Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528076 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7337: May 06, 2016 11:27:28 am
      How can you not love this guy?

It must be infuriating for other fans.

Especially the ones who have to watch Van Gaal in the dugout.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #7338: May 06, 2016 12:20:18 pm
      Especially the ones who have to watch Van Gaal in the dugout.

Ha ha I don't think they watch him at all !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7339: May 06, 2016 12:32:30 pm
      Klopp in his conference 'complained about the flares/smoke'. This is why.

We were going to kill them.  :giveup: :f_bluelight:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7340: May 06, 2016 12:34:23 pm
      Klopp in his conference 'complained about the flares/smoke'. This is why.

We were going to kill them.  :giveup: :f_bluelight:

Always reminds me of The Italian Job when Michael Caine and co used smoke bombs to hide the truck carrying the gold bullion! Just got to make sure that no opposing fans use that technique to steal our Klopp!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7341: May 06, 2016 01:05:12 pm
      I went the first game (the one that was abandoned) but didn't go the following night when we won 3-0 :( 

I went to both I can still remember the gasp when Toshack wasn't in the team.
      Worth knowing the story its such an important part of our history
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_UEFA_Cup_Final
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #7342: May 06, 2016 03:10:49 pm
      Answer me this:

How does Klopp reach two finals in one season with the same squad Rodgers had at his disposal?
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #7343: May 06, 2016 03:16:15 pm
      Answer me this:

How does Klopp reach two finals in one season with the same squad Rodgers had at his disposal?

Because one tool said that 'Give me the tools and I can do the job' while Klopp said I can do the job now that the tool has left.  ;D
      +10
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7344: May 06, 2016 03:34:11 pm
      Wonder if Uefa will tell Jürgen off fot suggesting fans go to the final and enjoy the atmosphere. Uefa saying fans should not travel without a ticket now when did Uefa get to decide how and where our citizens and fans travel to.
      they fu**ed up again and they will be shitting themselves a 34000 stadium is just a joke. they are going to have to put on a good sized fan zone with big screens.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #7345: May 06, 2016 03:34:51 pm
      Answer me this:

Because he didn't have the same team?

Rodgers only had this team for a couple of months. Klopp's had it for 7 months. There were no finals for Rodgers to make with "this team".

Last year when Rodgers had the chance to make a final he had a different team.

Let's not worry about  it anyway. Let's just enjoy the fact that one more win puts us back into the hardware and back into the Champion's League.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7346: May 06, 2016 03:37:23 pm
      So you think Brendan's team is better than Houllier's team :)

Jeez S@int there's enough hullabaloo on here as it is, I don't think we need you  stirring that big spoon of yours    ;)

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7347: May 06, 2016 04:00:19 pm
      Wonder if Uefa will tell Jürgen off fot suggesting fans go to the final and enjoy the atmosphere. Uefa saying fans should not travel without a ticket now when did Uefa get to decide how and where our citizens and fans travel to.
      they fu**ed up again and they will be shitting themselves a 34000 stadium is just a joke. they are going to have to put on a good sized fan zone with big screens.

It's the second lowest capacity for a Europa League/UEFA Cup final since '98 apparently. There have been some decent sized stadiums that have held the final in recent years...

Europa League/UEFA Cup final destinations and attendances:

2015: Warsaw 45,000 (Dnipro vs Sevilla)

2014: Turin 33,120 (Sevilla vs Benfica)

2013: Amsterdam 46,163 (Benfica vs Chelsea)

2012: Bucharest 52,347 (Atl. Madrid vs Bilbao)

2011: Dublin : 45,391 (Porto vs Braga)

2010: Hamburg 49,000 (Atl. Madrid vs Fulham)

2009: Istanbul 37,357 (Shakhtar vs Werder Bremen)

2008: Manchester 43,878 (Zenit vs Rangers)

2007: Glasgow 50,670 (Espanyol vs Sevilla)

2006: Eindhoven 36,500 (Middlesbrough vs Sevilla)

2005: Lisbon 47,085 (Sp. Lisbon vs CSKA)

2004: Gothenburg 39,000 (Valencia vs Marseille)

2003: Seville 52,140 (Celtic vs Porto)

2002: Rotterdam 45,611 (Feyenoord vs Dortmund)

2001: Dortmund 48,050 (Liverpool vs Alaves)

2000: Copenhagen 38,919 (Galatasaray vs Arsenal)

1999: Moscow 62,000 (Parma vs Marseille)

1998: Paris 44,412 (Lazio vs Inter)

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #7348: May 06, 2016 04:31:04 pm
      Firstly, great to be back, missed you guys the last few days, f***in O2 cut me off wankers, Anyhoo what a future we have with our Jürgen, two finals in his first 7 months of his tenure,??

I'm sticking some dollar on us lifting no 19 by this time next season, think we're around 11/1, so not too shabby, all donations gratefully received, ta very much,

So once again Liverpool FC carry the flag for British football in Europe, city's piss poor performance in the Cl semi was quite frankly embarrassing, but F**k them, they got what they deserved, and so did we,

And how, last night we proved yet again who are the best at progressing in Europe, once again Liverpool are beginning to stamp our authority on the rest of Europe, we have lost just once in 14 and have put to the sword the likes of mufc, BvB, and Villarreal, all of which are doing well in their respective leagues,

Dortmund favs for this comp and best in German fotbal bar one,and Villarreal unbeaten in Spain Inc, Barcelona, RM, and AM, and up until last night,

I keep pinching myself, trying to take in what's happening, it's truly unbelievable, I would just love it if / when we lift that trophy in Basle, but even if we don't what a future we have, it's going to be incREDible,

BOSS THA!!!

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7349: May 06, 2016 07:20:33 pm
      Firstly, great to be back, missed you guys the last few days, F**kin O2 cut me off wankers

Well at least that dispels the rumour that you were last seen wandering on a bleak and damp moor, wellies in hand mate :)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #7350: May 06, 2016 07:48:38 pm
      Firstly, great to be back, missed you guys the last few days, f***in O2 cut me off wankers, Anyhoo what a future we have with our Jürgen, two finals in his first 7 months of his tenure,??

I'm sticking some dollar on us lifting no 19 by this time next season, think we're around 11/1, so not too shabby, all donations gratefully received, ta very much,

So once again Liverpool FC carry the flag for British football in Europe, city's piss poor performance in the Cl semi was quite frankly embarrassing, but F**k them, they got what they deserved, and so did we,

And how, last night we proved yet again who are the best at progressing in Europe, once again Liverpool are beginning to stamp our authority on the rest of Europe, we have lost just once in 14 and have put to the sword the likes of mufc, BvB, and Villarreal, all of which are doing well in their respective leagues,

Dortmund favs for this comp and best in German fotbal bar one,and Villarreal unbeaten in Spain Inc, Barcelona, RM, and AM, and up until last night,

I keep pinching myself, trying to take in what's happening, it's truly unbelievable, I would just love it if / when we lift that trophy in Basle, but even if we don't what a future we have, it's going to be incREDible,

BOSS THA!!!

YNWA

Have already had that flutter mate , you're quite right 11/1.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #7351: May 06, 2016 08:01:04 pm
      Well at least that dispels the rumour that you were last seen wandering on a bleak and damp moor, wellies in hand mate :)

It's all true mate, but them at o2 are still wankers  ;D

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #7352: May 06, 2016 08:11:22 pm
      Jürgen making Anfield a fortress once again. Team should fear coming to play us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7353: May 06, 2016 08:57:59 pm
      It's the second lowest capacity for a Europa League/UEFA Cup final since '98 apparently. There have been some decent sized stadiums that have held the final in recent years...

Europa League/UEFA Cup final destinations and attendances:

2015: Warsaw 45,000 (Dnipro vs Sevilla)

2014: Turin 33,120 (Sevilla vs Benfica)

2013: Amsterdam 46,163 (Benfica vs Chelsea)

2012: Bucharest 52,347 (Atl. Madrid vs Bilbao)

2011: Dublin : 45,391 (Porto vs Braga)

2010: Hamburg 49,000 (Atl. Madrid vs Fulham)

2009: Istanbul 37,357 (Shakhtar vs Werder Bremen)

2008: Manchester 43,878 (Zenit vs Rangers)

2007: Glasgow 50,670 (Espanyol vs Sevilla)

2006: Eindhoven 36,500 (Middlesbrough vs Sevilla)

2005: Lisbon 47,085 (Sp. Lisbon vs CSKA)

2004: Gothenburg 39,000 (Valencia vs Marseille)

2003: Seville 52,140 (Celtic vs Porto)

2002: Rotterdam 45,611 (Feyenoord vs Dortmund)

2001: Dortmund 48,050 (Liverpool vs Alaves)

2000: Copenhagen 38,919 (Galatasaray vs Arsenal)

1999: Moscow 62,000 (Parma vs Marseille)

1998: Paris 44,412 (Lazio vs Inter)

apparently there are over 100 grounds in Europe with a bigger capacity. Go figure .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7354: May 06, 2016 09:28:38 pm

Ah, it's brilliant to have a European Final to look forward to :) It's been a while.

And it's a massive prize. Not just a possible 4th EUFA/Europa Cup, EUROPEAN SILVERWARE!! but straight into the group stages of the CL next season.

90 minutes away. Urk, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet ... :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #7355: May 06, 2016 11:00:16 pm
      Ah, it's brilliant to have a European Final to look forward to :) It's been a while.

And it's a massive prize. Not just a possible 4th EUFA/Europa Cup, EUROPEAN SILVERWARE!! but straight into the group stages of the CL next season.

90 minutes away. Urk, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet ... :)

Straight to the group stage?, I thought it was the qualifying route, even better then, Fookin cant wait,

YNWA
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #7356: May 07, 2016 11:17:46 am
      I'm a teacher and I always observed that the attitude of the teacher reflects the attitude of the students. Manager-player situation is the same. Klopp is influencing all the players with his all out attitude.

Not only he´s influencing the players but also he´s electrifying everybody around him, players as well as staff, supporters, press, just everybody.

It´s a pity he can´t express himself in english as well as in german for he´s able to fascinate so much with his language finding almost any time the proper words to describe all matters of football and create deep emotions with his audience.

Seems though he´s capable to do so even with his (not too much) limited english and could do so in any other language as well. This man has such a charisma he would probably win everybody without saying one word at all. :-)

I´ve been his victim and succumbed to him since his first presser in Dortmund. :-)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7357: May 07, 2016 11:24:20 am
      Not only he´s influencing the players but also he´s electrifying everybody around him, players as well as staff, supporters, press, just everybody.

It´s a pity he can´t express himself in english as well as in german for he´s able to fascinate so much with his language finding almost any time the proper words to describe all matters of football and create deep emotions with his audience.

Seems though he´s capable to do so even with his (not too much) limited english and could do so in any other language as well. This man has such a charisma he would probably win everybody without saying one word at all. :-)

I´ve been his victim and succumbed to him since his first presser in Dortmund. :-)

Exactly my thoughts :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7358: May 07, 2016 11:30:42 am

I think his English is perfect and because its not his first language he comes across in a very considered way as if each word must be understood by the recipient. but most of all and it is very important to me is that he talks sense and doesn't talk bullshit and takes the journos head on, its such a breath of fresh air as for many many years now we have all been fed crap from football managers who never see anything or hear anything unless it suites them.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #7359: May 07, 2016 11:49:34 am

Ridiculous that they chose a stadium of that size, was going to book my tickets to Basel, but then I calculated the costs and found that paying more than 1000 euros in flight, accommodation and game tickets has put me off :(

Quick Reply