Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool fans support Zoe's Place Baby Hospice

Read 62344 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Liverpool fans support Zoe's Place Baby Hospice
      Nov 19, 2007 11:10:27 pm
      For details of our 2010 campaign - get involved at http://charity.lfcreds.com

Our charity appeal that began in December 2007 eventually went on to raise over £2500 for Zoe's Place Childrens Hospice in Liverpool thanks to online donations from Liverpool fans like you, and also a Charity night.

Although our donations page is now closed you can still donate direct to Zoe's Place online at http://www.justgiving.com/charity/donate.asp?frsid=687578

Thanks to all Liverpool fans who supported this magnificent charity and continue to do so through various activities on the forum.

As Christmas approaches and we all start thinking about buying everyone in the world a present and telling everyone we don't need any more socks (actually I do though Mum!) I thought it was a real chance for us all to make a little bit of a difference this Christmas to some less fortunate than ourselves.

Zoe's Place is a hospice in Liverpool for babies and young children aged from 0 to 5 years old, providing respite and palliative care and care for those with terminal illnesses.  The organisation provides this care at no cost to the families.

It is a charitable organisation and receives little funding from the government.  It costs in the region of £650,000 a year to continue to provide their care which not only gives the children, but also the families, lots of help and support.

A page has been set up on a Charity website and all donations will go to the Hospice in Liverpool.

I've set us the not unreasonable challenge of raising them £1000 before this Christmas with donations from us here on the website.  Although I hope none of us ever need the services of such an organisation I think we all agree they perform an amazing job.

No matter how much you can afford - it only takes a minute to make a difference to a lot of other people's lives.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2010 12:12:22 pm by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Christmas 2007: Zoe's Place Baby Hospice
      Reply #1: Nov 19, 2007 11:24:29 pm
      Just done my donation, these people do such sterling work and largely go unrecognised.

Spot on JD for bringing this to our attention.

Being a Mum myself, subjects like this are close to my heart.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Nov 19, 2007 11:29:17 pm
      Absolutely. The work they do is more than amazing and really makes a huge difference to the children AND their families. Anything donated will be a massive help.

Let's stick together and make a difference.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Nov 19, 2007 11:35:04 pm
      If everybody on here just donates even a little bit, I'm sure we can reach the target.

Like Redkenny said, let's pull together and make a difference to the lives of these little children.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Nov 19, 2007 11:40:40 pm
      As you can see - I've added one of them widget things to the original post.  If you haven't got Flash then we've only got £940 to go.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Nov 20, 2007 08:15:07 am
      I'd rather donate to this & see where my money is going than Children in Need where I have no idea where £19m goes each year...oh I'm such a skeptic :f_tongueincheek:

Will be donating in due course ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Nov 20, 2007 10:56:21 am
      Just donated myself.

Well done JD, a very worthy cause.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Nov 20, 2007 11:05:28 am
      Any way of donating other than by card? I've got rid of mine cos I can't be trusted with them ;D

Is there an account we can transfer money to at all?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Nov 20, 2007 11:05:40 am
      Agreed I have donated too, my son was in the special care bay unit in Exeter before he died, and all these people involved in the care of children do a fantastic job a worthy and wonderful cause.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #9: Nov 20, 2007 12:46:28 pm
      Over 10% done now with Gift Aid donations on top.  Well done to all those who have kick started this campaign.

The sooner we reach the target - the sooner I'll stop going on about it! 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Nov 20, 2007 08:09:07 pm
      Any way of donating other than by card? I've got rid of mine cos I can't be trusted with them ;D

Is there an account we can transfer money to at all?

You haven't even got a debit card? How do you get your money out the bank?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: Nov 21, 2007 08:41:31 am
      You haven't even got a debit card? How do you get your money out the bank?

Cash card only at the moment mate, I changed banks recently & they won't let me get a debit card until I've been with them for 6 months. As for credit cards I won't be getting another one, those things are evil & make me do stupid things :D

So is there any way of paying apart from card? If not I'll put some money in the girlfriends account & pay off hers.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Nov 21, 2007 06:24:52 pm
      All done  ;) 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Nov 22, 2007 12:54:29 am
      10% reached after a couple of days excluding the Gift Aid donations. Great stuff!!  :)

Let's hope we can keep picking away at that target before Christmas. We all know how us Liverpool fans are the best at sticking together and making a difference when it matters most. Anything you can afford to give will be a massive help to all the children and their families. Anything you can afford.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 22, 2007 06:58:01 pm
      As for credit cards I won't be getting another one, those things are evil & make me do stupid things :D

Agreed, which leads me to......

I'll sort me finances out this week and then donate a tenner! I visited Zoe's Place when I was about 12 or 13 with school and have nothing but respect for what they do there! I lost me baby brother when I was younger so I understand how families would want their kids to be in the nicest place possible until the end.

Keep up the good work guys! Dig deep!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #15: Nov 23, 2007 12:42:48 am
      I'll stick mine on later.  Pay day tomorrow for me.

Happy to help - great idea btw!  I usually buy all sorts of tat for crimbo so by donating something to the great work this place does for terminally ill kids will be a pleasure.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2007 10:30:41 am
      Done - a worthy cause.  A friend of mine's little sister was in a place like this, and they work so hard and don't get enough funding.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2007 02:45:36 pm
      Done.  Very happy to give something back to others.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #18: Nov 25, 2007 04:07:44 pm
      Excellent stuff to all the contributors to the charity so far.

And now it's YOUR turn.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #19: Nov 25, 2007 10:51:31 pm
      Donation done. Good work JD. A very worthy cause and hopefully we will reach the target no problem.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #20: Nov 25, 2007 11:58:10 pm
      Donation done. Good work JD. A very worthy cause and hopefully we will reach the target no problem.

srslfc - Another fantastic forum contributer.  Come on the rest of you tight arses.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Nov 28, 2007 11:57:39 pm
      Done :) Just gutted I couldn't give more :( YNWA everyone, great idea putting this on here!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Nov 29, 2007 12:40:31 am
      Done :) Just gutted I couldn't give more :( YNWA everyone, great idea putting this on here!

Well in mate!! Don't be gutted you couldn't give more. Anything given at all makes a massive difference to the kids and their families!

Quick Reply