Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526293 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9936: Sep 25, 2016 06:56:07 pm
      Frustrating waiting for the next game....

Good news though Klopp is on MNF ;D

Damn I need my Klopp fix...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9937: Sep 25, 2016 06:57:25 pm
      We're going to win the f**king league! There I've said it!
      Jürgen for president!

President of what FSG? I hope not ;D

More like Chairman Mao in charge of the Red masses.... ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9938: Sep 25, 2016 06:58:25 pm
      I think part of that was a mixture of there being a fair bit of talk about him having the chance to return to Barca and also with there being a lot of talk that the club were wanting rid of him anyway with the new policy that also meant the likes of Kuyt and Maxi were wrongly binned off.
      I remember seeing somewhere that after Rafa, Pepe was trying to push for the club to hire Pellegrini, then obviously that didn't happen but Woy did happen. Seeing the likes of Masch, Torres etc sold and players like Poulsen and Konchesky being signed. Followed on with the likes of Adam and Downing etc.
      Pepe was always a big part of the teams personality too, he knew he had quality players around him but then with the changing of managers, not having the manager he felt would take the club forward, poor players being signed and generally the club not being in a great place took it's toll on him and had an impact on his game.

You could well be right mate.

I think there were a lot of mistakes (or just sheer neglect) off the pitch under H and G at a time when we had the best spine of a team I can remember. That was continued at the beginning under FSG. Teethig problems getting to grips with a new sport, taking bad advice and all that.

Think we are getting there now, and season on season we have the chance to grow stronger under Jürgen. As good as we have been recently, the squad is still a few injuries away from being stretched a little, so we aren't there yet. But the signs are we are on our way.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #9939: Sep 25, 2016 07:47:00 pm
      I think Migs belongs in there really. BR in an ideal world wanted to play out from the back but Migs distribution is the weakest part of his already limited game.

One of the biggest shockers for me was Ally Cissokho on loan. Again with the theme of playing from the back, he was the worst with the ball at his feet i'd seen since dancing Djimi Traore.

There were many strange transfers at that time and under BR. The likes of Sahin who came and played all over the pitch. Luis Alberto, Lazar, Balo, Benteke, Manquillo again another wird loan. Even Sakho who it became pretty clear Brendan couldn't be arsed with.

I think the transfer comitee and BR were on totally different wave lengths, and judging by what Klopp has done since he has come in, he's acted very quickly to say if I don't think they will suit us then he is happy to wait.

Agree or disagree, (and I was ranting that we needed a left back and demanding we spend some of that money we made on sales in the Summer)  it seems to me Klopp will not panic buy because we are short. He will firstly look to see if there is a solution already in the squad.

We do still need to phase Moreno out and bring a left back in, but until the right one comes along he isn't going to fall down a Cissokho/Manquillo type trap.

It takes a big character I think to do that, because in the end I think BR accepted the sh*te names the TC came up with rather than standing up to them and saying no thankyou. In the end under BR we ended up with a few very strange looking squads.

Klopp is a huge character and will politely and happily knock names who he doesnt want on the head.

Should mean we arwbt aren't chopping and changing 6 or 7 players in and out season on seaon too.

Ramble over!

One things for sure - under Klopp, absolute tossers like Luis Alberto or Balotelli won't find their way into this squad.

Rodgers never had the knowledge to offer a second opinion - one of the drawbacks in being only a native of the English game, but it never fails to amaze me that the likes of Fallows and co were paid a great deal of money to scout quality and on many occasions came back with utter sh*te. Do folk really think the likes of Txiki Begiristain would have recommended the likes of Mignolet? Quality in the dugout has to be matched with quality in the scouting department, and not enough scrutiny has gone towards their failures in my opinion.

When Rodgers left, ideally I would have liked to have seen that shower given the boot also. I'm pleased their powers have been somewhat diluted though with Klopp and co's expertise.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9940: Sep 25, 2016 08:19:35 pm
      Quote from Pippen
      But so seems ManCity as well. Kind of soured my day seeing that we didn't come any closer to them.

So far they've played

Sunderland 20th
      Stoke City 19th
      West Ham 18th
      Bournemouth 17th (before weekend)
      Swansea 16th

their Derby

There is a clear pattern there. The last game is a free hit as we (should) want them to win it every year. The rest are results you would expect them to get.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9941: Sep 25, 2016 09:18:10 pm
      President of what FSG? I hope not ;D

More like Chairman Mao in charge of the Red masses.... ;)

I think only Sakho would compare him to chairman Mao at the minute! 😁
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #9942: Sep 25, 2016 09:27:42 pm
      We should get a book going for the minute that Klopp mentions "that f**king Burnley result"  :lmao:

Would be hilarious if he swore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9943: Sep 25, 2016 10:15:55 pm
      We're going to win the f**king league! There I've said it!
      Jürgen for president!

I was slightly embarrassed when the crowd started singing it during the Hull match.

I love the thought and the song but I remembered what happened last time we were singing it and that ended up fu**ed!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9944: Sep 25, 2016 10:48:20 pm
      I was slightly embarrassed when the crowd started singing it during the Hull match.

I love the thought and the song but I remembered what happened last time we were singing it and that ended up fu**ed!

I think we've a good chance, but I'll only admit that on here. As far as any other supporters are concerned we're 3 years away from that level 😃
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9945: Sep 25, 2016 11:10:50 pm
      So far they've played

Sunderland 20th
      Stoke City 19th
      West Ham 18th
      Bournemouth 17th (before weekend)
      Swansea 16th

their Derby

There is a clear pattern there. The last game is a free hit as we (should) want them to win it every year. The rest are results you would expect them to get.

Key thing in all but 1 of them games too; They've conceded. Their defence is weak, very weak and error prone.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #9946: Sep 26, 2016 05:37:57 am

Doesn't really matter now, does it?

One failure does not mean that we should hesitate the next time we have oppurtunity to "believe".

I guess thats what Klopp said in his first presser - "Doubters to Believers".
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9947: Sep 26, 2016 07:38:43 am
      Quote from JD
      One of our best starts in competitive football for a long while.

6 wins 1 draw 1 defeat.

Both 07/08 and 08/09 we kicked off with 5 wins and 3 draws in all comps.

Remember it well.

Sep 2007: 0-0 v Birmingham (h)
      Sep 2008: 0-0 v Stoke City (h)

Two of the many controlling the game snoozefests we sat through, despite world stars like Reina Carra Masch Stevie Torres around to get the job done against cannon fodder. If those players were available today for Jürgen, what with our 700+ passes, 20 attempts on goal fests, the wait to bring No. 19 home from exile would be over.

So planning our evening viewing we want to watch it at 7:30-8, 8:50 to 9:05 and 9:50 onwards.

Sack the actual game off!

I think he's there to talk about us more than the game itself.

He'll be the centre of the action in the next MNF game too.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #9948: Sep 26, 2016 09:16:17 am

It was the hull fans singing it during the game taking the piss cos they were being battered was down the anny road end at least .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9949: Sep 26, 2016 09:53:16 am

Ye I really didn't get why some fans were singing that, we're 4th & 5 points behind 1st. Is this for the Arsenal 4th place trophy or something? :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #9950: Sep 26, 2016 11:39:13 am
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #9951: Sep 26, 2016 12:41:33 pm
      This is the most optimistic I've been in 26 years

January transfer window may well be massive
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #9952: Sep 26, 2016 12:44:33 pm
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016 01:00:24 pm by JD »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9953: Sep 26, 2016 05:48:30 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #9954: Sep 26, 2016 07:29:27 pm
      I don't like this, I don't want anyone tuning in and picking up tips on how to beat LFC because Klopp reveals tactics and strategy.

I know he's not daft, but I just wish he wasn't airing his views on why he does this and does that. 
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #9955: Sep 26, 2016 07:45:27 pm
      I don't like this, I don't want anyone tuning in and picking up tips on how to beat LFC because Klopp reveals tactics and strategy.

I know he's not daft, but I just wish he wasn't airing his views on why he does this and does that.

Mate sometimes ala Chelsea you can think too much about an opponent the more clubs think about and worry about playing Liverpool the better. However I've not enjoyed it either, I don't think Carra has gleamed anything we didn't know already, God help me but I think Neville would have made it more entertaining.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #9956: Sep 26, 2016 07:46:32 pm

Behave you honestly dont think the other teams analysts, coaches etc have not analysed our play to death already?

I could listen him for the next 2 hours rather than watch the Burnley game!
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #9957: Sep 26, 2016 07:56:10 pm
      I think I've fallen even more in love with our Jürgen after that. The man is just a joy, his love of what he does shines through! What a breath of fresh air, and an antidote to Mourinho, thank God he's ours!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #9958: Sep 26, 2016 07:57:31 pm

Come on, with screeds and screeds of video recordings of matches and hundreds of coaches to scrutinise over every bit of detail, I'm sure what Klopp says won't change much in the grand scheme of things.

Quick Reply