Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15308 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)
      May 08, 2008 03:47:52 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has slapped a £15million price tag on England striker Peter Crouch.

And the Anfield chief also revealed that he had held talks with Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill over the potential transfer of midfielder Gareth Barry to Liverpool.

Crouch hinted earlier this week he could be forced to leave Anfield this summer after growing increasingly frustrated with his lack of first-team action.

Benitez accepts that the England international could look to leave in search of regular action but the Spaniard insists he will not be going on the cheap.

Portsmouth have been strongly linked with a move to bring Crouch back to Fratton Park, but Benitez claims he has had no offers for the unsettled forward.

Not unreasonable

"Crouch wants to play every week but knows he must fight it out with Fernando Torres," Benitez said.

"We keep seeing Portsmouth linked with the player but we have had no offer as yet.

"A £15m price tag would not be unreasonable."

Benitez also explained further the pending saga over Barry, and revealed that nothing more will happen until after this weekend's closing round of league matches.

"I have spoken to Martin O'Neill, he knows my ideas," added Benitez.

"But we agreed to wait until the end of the season for any more discussions."
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2008 10:11:37 pm by JD »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Benitez wants £15million for Crouch
      Reply #1: May 08, 2008 04:26:08 pm
      To me it seems like Rafa has had a good chat with Crouch for the best interests of the club and Crouch himself.

Although I've felt sorry for Crouch with his lack of time on the pitch and feeling that he offers us a different dynamic to our attack, I'd be pretty happy with £15m for him.

It's blatent that he's not a big part of Rafa's plans, so it's obvious Crouch is going to be wanting regular games elsewhere. If someone comes in with the right offer, then I guess everyone will be happy apart from the big Crouch admirers.

I just hope we stick to that price tag because Crouch has become a better player in his Liverpool days. Looks like the ball's in Pompey's court.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: May 08, 2008 04:29:01 pm
      15 million would be brillant for Crouch considering we signed him for 8/9 mil.

Still don't want him to leave but he's looking after his best interests and I think Rafa knows that so we'll have to accept it.

15 mil would also help to finance deals for new players.
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #3: May 08, 2008 04:29:12 pm
      To me it seems like Rafa has had a good chat with Crouch for the best interests of the club and Crouch himself.

Although I've felt sorry for Crouch with his lack of time on the pitch and feeling that he offers us a different dynamic to our attack, I'd be pretty happy with £15m for him.

It's blatent that he's not a big part of Rafa's plans, so it's obvious Crouch is going to be wanting regular games elsewhere. If someone comes in with the right offer, then I guess everyone will be happy apart from the big Crouch admirers.

I just hope we stick to that price tag because Crouch has become a better player in his Liverpool days. Looks like the ball's in Pompey's court.

We'll be doubling our money. Good bit of business even though I would of liked to have seen him stay.

Lets hope he scores a hat trick against Spurs and lets the Portsmouths and the Aston Villas that he is worth £15million+.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: May 08, 2008 04:51:17 pm
      £15 Million?  How could we say no if a bid did come in?

But I think it's more of a hands off approach.  Only the most serious clubs that desperately want his services will bid. 

We're no F***ing push overs and it's about time we stood our ground in the market.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: May 08, 2008 04:54:05 pm
      15m is an excellent price and Crouch is probably good enough to carry the price. That sort of money would go a long way to further investments to our squad for next year, so let's hope Portsmouth want it.
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #6: May 08, 2008 04:55:34 pm
      £15 Million?  How could we say no if a bid did come in?

But I think it's more of a hands off approach.  Only the most serious clubs that desperately want his services will bid. 

We're no F***ing push overs and it's about time we stood our ground in the market.

As someone said in another thread before. If MON says Barry is worth £15million+ for being an england international than Crouch (england international too, if not more of an accomplished england international) should be worth the same.
      eggsterlfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #7: May 08, 2008 05:09:21 pm
      15 mil for crouch would be good sad to see him leave but you couldnt reject 15 mil espeically if the funds are tight need to bring in quality new signings
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: May 08, 2008 05:48:35 pm
      well in Rafa. Im sick of our club selling players on the cheap. Last season Darren Bent went to Spurs for 16 million so that to me means Crouch is great value at 15 million. Id rather he stayed but wont blame the lad for leaving
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #9: May 08, 2008 06:17:31 pm
      Crouch has been told if he wants a game at Liverpool he has to fight it out with Torres. In other words, benitez has completely ruled out the possibility of Crouch playing alongside Torres up front. This formation would in my view give the team a more attacking approach, one which could make the difference between 4th and winning the league.
      If Benitez has really told Crouch its out of him and Torres, then there is no doubt whatsoever Crouch is leaving.
      With 60-70 matches to played in a season going into it with just one class striker is tactically suicide.
      Imagine Torres does a knee injury early in the year, whats plan b?  and dont say Dirk Kuyt, or I will know you are winding me up. How much time has been given to Torres and Crouch to form a partnership? When you need more wins, less draws, and more goals, why is this not a tactic worth persuing.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: May 08, 2008 06:48:06 pm
      Crouch has been told if he wants a game at Liverpool he has to fight it out with Torres. In other words, benitez has completely ruled out the possibility of Crouch playing alongside Torres up front. This formation would in my view give the team a more attacking approach, one which could make the difference between 4th and winning the league.
      If Benitez has really told Crouch its out of him and Torres, then there is no doubt whatsoever Crouch is leaving.
      With 60-70 matches to played in a season going into it with just one class striker is tactically suicide.
      Imagine Torres does a knee injury early in the year, whats plan b?  and dont say Dirk Kuyt, or I will know you are winding me up. How much time has been given to Torres and Crouch to form a partnership? When you need more wins, less draws, and more goals, why is this not a tactic worth persuing.

Sooo a bid for £15 million comes in for crouch your telling me that you would say no ta!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #11: May 08, 2008 07:45:38 pm
      Definately a good price for him and he's worth it.
      Ill be sad to see him go but as said before he wants first team footie. Cant see voronin staying either and with Rafas rotation that means Im pretty sure that Rafas got his eyes on another striker or maybe using babel upfront next season.
      Shame but if an offer came in for that we cant really say no
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: May 08, 2008 07:49:06 pm
      This is idiocy! We know that Crouch isn't worth £15m no way. He's worth no more than £8m in my opinion so £10m would be pushing it.

For £15m you could buy much better talents out there...

And then we expect to sign Gareth Barry for just £10m... ok then.
      03eckersleys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -7 
      • Torres=God
      Reply #13: May 08, 2008 07:58:04 pm
      I agree completley crouch isn't worth 15 million no club in there right mind would pay that sum of money for a player of his ability
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #14: May 08, 2008 08:39:40 pm
      I agree completley crouch isn't worth 15 million no club in there right mind would pay that sum of money for a player of his ability

See that's where I don't agree with our own manager. He expects to land a very good player in Gareth Barry for £10m and then expects £15m for Peter Crouch. Sorry but it's not very respectable and I think as we are a respectable club we should respect others in that sense.

I love Rafa, I just feel that he looks down on other clubs far too much!
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #15: May 08, 2008 08:46:50 pm
      I think Crouch is worth the price tag of 15 million.

a) He is a striker that can deliver 20 goals a season,

b) He is a player that has very good ball control + Very versatile.

c) Anyone who wants him must sweat to have him.

I believe Crouch is unable to stay because he feels it's gonna be hard to compete with Torres. I'm not impressed with that attitude. A world class striker should be able to compete and fight for the No. 1 spot.

What does Crouch look like opting to voluntarily leave Liverpool FC for an average club so as to be able to play regularly? That is like being a gorilla amongst monkeys when you can be a gorilla amongst gorillas!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #16: May 08, 2008 09:19:42 pm
      Haha im suprised people dont understand the crouch price tag.

Its called not wanting to sell a player but if he has to go we make sure we get a fair amount. All the smaller teams moan when we go for their players and try to price us out of buying them, so we do the same, works both ways. If teams want to price us out of moves for players we can do it too.

Rafa doesnt even want crouch to leave hence the huge price tag.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      Reply #17: May 08, 2008 09:26:11 pm
      Haha im suprised people dont understand the crouch price tag.

Its called not wanting to sell a player but if he has to go we make sure we get a fair amount. All the smaller teams moan when we go for their players and try to price us out of buying them, so we do the same, works both ways. If teams want to price us out of moves for players we can do it too.

Rafa doesnt even want crouch to leave hence the huge price tag.

c) Anyone who wants him must sweat to have him.

That was why I included the option 'C', 'Anyone who wants him must sweat to have him.
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #18: May 08, 2008 10:09:40 pm
      When you think of Bent going for 16m last season,I don't think Rafa is being unrealistic asking 15 for crouch.As Brian78 said earlier, it would be a good deal.Voronin needs to be sold as well,but don't know what we'd get for him. That would leave us 2 strikers less, so I'd be happy to bring in an experienced player like Henry and give Nemeth a chance. This would give us a good blend of youth,speed and class with Torres, Kuyt, Henry, Nemeth & Babel
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: May 08, 2008 10:25:49 pm
      This is idiocy! We know that Crouch isn't worth £15m no way. He's worth no more than £8m in my opinion so £10m would be pushing it.

For £15m you could buy much better talents out there...

And then we expect to sign Gareth Barry for just £10m... ok then.

But small clubs like Pompey would be prepared to splash the cash to desperately obtain his services.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #20: May 09, 2008 12:47:45 am
      I don't think anyone is going to be mad enough to splash £15m on Peter Crouch when you can get two or maybe three foreign players of his quality together for that price!
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #21: May 09, 2008 12:56:00 am
      A bit pricey if you ask me but, price tagging him indicates that there is someone in the pipe line , i like crouchy i think as a club we have improved his game no end especially his touch , i think his price will go towards a top striker coming to anfield , i hope its berbatov  ;)
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      Reply #22: May 09, 2008 01:22:04 am

Rafa Benitez is probably looking to Santa Cruz to partner with Torres.

Quick Reply