Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool V Bordeaux - 26/11 - 20:05 ko

Read 9028 times
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool V Bordeaux - 26/11 - 20:05 ko
      Reply #46: Nov 26, 2015 04:25:26 am
      I think Klopp will play pretty much his strongest 11, remember what he said a few weeks back...

We are not tired until we say we are tired. All this talk of giving rests is a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Play as close to the team that played city and let them build more confidence together. The confidence gained in that match will have every single player who played energised and raring to go.

Also let's not forget this is a competition we could have a real chance in and it also gives us another route into the Champs League.

Start with the strongest team and then start resting people mid match if we need to. But in reality these are all professional athletes and playing games is what they are paid to do.

100% agree with this. I'd love us to win this,we're definitely capable of winning and what a first trophy that could be for Klopp. A real statement of intent.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #47: Nov 26, 2015 08:06:36 am
      For those who missed it, here's the pre-match interview for your build up to tonight's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0WEw_mNng
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #48: Nov 26, 2015 08:10:43 am
      Dejan Lovren's pre match press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlQrvqXbu6A
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Nov 26, 2015 08:30:00 am
      For those who missed it, here's the pre-match interview for your build up to tonight's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0WEw_mNng

It's a good laugh in places but I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't watched it try to skip the translations, drags on a bit.

I like the way he basically tells the press to stop asking about his training methods, that's for us to know and you not to. Also at pains not to knock the previous manager which I like because it was clearly a leading question for him to do so. No surprise from me but I thought he dealt with it all superbly again, a real breath of fresh air.

Just the very simple things like giving young Isaac the credit alone rather than the press suggesting it was "kids" who asked him, little things like that add up. Some would suggest that's nothing and a simple thing we do all the time but when done with genuine motives it just makes you warm even further to people.

Can't fault the man and for me (as you'll all know too well) that's a very rare thing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #50: Nov 26, 2015 09:15:21 am
      Luke I also give Jürgen Klopp full marks for not laying any blame on Rodgers-which he was fully entitled to do in my opinion. He also made sure the media were fully aware that it was only young Isaac who had been giving him lessons on scouse terminology. We are lucky to have the man at Liverpool.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #51: Nov 26, 2015 11:43:10 am
      It's a good laugh in places but I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't watched it try to skip the translations, drags on a bit.

Also at pains not to knock the previous manager which I like because it was clearly a leading question for him to do so. No surprise from me but I thought he dealt with it all superbly again, a real breath of fresh air.

Luke I also give Jürgen Klopp full marks for not laying any blame on Rodgers-which he was fully entitled to do in my opinion. He also made sure the media were fully aware that it was only young Isaac who had been giving him lessons on scouse terminology. We are lucky to have the man at Liverpool.

Its like a fab woman after a bad 'un as I can testify to.

The contrast is stark and the the more fab your girl is the bigger bi*ch the first one becomes in comparison.

He doesnt need to knock Rodgers.

Rodgers actions ... or lack of ... eventually spoke louder than his sound bytes and Jürgen simply shows Rodgers up all the time for what he was.

End Of. /

The game ?

Reds 2  Frogs 0

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Nov 26, 2015 01:16:38 pm
      Every match now is as it should be important and full of anticipation. He manages to express himself positively in press conferences just by talking directly to people and answering questions the same way. I cant wait to see his team for tonight I hope we get to see Sturridge and Benteke play together if that could work anything is possible this season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #53: Nov 26, 2015 01:17:47 pm
      Supposed team for tonight :- Mignolet – Clyne, Touré, Lovren, Moreno – Milner, Lucas, Allen – Ibe, Firmino – Benteke.

Subs from: Bogdán, Smith, Randall, Lallana, Emre Can, Brannagan, Sturridge, Origi
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: Nov 26, 2015 01:22:50 pm
      Supposed team for tonight :- Mignolet – Clyne, Touré, Lovren, Moreno – Milner, Lucas, Allen – Ibe, Firmino – Benteke.

Subs from: Bogdán, Smith, Randall, Lallana, Emre Can, Brannagan, Sturridge, Origi

another chance for Dejan to show us he is  definitely on the mend . Allen  is an obvious one and really pleased IBE gets another chance as I can see this kid becoming a real star for us. Forgot we even had Origi in the squad were has he been. Cant wait for the game
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2015 02:27:29 pm by waltonl4 »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #55: Nov 26, 2015 01:24:01 pm

Decent team although surprised to see Bogdan not getting the nod to be honest.

Apparently Skrts is feeling ill?!?, heard somewhere, believe it was Jürgen's presser. So we're also down to our final 2 senior CBs. Really need to get qualified tonight so we can have a rest in the final game of this league phase.

I think that team should win tonight and I'm really looking forward to it, just hope we can get a few goals ahead and perhaps rest the likes of Lucas/Firmino/Clyne but I suspect it'll be much tighter than that.

It's nice to see us taking the competition seriously though, it's got a wonderful prize at the end of it and I've got a feeling we might just surprise one or two in it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #56: Nov 26, 2015 01:47:47 pm
      Anfield here we come !!! Were on the march were Jurgens Army !! Come on you mighty Reds !! We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road when you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys !!

I'm a little excited  ;D

Enjoy the game everyone...be back about 2am  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2015 02:23:26 pm
      Great op Kopite91. Let's hope Poko starts for them than.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2015 02:42:52 pm
      Decent team although surprised to see Bogdan not getting the nod to be honest.

Apparently Skrts is feeling ill?!?, heard somewhere, believe it was Jürgen's presser. So we're also down to our final 2 senior CBs. Really need to get qualified tonight so we can have a rest in the final game of this league phase.

I think that team should win tonight and I'm really looking forward to it, just hope we can get a few goals ahead and perhaps rest the likes of Lucas/Firmino/Clyne but I suspect it'll be much tighter than that.

It's nice to see us taking the competition seriously though, it's got a wonderful prize at the end of it and I've got a feeling we might just surprise one or two in it.

More surprised or disappointed mate? I'm not surprised in the slightest in all honesty.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2015 03:07:43 pm
      More surprised or disappointed mate? I'm not surprised in the slightest in all honesty.

Yeah fair to say there's disappointment in there too mate, I think he could quite easily challenge Migs for that starting position judged on his previous showing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Nov 26, 2015 03:29:59 pm
      Pumped for this one. Hope Allen steps up after his awful displays the last two times he had a run.

Interested to see where Firmino operates. Probably left side and cut in like Coutinho was doing against City.

Either way, hoping Skrtel is fit for the game on the weekend and we get the job done with a win.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #61: Nov 26, 2015 03:50:02 pm
      Don't finish work till 8:30  :mad:
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #62: Nov 26, 2015 04:17:30 pm

It's just a badge... I don't even care what ours looks like...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Nov 26, 2015 04:23:28 pm
      Yeah fair to say there's disappointment in there too mate, I think he could quite easily challenge Migs for that starting position judged on his previous showing.

Do you think Jürgen wants to look at Mignolet more ? parts of his game stink ie anytime he needs to kick a ball.
      jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #64: Nov 26, 2015 05:03:47 pm
      good platform for Allen to showcase for Klopp.

Best case scenario is Sturridge staying on the bench for health reasons.

Really want to see Ibe get some time as well. Has had some showcases of class when he's been on the pitch. And obviously Klopp is a huge fan.

3-1 LFC (Benteke, Ibe, Lallana)
      jonny961
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #65: Nov 26, 2015 05:29:14 pm
      Hi guys, anyone know of a decent stream for the game tonight?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #66: Nov 26, 2015 05:48:52 pm
      Looking forward to this, think we'll get a very good result tonight.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #67: Nov 26, 2015 05:52:04 pm
      Do you think Jürgen wants to look at Mignolet more ? parts of his game stink ie anytime he needs to kick a ball.

Really don't know Walt, can only assume that Migs looks the best in training to be honest mate or Jürgen is trying see Migs progress with the coaching he's been given. Keepers are a strange breed that confidence is such an over-riding component that seems to effect them even more than outfield players so it could just be that he doesn't want to rock the boat until he feels the choice is obvious. All this is second guessing right now but as I said I'm disappointed Bogdan doesn't seem to be starting.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #68: Nov 26, 2015 05:54:34 pm
      Hope to see Sturridge get 20 mins. I think he will thrive in Klopps system. He will be banging in goals for fun if he stays fit of course.

Quick Reply