Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NOTW personal vendetta against Benitez - Rafa To Take Action?

Read 17140 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      NOTW personal vendetta against Benitez - Rafa To Take Action?
      Jan 07, 2008 09:39:42 pm
      Taken from Sunday Supplement programme on Sky

The News of the World's Rob Beasley told the Supplement that Rafa Benitez's petulance could cost him his Liverpool job.

The back of the Sunday papers are dominated by stories that Benitez could be on borrowed time at Anfield and Beasley believes that the Spaniard only has himself to blame.

"I think this is classic Benitez," said Beasley, "he behaves at times like a petulant spoilt brat.

"One of his favourite ploys is to give these secret little briefings where he asks journalists to turn off their microphones and he then gives them a bit of inside information.

"He's certainly got a problem with the new owners, he's spent a lot of money and now he wants more.

"The thing about Benitez that annoys me is not just his petulance, but nothing is ever his fault. But when things go well it's always to his credit and nobody else's and I don't like that in a manager.

"He's made a classic mistake of believing his own publicity. He's had a degree of success at Liverpool - nothing in the Premier League - they haven't won the championship since 1989-90 and thats a long time for Liverpool not to be the dominant force in English football."

And Beasley also doubts the one thing that many feel is Benitez's strength: his tactical nous.

"Yes he's had Champions League success once and they won the FA Cup under Benitez, but that's not the success that is expected at Liverpool.

"People try and make him out to be some sort of tactical magician, well he wasn't a tactical magician in the 2005 Champions League final because they were being trounced by Milan and so his tactics were quite clearly wrong.

"And if anybody says 'well he was a tactical genius because he turned it around' well when you're in that sort of a mess it doesn't take much tactics to say 'we're in a mess, let's just go and attack and try and get back and turn it around'.

"And again against West Ham in the 2006 FA Cup final, they were out thought, out manoeuvred and trailing.

"It was the last throw of the dice - 'let's pile forward' and Steven Gerrard got them out of jail in that one as well. Both finals they won on penalties."

Beasley and the rest of Fleet Street's finest around the Supplement breakfast table feel that Benitez's attitude will bring to an end his Liverpool tenure.

"I'm not a fan of Benitez the manager and Benitez the person because I think he's a bit snide and secretive. He tries to use the press to then ignite the fans - who adore him at Liverpool - to try and put pressure on the owners.

"He's made the classic mistake, he's called it on with the owners and they've said 'no, we're in charge, not you, get your head down'.

"If you remember not that long ago there was that classic press conference when Benitez showed his petulance and stupidity to the extreme where he'd had a tiff, they'd wrapped him across the knuckles and said 'keep your head down, focus on coaching and training the players - that's your job'.

"And in the press conference Benitez was asked 25 different questions. 25 times he said 'my job is to focus on the coaching and training of the players'.

"Now after you've been wrapped across the knuckles by your boss and you go and do that, you are effectively saying 'sod you' and the owners have come back to him and said 'no, sod you!'"

Sums up the NOTW in my opinion.  I'd love to get some dirt on these journalists and throw it back in their faces.

If you want to watch the video clip
      http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid1367653697

Beasley you bald b***ard (allegedly)

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008 02:34:25 pm by redkenny »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: NOTW personal vendetta against Benitez
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2008 09:44:37 pm
      Rafael Benitez asking journos to switch of mics to give them insider... does he think we are from planet bollox?

No way would Rafa ever do that, he hates the press side of life, he did in Spain too... and never speaks to the press unless he is contractually oblidged to.

This guy is a complete son of a C U N T... he is the one that should keep his head down and keep swallowing Murdoch's pussy, the complete B A S T A R D O.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2008 09:46:52 pm

Should let Mascherano look at a picture of him for 5 hours, then set him on the bald pr**k!

'Mascha! KILL!' >:D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Jan 07, 2008 09:49:17 pm
      Does anybody know where this guy lives... I know a few mates that could do his house (and boyfriend) when he "follows" us away in Europe next...

Then again his boyfriend would want a repeat performance, so no scrap that one.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #4: Jan 07, 2008 09:52:36 pm
      Does anybody know where this guy lives...

In an Ivory Tower. Next to Stamford Bridge.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #5: Jan 07, 2008 09:53:38 pm

Should let Mascherano look at a picture of him for 5 hours, then set him on the bald pr**k!

'Mascha! KILL!' >:D

Too dangerous might ki....... oh I get it. Good idea!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jan 07, 2008 09:54:03 pm

:tosser: ::)

I hate newspapers! I seriously never thought they'd get so bad! :-\
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Jan 07, 2008 09:54:14 pm

More like a brothel next to Old Trafford... Rooney seen there a few times too (alledgedly)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 07, 2008 10:34:18 pm
      do these bas**rds have nothing else to talk about?? they must be having problems getting stories if they have to make sh*t up about the most succesful club in england. there probably teaming up with the s*n.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2008 10:51:21 pm by smigger15 »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jan 07, 2008 10:51:34 pm
      What a cheeky f**ker. What the hell has he ever won as a manager?

he behaves at times like a petulant spoilt brat.
      Is that because you find it hard to get any info out of Rafa then kn*bhead?
      We all know Rafa is very good at not giving too much away. Beasley's words only further confirm to me that so called journalists get frustrated by this and have to resort to cheap shots at our manager and our club.

For anyone on here who buys NOTW. Your money is going in the back pockets of idiots like this, who would love to bring our club down.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #10: Jan 07, 2008 11:05:15 pm
      Taken from Sunday Supplement programme on Sky

The News of the World's Rob Beasley told the Supplement that Rafa Benitez's petulance could cost him his Liverpool job.

The back of the Sunday papers are dominated by stories that Benitez could be on borrowed time at Anfield and Beasley believes that the Spaniard only has himself to blame.

"I think this is classic Benitez," said Beasley, "he behaves at times like a petulant spoilt brat.

"One of his favourite ploys is to give these secret little briefings where he asks journalists to turn off their microphones and he then gives them a bit of inside information.

"He's certainly got a problem with the new owners, he's spent a lot of money and now he wants more.

"The thing about Benitez that annoys me is not just his petulance, but nothing is ever his fault. But when things go well it's always to his credit and nobody else's and I don't like that in a manager.

"He's made a classic mistake of believing his own publicity. He's had a degree of success at Liverpool - nothing in the Premier League - they haven't won the championship since 1989-90 and thats a long time for Liverpool not to be the dominant force in English football."

And Beasley also doubts the one thing that many feel is Benitez's strength: his tactical nous.

"Yes he's had Champions League success once and they won the FA Cup under Benitez, but that's not the success that is expected at Liverpool.

"People try and make him out to be some sort of tactical magician, well he wasn't a tactical magician in the 2005 Champions League final because they were being trounced by Milan and so his tactics were quite clearly wrong.

"And if anybody says 'well he was a tactical genius because he turned it around' well when you're in that sort of a mess it doesn't take much tactics to say 'we're in a mess, let's just go and attack and try and get back and turn it around'.

"And again against West Ham in the 2006 FA Cup final, they were out thought, out manoeuvred and trailing.

"It was the last throw of the dice - 'let's pile forward' and Steven Gerrard got them out of jail in that one as well. Both finals they won on penalties."

Beasley and the rest of Fleet Street's finest around the Supplement breakfast table feel that Benitez's attitude will bring to an end his Liverpool tenure.

"I'm not a fan of Benitez the manager and Benitez the person because I think he's a bit snide and secretive. He tries to use the press to then ignite the fans - who adore him at Liverpool - to try and put pressure on the owners.

"He's made the classic mistake, he's called it on with the owners and they've said 'no, we're in charge, not you, get your head down'.

"If you remember not that long ago there was that classic press conference when Benitez showed his petulance and stupidity to the extreme where he'd had a tiff, they'd wrapped him across the knuckles and said 'keep your head down, focus on coaching and training the players - that's your job'.

"And in the press conference Benitez was asked 25 different questions. 25 times he said 'my job is to focus on the coaching and training of the players'.

"Now after you've been wrapped across the knuckles by your boss and you go and do that, you are effectively saying 'sod you' and the owners have come back to him and said 'no, sod you!'"

Sums up the NOTW in my opinion.  I'd love to get some dirt on these journalists and throw it back in their faces.

If you want to watch the video clip
      http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid1367653697

Beasley you bald b***ard (allegedly)

This is the type of F***ing clown that gives journalists a bad name...
      We all know that Rafa should not have come out and openly criticised the club's new owners, but frustration can make you do stupid things.  If there is a quality player available and the owners won't give Rafa clearance to go out and sign him, then that is going to be frustrating for him, as indeed it would be for any manager at a top club. It would be worrying if Rafa wasn't showing an interest in signing quality players.  
      When Randolph and Mortimer (as I like to call them) took over the club we were led to believe that we would be competing at the top end of the market.  Okay, Benitez has been backed financially as he signed Torres, Babel, Benayoun etc, but Torres was the only one out of the new signings worth £20 million plus.  Although I have said previously that I do think the new owners would back Benitez in the January transfer window, the signs now are clearly worrying.  There's no clarification on the Mascherano situation, and that's ridiculous in my opinion.  One thing is certain... If Mascherano was at Chelsea, Man Utd, or Arsenal they would have sorted out a permanent deal as soon as possible for a player of that quality...  What did Man Utd pay for Hargreaves & Carrick?... That's an indication that we should be paying £17 million for Mascherano if that's the asking price.
      I've said this before, but Benitez is the right man for Liverpool Football Club.  I've disagreed with his selections sometimes, but then I disagreed with a lot of Kenny Dalglish's signings & selections, but that's not to say I thought he wasn't a good manager.  Rafa Benitez is an excellent manager, there is no doubt in my mind about that.  Is there another Manager out there who could have came to a club in Liverpool's position at the time and achieved what Rafa Benitez has achieved?  Who knows?... One thing is certain though and that is that we have won the The Champions League, The Super Cup, and The FA Cup, and got to the Carling Cup Final, and Champions League final again, while also reaching our highest Premiership points finish... If you'd have told many Liverpool Fans that these would be Rafa's achievements in his first couple of seasons (when he arrived) you'd have been laughed at, and told to F**k off!  Okay, we haven't won the Premiership yet, but we will achieve that if the owners of the club stand by Rafa Benitez...  Alex Ferguson took a long time to win anything at Man Utd, and went through another dry patch a few seasons back... was he sacked?... NO!  Arsene Wenger has gone through barren spells recently at Arsenal... Has he been sacked? NO!  and this is because the owners of Utd and Arsenal realise they have a quality manager in place, and so do we.  Roman Abramovich sacked Jose Mourinho because of a falling out, and maybe it had something to do with the fact that Mourinho never delivered the Champions League title in the short space of time that he was at the club...  Benitez has, and added another final to his resume that we should have won as well... Mourinho would have given his right bollock for that...  The owners mustn't listen to n*b head journalists like the one on this post... Rafa Benitez is a quality Manager, and one that could lead this club to further greatness... therefore, he mustn't be forced out.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008 07:42:53 pm by Istvan Kozma »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jan 07, 2008 11:15:27 pm
      Spot on Istvan. The Ranolph and Mortimer tag is still going with me as well.  ;)
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #12: Jan 07, 2008 11:46:41 pm
      Its too late for me to get angry by this article, I can't believe this guy actually gets paid to write this rubbish, its embarrassing, really poor journalism. If it was read by a Psychiatrist, he or she might easily come to the conclusion that he's actually unhappy about the way his own life has turned out, nothing to do with Benitez at all.

Anyway the NOTW are not an intelligent or credible newspaper in my opinion  but they are though, a clever and manipulative organisation and therefore rather dangerous but you wouldn't go to them for a incisive, indepth and impartial analysis on anything they write about, least of all football.

They are mainly the bullies in the playground- thick, stupid and inept and their insecurity leads them to gang up on individuals and criticize them in order to be heard and feel better, when really inside they are only acting on a profound sense of insecurity.

I feel sorry for him.

'Prejudice is the child of ignorance'

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Jan 08, 2008 01:16:00 am
      Rest easy lads and ladies, any true RED would not believe the garbage that the gutter press need to write to generate sales. If non REDS are gullible and stupid enough to believethis rubbish  we are lucky that they are not REDS :f_steam:
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Jan 08, 2008 07:27:01 am
      I think you give some of our fans too much credit Billy, if you look at some of the posts on this forum it's clear that some people are very easily influenced by the media.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2008 08:00:51 am
      every word of this guy is quite clearly filled with hatred and spitefullness. Therefore I classify this as an uninformed opinion.

Dont pay much attention to this tw*t.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2008 08:33:52 am
      Billy, like Eddie points out, it seems that a lot of people do tend to believe what they read!! A lot of people tend to believe that journalists don't make things up to sell headlines!!

The latest being the meeting Parry has gone to America for!! The media have jumped on a meeting that has been arranged for months as if its been hastily arranged to discuss Rafa's future!!

The majority of us know there is a vendetta but more and more people seem to be being reeled in by the sensationalist headlines and press vendetta against Rafa and our club!!

Don't give them the satisfaction, lets show our true support for the manager and the club!!

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2008 08:53:16 am
      Billy, like Eddie points out, it seems that a lot of people do tend to believe what they read!! A lot of people tend to believe that journalists don't make things up to sell headlines!!

The latest being the meeting Parry has gone to America for!! The media have jumped on a meeting that has been arranged for months as if its been hastily arranged to discuss Rafa's future!!

The majority of us know there is a vendetta but more and more people seem to be being reeled in by the sensationalist headlines and press vendetta against Rafa and our club!!

Don't give them the satisfaction, lets show our true support for the manager and the club!!

YNWA
      I agree with all you say but would like to point that you are preaching to one of the converted.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Jan 08, 2008 09:27:37 am
      I hope to god that fans dont believe newspapers like this. I would love to see how he goes as a manager of any club, especially Liverpool. The guy is clearly very spiteful for some reason, maybe personal past life, may be journalistic aim towards our great club, whatever it is, we all know its rubbish and he deserves to rot in hell. The S*n or any papers owned by them, ignore and never buy.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Jan 08, 2008 12:36:23 pm
      What a tosser I wish we could find out his phone number and post it on here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2008 02:24:40 pm
      this is the reason why i never buy a newspaper, not even my locals paper!!! the papers can not be trusted and they are the ones that cause problems within teams because for example if they say 'rafa is going to be asking for more money' rafa then gets called in to the owners office and questioned about it, therefore leading to friction. they are the scum of the earth along with the F***ing mancs and everton!!!    if any liverpool fan believes the papers or begins to wonder if its true or not are not a true red and are'nt welcome at anfield!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2008 05:06:53 pm
      This is quite funny if you don't take the guy seriously. Which no one should...

Why oh why do they let ignorant tits like this talk through their arses and then give them a chance to put it on TV to the nation.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2008 06:47:42 pm
      This is quite funny if you don't take the guy seriously. Which no one should...

We won't take him seriously......cos we know better.

But.....and its a big but, that's the biggest problem we have artaylor......a lot of people  will  take him seriously and be gullible enough to believe every word that comes out of his mouth and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it, and these people know that, why do they love to stir and cause so much aggro for Liverpool.  Jealous of our success, that's why >:(

You can imagine people sitting there watching that useless tosser and  saying "Oh I didn't know Rafa Benitez was like that, no wonder Liverpool are doing so crap"  and they will believe every thing he says....it makes my blood boil :f_steam:

Quick Reply