Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result against the Mancs

Win
      82 (75.2%)
      Lose
      4 (3.7%)
      Draw
      15 (13.8%)
      Sit on the fence
      8 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Manchester United v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 22773 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Manchester United v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Mar 16, 2008 04:08:43 pm
      With the run of good form, what we have lacked in the last few years, is someone to put the ball in the back of the net, we now have Torres and Steven G. scoring so well.

Man.U. not playing that well.

Can we beat them next sunday.

I will say YES.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2008 03:20:11 am by redkenny »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool: Preview
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2008 04:13:02 pm
      Bloody sure we can however only if we approach it with the belief we can win. No point going there to hold tight go at the bast**ds put them on the back foot. Masch and Alonso holding with Gerrard in behind Torres Pennant and Babel wide.Put tehem in there place!!L
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2008 04:15:59 pm
      I don't know if this thread is allowed as the answers are only one word ones either yes or no ! ;D
       but my answer is yes !
      hope so anyway because i've predicted 3-1 to us Gerrard, Torres and Masch !
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2008 04:48:46 pm
      A lot depends on the Ref.....and how influenced he is by the scum crowd and players, and how much the red nosed gum chewing moaner has paid him before the game  :f_tongueincheek:
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2008 04:50:22 pm
      A lot depends on the Ref.....and how influenced he is by the scum crowd and players, and how much the red nosed gum chewing moaner has paid him before the game  :f_tongueincheek:
      Rudolph the red nosed chewing gum reindeer is going to have paid the referee?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2008 05:03:04 pm
      sure we can beat them, the squad is there to do it, but it will have to be a close to perfect performance. simply we need to take any chance we get because we will not get many there and we really have to break up their play as much as possible, meaning we need another sterling performance from masch. my real worry is the left-back position, i'd expect ronaldo to be operating predominantly from the right as opposed to playing all across the final 3rd as he has been, it doesn't take a genious to realise that left back is where we can be hurt. saying that, i can see babel doing a good job against wes brown and with torres and gerrard penetrating as well as they have been, vidic and ferdinand might be coming up against their biggest test this season
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2008 05:04:58 pm
      Anyone else think this thread needs a vote on it for fun? Or is it only Donrafael who can ask that? ;)

Anyway, I'd say without a shadow of a doubt yes, we can beat them, given fair refereeing... We should have beaten them at Anfield in a period when we weren't playing our best and weren't killing matches off. At the moment were killing matches off whether we're on top form or not, and I think the lads will want revenge. I don't think Rafa will go into this one trying to get a 0-0 because it isn't his style, and he must know they're too jammy they'd probably sneak one anyway.

I don't think they'll be able to stop Torres scoring, and they will probably use plenty of cover on him leaving a bit more space for the others anyway. I reckon we'll win 2-1.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2008 05:44:59 pm
      Anyone else think this thread needs a vote on it for fun? Or is it only Donrafael who can ask that? ;)

Anyway, I'd say without a shadow of a doubt yes, we can beat them, given fair refereeing... We should have beaten them at Anfield in a period when we weren't playing our best and weren't killing matches off. At the moment were killing matches off whether we're on top form or not, and I think the lads will want revenge. I don't think Rafa will go into this one trying to get a 0-0 because it isn't his style, and he must know they're too jammy they'd probably sneak one anyway.

I don't think they'll be able to stop Torres scoring, and they will probably use plenty of cover on him leaving a bit more space for the others anyway. I reckon we'll win 2-1.

There you go, vote away   ;) :D  Me first - Win for the Reds  ;) ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Mar 16, 2008 05:46:54 pm
      I think I'm going to sit on the fence.

Not being pessimistic but I don't want to be all big headed saying we're going to slaughter them.  We must turn chances in to goals to beat United.  Of late we have been doing it to other teams.  We must make it count against the Mancs.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Mar 16, 2008 05:48:11 pm
      I think I'm going to sit on the fence.

Not being pessimistic but I don't want to be all big headed saying we're going to slaughter them.  We must turn chances in to goals to beat United.  Of late we have been doing it to other teams.  We must make it count against the Mancs.

To put it politely - sh*thouse !!  :lmao:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Mar 16, 2008 05:55:46 pm
      The only way to judge from this is to pretend to be a neutral.
      Being honest I think we'll lose, not because I don't have faith - because I do, but look at our record there.

If we can get a draw there I'll be happy, they have quality all over the pitch, so any sort of result would be a bonus. I hate them more than any other team we come up against, but to underestimate them would be a massive mistake!

I really want us to win, and will keep faith in our team but it's going to be a lot more difficult than many will expect!

I just hope I'm wrong!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Mar 16, 2008 05:57:33 pm
      I'm taking into account their performance yesterday against Derby and our recent form  ;) :D   Win for the Reds  ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Mar 16, 2008 06:00:35 pm
      I'm taking into account their performance yesterday against Derby and our recent form  ;) :D   Win for the Reds  ;D

I bloody hope so ;D
      But in these big games form doesn't usually step into it, but on form we have been the better for sure :)
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #13: Mar 16, 2008 06:35:06 pm
      We have always out-played them on the pitch. The last time we actually played them out of the pitch, but for that goal they scored. We can take these clowns on their home turf. We also need to slow their roll. They managed to win yesterday. We need the three points.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2008 07:09:02 pm by solodee »
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #14: Mar 16, 2008 06:37:14 pm
      I think we can win this one!
      First of all our level of consentration is get better all the time! (Reading excepted)
      We have only to approach the game with the same level of commitment and professionalism as we displayed in the first leg against Inter, and we'll do it at a canter!!
      F**k em, anyway, take the show pony and shriek out of the side and they are distinctly ordinary, I'm sure Rafa will have a well developed strategy to take care of those two pr**k.
      My prediction
      2-0 maybe 2-1
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Mar 16, 2008 06:44:27 pm
      We have always out-played them on the pitch. The last time we actually played them out of the pitch, but for that goal they scored. We can take these clowns on their home turf.
      With you all the way,100%,we have to go into every game with the attitude that we will win.I do not think Manure will have the good luck they had at Anfield,I was surprised the lot of them were not up in court for ROBBERY on that occasion.2-0 to RAFA and his mighty lads, with Ferguson drooling over the performance of TORRES and MASCH.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2008 06:50:09 pm
      I think we will beat them, not getting my hopes up too much but i think we will win.

Going to be confident rather than go on past results, we give them too much credit, we outplay them every game.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2008 06:50:10 pm
      With you all the way,100%,we have to go into every game with the attitude that we will win.I do not think Manure will have the good luck they had at Anfield,I was surprised the lot of them were not up in court for ROBBERY on that occasion.2-0 to RAFA and his mighty lads, with Ferguson drooling over the performance of TORRES and MASCH.

Exactly what i predicted Billy1. Liverpool 2 Man U 0
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2008 06:52:17 pm
      Good thinking. Expect a win people.

Go into a game expecting less than a win thats exactly what your going to get.
      mr.spog
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2008 06:55:34 pm
      The guys Rafa is putting on the pitch at the mo can beat anyone over 180 mins. I reckon it'll take just 90 mins to sort United this time round and then we can look forward to doing it all over again in Moscow...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2008 07:03:41 pm
      Good thinking. Expect a win people.

Go into a game expecting less than a win thats exactly what your going to get.

Nope, that's exactly what the players will get. When your sitting at home and you can't change a result then don't expect a win especially away against the mancs. But if your a football player don't accept less than a win but don't expect a win either.

All I can say is, having faith and believing is better than expecting!

Half time we were 3 - 0 down to AC Milan, I don't think for one second that Thommo was expecting us to win that game after the first half, but he had belief in us and he said "You've gotta believe!’  ‘If you don't believe, you may as well pack it in now!’

So I'm not expecting us to win, but I have belief otherwise like he said back then, if you don't believe then you may as well pack it in now!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2008 07:10:14 pm

We don't though, thats the problem. We might dominate possesion against them, but we don't really outplay them. When they went to the San Siro and lost 3 - 0, thats when they got outplayed!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #22: Mar 16, 2008 07:10:27 pm
      The guys Rafa is putting on the pitch at the mo can beat anyone over 180 mins. I reckon it'll take just 90 mins to sort United this time round and then we can look forward to doing it all over again in Moscow...

???

We're playing Manure in the league.

Quick Reply