Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Diego Cavalieri (Liverpool -> Cesena)

Read 27574 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Diego Cavalieri (Liverpool -> Cesena)
      Jul 11, 2008 12:24:51 pm
      Just been confirmed that we have signed him, undisclosed fee, lets hope he does well!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160491080711-1129.htm

Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri from Brazilian outfit Palmeiras.
      The 25-year-old has penned a four-year contract with the Reds and will act as understudy to Pepe Reina in the Liverpool goal.

After becoming the third major arrival at Anfield over the summer, Cavalieri - who was born in Brazil but holds an Italian passport - is now looking forward to the chance of establishing himself in the Premier League.

"I know it won't be easy to get into the team," he told Liverpoolfc.tv in his first interview since arriving in England. "I watched some Liverpool games in both the Premier League and Champions League last year and I know Pepe is a very good goalkeeper. But everyone has to fight for their place and I'm sure we will have a healthy rivalry.

"I know I will have to be patient and work very hard to achieve my aims – but it is always like that when you come from another country. You have to adapt inside and outside of the pitch and get used to the way things work. But with hard work you get there.

"My confidence has got me where I am today and maybe people are aware of what I did at Palmeiras in Brazil. I am sure that one day I can get the number one position but that will only come with hard work."

Cavalieri, who cites countrymen Taffarel and Marcos as his role models, admits he hasn't had much time to dwell on his dream move to Europe, with everything happening in the space of a week.

Despite the haste in which his life has been turned upside down, the shot-stopper claims he didn't hesitate to pack up his gloves once Liverpool showed an interest.

"I feel very privileged and happy to have signed for Liverpool because everyone knows they are one of the top clubs in the world," he explained. "The name 'Liverpool' is known all around the world. It's an honour to wear this shirt.

"It was a dream for me to come to Europe, though I was taken aback by how quickly everything happened. It's all been sorted out in one week.

"But I have been given a very good welcome from my teammates and the manager, so I'm very happy to be here. I just hope I can respond to all this.

"Rafa and I spoke for a long time on the day I arrived. He explained to me how the football is here and the differences from Brazil. He also talked to me about the responsibilities of representing a club like Liverpool."

Cavalieri is now the third Brazilian at Melwood alongside Fabio Aurelio and Lucas.

The pair have already offered their services in helping the new boy settle into the English way of life – not that the move to Europe is as daunting as it once was.

Ever increasing numbers of South Americans are now cutting their teeth in the Premier League, a trend Cavalieri doesn't expect to change.

He explained: "I had an opportunity to talk to Lucas and Fabio when I arrived and they have welcomed me with open arms. They said that if there is anything I need they will help me. I'm very pleased that I'll be playing alongside some Brazilians.

"I think the quality of the Brazilian players means they can come to Europe. Every day you hear about new players coming through. Also, the European market is very strong and it's very difficult for the Brazilian market to compete."

Well come to Anfield Diego!
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 06:26:50 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Re: Diego Cavalieri - Player thread
      Reply #1: Jul 11, 2008 12:28:09 pm
      Good luck to the lad.

Before anyone else says it...what number :D (i did predict number 1)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #2: Jul 11, 2008 12:48:00 pm
      Yeah i agree it will most likely be number 1. He had 13 in the pictures but im guessing it will change.

Good luck to him not that he will need it. Nice to see he got a warm welcome from the players and rafa and that he is being helped to settle in by Lucas and Aurelio.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jul 11, 2008 12:59:44 pm
      Now that we have signed a sub keeper, anyone else think that Carson will be part of a deal with Villa that sees Barry coming to Anfield?

Surely would be the most sensible option?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4: Jul 11, 2008 01:29:57 pm
      Now that we have signed a sub keeper, anyone else think that Carson will be part of a deal with Villa that sees Barry coming to Anfield?

Surely would be the most sensible option?

we've already offered them Carson I think and Villa weren't interested :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Jul 11, 2008 02:04:01 pm
      Good luck Diego, Hope you settle well.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jul 11, 2008 03:55:57 pm

Welcome to Liverpool  :laugh:

Hope he works out and show quality when he gets the shot to
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2778 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Jul 11, 2008 04:02:37 pm
      Welcome on board Diego. Now make sure you keep Pepe on his toes and we will be happy with that!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jul 11, 2008 04:13:50 pm
      Yep, welcome to our new goalie. Looking forward to watching him play.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #9: Jul 11, 2008 04:38:46 pm
      From what the Brazilian people on the forum have said about this guy, he sounds really good. And a good piece of busyness at 3 mio pounds.

My only fear is that the price tags on Carson and Itandje could drop now that we have secured a new 2.nd goalie allready.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jul 11, 2008 05:06:08 pm
      thank you, guys.

oh, you werent talking to me? :( haha

so nice to have a Diego at Liverpool! and he is a very good player, welcome Cavalieri.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #11: Jul 11, 2008 05:45:56 pm
      where does this leave Martin? Loan or flog him this summer?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Jul 11, 2008 09:56:01 pm
      where does this leave Martin? Loan or flog him this summer?

i would have thought he will just be loaned out as opposed to being sold because he looks like one for the future
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #13: Jul 11, 2008 10:57:41 pm
      i would have thought he will just be loaned out as opposed to being sold because he looks like one for the future

Agree with that but with this new lad signing a four year deal at the age of 25 and Reina still in his mid 20s, David Martin's future may not be at Anfield. He'll be playin number 3 for a while.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2008 12:40:28 am
      I say Martin goes out on loan and during that shows he can play well enough that another club will come in and buy him next season. Sort of what happen to Guthrie this season when he went to Bolton on loan knowing he would have brutal time getting into the squad with Gerrard, Alonso, Javi, Momo and Lucas. He did well enough and shown his quality and now he got a good move to Newcastle.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Jul 12, 2008 05:13:27 pm
      I don't know if this is the right thread to post it, but Diego's wife is a model... take a look :)

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Times/Palmeiras/0,,MUL583277-9872,00-ESPOSA+DE+CAVALIERI+FAZ+ENSAIO+SENSUAL.html

you have to respect the man :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #16: Jul 13, 2008 07:01:34 pm
      I don't know if this is the right thread to post it, but Diego's wife is a model... take a look :)

Hate him already. ;)

Anybody else think with all the calamity of him not having his shoelaces etc tied yesterday that we might have got ourselves a new Brucie?
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 13, 2008 10:34:16 pm

Hate him already. ;)

Anybody else think with all the calamity of him not having his shoelaces etc tied yesterday that we might have got ourselves a new Brucie?
                 Wouldn't mind seeing her bend over to tie her laces :action-smiley-055:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18: Jul 13, 2008 11:47:23 pm
      She should be in the hot woman thread :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2008 12:27:25 am
      Page 1 of his thread and there's already slobbering over his missus.

Shocking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2008 12:32:51 am
      Page 1 of his thread and there's already slobbering over his missus.

Shocking.

Your not complaining though are you ;) :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2008 12:49:58 am
      Your not complaining though are you ;) :D

We should really be more interested in HIS ball handling skills.

Didn't have much to do against the Rovers did he.  If he can learn how to tie his own laces he could be a hot prospect.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2008 12:51:44 am
      What's all this about him not being able to tie his laces? Did he have his goalie gloves on or something?

Quick Reply