Trending Topics

If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?

Read 8613 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?
      Sep 25, 2016 06:41:46 pm
      It's been a bit of a rumour for a while.  Express, Mirror etc have carried the story today that basically 'according to sources' Bayern would want Klopp to replace Ancelotti when he leaves them.

I'm sure a large percentage of the world's football clubs would want Klopp as their next manager so whether it's true or not, and there probably is truth in it - I'm more interested in whether you think that he would go?

He's won the Bundesliga - surely the challenge of winning in another country is a big motivation for him.

But then Munich are the biggest side from his homeland so there is that.

But he also was manager of Dortmund and has already made reference to Munich getting beat and smiling last season.  Doesn't seem a huge love affair there?

If we have a complete nightmare of a season or even do something unexpected like win the title - what happens then if Bayern come knocking?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?
      Reply #1: Sep 25, 2016 06:44:39 pm
      Personally don't think he would go. He loves Dortmund so can't see him going to their rivals. I remember him doing a post match interview for us and finding out that Bayern lost to Mainz and laughing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM7SnxFMUG4
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2016 06:44:43 pm
      If we have a complete nightmare of a season or even do something unexpected like win the title - what happens then if Bayern come knocking?

I don't think he would, he wants to build legacies not continue others.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2016 06:46:51 pm
      Honestly I don't think he would go, because he doesn't strike me as a manager to go to one of the 'super-clubs' where success is guaranteed.

He could have waited around and any of the top clubs would have come in for him, the only possible exception being city as they had Guardiola tied up and yet he came to us despite the fact there was a challenge there. Think he needs to 'feel' the club he works for and those super-clubs are completely soulless.

Doesn't surprise me that there is interest there though, until we are re-established at the top we are going to have to face these problems with players and managers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2016 06:47:45 pm
      You can never say never but I think he's very happy here and see him with us for a while yet.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5: Sep 25, 2016 06:52:08 pm
      They say 'never say never' but on this occasion I'll say it ;D

Don't think the Boss would go, he was more pissed of with Bayern to be honest as they kept nicking his star players...he has plenty of respect though for the club,supporters of Bayern.

Klopp has slowly ingrained himself into our way of life (LFC) & I see him going down as one of our great managers....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Sep 25, 2016 06:57:08 pm
      I cannot envisage any other situation other than that he firmly rejects them. For me Klopp's greatest personal asset is his realisation and ability to relativise and put into perspective his own life and achievements in comparison to not just the footballing world but the wider world in general. That's not to say he's satisfied with his life and his career achievements but that he also recognises genuine human achievement from superficial 'achievement'.

I think his central aim in football is to not just improve himself but improve the lives and success of everyone else around him. He attaches himself to his coaching team, his players and the supporters because he's obsessed in delivering the best for them as much as himself. To me that means that he entrenches himself too deeply to accept an arrogant call from one of football's corporate giants. He is not some ego centric narcissist who's only interest is to obtain achievements for himself and himself only. If he was that he'd have joined Chelsea, Real Madrid and/or Man Utd long by now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2016 07:07:16 pm
      I dont think he would. I think he likes projects. He won't be here forever though. Like at Dortmund when he felt he was going over old ground, he moved on.

I reckon he could well see a chance to take one of the Milan clubs back to the top in say 3 or 4 seasons time as a good project to take on.

He wont leave us in the sh*t for a bigger pay day, but he will take us as far as he thinks he can then move on again I believe.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Sep 25, 2016 07:13:29 pm
      I think he's here for the long term and wants to build something special.

Let's be honest, here. He did a remarkable job at Dortmund and will go down as a legend there, but if he did it here he would be talked about for eternity. The man who woke Liverpool Football Club up. Can't get that at Bayern. He'd just be another name on the list.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2016 08:08:32 pm
      I had heard that he was holding out for the Bayern job when he took his sabbatical. However when Pep kept delaying his decision he got fed up.waiting and got his agent to contact LFC. Rogers was gone days later.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2016 08:19:27 pm
      If Bayern come calling, in all likelihood he would go. Pretty much every German does. Many say they "hate" Bayern in public, until Bayern turn up on their doorstep and their principles suddenly go out the window.

He was waiting for Bayern last year while the club made up his mind about keeping Guardiola or not, but the more successful he is here, the greater the chance Bayern (or other clubs) will come around for him again.

Bayern are one of the best run clubs in the world, by footballers who know the game inside out, and have made the club a highly profitable one. Not everybody who goes there succeeds, but everything is provided for them to do so. That is a very attractive environment for players and coaches, and when they get the chance, very few say no.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2016 08:25:51 pm
      Considering Klopp has bought over some of the Bayern backroom staff I dont think anytime soon he is likely to go back to Germany...
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2016 08:38:16 pm
      If Bayern come calling, in all likelihood he would go. Pretty much every German does. Many say they "hate" Bayern in public, until Bayern turn up on their doorstep and their principles suddenly go out the window.

He was waiting for Bayern last year while the club made up his mind about keeping Guardiola or not, but the more successful he is here, the greater the chance Bayern (or other clubs) will come around for him again.

Bayern are one of the best run clubs in the world, by footballers who know the game inside out, and have made the club a highly profitable one. Not everybody who goes there succeeds, but everything is provided for them to do so. That is a very attractive environment for players and coaches, and when they get the chance, very few say no.

Bayern are the only club I could stomach the boss leaving us for. Anyone else would be difficult to take. I'd love it if he turned them down like Rafa did when Real Madrid first came calling.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #13: Sep 25, 2016 09:07:17 pm
      Considering Klopp has bought over some of the Bayern backroom staff I dont think anytime soon he is likely to go back to Germany...

Surely that 'increases the likelihood' if he has surrounded himself with a team of coaches etc who have connections with Bayern.

You haven't eased my concerns there with that one!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #14: Sep 25, 2016 09:18:57 pm
      Load a sh*te!
      Press have got F**k all better to do.

Klopp HATES Bayern Munich anyway... any opportunity he gets on camera and he looks straight down the lens and laughs at them..

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2016 09:23:35 pm
      Load a Sh*te!
      Press have got f**k all better to do.

Klopp HATES Bayern Munich anyway... any opportunity he gets on camera and he looks straight down the lens and laughs at them..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Vlo6_bxbk
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2016 09:24:24 pm
      I'm sure they will come for him when Ancelotti leaves. Managers at Bayern usually operate in 2-3 year cycles so it's a while away. Suppose when the time comes it'll depend on how we're doing, how he's been backed etc etc as to what his decision is.
      We had this worry with Rafa for years and it never happened. I'm not going to worry, I'm just enjoying him being our manager
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Sep 25, 2016 10:05:27 pm
      Hey Bayern GO F**k YOURSELVES.

You can have him.....................

in 25 F***ing years!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Sep 25, 2016 10:12:54 pm
      NO.

He has always had an admiration for Liverpool. There were many connections between Borussia and us.

He is up against the best managers in the world (with just a few exceptions) in the toughest league.

Thats where he makes statement. That where he succeeds.

Anything else would be a cop out .... and that is not Jürgen.

I had heard that he was holding out for the Bayern job when he took his sabbatical. However when Pep kept delaying his decision he got fed up.waiting and got his agent to contact LFC. Rogers was gone days later.

Klopp was set up to come here earlier than you think.

Who touched the  " This Is Anfield " sign the year before ?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #19: Sep 25, 2016 11:53:28 pm
      I'll think about it If it happens.... Until then he is our (LFC) manager
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #20: Sep 26, 2016 01:22:54 am
      Not for me I think he's proving he is a builder of teams and not a man for buying star names and egos  , if I've been taken I by all the hype and bullshit so be it , but i believe we have been waiting for this time and this guy if I'm wrong I'll fall on my sword  , we will be a European powerhouse under his reign  it just feels right .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #21: Sep 26, 2016 03:02:28 am
      I'd put money on him at Barca before ever going to Bayern.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Sep 26, 2016 03:50:16 am
      I think it is the media just stirring the sh*te,I would not worry unless there was something definite that Bayern really wanted him.Also if they wanted Jürgen they would approach him direct and not through the media.

Quick Reply