Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Live training on LFC TV: Who called the shots?

Read 2648 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Live training on LFC TV: Who called the shots?
      Jul 24, 2016 01:35:18 am
      so I'm geeky enough to have looked forward to and tuned in to LFC TV showing the team training live in California Saturday evening.

As it turns out, what we got to see was Gary and Claire talking about training,while it went on in the distant background, with periodic breaks to show video clips already available on LFC TV and a commercial for other LFC TV programming.

I realize training is not always the most exciting thing in the world to watch, but if you are going to advertise you will show training, then show the flippin' training. You had a few closeups of   players doing a box game or whatever,  and it did confirm that Georginio has arrived and was training, but it was just a bit frustrating to basically try to look around these two as they yammered on.

When they zoomed in on Sturridge it did look as if he was arguing with Lovren about something (maybe a challenge) and his body language was not of the "I forgive you Dej" type. I know these things happen all the time with a group of competitive personalities. The other thing you could really tell is how much fun Klopp makes training, even as the players seriously work.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live training on LFC TV: Who called the shots?
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2016 03:37:22 am
      I guess this is my own private moan thread, but once again they are showing training "live" but only showing it peripherally, instead showing LFC media staff talking with Robbie and Gary. The comm even said "hopefully later we'll show a training game" - welll there's a game on i the background now but they aren't showing it.

Starting to think the club have specified not to show the training up close,like they don't want to give some secret away.  :roll:

You can even hear fans oohing and aahing about something going on, but all we see is Gary McAllister talking.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2016 11:21:38 am
      Not seen any footage of training and by the sounds of it I'm not missing anything, I probably won't be hurrying to watch future sessions either, in fact I'm getting a bit pissed off with lfctv truth be told,

Too many repeated shows shown far too often, more so since subscription started, I've just signed up to BT so I'll be ditching sky altogether but will have the option to stream matches, don't think I'll miss lfctv tbh.

Edit ;  I've been thinking about getting one of those magic TV boxes like wizard, but I've been told a Amazon fire stick is better,

So geeks, which is best, I would appreciate any advice given,  and I thank you in advance.

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2016 12:36:43 pm
      Not seen any footage of training and by the sounds of it I'm not missing anything, I probably won't be hurrying to watch future sessions either, in fact I'm getting a bit pissed off with lfctv truth be told,

Too many repeated shows shown far too often, more so since subscription started, I've just signed up to BT so I'll be ditching sky altogether but will have the option to stream matches, don't think I'll miss lfctv tbh.

Edit ;  I've been thinking about getting one of those magic TV boxes like wizard, but I've been told a Amazon fire stick is better,

So geeks, which is best, I would appreciate any advice given,  and I thank you in advance.

YNWA

The only thing that's good about LFC TV is that they show replays of the first team matches and quite a few academy games. The rest of it is sh*t. I watched one of the training sessions last week and as has been previously said, it was basically just Fowler and some other guy talking absolute nonsense for half an hour.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2016 04:09:58 pm
      The only thing that's good about LFC TV is that they show replays of the first team matches and quite a few academy games. The rest of it is sh*t. I watched one of the training sessions last week and as has been previously said, it was basically just Fowler and some other guy talking absolute nonsense for half an hour.

To be fair a couple of the documentary's they've done were quite good especially about the European and Fa Cup wins, plus the Hillsborough stuff has always been quite powerful. As far the footy coverage goes always enjoyed the goals throughout the season packages they have on, but couldn't be arsed paying the £7 and as if I would be arsed to watch any of this training bollocks.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2016 05:15:55 pm

YNWA

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48947.0.html

;)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2016 07:23:33 pm
      Was just watching parts of the open training where we were working on set pieces and quick counter attacks following the set piece. Interesting that they are simulating almost the exact same situation in which we conceded a goal against Chelsea. Terry and Cahill both started at the penalty spot with Cahill going towards the first post and Terry the second. In this case it's Benteke and Origi, who under instructions of Buvac and Klopp are doing almost the exact same. It's good to see we're working on it and combining it with fast transition play.

We're still using that zonal marking system. Not a big fan of that myself, certainly not against big opposition players like Cahill and Terry, they will always have an advantage as opposed to players standing still and having to win the duel.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2016 08:40:06 pm

Quick Reply