Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Season #1: Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Liverpool

Read 15397 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Pre Season #1: Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Liverpool
      Jul 05, 2016 01:39:40 pm
      First friendly of the season.

There will be no Euro 2016 or Copa America 2016 lads involved but hopefully, as I'm taking my lad, there will be a few good names getting a run out.

I'd like:

Karius

Flanno
      Lovren
      Matip
      Gomez

Lucas
      Grujic

Mane
      Firmino
      Markovic

Ings

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016 09:07:45 pm by JD »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre Season Friendly - Tranmere Rovers v Liverpool (Friday 08/07/16 KO 7PM)
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2016 01:44:29 pm
      WOOHOO!!!!  Footy's back  ;D

Can't F***ing wait to see how we're shaping up and so looking forward to having a solid defense and keeper for a change  :D

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2016 04:01:01 pm
      I am kind of wondering if he will keep the first choice players out of this one since its Tranmere. We've still got a big enough squad and with Academy players in training this week, he might wait for the 13th before he uses any of the ones we are most eager to see.

Let's see - for Friday you could go with:
      1st half
      Fulton, Randall, Smith, Lucas, Ilori, Stewart, Chirivella, Brannagan, Ibe, Markovic, Ings
      2nd Half
      Bogdan, Wisdom, Masterson, Maguire, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria, Allan, Alberto, Kent, Balotelli.

Edit: forgot Ojo is away on youth international duty.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2016 04:06:12 pm
      You know the Copa America and the Euro's haven't affected us as much as I thought. We've got a good group to start off with pre season. It's a long pre season with many many matches but with Jürgen now in charge with a new fitness regime in place I am so confident that we will go into the season in better shape than ever! In many ways the next 6 weeks or so are the most important of the year!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2016 04:07:18 pm
      I can see it being a decent team that gets put out when you look at the players who have been training in the past few days. One player in particular I'm looking forward to watching is Allan. Heard loads of good things about him in training and how Klopp was really impressed with him so can't wait to see what he offers.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2016 04:42:17 pm
      I can see it being a decent team that gets put out when you look at the players who have been training in the past few days. One player in particular I'm looking forward to watching is Allan. Heard loads of good things about him in training and how Klopp was really impressed with him so can't wait to see what he offers.

Ditto. Also hoping he makes the trip to America so I can see him in person. I guess he is a lock to be loaned somewhere (was it France) but maybe he can stay with LFC for another month or so.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2016 05:15:08 pm
      You know the Copa America and the Euro's haven't affected us as much as I thought. We've got a good group to start off with pre season.

True.

Copa America was over a while ago, certainly for Coutinho.  And thankfully Roy was in charge at England so that's that all boxed off.  Emre Can (and if he comes back Joe Allen) are the only ones delayed and with a change of swerving the America trip.

Looking forward to this game but as history so often shows us - the results in either direction have absolutely no impact on the results in the next season!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2016 05:21:11 pm
      FINALLY.

Footy to talk about. I'll probably have to catch the replay on LFC.tv but it's good to have it back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2016 05:21:18 pm
      Will this be shown anywhere on Lfc TV?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2016 05:29:43 pm
      Will this be shown anywhere on Lfc TV?

Every pre season game is being shown mate  :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2016 05:33:38 pm
      I am kind of wondering if he will keep the first choice players out of this one since its Tranmere. We've still got a big enough squad and with Academy players in training this week, he might wait for the 13th before he uses any of the ones we are most eager to see.

Let's see - for Friday you could go with:
      1st half
      Fulton, Randall, Smith, Lucas, Ilori, Stewart, Chirivella, Brannagan, Ibe, Markovic, Ings
      2nd Half
      Bogdan, Wisdom, Masterson, Maguire, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria, Allan, Alberto, Kent, Balotelli.

Edit: forgot Ojo is away on youth international duty.

I think it'll be a mixture of seniors and youth mate.  These games are for fitness levels and as a training match so Jürgen will want to see as many play as possible.  It'll probably be a completely different 11 starting each half.

The results are irrelevant at this stage too.

Has anyone noticed the new butched up Firmino in the training pics?  He looks huge and he's sporting a man bun!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2016 05:33:53 pm
      Every pre season game is being shown mate  :gt-happyup:

Cool cheers for that.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2016 05:54:39 pm
      I think it'll be a mixture of seniors and youth mate.  These games are for fitness levels and as a training match so Jürgen will want to see as many play as possible.  It'll probably be a completely different 11 starting each half.

Has anyone noticed the new butched up Firmino in the training pics?  He looks huge and he's sporting a man bun!!

No doubt about the results not mattering, but watch how if we draw or lose to, say, Fleetwood, some people start screaming bloody murder on here.  ;D

(same goes for if, say, Balotelli scores a goal, won't THAT make the online debate fun?

Re Firminho, the pic I saw made me think he had indulged in a kebab or two during his holiday. I hope you are right that it's muscle rather than fat.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Jul 06, 2016 01:57:50 am

In that case, what about:
      1st Half
      Bogdan, Flanagan, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Lucas, Grujic, Firminho, Mane, Ings, Ibe
      2nd Half
      Fulton, Randall, Sakho, Gomez, Smith, Stewart, Brannagan, Alberto, Markovic, Allan, Balotelli

p.s. I signed up for LFC TV today, so be sure to claim your commission from the club!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jul 06, 2016 08:20:45 am

Haven't noticed Debs but won't that man bun make him unbalanced.... I'm concerned.... Perhaps he likes the Bale look..... sh*t.. Even more concerned?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jul 06, 2016 08:43:34 am
      In that case, what about:
      1st Half
      Bogdan, Flanagan, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Lucas, Grujic, Firminho, Mane, Ings, Ibe
      2nd Half
      Fulton, Randall, Sakho, Gomez, Smith, Stewart, Brannagan, Alberto, Markovic, Allan, Balotelli

p.s. I signed up for LFC TV today, so be sure to claim your commission from the club!

I think we'll see Karius starting, Bogdan is on his way out and Fulton isn't training with the seniors.  Not sure we'll see Balo play either mate but the rest will more than likely play a part.

Be nice to see some of the younger lads you've been brought up from the Academy, like Kent, Ejaria and Allan.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jul 06, 2016 08:45:23 am
      Haven't noticed Debs but won't that man bun make him unbalanced.... I'm concerned.... Perhaps he likes the Bale look..... sh*t.. Even more concerned?

YNWA

Not sure it'll effect his balance mate, it's only hair.  I'd rather see it out of his way than flopping all over his face and interfering with his sight lines and vision.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #17: Jul 06, 2016 11:39:22 am
      Karius

Flanagan Lovren Matip Moreno
      Lucas Grujic
      Markovic Firmino Ibe
      Ings

3-0 Reds
      Lfc93
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 07, 2016 02:57:27 am
      Does anyone know how I can watch the game in Australia? Thanks.  :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #19: Jul 08, 2016 02:26:54 am
      A dude on RAWK says this is live on NESN,can't see it listed on their website or direct tv mind.Hopefully it'll be on replay saturday afternoon for some pub viewing for me,gotta be better than the USA women's team friendly that's on at 1.30,yawn.Lets batter these wooly bastids! :drinking:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Jul 08, 2016 08:36:39 am

I think they have had electricity in Oz for a few years now mate , gone are the days where cons used to rub their ankle chains together to keep warm, in fact some Scottish bloke called Baird discovered a new phenomenon called television, TV for short, it's basically a square box where images elude from, they come in different formats like flat screen or wide, and even curved, if you haven't got one you might have to go to your local watering hole, it's called a pub.........

Enjoy the game mate   ;D

YNWA
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Jul 08, 2016 10:28:49 am

I am sure there will be some stream links available in the stream thread.
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #22: Jul 08, 2016 12:03:17 pm

Quick Reply