Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The huge Anfield problem

Read 310907 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2093: Mar 26, 2015 12:02:25 pm
      The atmosphere in Anfield, and most Premier League grounds, has gone forever I feel.

Simply because football as many if us know it has gone forever as well.

Far too many people treat going to the game as something to tell their mates about rather than being there for the correct reasons.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2094: Mar 26, 2015 12:24:41 pm
      85% of home season tickets should be in the hands of Scousers IMO.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2095: Mar 26, 2015 12:31:33 pm

I cant and wont argue that... I gladly fight over the remaining 15%
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2096: Mar 26, 2015 12:33:52 pm

In theory I'd agree Beer but I'm sure there are more than a handful of scousers who contribute to the sh*te atmosphere in their own way.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #2097: Mar 26, 2015 01:14:26 pm
      :lmao:

I bought one for the 2001 league cup final v Birmingham. And then another for the FA cup final v Arsenal too.

I was only 12 or 13 and back then I collected anything LFC related like programmes, old shirts that I had signed by players, badges, ticket stubs etc. My bedroom was full of them. So I asked my dad to buy me them as a souvenir to go up on my wall basically.

Never wore them for a match, didn't even wear them at Cardiff already had my own scarf on, it was just a present/reminder for me really. They are in my loft now with the other boxes of sh*te I've collected over the years.

When my son is old enough to go the match and if we are lucky enough to go a cup final or an away game in Europe then Id buy him a halfy half scarf if he wanted one too, just to show off to his mates really and go up in his room.

But wearing them at the match and especially at Anfield is a big no no. Its horrible seeing halfy half scarves with a team that play in blue being held up in the Kop!

I dont think there is any issue collecting memories of certain games its just the sight of them damn things around the ground being worn by the tourist brigade that grinds the gears I cant imagine any genuine full blooded red sitting there with the manc half of his scarf proudly on display should  be booted out the ground with a dont return stamp on their head.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2098: Mar 26, 2015 01:35:17 pm
      In theory I'd agree Beer but I'm sure there are more than a handful of scousers who contribute to the sh*te atmosphere in their own way.

Certainly.

My dad is in his early fifties. He goes the match every week but never sings or anything like that. He will occasionally shout at a ref or a linesman but that's about as much as you get from him.

He never goes in the Kop and he actually thinks its the worst place in the ground to sit and he wouldn't dream of holding a scarf up at the match either.

I've asked him why hes a boring tw*t and he says 'I did all that in my teens and twenties'. So I've told him to sit at home and watch the match on the telly instead but he just enjoys going the match, sitting with a cup of tea and watch live football. So if we gave 85% of season tickets to guys like my dad (in my opinion he is worthy of a ticket too, he has been following Liverpool home and away his whole life), the atmosphere would be shi**er than it is now!

Standing sections, putting tickets on sale at the ground rather than online, maybe even an under 30 section  :lmao: , stuff like that would help the atmosphere.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2099: Mar 26, 2015 01:40:44 pm
      I have a half/half scarf that a mate gave me.  It's from the FA Cup game that we lost against Barnsley, he's a Barnsley fan and was at the game.  He only gave it to me to wind me up because we lost and it's never been out of the house. 

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #2100: Mar 26, 2015 05:01:59 pm
      How can anyone possibly be surprised?
      Werner talked sh*te about us having "560 million fans". Read the Echo article on it.

Fans need to ask the question, "what is the cause?". And "what can we do about it?".

Cue the online half+half scarf brigade saying  Werner is a great bloke.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2101: Mar 26, 2015 05:12:51 pm

Honestly you must be slightly unhinged

You throw sh*te around about people... Us.... Reds.... Giving a fook about FSG when the truth is we are not bothered about them whatsoever on the whole.. Yet when people say literally anything you call them FSG fans or suggest that they our people in Boston.. Grow up

Now let's try again

We don't give a F**k about FSG.. We support Liverpool and most don't give two fucks about the owners

If you read back which you never do you will see, the constant accusations from you that we all like them is unfounded, boring and frankly makes you the one who is here with an agenda that you won't acheive because for the most part all we care about is what happens on the pitch

A lot of match going reds are on record here saying the match going/Thomas Cook/Halfy half crowd are adding nothing to us and simply confuse us.. Yet you come on and accuse us 'online brigade' of standing aside and backing it

You couldn't make it up you tiresome child

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2102: Mar 26, 2015 05:22:10 pm
      John Henry must have sh*t in your cornflakes or something Plant!
      PD is right, nobody (except Hollywood Balls) could give a flying F**k about FSG in reality, they're not supporters, they're business men we know that, but like it or not they're here for the long haul.
      Try to talk football for a change, it'll take your mind off JWH!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #2103: Mar 26, 2015 07:04:38 pm
      Honestly you must be slightly unhinged

Pot and kettle... again.

You start crying about how the atmosphere is sh*te. Wow! Someone's gonna tell me the pope's a Catholic next.

Do you have any explanation for why the atomosphere is sh*te Any solution? NOPE

Perhaps the Halfandhalfs could sing Liverpool songs one half, and Manc ones the next? Is that your bright idea?

No. You're just gonna keep crying. And being a blert with supporters who ARE actually looking at it from a contructive, problem solving point of view.

John Henry must have sh*t in your cornflakes or something Plant!

Someone must've sh*t in your head more like.
      The thread is about sh*t atmosphere. Like your mate all you want to do is cry about it. You won't ask why, and you certainly won't offer any solutions.  But even more, you've gotta bi*ch about someone who tries. Pathetic. Now get your head back in the sand. (Or up H'wood's arse?)

:roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #2104: Mar 26, 2015 07:26:04 pm
      How can anyone possibly be surprised?
      Werner talked sh*te about us having "560 million fans". Read the Echo article on it.

Fans need to ask the question, "what is the cause?". And "what can we do about it?".

Can only agree, a consequence of the nondescript, unanimous, universal brand our owners promote vigorously.
      Fans protesting about ticket prices etc are as inconsequential while matchday finances continue to soar.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2105: Mar 26, 2015 07:56:41 pm

Someone must've sh*t in your head more like.
      The thread is about sh*t atmosphere. Like your mate all you want to do is cry about it. You won't ask why, and you certainly won't offer any solutions.  But even more, you've gotta bi*ch about someone who tries. Pathetic. Now get your head back in the sand. (Or up H'wood's arse?)

:roll:
      Yes your solution of boycotting Anfield, is the perfect solution to the lack of atmosphere!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2106: Mar 26, 2015 10:35:02 pm

I'm not crying about anything, I'm simply giving an opinion as I'm fully aware that I can't do anything about the ownership of the club. I just want to support it.. That's what my auld fella passed on to me.. Not getting into a stroke enducing campaign over f**k all

So what the f**k are you doing about it or any other of the issues around the club you moan about than simply that?

You just continue your boring copy and paste sh*te all over the forum boring the sh*te out of everyone

So what constructive are youdoing?

Enlighten us..

Come on I'm intrigued about what you are actually doing to improve the club and rid us of these types of owners

What's your campaign.. How's it going

how is your campaign of sending vile PM's going?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2107: Mar 26, 2015 11:05:34 pm
      how is your campaign of sending vile PM's going?

Welcome back Walt. :roll:

As I said earlier I think this is a topic that is almost beyond the point of discussion as I really see no way back in football in the future especially in terms of atmosphere inside the ground.

Someone made a point about their auld fella going to the game ans just sitting watching and not 'taking part' and I think this is fair enough as those guys who have been going deserve their spot in the ground but with ticket prices as they are we probably don't get, and some of you locals might now better than me, the kids and teenagers going to the game regularly and sitting together to help build up that atmosphere.

RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #2108: Mar 31, 2015 11:11:53 pm

Do you have any explanation for why the atomosphere is sh*te Any solution? NOPE

This entire thread, every single page of it, is literally dedicated to identifying why the atmosphere is sh*t and what can be done about it you moron.

You are an absolute bore, you post about the owners all day long, but please tell me what it is that you are actually doing to actively rid us of them aside from posting on Internet forums?
      lanester28
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts | -1 
      Reply #2109: Apr 21, 2015 11:54:34 pm
      Just something that was on my mind at Wembley on Sunday... the Villa fans! They were awesome throughout and created a wall of noise for much of the game. Now much of our crowd would have been members/season ticket holders etc... I would therefore assume that these are the fans that the so called 'day trippers' and 'quiet fans' are taking the place of to create this 'problem' at Anfield. However, my point being that we were outsung for the majority of Sunday. Surely the 30-odd thousand fans there would have been the 'loudest' we have on offer. therefore I would perhaps suggest that this isn't just an 'Anfield' problem?...just a thought.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #2110: Apr 22, 2015 01:21:34 pm
      Just something that was on my mind at Wembley on Sunday... the Villa fans! They were awesome throughout and created a wall of noise for much of the game. Now much of our crowd would have been members/season ticket holders etc... I would therefore assume that these are the fans that the so called 'day trippers' and 'quiet fans' are taking the place of to create this 'problem' at Anfield. However, my point being that we were outsung for the majority of Sunday. Surely the 30-odd thousand fans there would have been the 'loudest' we have on offer. therefore I would perhaps suggest that this isn't just an 'Anfield' problem?...just a thought.

It's a massive problem up and down the country with local fans from premier league teams being replaced with the johnny come lately day trippers who will spend shitloads in the club store and will be armed with at least two i-phones to record the match.

Basically our fanbase has been taken over by middle class bellends. This is F***ing Liverpool, a working class city not F***ing Surrey, Anfield should be like one of those F***ing mad turkish grounds not like Twickenham or Lords.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2111: Apr 22, 2015 01:24:30 pm

Basically our fanbase has been taken over by middle class bellends. This is f**king Liverpool, a working class city not f**king Surrey, Anfield should be like one of those f**king mad turkish grounds not like Twickenham or Lords.

Bang on Huyton, need more pyro's ;D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2112: Apr 22, 2015 01:31:08 pm
      Basically our fanbase has been taken over by middle class bellends. This is F***ing Liverpool, a working class city not F***ing Surrey, Anfield should be like one of those F***ing mad turkish grounds not like Twickenham or Lords.

Agree HR.

As you know I'm not from Liverpool but would class myself as an old school supporter.

I've seen you mention the fans at the games a couple of times now. Am I right in thinking there us growing unrest with some of the locals about the amount of 'new' football fans at the games?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #2113: Apr 22, 2015 03:07:29 pm
      Agree HR.

As you know I'm not from Liverpool but would class myself as an old school supporter.

I've seen you mention the fans at the games a couple of times now. Am I right in thinking there us growing unrest with some of the locals about the amount of 'new' football fans at the games?

Very true, we've always had 'wools' but they like yourself are old school and know the score and also aware what's acceptable and what isn't to sing ;D.

I don't know about unrest, but there is definitely that feeling that our support is far too sanitised now. And a whole generation of young lads from the area have been priced out from attending.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2114: Apr 22, 2015 03:19:34 pm
      And a whole generation of young lads from the area have been priced out from attending.

This is the biggest problem for me looking forward.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #2115: Apr 22, 2015 03:40:02 pm
      This entire thread, every single page of it, is literally dedicated to identifying why the atmosphere is sh*t and what can be done about it you moron.

You are an absolute bore, you post about the owners all day long, but please tell me what it is that you are actually doing to actively rid us of them aside from posting on Internet forums?

Probably start by stopping having sellout "fans" like you attending.

Quick Reply