Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311057 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2116: Apr 22, 2015 06:24:41 pm
      My family is from Wirral, but I've always lived in Cambridgeshire. I'm a long time supporter, but no local or regular to Anfield. I take my daughter with me when can afford to go, but as it's nearly £200 for train tickets that's not often. But last time we went, atmosphere was good and friendly, if not rocking. But we enjoyed it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2117: Apr 22, 2015 10:04:38 pm
      Very true, we've always had 'wools' but they like yourself are old school and know the score and also aware what's acceptable and what isn't to sing ;D.

I don't know about unrest, but there is definitely that feeling that our support is far too sanitised now. And a whole generation of young lads from the area have been priced out from attending.
      Ive always thought that there should be x amount of walk up tickets for local kids to go the game , wether anyone wants to admit it or not the famous atmosphere everyone talks about was largely made by locals , and not your overseas camera snapper .
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #2118: Apr 23, 2015 05:53:31 am
      the famous atmosphere everyone talks about was largely made by locals , and not your overseas camera snapper

Exactly, there's always been oversea's fans at Anfield especially from Scandinavia etc but the majority always seemed to immerse themselves in the traditions of the club and the match day culture of Liverpool supporters. These modern day tourists are totally different, they seem to be there maybe to see individual players not support the club. Some of the things I've heard the last season or so are shocking including people asking "Which one is the Kop"? and "Whats 96"?!!!!

A disgrace!!!!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2119: Apr 27, 2015 12:55:29 pm
      the only problem is we are not winning anything or challenging for the title and that's it, look at how the ground was buzzing on the approach to the ground with the flares etc

the players fed off that positive energy and performed on the pitch. now there are no massive amounts of fans cheering the boys into the ground with flares singing and chanting like last season so they feed off that negative engergy

we only have ourselves to blame why arent every home games like last season were on the approach to the game was mental and in the ground rocking, because if it was im sure we would play better and win things its all our own fault we sit there moaning at the games if a pass is miss placed and its so negative at the moment even on here we are all at each others throats slagging each other off.
      we need to start next season like we end last year cheering the team into the ground with flares and bouncing in the ground as it helps the team.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2120: May 19, 2015 02:19:35 pm
      Was in the upper centenary for Saturday's game.  Went down at half time to go the toilet and there was a 'fan' on the concourse asking if Palace had equalised.

He had a Palace-LFC halfy-halfy on if that helps paint a picture.

Apart from the last minute of the game and just before kick off the atmosphere at Anfield was shocking on Saturday.  From the sounds of it those at the back of the Kop have already given up.  It's a real shame to see what has happened to the inside of our football stadiums over the past 15 years.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2121: May 19, 2015 02:20:51 pm
      Was in the upper centenary for Saturday's game.  Went down at half time to go the toilet and there was a 'fan' on the concourse asking if Palace had equalised.

Apart from the last minute of the game and just before kick off the atmosphere at Anfield was shocking on Saturday.  From the sounds of it those at the back of the Kop have already given up.  It's a real shame to see what has happened to the inside of our football stadiums over the past 15 years.

It is a shame JD and irreversible I feel.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #2122: May 19, 2015 02:51:35 pm

Kop was swamped with absolute embarrassments, mostly in the new shirt and halfy-halfy scarves and don't forget the the obvious I-phone to record every single thing that happeness during the day and game.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2123: May 19, 2015 02:51:46 pm

it was my first trip to anfield for nearly 20 years, but Im not taking the blame for Saturday!! ;)

I heard a lot off stick for Raheem though...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2124: May 19, 2015 02:53:04 pm
      Kop was swamped with absolute embarrassments, mostly in the new shirt and halfy-halfy scarves and don't forget the the obvious I-phone to record every single thing that happeness during the day and game.

I will never understand what people expect to do with those shitty phone videos of a football match.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2125: May 19, 2015 03:18:18 pm
      This is the biggest problem for me looking forward.

I dont think even mystic Meg knows what our future holds. All I can see is a summer of sub par signings.James Milner and Danny Inngs what is the point really.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2126: May 19, 2015 03:19:08 pm

I was in the lower centenary sorry I missed ya HR... could of had that pint!! ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2127: May 19, 2015 03:55:30 pm
      I heard a lot off stick for Raheem though...

Not surprised.  Think he turned and gestured to the lower corner of the Kop at one point towards the end.  One of the dives he did late on was ridiculous though when we had a good chance of getting a goal.

Palace fans were singing 'You're just a sh*t Steven Gerrard' to Jordan Henderson and whilst I may have thought they had a point there were a large number of fans in our stand clapping at it.

Best supporters in the land.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,227 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2128: May 19, 2015 06:11:06 pm
      Probably start by stopping having sellout "fans" like you attending.

Did you not post in another thread that you give your ticket to ' day trippers ' to show your anger at the owners. Some sellout fan in the crowd probably got your ticket
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2129: May 19, 2015 06:26:23 pm
      Probably start by stopping having sellout "fans" like you attending.

Like I said, you're a bore. I'm strongly against the owners and their policy, but to be frank, you're pathetic. Insult anyone who counters your view by calling them 'FSG fanboys' or 'sellouts'.
      Quinccy
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      • Match goer
      Atmosphere at Anfield
      Reply #2130: Aug 30, 2015 08:20:12 pm
      He Reds,

What do you think of the atmosphere at Anfield during games? I'm a match goer but imo it's getting worse. The club and the politics doing everything to stop passionate fanatic fans. That sh*te football law says it all. You'll never walk alone is special and it gives me goosebumps all the time but it's not enough for a club like Liverpool. Take a look at the Palace fans or ajax (vak410) or clubs in Germany. They're upcoming, singing songs 90 minutes long and use pyro all the time. I know the conceqences of pyro but big clubs need big support. We've lost some decent songs because of Stevie's transfer ... I'd like to hear what yous think about the atmosphere at Anfield.

Greetz Quincy
      (capo S.F.F)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
      Reply #2131: Aug 30, 2015 09:55:58 pm
      Here you go read at your own pleasure, stretches back to 2008 ;)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10295.0.html
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
      Reply #2132: Aug 31, 2015 01:19:59 am
      I noticed too that the Palace fans seem to be the only ones in the league who sing throughout the whole 90 minutes.  very impressive.  We claim to have the best fans in the world but basically it's YNWA at the beginning, then again at the end (if we win), and then silence throughout the other 89 minutes.  Really awful.  It seems like every home game now the requisite "your support is F***ing sh*te" and "is this a library" chants come out from the opposition supporters.

Although to be fair I think it is in general a problem with most clubs.  The Arsenal game a couple of weeks ago for example.  They were pounding the hell out of us in the second half.  And yet their supporters only gave them a few tennis claps.  It was eerily quiet.  I'm 100% sure that if their stadium had been at full voice for the whole 45 minutes of the second half, they would've found a goal.  And the same goes for us, if Anfield was a cauldron for 90 minutes I don't think we would ever lose except on very rare occasions.  But when it feels like playing at Melwood it loses its intimidation factor.

But like I said, it's not just us.  It's the same at Arsenal.  The same at Old Trafford.  The same at City's ground.  Even Newcastle, another huge club, it's like listening to the golf when you watch one of their games. 

I made some suggestions a little while back about some new things to try.  One of them that I suggested: get a supporter to bring in a drum.  They do it all over Germany.  And they usually have someone with a drum at Palace.  And those places are loud, the whole game.  Someone said no.  Too cringeworthy.  A drum at Anfield, haha!  Okay fine, so you'd rather be too good for a drum and watch us sit in silence for another season.  Why not give it a try for a game?  if it doesn't work, then get rid of it.  At least it's an idea.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2133: Aug 31, 2015 02:43:49 am

Correctomondo.

Topics merged.
      Quinccy
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      • Match goer
      Reply #2134: Aug 31, 2015 06:37:19 pm
      I'm very happy to see that i'm not the only fan with the ''stupid'' idea's. Especially the drum is one of the things i'd like to see at Anfield. If you have one on The Kop, nobody could get hurt (away fans). Those yanks do everything for money and that needs to stop. What If we organise a big protest against their interests. We did something like that two season's ago with black banners but what if the lads on The KOP showing up after YNWA. or what If they turn their backs to the pitch during YNWA .. Or a one big banner that goes all over The KOP with an text that would wake them up ..... Your opinions?

;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2135: Aug 31, 2015 07:36:15 pm
      I'm very happy to see that i'm not the only fan with the ''stupid'' idea's. Especially the drum is one of the things i'd like to see at Anfield. If you have one on The Kop, nobody could get hurt (away fans). Those yanks do everything for money and that needs to stop. What If we organise a big protest against their interests. We did something like that two season's ago with black banners but what if the lads on The KOP showing up after YNWA. or what If they turn their backs to the pitch during YNWA .. Or a one big banner that goes all over The KOP with an text that would wake them up ..... Your opinions?

;)

You money is the only thing they care about, yet you want everyone to turn their back during YNWA...what does that prove? You've already paid to get in so why would they care what you do once you get inside?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2136: Aug 31, 2015 07:42:16 pm
      protests always should be outside the ground not during the match.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2137: Aug 31, 2015 10:09:46 pm
      The Atmosphere is sh*te now, so the corporate seating won't make it worse anyway.
      There needs to be a proper singing section bang in the middle of the Kop, like Celtic's green brigade, to encourage the rest to sing.

Quinccy
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      • Match goer
      Reply #2138: Aug 31, 2015 10:45:04 pm
      Yous are right. We've already paid that ticket but i disagree with that protest outside the stadium. Most people will see your protest when they watch the game. Tourists are a main problem to ... Not for the city but deffo for Liverpool FC. They don't know any song and that makes it hard for the fanatics!

Quick Reply