treat people that have done no wrong to you or even met you...F**k me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #440: Oct 06, 2015 12:53:32 am
      Getting onboard the Klopp-train to Crazy Town!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #441: Oct 06, 2015 01:03:24 am
      Getting onboard the Klopp-train to Crazy Town!!

we are the famous klopites
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #442: Oct 06, 2015 01:04:07 am
      Klopp Manager, Ancelotti DOF, Gerarrd Coach?

;D i wish
      alfie-red
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #443: Oct 06, 2015 01:08:49 am
      Personally, i prefer Klopp but it seems both managers have a genuine interest in the job which has kind of re-assured me as to our percieved standing amongst the european heavyweights and further enhanced my view that Brendan had minimum attraction to possible transfer targets. Im by no means a Rodgers fan but i thank him and wish him well. I really cant see how the signing of either Klopp or Ancellotti will not massively improve our pulling power when it comes to signings and judging by a lot of reliable sources it seems Klopp is the likely appointment. If the transfer committee is abolished or a structure could be put in place where as the manager gets the players HE wants i strongly believe we could be in for something special over the next couple of seasons. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #444: Oct 06, 2015 01:08:57 am
      Yes.

I did.

Quite right. Who gives a f**k about him now.
      He's history.

So why are you ?

I'm glad you're in the minority. I see far greater gratitude and best wishes across Liverpool boards towards Rodgers.

Thank god Liverpool is not identified with fans like yourself as you're a f**king disgrace and embarrassment.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #445: Oct 06, 2015 01:10:57 am
      Any reliable lead on leading candidate?

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #446: Oct 06, 2015 01:51:13 am
      Any reliable lead on leading candidate?

YNWA

Have you not been reading this thread bud?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #447: Oct 06, 2015 01:51:40 am
      Klopp is a risk IMO
      Ancelotti has seen it all and done it all , and most importantly in england

im still holding out for carlo
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #448: Oct 06, 2015 01:53:08 am
      Klopp is a risk IMO
      Ancelotti has seen it all and done it all , and most importantly in england

im still holding out for carlo

What's the risk?

That'll he'll go in and chin Ian Ayre the moment he misses out on one of our major targets?

I like that level of risk, it's win-win ;D
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #449: Oct 06, 2015 02:57:07 am
      Is anybody else surprised that the contract is only for 3 years...? When you get your hands on a manager like Klopp I would have expected a minimum of 4 years.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #450: Oct 06, 2015 03:50:23 am
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #451: Oct 06, 2015 05:02:16 am
      He never said a bad word about us. Always handled himself in a professional manner and had some wit about him.

mate that's like saying a bloke who is banging your wife is really nice because he is always polite when he sees you.

Rodgers may have "said the right things" but on what planet is that any sort of meaningful way to judge a manager?  while he was "saying the right things," he was systematically dragging our club down farther and farther into mid-table mediocrity.  Tony Barrett just wrote yesterday in an article that Rodgers tried to move for Ashley Williams over Sakho, Clint Dempsey over Sturridge, and for Ryan Bertrand!!  the committee we all condemn, f**king hell, thank god they were there to stop him doing it!

Almost every step of the way he was undermining the traditions and history of the club.  By throwing in the towel before the game even started at Real Madrid and in the process spitting in the faces of the traveling supporters who for years had gone without those exciting nights.  Or how about when he sat on his arse the entire first half while we went down 0-5 before halftime vs. Stoke.  Make a substitution, change the formation, do SOMETHING.  No, he just sat and watched.  Why?  because the man never got that he was at a big club.  You don't go to a big club and say "I want Borini, Allen, Dempsey and Sigurdsson."  f**king hell.

Wow, he said the right things.  Good for him.  Behind the scenes though and on the pitch he was doing the exact opposite---slowly dragging us down and turning us into the next Aston Villa.

but yea, he said the right things, so who cares about that football rubbish, what matters is what he said in the press conferences.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #452: Oct 06, 2015 05:13:02 am
      mate that's like saying a bloke who is banging your wife is really nice because he is always polite when he sees you.

Rodgers may have "said the right things" but on what planet is that any sort of meaningful way to judge a manager?  while he was "saying the right things," he was systematically dragging our club down farther and farther into mid-table mediocrity.  Tony Barrett just wrote yesterday in an article that Rodgers tried to move for Ashley Williams over Sakho, Clint Dempsey over Sturridge, and for Ryan Bertrand!!  the committee we all condemn, f**king hell, thank god they were there to stop him doing it!

Almost every step of the way he was undermining the traditions and history of the club.  By throwing in the towel before the game even started at Real Madrid and in the process spitting in the faces of the traveling supporters who for years had gone without those exciting nights.  Or how about when he sat on his arse the entire first half while we went down 0-5 before halftime vs. Stoke.  Make a substitution, change the formation, do SOMETHING.  No, he just sat and watched.  Why?  because the man never got that he was at a big club.  You don't go to a big club and say "I want Borini, Allen, Dempsey and Sigurdsson."  f**king hell.

Wow, he said the right things.  Good for him.  Behind the scenes though and on the pitch he was doing the exact opposite---slowly dragging us down and turning us into the next Aston Villa.

but yea, he said the right things, so who cares about that football rubbish, what matters is what he said in the press conferences.

Brendan may be some things in your eyes, but at least he's not a Chelsea supporting racist like yourself.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #453: Oct 06, 2015 05:14:00 am

I'll assume that you must be part of the transfer committee then Fed, since you know for sure what players Rodgers wanted!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #454: Oct 06, 2015 05:22:18 am
      I'll assume that you must be part of the transfer committee then Fed, since you know for sure what players Rodgers wanted!

I think it's pretty obvious which players he wanted.  Do you really think he pulled names randomly out of a hat and it just so happened that they were Borini and Allen etc, players he'd worked with for years, who just happened to play for clubs he worked for etc....

Do you think it's really hard to figure out which one was Rodgers' signing between Lovren and Sakho, when one plays almost flawlessly and yet still got benched for the other, who looked like a clown each time he was on the pitch....

Come on.  Wake up.  The writing was on the wall.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #455: Oct 06, 2015 05:27:20 am
      I think it's pretty obvious which players he wanted.  Do you really think he pulled names randomly out of a hat and it just so happened that they were Borini and Allen etc, players he'd worked with for years, who just happened to play for clubs he worked for etc....

Do you think it's really hard to figure out which one was Rodgers' signing between Lovren and Sakho, when one plays almost flawlessly and yet still got benched for the other, who looked like a clown each time he was on the pitch....

sh*t End forum with your fellow racist Chavs is the place for you.

Anyway, Melissa Reddy wrote this on Anfield Wrap ( y'know that site run by real Liverpool fans who respect our managers....):

"Last year, the manager heard that a young employee at the club — not one in his sphere of Melwood — was undergoing life-changing surgery. The night before the patient-to-be was due into hospital to prepare for the operation, he received a phone call off Rodgers, who encouraged him to be brave and think not of the procedure, but of the betterment that would follow it. It touched him, and even now, the lad cannot fully articulate how much that gesture from the boss meant to him."

What a total c**t of a man Brendan was.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #456: Oct 06, 2015 05:33:24 am
      What a total c**t of a man Brendan was.

Brendan Rodgers was not hired to be a nice bloke and he wasn't sacked because he wasn't a nice bloke. 

He was hired to take us back where we belong.  He failed.  Miserably.

It's a very touching story, I've seen a few of those over the last day or so, like how he helped out Henderson's father when he was diagnosed with cancer.  He seems like a decent bloke.

But what does that have to do with the mediocre rubbish he signed, tried to sign,and continually played?

Do you think FSG should have said "maybe we shouldn't sack him, because he's a nice bloke."  Don't be naive.  The gestures he made are nice and even moving, but they have nothing to do with football. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #457: Oct 06, 2015 05:40:56 am

But at the same time you claim Rodgers has veto on any player he didn't want! Can't have it both ways Fed!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #458: Oct 06, 2015 06:01:04 am
      But at the same time you claim Rodgers has veto on any player he didn't want! Can't have it both ways Fed!

Tell me what players he didn't want ? Exactly. You're just making assumptions.

He clearly wanted players like Lovren, Borini, Allen, Benteke, Firmino, Lallana, Lambert and he failed to make a good use of them, while some of them are utter rubbish.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #459: Oct 06, 2015 06:27:06 am
      I have never seen so many footballers form drop off so badly after joining a new club. I would say Sturridge and Suarez were the only exceptions to the rule. 

Quick Reply