Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Summer Outgoings 2017

Read 10535 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Summer Outgoings 2017
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2017 03:23:38 am
      Understand the Can and Lovren shouts but I don't want them gone....Not at all.

What I want is for Can to get pushed into the Stewart/Lucas role and Dejan to be the new Klaven.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2017 10:51:06 am

What I want is for Can to get pushed into the Stewart/Lucas role and Dejan to be the new Klaven.

Agree.  I think both of them have first XI question marks but they are certainly the level our second XI or subs should be at.  At the start of a season you should be able to cross out any 5 players in the first XI and be able to supply replacements you think we would win Premier League games with.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2017 10:57:22 am

Agree with that we still need a decent squad and Emre and Dejan would be good options if and when needed.

Still have hopes that Can can step up even though he has not shown much improvement this season.
      I think he has had to play much this season when coming off the bench midget have Been better for him.

Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2017 11:12:16 am
      We can't even handle our current schedule without European football. U want to lessen the squad and then replace those players? with who? It'll still be a weak squad with low numbers.

We shouldn't be losing players like Can, Sahko and Sturridge, just because their form is poor currently. We should be adding to them Yall some fair weather fans. SMH.

agreed, how come top top players play every game?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2017 12:02:58 pm
      Mignolet
      Randall
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Stewart
      Lucas
      Sturridge

Don't think anyone that's out on loan has a future either so we can get rid of them.

Agree that Can and Lovren need to be becoming squad players rather than sold to fund their replacement. Otherwise we'll just end up in the situation we are in right now. Sturridge the exception.

Would be wanting 6 coming in if we get rid of who I've said but don't see us having the money to do all that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2017 01:49:04 pm

Think that's harsh myself.  Obviously not ticked your boxes but I think he's a solid back up.  When you have players like Lucas having to fill in at centre-back there's no way I'd be getting rid of Klavan just yet - certainly not until we see how Gomez is getting on (because I didn't think he sparkled in last weeks horror spell).
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2017 02:40:33 pm
      OUT:

Mignolet
      Manninger
      Karius
      Bogdan

Klavan
      Moreno
      Randall
      Sakho
      Wisdom
      Flanagan

Leiva
      Stewart
      Can
      Markovic
      Origi

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2017 02:55:01 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2017 03:00:29 pm
      OUT:

Mignolet
      Manninger
      Karius
      Bogdan

Klavan
      Moreno
      Randall
      Sakho
      Wisdom
      Flanagan

Leiva
      Stewart
      Can
      Markovic
      Origi

Yea, let's get rid of all three keepers and start again.

That's a great way to build a squad.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2017 04:25:17 pm
      Yea, let's get rid of all three keepers and start again.

That's a great way to build a squad.

That list was BRUTAL. I'd be playing in the cup games we'd be that short.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2017 04:52:21 pm
      OUT:

Mignolet
      Manninger
      Karius
      Bogdan

Klavan
      Moreno
      Randall
      Sakho
      Wisdom
      Flanagan

Leiva
      Stewart
      Can
      Markovic
      Origi

Piss being well and truly taken here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2017 05:47:24 pm
      Can, Sturridge, Moreno and Sakho the four biggest names, the former because of his contract and the next two because they will want to play more regularly. sakho is obvious. Our loan players over 21 should be gone as well.

These four names correspond with the positions where we should be looking to buy, but Debs has decreed that we will not be talking about that on this thread, and I am nothing but a compliant soul, especially when it comes to her directives.  ;D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2017 11:37:03 pm
      The McDonald's style turn over in staff says it all if you need the truth. Serve sh*t fare but a very wealthy company, so all's good.

Season written off in January - go next year... whoo  hoo.  :clap: :clap:

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2017 12:24:44 am
      The McDonald's style turn over in staff says it all if you need the truth. Serve sh*t fare but a very wealthy company, so all's good.

Season written off in January - go next year... whoo  hoo.  :clap: :clap:

Whose written it off?  I haven't, and I highly doubt Klopp or the players have.  Chelsea will drop points between now and the end.  We will need to be nearly perfect to make them pay for it, but with Coutinho and Matip just about back to full fitness and Mane back from the ACON, we have our best 11 back in action.  Also, we have the "luxury" of being able to focus on 1 game per week.  Our best 11 is as good as any in England, so no reason why we can't make a real push for the top in the next 4 months!! 

Keep the faith lads :)
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2017 02:04:25 am
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Sturridge

Simply because they are not first teamers, and when they do start, they show why they are not. And don't try to feed my that "Sturridge is world class sh*te" he used to be, now, nope.

Can
      Lovren

I hear the squad player thing, but no, it doesn't wash with me. Far too inconsistent to be of use to anyone. I remember the Palace match when Lovren got a goal, and he was loved, but his feck up cost us one to start with. Thank you no, too much of this.

Lucas

He scored against Plymouth, his first goal for SEVEN years! Has played a good couple of games in defence, but like Lovren, fecks up too many times and costs us games.

Get rid of them and we have already set the standards. We want success, we DEMAND it, these players are costing us.

As a plus, get rid of these and it gives us a better idea of who we need to replace them.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2017 07:26:10 am
      OUT:

Mignolet
      Manninger
      Karius
      Bogdan

Klavan
      Moreno
      Randall
      Sakho
      Wisdom
      Flanagan

Leiva
      Stewart
      Can
      Markovic
      Origi

This is a crazy persons ramblings if I ever seen it
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2017 07:27:43 am
      This is a crazy persons ramblings if I ever seen it

Well to be honest I wouldn't care if I didn't see any of those players again except for Origi who I think will become great
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2017 01:54:47 pm
      Well to be honest I wouldn't care if I didn't see any of those players again except for Origi who I think will become great

Yea but to let them all go at once...
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2017 02:19:51 pm
      Sturridge is gone. Hope for his own sake too as he will never get respected at LFC even if he bangs in 10 goals per game. Plus, he is an asset that can easily be sold, so he won't be hanging around come next season.

Mignolet has got to stay imo. He's far better than Karius.

Sakho we know is gone in Summer.
      Moreno, Lucas, Can, Markovic..? not sure who else can reasonably be gotten rid of.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2017 02:38:00 pm
      Sturridge is gone. Hope for his own sake too as he will never get respected at LFC even if he bangs in 10 goals per game. Plus, he is an asset that can easily be sold, so he won't be hanging around come next season.

Mignolet has got to stay imo. He's far better than Karius.

Sakho we know is gone in Summer.
      Moreno, Lucas, Can, Markovic..? not sure who else can reasonably be gotten rid of.

Sturridge is not respected at LFC? Have you just imagined this or is there tangible proof of what you are claiming...
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2017 04:26:14 pm
      Sturridge is not respected at LFC? Have you just imagined this or is there tangible proof of what you are claiming...

Probably because people have the audacity to mention his lack of form, pace and the fact he looks a different player to the one we saw a couple of seasons ago.

I loved Danny in his prime, but I won't hold onto the hope that if he is gone that he will miraculously return to his past self!
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2017 04:34:59 pm

From the coaches e.g. Klopp. From Gerrard. From fans on here.

Plenty of quotes I can pull up. Not really up for dispute is it? I mean.. are you serious?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2017 04:55:32 pm
      From the coaches e.g. Klopp. From Gerrard. From fans on here.

Plenty of quotes I can pull up. Not really up for dispute is it? I mean.. are you serious?

What are you on about?

Have you considered the amount of time and respect LFC have given him to see if his body will recover from injury after injury.
      Why is that it's because the know he is a top talent and worth preservering with.

It now up to him to show he is up to the challenge of playing the way the manager wants.

The manager is not going to change his philosophy to accommodate Sturridge, which seems to be what you are wanting.
      That might have been a option but no sane person would ever build a team around Danny with his injury record, he is just not reliable.

Quick Reply