Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabio Aurelio Player Thread

Read 83074 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Fabio Aurelio Player Thread
      Mar 03, 2008 11:30:57 am
      Well now we have a player thread for Fabio Aurelio our first ever Brazilian!
      Decent left back, needed time to adapt but I believe he is not as bad as many make him out to be. Has one heck of a shot on him with some crisp passing, a player I don't want us to let go off as I believe he has more to offer!

He talks pretty good English too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=i2pPXKVH2nk#
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 06:29:36 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Fabio Aurelio player thread
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2008 11:41:39 am
      You know......we might just see a new player now that he's scored his first goal (and what a goal it was!). I reckon he was losing alot of confidence when all of those decent open play shots go just wide.

But lets not jump the gun, he needs to sort out his defending (and free kicks?) before he becomes a reliable full back because thats what we need right now.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2008 11:47:36 am
      This player is definitley twice the player Riise is. I can't see what Riise can offer apart from 100mph shots which travel wide high and hansome (like Richobaz) at every attempt!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2008 12:35:06 pm
      Must say he seems to blow hot and cold for me maybe just taking time to settle in,nice goal.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2008 12:39:43 pm
      He seems to be a good player once he gets a run of games behind him, the problem is every time he does he goes & gets injured again & we're back to square one. On his day I would definitely say he is a better player than Riise, but we do still need someone more defensively minded to play on the left too. I would sell Riise in the summer & get someone moore defensive, for me Fabio gets one more season to prove he can stay relatively injury free.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2008 01:00:39 pm
      fabio is definately a better option at left than riise, fair enough his defending isnt quite up to speed but either is riise's. what you do get with aurelio is a flying left-back that is much more effective than riise on attacks but will always get back when posession is lost. good cross, good dribbling ability, decent pace and as we saw yesterday a brilliant left peg!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2008 01:40:43 pm
      I think he had a decent game yesterday, scoring a great goal certainly helps.  On the other hand I thought he had an awful game against Middlesbrough.

If he can build on the Bolton game and improve i will be more than pleased but the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.  From a Liverpool point of view I hope he stuffs my words straight back down my throat.  After all it's the team' success I'm really interested in.  My ego can take a bashing as long as we are successful. >:D.   
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2008 04:30:31 pm
      Found a couple of clips -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00mvZ8HvtUg
      He once WAS good at free-kicks. And have to admit his one against Fulham wasn't half-bad, the Keeper played a blinder. Can't find his goal yesterday, but F***ing amazing.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2008 04:33:28 pm
      Maybe if he works hard enough in training, he can be the new Roberto Carlos at free kicks.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2008 05:33:32 pm
      He is a great player and a good taker of free kicks aswell and will show it when he has alot of confidence.

His downside is his defending, at times he can be a rock and bothing will get past him but when his defending is bad its terrible his man gets past him and their gone. I really want him to succeed though, have wanted him to score for ages and i hope he will push on from this now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2008 05:39:02 pm
      Who said Fabio could have his own thread?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2008 05:40:14 pm
      Alot of the other players do, i think. And its only fair after his goal yesterday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2008 06:42:41 pm
      Good performance from Fab yesterday, about time anyway, how many times has riise had a thread eh!

If Aurelio could play like he did yesterday, I would not have an argument in rafa keeping him and letting soft lad go.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2008 07:17:59 pm

He is a Liverpool player at the end of the day, your lucky I'm not going to start a Jermaine Pennant thread! Well not yet anyway...
      redhotrobbie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -16 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2008 09:58:16 pm
      did he not score some wonder free kick last season before his injury?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Mar 04, 2008 12:24:46 pm
      did he not score some wonder free kick last season before his injury?

Nope that was his first goal for us at the weekend.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #16: Mar 04, 2008 02:22:35 pm
      At the end of last season Fabio was playing some great football then he got injured and slowly he has been working hard to get his form back .

He's achieved that now and again he's showing what an asset he his to the squad and without injury's he can get even better.Great player...
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 05, 2008 08:37:59 am
      Its amazing what one goal does to people's opinions of a player.......
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18: Mar 05, 2008 09:55:09 am
      Its amazing what one goal does to people's opinions of a player.......

Ho ho! I was just about to make the same point! It wasn't that long ago I seem to remember many of us being pretty outspoken about Fabio, but in the negative sense! It was a great goal that he scored, a fantastic volley, but that doesn't make him a great player or a fantastic asset to the team... It's always nice when our more defensive players score for us, it can ease the pressure on our forwards, it's always a bonus, but it's not what we expect from Aurelio every match. He should always primarily be judged by what he brings to the team defensively, his tackling, his passing, his overall performance... the odd goal he bangs in, however spectacular, is just the icing on the cake.

That being said, he's a much better player than Riise, who got by for too long due to his occassional "wonderstrike". I would just be happy to see his general play continue to improve as it has over recent weeks. He can become a great player for us, but I don't feel he deserves this amount of praise just yet.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2008 12:30:51 am
      Thought he played rather well tonight, far better than Riise in my opinion!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2008 12:48:24 am
      Super tonight. Riise showed in the derby how good he CAN be though. But i do think he will do in the summer. I would be happy with insua and fabio as out lb's for next season.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Apr 03, 2008 12:59:20 am
      Super tonight. Riise showed in the derby how good he CAN be though. But I do think he will do in the summer. I would be happy with insua and fabio as out lb's for next season.

Riise is good in the heated physical games where most players play with passion rather than brain. But in a game against Arsenal I just feel that his bad awareness would let him down and he'd be chasing shadows all night long.

Aurelio has composure and calmness on the ball, ideal when playing teams such as Arsenal. It helps slow the game down in our favour!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #22: Apr 03, 2008 01:31:19 am
      True. Fabio is like alonso but a defender type. Composed player who knows how to get out of a sticky situation and make time for himself. Slows down the game when he needs to but knows when to get rid of the ball.

Quick Reply