Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mamadou Sakho - Anywhere but Liverpool FC

Read 23183 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Mamadou Sakho - Anywhere but Liverpool FC
      Reply #92: Jan 31, 2017 11:01:06 pm
      The way Jürgen gets the buy in from his players it goes completely against that so no, what he expects back is the complete opposite to what Mama did

Klavan, Lovren.....  Maldini or Cannavaro... Makes no difference the way we play

Apparently Jürgen told him if he went away and proved himself on loan in terns of attitude and fight then he would have another chance... he turned that down and sealed his own fate

Didn't know Jürgen told him to go and prove himself elsewhere, but I remember McManaman being told he had no future at Madrid, but he vowed to stay and fight fit his place, which he win back and win two champions league medals. I was kind of hoping Sakho could've worked his way back in the Same way. Guess that's the end of his Liverpool career now.
      Kopite78
      Reply #93: Jan 31, 2017 11:02:55 pm
      Didn't know Jürgen told him to go and prove himself elsewhere, but I remember McManaman being told he had no future at Madrid, but he vowed to stay and fight fit his place, which he win back and win two champions league medals. I was kind of hoping Sakho could've worked his way back in the Same way. Guess that's the end of his Liverpool career now.

Completely different situations though
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #94: Jan 31, 2017 11:05:24 pm
      Completely different situations though

Yeah I get that, sad the way its worked out, we've lost a decent defender, and his replacement is an average at best Klavan!
      Kopite78
      Reply #95: Jan 31, 2017 11:12:24 pm
      Yeah I get that, sad the way its worked out, we've lost a decent defender, and his replacement is an average at best Klavan!

The way Klopp works we have to understand though,  he expects full buy in from his players in return for complete loyalty from him if you work for him

Sakho is the only one to blame in this

It's like your Mrs cheating on you,  saying ok let's try again but she teases you about it with smart comments after... Then just acts like a tit after that

You'd be a mug to go back again 3 months later cause you can't get laid
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #96: Jan 31, 2017 11:20:33 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #97: Jan 31, 2017 11:42:47 pm
      We don't know the full story of what happened but this is a player a lot seen as the captain of this club so lets wish him the very best of luck at palace
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #98: Jan 31, 2017 11:46:06 pm
      Playing for Fat Sam.

Thank F**k hes gone .
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #99: Jan 31, 2017 11:49:37 pm
      We don't know the full story of what happened but this is a player a lot seen as the captain of this club so lets wish him the very best of luck at palace

xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: good luck
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #100: Jan 31, 2017 11:50:26 pm
      Great move for Palace. Shame things couldn't be reconciled because I'd like to have seen him alongside Matip at the heart of our defence.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #101: Feb 01, 2017 12:11:59 am
      Great move for Palace. Shame things couldn't be reconciled because I'd like to have seen him alongside Matip at the heart of our defence.

Yeah shame he burnt his bridges as he is better (only a bit mind as he has had plenty of brain farts which time diminishes!) than Lovren who clearly needs replacing as a number two to Matip.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #102: Feb 01, 2017 01:40:09 am
      That is a great move for us. Hopefully he performs so we could sell him for a good sum.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #103: Feb 01, 2017 10:12:30 am

I rated him highly - thought he was definitely the pick of our defensive bunch last year.  And we don't know the full story but him being frozen out doesn't seem to have affected the team, there hasn't been an outcry from within the squad about it so that leads to me to believe it was warranted.

There's always rumours about what's gone on but still - wish him the best in his move.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #104: Feb 01, 2017 10:16:05 am
      Great defender, I've always maintained he's our best CB, but he obviously done something to warrant the cold shoulder from the manager so it is his own fault.

Sooner have him here but not at the expense of him thinking he can behave how he likes and get away with it just because he's a very talented footballer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #105: Feb 01, 2017 10:58:04 am
      Could be a bridge building exercise, he's gave an interview admitting he's at fault for the whole situation and then gone out on loan as originally suggested by Klopp.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #106: Feb 01, 2017 12:36:56 pm
      Could be a bridge building exercise, he's gave an interview admitting he's at fault for the whole situation and then gone out on loan as originally suggested by Klopp.

Yep, work hard, play well, toe the line and maybe Klopp gives him a shot next season.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #107: Feb 01, 2017 05:04:38 pm
      Good luck to him at Palace, I think he'll do well there, always scared the sh*t out of me when he played as his legs seemed to have a mind of their own  :o

This is a lesson to anyone who thinks they can get one over on Jürgen....they can't.

All the best Mama  :gt-happyup:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #108: Feb 01, 2017 05:37:41 pm
      Hate seeing us lose a very good player about to hit his peak, but good luck to him.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/826564237266997249
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2017 07:43:29 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #109: Feb 01, 2017 07:45:35 pm
      Go defend like a demon and score for fun lad, Palace still have to play all the top 6 but he can't play against us.

Help win us the Title and you might be forgiven your indiscretions  ;D

Edited due to senility  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #110: Feb 01, 2017 07:48:39 pm
      Go defend like a demon and score for fun lad, West Ham still have to play all the top 6 but he can't play against us.

Help win us the Title and you might be forgiven your indiscretions  ;D

Do you mean Palace?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: Feb 01, 2017 07:53:38 pm

Hahaha yeah, watching the WH game  :lmao:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #112: Feb 02, 2017 08:40:26 pm
      Help win us the Title and you might be forgiven your indiscretions

Eh...maybe nah not going to happen Debs  ;)

Klopp On Sakho’s Future

JÜRGEN Klopp spoke today for the first time since Mamadou Sakho’s loan move to Crystal Palace was confirmed.

He said: “First of all, if I should give advice to Sakho it would be to him, not for TV.

“Who knows in half a year, we felt already what can change in a month, now there’s five months left.

“He should concentrate on Palace, we should concentrate on here.

“At the moment he’s on loan, still has a contract at Liverpool, but it’s not a thing we talk about in this moment.

Some people see that as a way back for Sakho. Think the facts speak for themselves in that case, though. He isn’t coming back.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/liverpool-klopp-on-sakho-the-anfield-atmosphere-and-injury-news-teatime-round-up/

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #113: Feb 02, 2017 09:01:43 pm
      Eh...maybe nah not going to happen Debs  ;)

Klopp On Sakho’s Future

JÜRGEN Klopp spoke today for the first time since Mamadou Sakho’s loan move to Crystal Palace was confirmed.

He said: “First of all, if I should give advice to Sakho it would be to him, not for TV.

“Who knows in half a year, we felt already what can change in a month, now there’s five months left.

“He should concentrate on Palace, we should concentrate on here.

“At the moment he’s on loan, still has a contract at Liverpool, but it’s not a thing we talk about in this moment.

Some people see that as a way back for Sakho. Think the facts speak for themselves in that case, though. He isn’t coming back.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/liverpool-klopp-on-sakho-the-anfield-atmosphere-and-injury-news-teatime-round-up/

I didn't mean Jürgen would forgive him and have him back mate I meant that if we win the damn thing anyway that we won't care as much that he was unavailable for our first European final in 9 years, then adding to it by being unvailable for the whole of the season due to being an unprofessional dick.

We really won't give a F**k if we end the season as Champions  ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #114: Feb 02, 2017 09:31:09 pm
      We really won't give a f**k if we end the season as Champions

True that Debs

Quick Reply