Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions v Bolton?

Reds smash Bolton apart (Win)
      49 (100%)
      Disappointment (A draw)
      0 (0%)
      Oh my good god! (Lose)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2007 11:32:43 pm

Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Premiership)

Read 19322 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Premiership)
      Nov 30, 2007 09:59:29 am
      Come 2nd December, We will be playing host to Bolton Wanderers. I know this is another 3 points in our pockets. My suggested line-up

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Arbeloa

Benanyun Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Kuyt torres

SUBS: Babel Crouch Veronin etc..

There is an intensity that Kuyt brings to the attack: will help give Bolton the run around before the introduction of Crouch and Babel in the Second half. What do you think. LFC for life.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2007 08:21:36 pm by JD »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Pre - Match tread)
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2007 10:11:25 am
      Come 2nd December, We will be playing host to Bolton Wanderers. I know this is another 3 points in our pockets. My suggested line-up

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Arbeloa

Benanyoun Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Kuyt Torres

SUBS: Babel Crouch Voronin etc..

There is an intensity that Kuyt brings to the attack: will help give Bolton the run around before the introduction of Crouch and Babel in the Second half. What do you think. LFC for life.

I think we have to start with Crouch myself he looked in good shape Wednesday and had he started he may have got another I think he is going through the goal pour phase where he does not like to go too long without scoring at least once.  Maybe Kuyt and Crouch Torres in the second half I think we are playing well enough to rest him slightly but apart from that I'd go with that team too Kewell has not had too many minutes and is also looking sharp.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2007 10:13:50 am by AJ »
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2007 11:36:13 am
      How far away is Agger from a start or bench place?
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2007 11:41:01 am
      Its goina be difficult with them beating the scum last Saturday but we should be able tha dispose of them with our form.I expect another 3 points on Sunday.They will be tired from their game on Thursday and only getting a draw.
      This is my expected line up but then again we cant predict Rafa's rotation

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Riise

Babel Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Crouch Torres

Id like to see Lucas again but i dont know if this would be the type of game for him.I want Babel to get another run out as he good but i dont know can he be a right winger because i have the fealing that he isnt comfortable on the wing

Crouch has to get his start up front he has showed he deserves it.Crouch and Torres could end up to be a gem of a partnership even that they wont always work together but are 2 very good individuals , our 2 best strikers and they guarentee goals.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2007 11:47:47 am
      How far away is Agger from a start or bench place?

Its not known yet but Sky are saying "Xabi Alonso, Daniel Agger and Jermaine Pennant are still sidelined"

So it looks like we wont be seeing him this weekend,Hyypia should be made for this game up against Kevin Davies.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Pre - Match Thread)
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2007 12:53:15 pm
      We should be looking to collect all three points here anything less would see us lose further ground with Arsenal playing Villa who are in good form and could well slip up we need to keep on winning.I would like to see Torres and Crouch start up front with Babel on the wing again,Hopefully Stevie will continue his fine run of goal scoring form,what is it 7 in 8 games now not bad for someone who hasnt been at his best eh?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2007 02:35:59 pm
      Need to stay in the title race - this will be an interesting game and I suspect VERY physical... I don't expect it to end 11 v 11 either.

Would rest FT, SG for Sat week v Reading (away) - with Marseille crunch game the following Tues.

My line up would be very offensive - so impressed with SH's fitness levels but hope DA comes back soon, I've got Dan and Xabi on the bench - if fit:

PR
      SF JC SH AA
      RB SG JM HK
          DK FT

Subs: I, PC, LL, DA(?), XA(?), AV.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 30, 2007 04:00:35 pm
      knowing Rafa it wouldn't come as a big shock is Stevie G is rested...we have two HUGE games coming up next month.
      But i agree that Kewell should start.

Hope we get the three points and Arsenal drop points especially since Fabregas is injured :)
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #8: Nov 30, 2007 04:25:31 pm
      i think gerrard will be on bench, Lucas and mascherano in the middle
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Nov 30, 2007 04:28:34 pm
      I think gerrard will be on bench, Lucas and mascherano in the middle

I would rest SG for the Reading game next week... which only two days before Marseille instead.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2007 05:40:23 pm
      I agree with Don, Stevie plays on Sunday but gets a breather next weekend. We're gathering some serious momentum and Bolton, while being fair and giving them their dues (for beating those mancs that is), is a team we should beat without too much grief. Still, we want three points in the bag, we can pull off the likes of Torres and Gerrard once the points are safe on Sunday....

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Nov 30, 2007 06:09:23 pm
      Could it be so disrespectful to leave SG on the bench, I mean from Boltons point of view?? Um I dont think so I remember the hark on by Yaskali... yiskalina.... Jaskalinena... there F***ing goalkeeper last season and the stuff he was shouting about respect and all that, there are two players I have respect for in that Bolton line up Anelka and Nolan the rest are half breeds who think they are hard. I was pleased for them that they beat the scum but I still feel we should play a strong side against Bolton as they will be on the up and up now and confidence will be high even though they lost that UEFA Cup tie last night.
      Heres my team for what its worth and some explanation albeit Im being flippant...

Itanje

Insua  Hobbs under 11s centre back Under 12s Right Back(soz dont know the names but they wouldnt be worked that hard as Bolton have nothing of consequence here)
      Leto  Flynn Spearing Putterill

Under 8s Striker
                              Under 9s Striker

There ya go Bolton this is how much respect I have for you because this team would kick your arse and this in no means means Im being disrespectful to the players in my line up, they would still beat Bolton quite comfterbly, and at a canter. 2-0 the reds I reckon.

Heres my real team for what its worth, the same one that beat Porto :-)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Nov 30, 2007 06:25:25 pm
      Under Megson Bolton are a physical side, as they were under Fat Sam, and because of this our more lightweight players should be given a rest. I would go for:

Reina

Finnan     Carra   Hyypia  Arbeloa

Voronin  Gerrard  Masch   Riise

Torres  Crouch

This lineup should be able to match Bolton pound for pound with the physical side of the game, and if we are still drawing after 60 minutes when players are starting to get tired we can bring on the more creative Babel & Benayoun for Riise & Voronin. In reality that starting lineup should be able to beat Bolton anyway, but if we haven't finished them off by that stage I'm certain Babel, Benayoun & Torres will have a field day against tiring legs.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #13: Nov 30, 2007 06:32:47 pm
      If the weather forecast is correct (and that will be a change) then it will be played in gale force winds and driving rain.  This will suit Bolton as anything that could take creative football out of the equation will be to their advantage. >:(
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #14: Nov 30, 2007 07:12:56 pm
      No return for Agger, Alonso or Aurelio.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157871071130-1302.htm

I'd go for

Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia Riise

Babel Gerrard Lucas Kewell

Torres Crouch

solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #15: Nov 30, 2007 08:03:32 pm
      If the weather forecast is correct (and that will be a change) then it will be played in gale force winds and driving rain.  This will suit Bolton as anything that could take creative football out of the equation will be to their advantage. >:(

Much as I agree with you that their football is 'all brawl and no brain', I must point out that, regardless of the weather condition, be it hale stones, blizzard, hurricane or tsunami, we will crush these clowns bolton wanderers
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Nov 30, 2007 11:27:54 pm
      Don't worry Oldred. The weather forecast is never right in Liverpool. Well, it wont be now seeing as Wigan is quite close to Liverpool and a certain Steve Bruce occupies a unique weather system for the circumference around his head...
      Good point about creative football out of the equation favouring Bolton though. That's what they'll try stop us doing no doubt. Which is why I agree with with Eddies selection with the view of bringing Babel and Benayoun/Kewell on when the dogs of war attitude has tired them out in the second half - whether we are winning or not, that would still probably be a good thing.
      I think as long as we just try play our own game but match them on the physical side, we'll bag another win. They're alright coming to Anfield and trying to unsettle us but quality always shines through. And we've got more quality than them without a doubt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Liverpool v Bolton (Premiership) Pre Match Thread
      Reply #17: Nov 30, 2007 11:30:36 pm
      Reds win.  All day long.
      popool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 01, 2007 12:28:03 am
      Whatever the weather, we will play our best side this weekend.
      The letters in the echo this week included a very insightful retort from a Red in Florida, who tried to explain the Yank owners displeasure so far, and due to the recent upheaval, he was spot on.
      He explained the difference between American Sports, and what their investment in soccer were about.

If a team buys a top quarterback, they expect him to be the hub of the team, week in week out. And whilst Soccer is different, if they lay out top dollar for a striker, they expect him to be part of the team week in, week out.
      apparently, it is called, getting more bang for your buck.

If honest, we have all wanted Rafa to play torres more often so we too get more "sound to our pound."

So going back to Sunday, i think the gaffa has caught on to the fact we have to play our best side on the day, which includes the enigma called Kewell.
      He has been a revelation, and oozes class in a position where we have have had to put potential or John Arne, which has made us look poor.
      There is absolutely no way that the gaffer is going to give the Yanks any possible excuse between now and their meeting to add to their criticism, by tinkering in a way that makes any blame fall upon his selection policy.
      Harry Kewell coming back in the manner and timing that he has is a great bonus to our team, and off the bench or coming on at the start has given the gaffer an option he/we only dreamt about so far whilst playing at home so far this season.
      4-0
      and without any doubts.
      Come on you MIGHTY Reds
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Dec 01, 2007 09:14:13 am
      Whatever the weather, we will play our best side this weekend.
      The letters in the echo this week included a very insightful retort from a Red in Florida, who tried to explain the Yank owners displeasure so far, and due to the recent upheaval, he was spot on.
      He explained the difference between American Sports, and what their investment in soccer were about.

If a team buys a top quarterback, they expect him to be the hub of the team, week in week out. And whilst Soccer is different, if they lay out top dollar for a striker, they expect him to be part of the team week in, week out.
      apparently, it is called, getting more bang for your buck.

If honest, we have all wanted Rafa to play torres more often so we too get more "sound to our pound."

So going back to Sunday, I think the gaffa has caught on to the fact we have to play our best side on the day, which includes the enigma called Kewell.
      He has been a revelation, and oozes class in a position where we have have had to put potential or John Arne, which has made us look poor.
      There is absolutely no way that the gaffer is going to give the Yanks any possible excuse between now and their meeting to add to their criticism, by tinkering in a way that makes any blame fall upon his selection policy.
      Harry Kewell coming back in the manner and timing that he has is a great bonus to our team, and off the bench or coming on at the start has given the gaffer an option he/we only dreamt about so far whilst playing at home so far this season.
      4-0
      and without any doubts.
      Come on you MIGHTY Reds

Good post. I do agree with what you say here especially about the American perspective, thats why I went for an unchanged starting 11 from porto although I would say that I would start CRouch instead of Vorinin with Torres..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #20: Dec 01, 2007 09:23:24 am
      Don't wish to sound pessemistic but I hope Agger is fit. I fear Annelka may give Sammi the runaround. ( not on ability, more on pace.) There are also a few players at Bolton who are able to lash a long range surprise on anyone. We'll have to be on good form the beat these. They will be high on confidence and we can't aford to rest anyone until the points are in the bag.  Torres to start with either Kuyt or Crouch. Yossi, Stevie, Masch and Kewell in the middle and Finnan, Carra, Sammi and Riise at the back. I say Sammi because iv'e just read that Agger won't be fit. For me, Mommo and Babel are a bit off form and low on confidence. Late subs mabey, but not to start.  Should be able to secure a good win with these. Please Rafa no rotation  !
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2007 09:38:35 am
      Don't wish to sound pessemistic but I hope Agger is fit. I fear Annelka may give Sammi the runaround. ( not on ability, more on pace.) There are also a few players at Bolton who are able to lash a long range surprise on anyone. We'll have to be on good form the beat these. They will be high on confidence and we can't aford to rest anyone until the points are in the bag.  Torres to start with either Kuyt or Crouch. Yossi, Stevie, Masch and Kewell in the middle and Finnan, Carra, Sammi and Riise at the back. I say Sammi because iv'e just read that Agger won't be fit. For me, Mommo and Babel are a bit off form and low on confidence. Late subs mabey, but not to start.  Should be able to secure a good win with these. Please Rafa no rotation  !

Bolton wont be having Hunt and Nolan on their side. those two are hardworking. they're serving their suspensions i believe.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2007 10:05:40 am
      Last season correspondence Match

Liverpool 3-0 Bolton Wanderers
      1 January 2007 - Ref: Graham Poll
      Liverpool scorers: Crouch 61, Gerrard 63, Kuyt 83

Quick Reply