Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 38121 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #828: Jan 18, 2016 03:12:43 pm
      After I calmed down and came back from work. We were robbed yesterday and they are f***in poor team. Their luck is huge as always.

We played well but lacked that pure striker with the ability to find a killer.

YNWA Reds.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #829: Jan 18, 2016 03:31:07 pm
      Gutted with yesterdays result along with everybody else.
      Mig's I agree has to be replaced but a tad harsh to blame him entirely for the goal yesterday.
      Does he not slip just before Shrek smashes it in, don't know if he would have saved it even if he was on his feet.
      Bad defending more than a goalkeeper error in my book.

One for the statistician's on here, when was the last time we played the scum, and not one Liverpool player was booked ?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #830: Jan 18, 2016 03:46:35 pm
      After I calmed down and came back from work. We were robbed yesterday and they are f***in poor team. Their luck is huge as always.

We played well but lacked that pure striker with the ability to find a killer.

YNWA Reds.

this..
       we cannot continue creating chances and make a mess of the last touch/shot/header etc etc
       we will  keep losing games like this, if we do not solve this finishing problem or bring in a true striker ,
      they(the mancs ,) had 2 attempts and ZERO on target before they nicked the goal , which was the only one on target ALL game and again from a corner
          we lack a true leader in the team aswell
        YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #831: Jan 18, 2016 04:41:11 pm
      Losing to these bunch of cu*ts once is bad enough, but for the 4th consecutive game is an absolute piss take. For United to manage the double over us again is pathetic when they struggle to beat teams at least once in a season.

For the amount of money both teams have spent, the quality of play was shocking, both teams looked utter crap and could barely string 3 passes together.

Again a sloppy goal to let in, we had 4 players around Fellaini who all made a feeble attempt to win the header and then Rooney was completely unmarked.

I don't know why we bothered signing Caulker when we don't play him other than at the end up front to try and dig us out of a hole.

I can just about stomach a defeat against any team apart from the Mancs, disgraceful result.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #832: Jan 18, 2016 04:46:27 pm
      They are f**king sh*te, too. Their midfield is awful. Ours dominating theirs says nothing.

Well it does say something about your previous post -

If those players turned out with performances like that for a team that is hoping to make top four or better, they wouldn't be playing much first team football. That's the yard stick i'm going with.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #833: Jan 18, 2016 04:52:41 pm
      I have been saying this for 2 years and you are spot on. I have even had to leave the LFC subreddit because the idiots on there can't seem to grasp the fact that if you buy average players you become an average team. When you sign players from Southampton, Villa and so on its not a surprise when you end up mid table. Its where you are going to end up because you've signed mid table players. Signing players from lower teams works when your team has class in it and you can get them to slot in and up their game but when your team has no stand out players anymore to raise their levels, then the averageness shines through.

Name your all-time Liverpool 11 and the teams we signed them from.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #834: Jan 18, 2016 05:02:13 pm

;D
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #835: Jan 18, 2016 05:13:03 pm

In fairness, times have changed a bit.
      One thing is the big clubs hoover up the best talent at a very young age, making what you mentioned (that happened in the past) less likely now.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #836: Jan 18, 2016 05:13:11 pm
      Can't agree mate, he literally throws himself backwards rather than stand up to the ball, if he'd of stayed up he may of took one in the face but I'd rather that than what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR1mRBjsV9E

Kind of agree with you to a point, but the fact still remains that if the defenders done their job properly, Migs doesn't have a save to make.
      It's all if's and buts and if farts were lumpy etc etc.
      Bottom line, we are not good enough at the moment, and we can't let past history make us feel that we are still one of the top teams in the country, because at the moment we are not. And that hurts this Red more than anything.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #837: Jan 18, 2016 05:18:26 pm
      but the fact still remains that if the defenders done their job properly, Migs doesn't have a save to make.

Well if the defenders do their job properly, you wouldn't need a keeper at all.

That's why they are called "saves" and why a keeper is needed to make them. ;)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #838: Jan 18, 2016 05:23:35 pm
      Well if the defenders do their job properly, you wouldn't need a keeper at all.

That's why they are called "saves" and why a keeper is needed to make them. ;)

Don't be a knob fella, obviously you will need a keeper. All I was trying to say was that Rooney should never have got to the ball.
      Migs has taken a lot of stick lately, and rightly so but dont think you can lay all the blame on him for the goal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #839: Jan 18, 2016 05:29:48 pm

Don't be a knob fella, obviously you will need a keeper. All I was trying to say was that Rooney should never have got to the ball.
      Migs has taken a lot of stick lately, and rightly so but dont think you can lay all the blame on him for the goal.

Well you can almost always absolve a keeper of wrongdoing by laying it on the feet of the defense, that's my point. It's the whole chicken and the egg thing.

Migs should have made a better attempt at the ball, don't think there's any way to refute that. And without going back and looking at it again...I'm starting to wonder if he shouldn't have come out to claim the cross to start with...but maybe it was too far out, can't quite remember.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #840: Jan 18, 2016 07:14:47 pm
      Well you can almost always absolve a keeper of wrongdoing by laying it on the feet of the defense, that's my point. It's the whole chicken and the egg thing.

Migs should have made a better attempt at the ball, don't think there's any way to refute that. And without going back and looking at it again...I'm starting to wonder if he shouldn't have come out to claim the cross to start with...but maybe it was too far out, can't quite remember.

Agree on that, guess we are all pissed off with the result and how we are at the moment.
      Lets hope things get better soon but I'm not holding my breath.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #841: Jan 18, 2016 08:14:02 pm
      4 of them went for the same Fellaini ball and he still won the header and 4 of them stood there and watched Rooney smash the ball home. Its comical! Self harm!

They are rubbish and will get CL and strengthen. This was our chance AGAIN! Forget about what may be going forward, we must take our chances now! Firmino, Hendo, Coutinho and Lallana have been such a let down this season. Knew Benteke would be rubbish and he has been more of an impact than the 4 in his few mins. Yes hes like a tree, but hes taken some of the chances that present themselves.

Just so frustrating to think what could be if we got players that played to their potential. Leicester better than us? Are they F**k!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #842: Jan 18, 2016 08:19:11 pm
      Well it does say something about your previous post -

Are you seriously saying United are worthy of being top four? Are they the benchmark you're going to go with?

Be serious.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #843: Jan 18, 2016 09:03:32 pm
      Migs's is recent criticism has been justified but, the Shreck goal? Not his fault at all imo..

Roof of the net from a few yards out..? Come on, this particular goal isn't an example of how pants he's been.

Afroman rose above 3/4 defenders, it was the only F**k up from our well played defenders that game and it cost us..
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #844: Jan 18, 2016 10:22:53 pm
      As always, every defeat or poor performance comes down to:

Lack of a quality and consistent striker
      Lack of a quality and consistent midfield
      Lack of a quality and consistent center back pairing
      Lack of a quality and consistent goal keeper.

We all have known this for years and I have no doubt klopp does as well.

Give the man some time to evaluate the current squad, train what he can,  a summer transfer window, a proper pre season and a then a few months to implement his own team and philosophy.
      Far too many knee jerk reactions at the moment.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #845: Jan 18, 2016 11:17:21 pm
      What's a proper pre-season?

Pre-season next year starts halfway through the Euros. At the end of that, the club is off to long haul far-east outposts for 2 weeks. After the return, transfers go in and out. Then the season starts during the remainder of the transfer window. At the end of that, new arrivals have to get fit again and settle in. That can take weeks, or even months. Then the next transfer window is around the corner, and more changes to the squad. Then the process repeats itself again.

Throw in a failure to make the European Cup or even European competition at all, and it makes it more difficult to get the players we want.

One thing is certain. The run into next season will bring it's own issues, however this one ends.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #846: Jan 19, 2016 12:32:02 am
      Agree on the fact that every year the preseason gets shorter and shorter.
      Cannot be helpful for any club unless you already have an already established and successful team.
      That's why u believe that you can't judge klopp till next Xmas when hopefully he has shaken up the squad to his liking.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,949 posts | 8458 
      Reply #847: Jan 19, 2016 03:09:33 am
      Migs's is recent criticism has been justified but, the Shreck goal? Not his fault at all imo..

Roof of the net from a few yards out..? Come on, this particular goal isn't an example of how pants he's been.

Afroman rose above 3/4 defenders, it was the only F**k up from our well played defenders that game and it cost us..

To be fair watching the goal again on Monday Night Football, whoever should of been watching Rooney let him go, he finds space and game over! Although I'm still fairly worried everytime we concede a corner or free-kick around the box as Mignolet's positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #848: Jan 19, 2016 08:29:52 am
      Quote from tomx
      Don't worry we are after Shane Long!

Definitely a Klopp signing that one, if he gets it over the line. A proven goalscorer at club and international level, perfectly suited to the lone man upfront role that Klopp prefers, and doesn't need time to adjust to the league. Always gives 100% for the cause, and while he's not exactly  Luis Suarez, he chips in with his fair share of goals. Considering our most prolific forward has scored the grand total of 6 so far, that's not difficult for a proven goalscorer to beat.

Wouldn't say no to a loan deal considering how short we are upfront atm, with the option of a permanent move in the summer. If it doesn't work out, fair enough. But it looks atm like it's a "Buy or Goodbye" deal on the table.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #849: Jan 19, 2016 08:36:04 am
      Still angry.

Seeing this makes me even angrier.

Seriously WTF???

Can't talk any more about this match.

Hate those cu*ts! Them and their supporters make me sick.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #850: Jan 19, 2016 09:18:10 am
      Still angry.

Seeing this makes me even angrier.

Seriously WTF???

Can't talk any more about this match.

Hate those cu*ts! Them and their supporters make me sick.

Absolutely spot on with that mate. What chance did Migs stand with that. Shocking defending, almost schoolboy error.
      Migs is a liability and I would like to see a new keeper , but guess his new deal means Jürgen must rate him ?

Quick Reply