Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. In July 06 we asked if Pennant was a good signing. 90% of you said Yes. So, was Pennant a good signing?

Yes
      (26.2%)
      No
      (73.8%)

Jermaine Pennant (Winger)

Read 41996 times
      Liverpool Rules
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 18 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant (Winger)
      Jul 18, 2006 08:58:11 pm
      I dont want Pennant at Anfield, I dont think hes a good player and there are better right midfileders than him
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2009 12:18:06 pm by JD »
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2006 09:02:32 pm
      if he comes he will be on the bench and maybe get a few games. but i dout he will start that meny
      shieldslfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: Pennant
      Reply #2: Jul 19, 2006 12:12:19 pm
      Quote from: "Liverpool Rules"
      I dont want Pennant at Anfield, I dont think hes a good player and there are better right midfileders than him

Like who would you get for 3m ?  Pennant has always looked good against us, I know Rafa likes him, so I am surprised he hasn't got him yet.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Pennant
      Reply #3: Jul 19, 2006 01:34:18 pm
      I would definately take pennant at 3 mill, have seen him skin riise several times for birmingham and leeds :o
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #4: Jul 19, 2006 01:38:14 pm
      You may have seen him skin riise but at the end of the day he's no good for our reputation the little weasel. :x
      lfc_ash
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2006 03:59:06 pm
      i think rafa has made a 7 million pound bid for him , i think he wants him to transform him into a good and a normal football who dont go drinking all the time
      bennyboy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2006 05:21:51 pm
      Yeah dont think he's good enough for liverpool, Maybe of the bench but not good enough to start , So not worth 6 million -put it towrds a top class right winger or striker
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Pennant
      Reply #7: Jul 25, 2006 12:14:43 pm
      Looks like we will be rapping up the deal for Pennant in the next couple days, not sure what I make of that. Not exactly a big name player that the other top 3 would be bidding for !!??
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Pennant
      Reply #8: Jul 25, 2006 12:43:21 pm
      was he not on loan at birmingham from arsenal?
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2006 12:44:28 pm
      He was there permanently and Arsenal get 25% of whatever Brum sell him for. We've had a 3m bid turned down, according to Steve Bruce.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #10: Jul 25, 2006 01:12:06 pm
      He looks a good player but I am very surprised Rafa has made any bids for him.I thought he would be looking for more of an out and out winger with pace to burn similar to Gonzales.

The deal is not done yet so who knows who we will end up with ;)
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Pennant
      Reply #11: Jul 25, 2006 01:16:39 pm
      me bro lives in birmimngham and has seen pennant a few times. he says he is skillfull; he can beat players;can excite the crowd; but all to often doesn't have an end product.
      albeit, i do think if we get him it may  well turn out to be ok business. i mean, he will be a heck of a lot cheaper than alves(i hope!) and rafa and paco are the kind to develop a players game rather than sit on them and let them do what they like.

for instance, gerrard has always been a special player but it was only after rafa came that he focused his energy more; did the right runs;played the right passes. under houllier he was sometimes accused of running like a headless chicken.

So, if we do get Pennant lets not get too disheartened. he has played in england and under rafa he will get better. plus, he hasn't been playing in the best of teams thus far: Arsenal have never won the Champions league, have they?
      scobob
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #12: Jul 26, 2006 05:21:50 pm
      Jermaine Pennant.

Just the player we need as a right winger but what do all you's think about spendin £5 million on him.

I think it will be a good signing for us.
      Karlos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #13: Jul 26, 2006 05:30:30 pm
      Yeh I agree I think he will be able to play better for us because he will have better players around him so that will give him more confidence .

Another reason I think is because respect to birmingham but I think we will be winning a lot more games then birmingham so his morale will be higher.

Sorry to sound like the expert ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #14: Jul 26, 2006 05:43:17 pm
      He can play in the Premiership.

I don't think he is World class.  But then how much good would £12 million Alves have done?

Let's give the lad a chance if he does pass the medical etc.

Its up to him to make the position his own - he will have plenty of competition and Gonzalez can play there with Kewell on the left.

Time will tell.

If he comes out and says he has always been a Liverpool fan though I may have to shoot myself.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2006 05:49:07 pm
      Everyone is a closet Liverpool fan. Everyone knows that  ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #16: Jul 26, 2006 06:22:19 pm
      Right, that's it - just going to get the bullets....

Interviewer: So you're a Liverpool fan....

Pennant: Yes. My family have always supported Liverpool and I grew up watching videos of them on the television. My grandad and grandma came here in the seventies and I think Liverpool must have caught their eyes. The love of the club has spread through the family ever since.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #17: Jul 26, 2006 06:30:03 pm
      Haha was about to come back an give you the bad news lmao

ah well, he's got good company  8)
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #18: Jul 26, 2006 07:39:27 pm
      pennant is a quality winger, and liverpool are gonna bring the best outta him dis season,

I can't wait to watch him in action.

Come on Pennant!!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #19: Jul 26, 2006 07:40:58 pm
      Quote from: "reu01"
      Come on Pennant!!

Hmm. Not quite that excited about it all.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #20: Jul 26, 2006 07:51:07 pm
      Quote from: "reu01"

Come on Pennant!!

Dont think I fancy that  ;D  I reckon he'll do well tho, think Rafa will straighten the guy up
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #21: Jul 26, 2006 10:32:52 pm
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Jermaine Pennant
      Reply #22: Jul 27, 2006 07:52:08 am
      Some Reds have been saying how can we pay 6.7 m (8m overall) for a ''troublemaker'' when Newcastle have just brought Duff for 5m who is never in any''trouble'' and he has won 2 premiership titles.

Fist of all, i think this whole troublemaker thing is a bit unfair. yes, he was caught driving after being banned for D&D but does this mean he is a ''troublemaker?'' does this mean he will disrupt the team? will he tske em out on the lash? i don;t think so. Collymore was a troublmaker. he talked to the press how allegedly sh*t we were and the facilities we had after only being at the club for 2 months. Anelka, also, never talked to any of the players and so didn't add much to the team at all. Robbie claims that Anelka never passed the ball to him..this is how self centred Nico is. On this basis, i dont think we can call him a trouble maker. Robbie has been in his fair share of problems (white line, hotel bust ups, dockers, Le saux) but he is my all time hero and i personally think that these acts are just part of the profile that makes him great. Pennant may be a DEVIANT but not a TROUBLEMAKER.

11 goals in 147 appearances. bad return? the guys a winger and he has played for sh*te clubs or has only been on loan. he played for arsenal where their dickhead manager wasn't too impressed. how can you impress a manager who only likes players that have Englih as their 2nd language? he had no chance of breaking through into the team. then he went to leeds, blues...he didn;t do bad for these clubs but it was difficult as they were sh*t. he was very promising as ayoung player but if you do not have the right guidance or the right club then you can never really fulfill the Poteential. Rooney was a good player but after going to united(as much as i hate to say it) he has become even a better player. I can say the same for Gerrard, Riise, Fowler, Crouch, Luis Garcia, Kewell. these players hva eblossomed under Rafa compared with Houllier and previous clubs.

next. Duff said he followed his ''heart''. Absolute bollocks mate! the reaon why you left is that you couldn;t cope with the competition and if you came to LFC you would have had to compete with Harry Bhai and Speedy. If not, you would have to play on the right, which i think he would have played if he signed. Pennant on the other hand is a R Mid so that has worked out better. Plus he is a boyhood Reds fan. His hero is John Barnes. He actually reminds me a bit of John B . If he can play anything like him then he will be great. the lads only 23 and he has enough time to become a Liverpool Great. lets hope so.

i was a bit sceptical, at first, with this signing but the more i think about it, the more i believe Rafa has made a decent signing. Lets hope he can learn from the players he will play with and that Rafa can make him a complete player. End product is what is probably needed.

Now all we need is DEFOE. Then, in my view, Chelski are finished and we will again conquer England.

Quick Reply