Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: West Ham v Liverpool FA Cup 4th Round 9/2/16 19:45

Read 8679 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre Match: West Ham v Liverpool FA Cup 4th Round 9/2/16 19:45
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2016 03:04:02 pm
      We've obviously missed Coutinho and Sturridge tons, but I'm weirdly most excited by Origi getting healthy again.

Same here mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2016 04:06:01 pm
      We've obviously missed Coutinho and Sturridge tons, but I'm weirdly most excited by Origi getting healthy again.

Think a lot of us were shocked at how much he had improved and how quick he is .
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2016 07:00:47 pm
      As usual,watching the match on telly.I won't have a beer till we score.Tea anybody?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2016 07:28:26 pm
      As usual,watching the match on telly.I won't have a beer till we score.Tea anybody?
      I won't be having a drink either mate
      Simply because it's one less thing to launch at the telly,seeing as I've not seen our cat since the Sunderland match.
      Thank F**k for pet insurance.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2016 08:08:13 pm
      West Ham will destroy us. They are very good at home, organised, they have a star player, good midfield, good leaders and pace.

We have Mignolet so if we needed to score 5 against Norwich to win how many against these?

Depressed
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2016 08:11:14 pm
      West Ham will destroy us. They are very good at home, organised, they have a star player, good midfield, good leaders and pace.

We have Mignolet so if we needed to score 5 against Norwich to win how many against these?

Depressed

For F**k sake! 'West Ham will destroy us'. What kind of supporter's disposition is that? Where's your optimism? I don't give a sh*t what form Mignolet and the defence is in - it still doesn't stop many of us (I hope that's MOST OF US) from believing that we can progress tomorrow night.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2016 08:54:39 pm
      For f**k sake! 'West Ham will destroy us'. What kind of supporter's disposition is that? Where's your optimism? I don't give a sh*t what form Mignolet and the defence is in - it still doesn't stop many of us (I hope that's MOST OF US) from believing that we can progress tomorrow night.

As bad as we have been, I always look forward to every game with optimism. Some on here clearly lacking that...

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2016 09:28:42 pm
                Mignolet
      Flanno Toure Caulker Smith
          Lucas Brannigan
       Teixeira Firmino Ibe
                  Benteke

I'd have mixed it up a bit more for the PL match vs Sunderland, then maybe some of the more regular PL starters could line up against WH, but now I can't see it really. Expecting a lot of changes.
      Flanno and Smith aren't a step down on our PL starters imo, so both start. Toure too. Caulker is bit of an unknown, but will prob start.
      Then Lucas back in, with Brannigan in front of the defense.
      Then 4 attack minded guys. Have to start Firmino, our form forward. I wouldn't have Ibe on but think he'll start, Tex I'd have started vs. Sunderland but I guess will start here instead.  And 32mill bucks of striking prowess up front.

Not sure we're favorites to go through here, will need us to step up a level to get by these at home. Could be doing with staying in this Cup, but am more hopeful than expectant. Maybe thats the best way to be :)
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2016 09:30:12 pm
                Mignolet
      Flanno Toure Caulker Smith
          Lucas Brannigan
       Teixeira Firmino Ibe
                  Benteke

I'd have mixed it up a bit more for the PL match vs Sunderland, then maybe some of the more regular PL starters could line up against WH, but now I can't see it really. Expecting a lot of changes.
      Flanno and Smith aren't a step down on our PL starters imo, so both start. Toure too. Caulker is bit of an unknown, but will prob start.
      Then Lucas back in, with Brannigan in front of the defense.
      Then 4 attack minded guys. Have to start Firmino, our form forward. I wouldn't have Ibe on but think he'll start, Tex I'd have started vs. Sunderland but I guess will start here instead.  And 32mill bucks of striking prowess up front.

Not sure we're favorites to go through here, will need us to step up a level to get by these at home. Could be doing with staying in this Cup, but am more hopeful than expectant. Maybe thats the best way to be :)
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been persuaded that Ward should play but if Couthino,Sturridge and Flanno are available I think he will put out a big side this is a very important game for us
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2016 09:37:08 pm
      Strongest possible team for me , the cups are our way to any success this season , put our strongest out and just pray our defence has an off day and actually does what it's supposed to , come on you reds.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2016 09:38:31 pm
      I have been persuaded that Ward should play but if Couthino,Sturridge and Flanno are available I think he will put out a big side this is a very important game for us

Haven't seen much of Ward, so can't really comment on him. Flanno I'd deffo put in. Studge and Cou, would love to see them back, but might be a bit soon for them?

It IS a big match, but still.. not sure I can see Jürgen straying too much from who he's been playing in recent rounds of the Cup.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2016 11:08:29 pm
      Ward - Flano, Toure, Caulker, Smith - Stewart, Lucas - Ibe, Coutinho, Teixeira - Benteke

subs: Mig, Ilori, Jones, Can, Chirivela, Ojo, Origi, Sturridge
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #35: Feb 09, 2016 06:30:03 am
      Not too confident about the game tonight, the way the defence is playing. Agree strongest possible side should be picked, if we have any chance of remaining in the completion.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #36: Feb 09, 2016 06:45:15 am
      Not too confident about the game tonight, the way the defence is playing. Agree strongest possible side should be picked, if we have any chance of remaining in the completion.

We've got some actual firepower available at least, even if he goes weak (which he will). I hope we get to see Origi and Sturridge link up, but I have a feeling we'll see two of Coutinho/Origi/Sturridge on the bench with one starting.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Feb 09, 2016 08:16:38 am
      Hopefully Sturridge will be back for this one.

Ward

Clyne         Toure          Lovren          Moreno

Milner    Henderson      Lallana/Coutinho

Firmino

Benteke          Sturridge         

2-0 Benteke with both goals
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #38: Feb 09, 2016 08:47:50 am
      Oh i think that this will be a good game,and its gonna be hard as hell.
      I am hoping for a win here at Upton Park,i will get really fu**ed up if we lose this one,i love FA Cup and it would be a real shame if we fall out of the competition so early.
      Hope to see Coutinho and Sturridge back on the pitch.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39: Feb 09, 2016 09:52:36 am
      4-4-2

Get Sturridge up top with Benteke for 20 mins before he goes off injured and hopefully he can bag a few goals.

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #40: Feb 09, 2016 10:21:22 am
      Surely we must play our strongest team? I don't know what that is, nor would I particularly fancy us even if we did, but should we win we have a very winnable tie in the next round. Win that and we're in the quarters, by then we might be playing well. We're hardly likely to achieve much in the league, so my feeling is we ought to go absolutely all out in the cups.

This
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Feb 09, 2016 10:47:00 am
      4-4-2

Get Sturridge up top with Benteke for 20 mins before he goes off injured and hopefully he can bag a few goals.

I hoep Jürgen listens mate. I'd love to see 2 up top. Can't remember the last time we played that formation.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Feb 09, 2016 11:07:55 am
      Boss reveals plans for Daniel, Divock and Phil at West Ham

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Philippe Coutinho, Divock Origi and Daniel Sturridge should feature at West Ham United – but a plan will have to be formulated for the amount of time they each play.

The attacking trio made a welcome return to training at Melwood last week with a view to being involved in the FA Cup fourth-round replay on Tuesday evening.

Sturridge was in fact named among the substitutes for the Barclays Premier League draw with Sunderland at the weekend, though two first-half injuries meant the No.15 was not brought on later in the game.

Their preparations remain on course for the meeting with the Hammers, the manager explained at his pre-match press conference, though a decision must be made on which of the three – if any – play from the start.

Klopp said: “We haven’t decided about the starting line-up. We now have a very important session.

“[Sturridge] was fit enough to be on the bench. He was impressive in the last session on Friday night, so we thought ‘come on, if there’s a chance for 10 or 15 minutes, we should try it’.

“We spoke to him and he said he would like to. But then the game had a different story and there was no possibility with the two early changes.

“Divock and Phil will be in training today too and are in the squad, hopefully, for tomorrow.

“It’s a little bit complicated because extra-time is possible. We have to look at who will start – they can’t all start together, that’s not possible because we know we would have to change three times because the whole game would be too much in this moment.

“So we have to figure out how we do it best but we will find a solution, for sure.”

In the initial clash with West Ham at Anfield, Klopp opted for a blend of youth and experience and was rewarded with a performance that many felt deserved more than a goalless draw.

A similar side is likely to be selected to face Slaven Bilic’s team in the replay, though the boss has more options to choose from this time and reiterated his commitment to progressing in the competition.

He said: “It is always about who is available. A lot of players are off today but we will have 20 players in training.

“In this moment we have 38 players in our squad, with all the young lads involved and we always train with them and the rest can rest. That’s what we are always doing.

“Today a few players are off and tomorrow we will make a squad for the game. But it’s not like Exeter because a lot of players are now available and it’s good for them to play. So I think we will have a different line-up.”

Klopp added: “We will make decisions for this situation. A few of the young players are not available.

“I’m sorry for Cameron Brannagan, he is ill. That’s a shame for him because he played really well [in the first match against West Ham]. The other players did a really good job.

“The full-backs will be similar, one of the other midfield positions will be similar, but then we can fill up with players who you usually would expect in the FA Cup.

“We try to find the best solution for our situation; we don’t think too much about the competitions because it doesn’t make a difference.

“We can’t say ‘this game is not too important’ – each game is very important for us. We will try to find a line-up to beat West Ham at West Ham, and that’s not too easy.

“But the last game against West Ham was a good game for us and we saw what we are able to do. We should do it again or better and then we have a chance.”
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: Feb 09, 2016 11:51:40 am
      Just having Daniel on the pitch is going to make their defence move back a yard or two. Can't wait to see what team starts we actually have options tonight.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #44: Feb 09, 2016 12:02:44 pm
      Just having Daniel on the pitch is going to make their defence move back a yard or two. Can't wait to see what team starts we actually have options tonight.

Jürgen will be at the helm after signing himself out of hospital, Philippe Coutinho, Divock Origi and Daniel Sturridge are all in contention after returning from injury.
      Hopefully a different ball-game this time around.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2016 12:18:54 pm
      God helps us for this :( ... 

Quick Reply