Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Will We Go Through The League Unbeaten?

Read 7619 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Will We Go Through The League Unbeaten?
      Reply #23: Oct 29, 2008 01:00:49 am
      I think Hull might give us a hard time. There one of those boogey team. Like remember we used to lose to teams like West Ham, Southampton and others..

Initially, Chelsae away should be much more difficult than Chelsea at Anfield. We have won the one at Stamford Bridge, let's hope we win the Anfield one too :)

I just want to win the league. The season Arsenal went unbeaten, they drew 12 games and won 26.
      12 is the number of games we drew last season but we had 4 losses.

But if you want to see a real unbeaten team, i guess the other cup competitions should be included.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #24: Oct 29, 2008 01:04:31 am

I wouldn't go as far as saying No Chance, but I think its unlikely.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Oct 29, 2008 08:31:54 am
      It would be nice to go through every league match unbeaten but its a big ask,even for RAFA and the MIGHTY REDS.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #26: Oct 29, 2008 10:38:04 am
      he he silly question...of course not, you have to be very v eryh lucky for this to happen, and we havent had luck through the years...dont mind though as long as we win one of the big 2
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #27: Oct 29, 2008 02:52:43 pm
      I think it is a possibility but hey, we haven't played hull yet and i'm not looking forward to that game. :)
      Any of the top  teams i think can go unbeaten just like arse did a few years back, you just need a good start and to go about 20 - 25 games unbeaten. Then you can start thinking about it. But 1 bad thing about having a huge unbeaten run is that when it ends it can put you on a major downer so don't be surprised to see chelsea drop a few points in the weeks to come. Remember when manure ended arse's unbeaten run on 49 games and they lost their way in the title race.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Oct 29, 2008 06:11:29 pm
      Btw just to clear up that aint me who's saying no chance ;D. I think its unlikely but nobody though arsenal would do it either.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Oct 29, 2008 06:14:19 pm
      no chance
      still have hard games left including citeh manure arse chelski

not for me.

Some city fan has obviously decided to F**k about with my user name and that and is writing negative comments so i aint going to write a new post in this name again so if somebody does from now on then just ignore it. why on earth would i say city is a hard game still to play when we're going to brush them aside :S:S:S whoever's doing it then grow up
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30: Oct 29, 2008 06:23:43 pm
      Well who can beat us atm, im not making a prediction here as long we finish top idc if we loose a few games
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: Oct 29, 2008 06:35:20 pm
       Well we only lost 3 last season ,But drew a lot and we finished 4th
        its difficult to end the season unbeaten for any team
         I'am not saying we will BUT at the moment LIVERPOOL are the only one that can do this as they are the  only unbeaten  team in the premiereship... so ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #32: Oct 29, 2008 10:11:10 pm
      It is possible and after tonight against Portsmouth, if we can win against a packed defence, with a weakened side and playing well below our capabilities, we seem to have got over the Stoke syndrome, JUST.  Then we can do it.
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Unbeaten Run
      Reply #33: Oct 29, 2008 10:34:03 pm
      As far as I can see (correct me if im wrong) but liverpool are unbeaten in thier last 17 premiership games....How long do you think this will continue?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #34: Oct 29, 2008 11:28:42 pm
      As far as I can see (correct me if im wrong) but liverpool are unbeaten in thier last 17 premiership games....How long do you think this will continue?

at least 50 games, fact. (well my opinion so it'll be proved later on to be fact ;) :D)
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 29, 2008 11:38:20 pm
      we have to go to spurs on saturday, which even tho they've taken 2 points from arsenal tonight, perhaps they are finally getting their tails up! having watched the higlights arsenal should've finished the game off. we also suffer from that that problem, i think it will be tough on saturday
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2008 02:41:08 am
      we have to go to spurs on saturday, which even tho they've taken 2 points from arsenal tonight, perhaps they are finally getting their tails up!

I think it is the type of wild stuff that only a local derby can bring with it. I hope we can have Torres fit to start because they still look shambles at the back.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #37: Oct 30, 2008 09:43:49 am
      In my humble opinion.......not a snowball in Hells chance!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2008 11:41:42 am
      Havent read one post because i've tuned in too late but its ridiculous to even be talking of this after a quarter of the season is completed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2008 12:02:15 pm
      after last nights performace i have seroius doubts.
      we need to start killing of teams with some serious work rate in the first half and goals.
      cant rely on opposition players getting sent off or deflections and peneltys. :f_steam:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2008 12:15:53 pm
      after last nights performace I have seroius doubts.
      we need to start killing of teams with some serious work rate in the first half and goals.
      cant rely on opposition players getting sent off or deflections and peneltys. :f_steam:
      You have your serious doubts mate you are entitled to your own opinion. we did not have best team out there and was playing against 10 defenders and Portsmouth arnt a bad side. and we won.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #41: Oct 30, 2008 12:38:29 pm
      You have your serious doubts mate you are entitled to your own opinion. we did not have best team out there and was playing against 10 defenders and Portsmouth arnt a bad side. and we won.

thats the point! when the mancs and chavs make changes you hardley notice them.
      to play against a team like pompey you have to start with your strong eleven @ home and go for the kill,make anfield what it was the most feared place to play. all the hard work would have been a waste if we drew and that would just change the mind set of the players and bring more pressure on the team.
      we need to start hammering the message that we are here to stay at the top.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #42: Oct 30, 2008 12:41:31 pm
      We won with 4 changes, good enough. But I don't want to go unbeaten in the league by drawing games. We must play to win and not play to not lose.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #43: Oct 30, 2008 02:13:56 pm
      We won with 4 changes, good enough. But I don't want to go unbeaten in the league by drawing games. We must play to win and not play to not lose.

we've drawn twice mate. One at Villa where we wanted a draw from the off and one against Stoke where we did everything but score. Every other game this year we've won in the league and it's been because we have went to win (allbeit a bit late at City). There hasn't been a game this season other than the Villa game where we've accepted a draw.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2008 04:10:06 pm by dunlop_liddell_shankly »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #44: Oct 30, 2008 04:08:43 pm
      THE ONLY ONES TO DEFEAT US THIS SEASON WILL US.
      WE CANT AFFORD TO SLIP UP,WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC AND WE WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO DEFEND OUR 18 TITLES AND CLAIM OUR 19TH.

Y N W A
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Oct 30, 2008 04:57:13 pm
      Till now it is possible but v.v hard that we go through the league unbeaten.

Quick Reply