Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sturridge vs Firmino

Read 6261 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Sturridge vs Firmino
      Reply #46: Oct 27, 2016 04:28:31 pm
      He's got the Dalglish chant ffs what more do the gobshites on rawk want?

No idea mate.  Do they count chants as songs?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #47: Oct 27, 2016 04:45:46 pm
      I'm Bob's biggest fan but that's a lie. Sturridge is deadly and comfortably one of the best in the league at finishing. Without giving it much thought, i'm struggling to think of someone who is better than him inside the box in the league.

Aguero, Vardy(last season), Kane, Costa spring to mind.  Look I like Sturridge but people on here really do give him a bit to much credit in my opinion. He's a very good striker and I'm gald he's ours but he's not great by any known measure and he's certainly not the best in the league.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #48: Oct 27, 2016 05:59:08 pm
      Without reading all the previous, forgive me if Inadvertently quote anyone.
      Sturridge will be in contention when he ups his workrate/mobility. He just seems to want to do things his way, and that aint gonna get him in contention.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #49: Oct 27, 2016 06:16:37 pm
      He is a different type of player than Firmino...Studge is not lazy but he has a totally different skill set than Bobby...that being said those that cried out for a "Plan B"...well I think its safe to say we have a pretty damn good one if needed.

13/14 our bench was Iago Aspas and Borini...after that it was pretty ugly..hell even with that it was pretty ugly.

Fast forward to this season...Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Can, Lucas, Stewart, Moreno, Migs.

What a wonderful headache for the gaffer to have, and its easy to see now why there was no need to go and pick up a striker in the Summer as we have a player in Ings that was wanted by no less than 9 teams during the transfer window yet he is 3rd choice off the bench here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #50: Oct 27, 2016 07:55:35 pm
      13/14 our bench was Iago Aspas and Borini...after that it was pretty ugly..hell even with that it was pretty ugly.

;D

Sturridge will be in contention when he ups his workrate/mobility.
      He just seems to want to do things his way, and that aint gonna get him in contention.

Its his way or no way .

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #51: Oct 27, 2016 08:57:31 pm
      He has 2 songs apparently mate and both were sung last night.

Did not know that Debs nothing audible ever comes through the telly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Oct 27, 2016 10:17:43 pm
      Did not know that Debs nothing audible ever comes through the telly.

I was surprised to mate as I've never heard any songs or chants for him either.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #53: Oct 28, 2016 12:37:50 am
      I've got a feeling we will see a bit of rotation in the coming weeks with Studge rotating in with the front 3, Can rotating into the midfield, and Moreno rotating in at LB with Milner/Clyne taking turns at RB.  Players need the occasional night off and I think Klopp will start to shuffle the pack a bit, particularly as we approach the busy holiday season.   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Oct 28, 2016 01:41:36 am
      Aguero...Look I like Sturridge but people on here really do give him a bit to much credit in my opinion.

Like you're doing with Aguero? No chance he's a better finisher. Neither is Costa.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #55: Oct 28, 2016 10:13:02 am
      I like Studge but I'd swap him in a heart beat for Aguero or Costa! A lot of people dislike panto villain Costa but I love him and am gutted he didn't sign when we met his release clause a few seasons back. He's a dirty nasty mean b***ard but he's a bloody good player who hates to lose, he'd got right in with a Jugen side imo
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #56: Oct 28, 2016 12:59:02 pm
      I like Studge but I'd swap him in a heart beat for Aguero or Costa! A lot of people dislike panto villain Costa but I love him and am gutted he didn't sign when we met his release clause a few seasons back. He's a dirty nasty mean b***ard but he's a bloody good player who hates to lose, he'd got right in with a Jugen side imo

No doubt Costa is a quality player and a nightmare for defences but he's the type of gobs***e who will get sent off in a cup final after 10mins.

Sturridge any day for me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #57: Oct 28, 2016 01:14:51 pm
      No doubt Costa is a quality player and a nightmare for defences but he's the type of gobs***e who will get sent off in a cup final after 10mins.

Sturridge any day for me.

I know of gobshites who would be offended by your comparison.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #58: Oct 28, 2016 01:21:23 pm

Personally don't like Costa, and not sure he'd be a good fit, but would take Aquero in a heartbeat. Looks like Guardiola's making a bit of a hamish of things with him right now, but even if he left he'd cost a fortune that we wouldn't shell out.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Oct 28, 2016 01:27:45 pm
      The question I have is: why?  Why won't Sturridge press hard and work without the ball?

Not sure. He can obviously work harder, get stuck in a bit more, but it's hasn't been his game to date, and doesn't look like he has the mentality or the real desire to go change it an extent that would satisfy Jürgen. Right now anyway.

And if something did happen to Firmino, I *think* Studge would be next in line, but would anyone really be that surprised if Jürgen turned to Origi instead?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #60: Oct 28, 2016 01:36:39 pm
      Personally don't like Costa, and not sure he'd be a good fit, but would take Aquero in a heartbeat. Looks like Guardiola's making a bit of a hamish of things with him right now, but even if he left he'd cost a fortune that we wouldn't shell out.

Apart from that mate Costa really only ''fits'' into a team of cu*ts such as Chelsea.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #61: Oct 28, 2016 04:55:23 pm
      Danny is the best striker we have but we clearly play a lot better as a team with Firminho, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane up top. Do you preserve the best attacking football we've had since that BR season and risk losing one of the best strikers in the league? Or do you disrupt everything for the sake of accommodating a striker?

I wouldn't change the system personally, I think the challenge is for Danny to adapt to Klopp's style. If he can do that, he'll be absolutely lethal with this set up. If he can't, he needs to be content with the bench more often than not.

The only concern is if he left, we don't have a strong enough bench to cover for injuries to one of those key players mentioned.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #62: Oct 28, 2016 05:40:26 pm
      Apart from that mate Costa really only ''fits'' into a team of cu*ts such as Chelsea.

We were after Costa  when Arsenal made a bid for Suarez in that summer. I do remember alot of our fans wanting him to come to Liverpool.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #63: Oct 28, 2016 05:43:08 pm

We were after Costa  when Arsenal made a bid for Suarez in that summer. I do remember alot of our fans wanting him to come to Liverpool.

I don't.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Oct 28, 2016 06:29:30 pm

Not sure it was that summer, but we even put a bid in for him at one point, that was turned down.
      Not sure if it was the player or the club who said no.

You're right in saying that a lot of fans wanted him to come though.
      He was very highly rated even when he was playing out of position on the wing.

Some are more interested in sour grapes than history though, which is why they try to re-write it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #65: Oct 28, 2016 06:42:09 pm
      Sturridge is our player. Doesn't matter if he is in the first 11 or not, he is class! why do we need a first 11? once we get further in league cup and we have FA cup, we will be rotating players anyway. If we get in CL, he will be getting some good minutes. You guys seem to think that the one game a week football will be hear next season too.. it most likely won't. If we somehow fail to qualify for the champions league another season... it would be a more suitable time to think about making a choice, if we get into CL.. there is no need to.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Oct 29, 2016 07:39:09 pm
      Brilliant day today, but did not even a sub appearance for Danny, Origi coming on instead.

Firmino showing very clearly though why he is first choice right now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #67: Oct 29, 2016 08:07:23 pm
      That finish...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #68: Oct 29, 2016 09:56:45 pm

Not him personally, but a player like Costa. Someone with a ruthless side, a bit dirty and a real grafter. Get Luis back!

Quick Reply