Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 8429 times
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)
      Aug 26, 2016 10:16:55 pm
      https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/769278281673740293

Not sure if the Times is a reasonable source to start a topic. But this kid is pretty good, watched him a few times and been impressed every one. And there are a lot of American fans who are keen on tracking him. Would be a solid signing, but not sure we need more competition in that area of the pitch relative to our other weaker areas.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2016 11:32:08 pm
      Young lad. Even if true, is he someone for this season?
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2016 11:32:54 pm
      Obviously biased as an American.... please happen!

Gotta think the owners would be quick to pull the trigger on this one. AR^ is right the American soccer community is following his every move.

He's a very bright prospect. Dortmund signed him after he put Brazil to the sword in a youth international exhibition a few years back. Can play in any of the front three positions across the 4231. His movement is excellent,very clever player and he's very good technically. Not the strongest or fastest kid but still tough to knock off the ball. I believe he has some decent historically significant marks from his playing time at the end of last season (a period which saw him start the rivalry game vs. Schalke): 3rd youngest scorer in Bundesliga history, youngest non-German scorer, and youngest ever player to have two goals to his name.

BVB sold Mkhi but then they brought in 4 attacking players, and it sounds like Pulisic isn't happy about that and turned down a new contract offer last week. Not sure how he would feel about trading Dortmund's bench for ours though?

He's going to be a top player. I agree that the position is the one we need least but he's going to be very good and of course selfishly I'd love to have the best American prospect in some time at the club
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #3: Aug 26, 2016 11:34:06 pm
      We're done for this window, and have been for a while.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2016 11:59:18 pm
      This would be a great signing for us. Yes I'm biased, but this kid has only scratched the surface of how good he's going to be and he's already been good enough to feature for Dortmund quite often. Believe he's very position flexible as well. If I'm not mistaken he's as a fullback  and as a midfielder/winger. He would provide us cover in a few positions and while not a guaranteed starter, he'd be one that might see some time this year but definitely feature in the future.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2016 12:42:16 am
      There's no chance Dortmund sell for that price. Why more attacking players anyway? How many attacking midfielders can we possibly field at any one time? Considering our defence is still a bag of sh*t you'd have thought we'd be improving in that area.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2016 02:26:15 am
      There's no chance Dortmund sell for that price. Why more attacking players anyway? How many attacking midfielders can we possibly field at any one time? Considering our defence is still a bag of sh*t you'd have thought we'd be improving in that area.

Doesn't add up does it? Only way I can think of is that rumors were flying about him exiting Dortmund recently, so maybe the club offered him up to us/others for a price around there and we just couldn't resist lodging an offer?

I mean to be honest for £11m, if he had any influence on our first XI whatsoever, he'd probably make up a good amount/maybe all of that fee within a year through his kit sales in the American market alone.

Like you said though I can't understand why we'd suddenly wake back up in the market without addressing those serious issues.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2016 02:38:00 am
      He credits Klopp with having a massive impact on his career and did look a good player against us last season in the first leg of our Europa tie.

So if we're after him and put a bid in that would probably make us strong faves to land him. Stoke have also supposed to have put a bid in around £12 million.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2016 08:17:56 am

Because we can.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2016 09:15:44 am
      I find it rather demeaning that The Star (yeah, I know) say that we have to "battle it out with Stoke" for his signature.

Seriously??

Is there really any competition? I know recent seasons haven't been ideal but we're still way above Stoke in global perception.

Stupid journos.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2016 09:51:51 am
      Dortmund would be insane to sell hin
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2016 10:45:50 am
      This would be a great signing for us. Yes I'm biased,
      Yes you are bias FL'

This would be a great signing for us. Yes I'm biased, but this kid has only scratched the surface of how good he's going to be and he's already been good enough to feature for Dortmund quite often. Believe he's very position flexible as well. If I'm not mistaken he's as a fullback  and as a midfielder/winger. He would provide us cover in a few positions and while not a guaranteed starter, he'd be one that might see some time this year but definitely feature in the future.

You are bias, BUT... I would have to agree with everything you wrote
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2016 10:58:40 am
      Regardless of whether Dortmund would see him to us in this window, I like the fact that LFC have publicly shown interest in this player... I lets Pulisic know that he is on our radar
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2016 11:07:25 am
      If/when we do buy him he's not necessarily for this season, maybe Klopp is thinking longterm had bringing in who he feels will be good for us for the seasons ahead,

Imagine if Stoke landed him and he went on to become a worldy we'd be kicking ourselves for not trying hard enough to get him,

If Jürgen wants him then that's absolutely fine by me, maybe he's another piece of Jürgen's jigsaw longterm.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2016 11:11:12 am
      Young lad. Even if true, is he someone for this season?

At 17 years old no chance, another prospect with great potential.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Aug 27, 2016 11:11:52 am
      Regardless of whether Dortmund would see him to us in this window, I like the fact that LFC have publicly shown interest in this player... I lets Pulisic know that he is on our radar

Letting Pulisic know that we're interested means nothing though if his current club don't want to sell.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Aug 27, 2016 03:03:31 pm
      At 17 years old no chance, another prospect with great potential.

Have you actually watched him play?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #17: Aug 27, 2016 03:06:21 pm
      Good player, adds width, and probably worth the investment. I doubt Dortmund would sell at that price, though. He's good, but he doesn't have much experience, so I can foresee Dortmund sending him on loan rather than outright selling him. They know what they've got in Pulisic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #18: Aug 27, 2016 04:10:55 pm
      Have you actually watched him play?

Indeed which is why I posted he was another prospect with great potential. There isn't a manager in the Prem who wouldn't have reservations about fielding a 17 year old in that league for a host of reasons, not least of all for the lad's long term career prospects and protecting the same.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #19: Aug 27, 2016 04:22:09 pm
      Good player, adds width, and probably worth the investment. I doubt Dortmund would sell at that price, though. He's good, but he doesn't have much experience, so I can foresee Dortmund sending him on loan rather than outright selling him. They know what they've got in Pulisic.

BD won't entertain any enquiries for the player but the arrival of Mario Gotze means Pulisic's opportunities are bound to be limited.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Aug 27, 2016 07:03:33 pm
      Hoping he's a winger that is a brilliant left back in disguise.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21: Aug 27, 2016 07:36:33 pm
      Indeed which is why I posted he was another prospect with great potential. There isn't a manager in the Prem who wouldn't have reservations about fielding a 17 year old in that league for a host of reasons, not least of all for the lad's long term career prospects and protecting the same.
      That's funny because he was good enough to feature for Dortmund several times.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #22: Aug 27, 2016 09:50:20 pm
      That's funny because he was good enough to feature for Dortmund several times.

Nobody said he wasn't ''good''.

Quick Reply