Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Playstation Home

Read 25628 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Playstation Home
      Reply #46: Dec 07, 2008 08:42:39 pm
      Damn it I want an invite - NOW!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #47: Dec 11, 2008 09:23:33 am
      PlayStation®Home Beta
      Available to all PLAYSTATION®3 users on December 11

It has today been confirmed that the highly anticipated PlayStation®Home Beta service for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) will become available for all PS3 users on December 11, 2008. Following the successful completion of the closed beta service, PlayStation Home's open beta service will continue to evolve with new features and functionality.

PlayStation Home is a ground-breaking 3D social gaming community available on PS3 that allows users to interact, communicate and share gaming experiences. By leveraging the power of PS3, PlayStation Home delivers overwhelming visual graphics and rich gaming social experiences only possible on the PS3 platform. Within PlayStation Home, users can create and customise their own unique avatars and explore the virtual community in real time where they can communicate freely through text or voice chat. PlayStation Home users will not only be able to enjoy variety of entertainment content such as mini-games, videos and special events along with their friends, but will also be able to create their own community by using the "Club*1" feature to create clubs with other PlayStation Home users who share the same interests. PlayStation Home also allows groups of users to launch directly into their favourite online games together from PlayStation Home.

PlayStation Home, available as a free download*2 starting December 11, will launch directly from the PlayStation Home icon on the PlayStation®Network column of XMB™(XrossMediaBar) on PS3. Users will be able to experience basic features and services of PlayStation Home, free of charge*3. PlayStation Home will allow open interaction among users, business partners and SCE, and will evolve with additional features including dedicated game spaces, special events and exclusive themed items, to further enrich the entertainment experience on the PS3 platform.

http://au.playstation.com/news/2008/homedec11news.jhtml;jsessionid=SJLGAQNFCKKKHS3YIXZCFE4LXBC5GIV0

This is off the Official Playstation website. I think i'll be forgetting what sleep feels like for at least a week. I think it'll be available through the Playstation Store as it's being released sometime tonight(the usual PS store update).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #48: Dec 11, 2008 09:27:25 am
      Excellent. 

This is an LFC REDS clubhouse on the beta so feel free to register for it when you all get on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #49: Dec 11, 2008 08:39:39 pm
      Apparently the open beta is now available for all you plebs to download. ;)

Still expect to see you on FIFA though!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #50: Dec 11, 2008 11:51:55 pm
      Just been reading the Terms and Conditions.  Every time I switch this on I have another update to download - third so far this!

Sony reserve the right to record your voice discussions, text chat and IP address and PS3 serial number.

You must be over 16.

User material created by YOU will be owned by US (Sony).

Anyway. Have fun! ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #51: Dec 12, 2008 05:14:54 am
      Just been reading the Terms and Conditions.  Every time I switch this on I have another update to download - third so far this!

Sony reserve the right to record your voice discussions, text chat and IP address and PS3 serial number.

You must be over 16.

User material created by YOU will be owned by US (Sony).

Anyway. Have fun! ;)

Sony: now there's a load of fashists for you!

;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #52: Dec 12, 2008 12:23:43 pm
      Some beta this is turning out to be.

I see now everyone's allowed in you have to pay for everything!

I had started a club which you now have to pay for so it's disappeared.

Fortunately I've still got my cowboy hat and my summer house - which you do have to pay for although I bet you that disappears soon as well.  The sods.

Anyway, had a game of pool with Res.  Took some pictures of the detailed graphics.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #53: Dec 12, 2008 12:40:04 pm
      I've got to say, i was a little disappointed. Was hoping for much more customisations for the avatar aswell as the house. They said it was going to be free, everything from the mall has to be bought. Although, this IS still a beta, so maybe when the FULL version comes out, it'll fix these once they see that no one is buying anything from the mall.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #54: Dec 12, 2008 01:53:26 pm
      As I pointed out I am confused by this beta now.

I was in the beta before yesterday but I thought that what happened yesterday was simply letting everyone else in to the beta.

I bought all my items for free but I do appear to have lost the clubhouse.

When signing up it stated that when the 'full version' was released I would lose all these items and customisations and start again.  So maybe it isn't a beta anymore?  If it's on the cross media bar then maybe this is it and they will just slowly add things to it.

Agree about the customisation.  One of the biggest things for me was going to be the ability to show movies and stuff in my apartment to other people on my friends list.  But thinking about this - this would not only be technically very difficult for Sony to cope with but would also throw up some legal issues.

I could for instance invite everyone round to watch my Steven Gerrard DVD etc... I'm sure the big media companies (of which Sony are one) would be concerned about this.  (But then I could in theory do this in my own house as well - not big enough for 30 of you though!)

Either way - it's a fantastic step forward in an online experience and pushes the PS3 past the XBox 360 even further.  The concept of a real online world is probably now here and it will only be a matter of time before a full digital replica of yourself can be placed in to that environment.
      Mildrop
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 207 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 12, 2008 02:22:03 pm
      Managed to get online with Home last night and thought it was very good, liked playing pool and also the bowling,

you are right JD the beta is more or less over and as new content arrives it will become the full version, some new stuff out next week I believe including the Red Bull Air Race area, Far Cry 2, Motorstorm and Unchartered.

Very well thought out and possibly going to be the biggest online social network once it gets in full flow
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #56: Dec 12, 2008 04:53:35 pm
      Anyone else having server troubles?

Error message c-931! >:(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #57: Dec 12, 2008 05:16:37 pm
      Started happening when all these noobs started trying to get on....

;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #58: Dec 12, 2008 05:23:03 pm
      I'm a noob! ;D

But Sony should have expected this and prepared for it :-\
      Mildrop
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 207 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 12, 2008 05:26:41 pm
      I logged into my US account earlier and started home, different surroundings and also the have the Far Cry 2 area and also Unchartered.

You have to create a new character and download the locations, its like going in holiday without the 8 hour flight
      Mildrop
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 207 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 12, 2008 05:31:02 pm
      I had started a club which you now have to pay for so it's disappeared.

You think this is bad, in March 09 you will be charged £2.99 a month to keep your club open, not only that but also the clothes shops that appear will be higher priced depending on the designer label

Sony could make a really bad cock up of Home if they think the customers are gonna pay for crap like that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #61: Dec 12, 2008 05:45:18 pm
      I logged into my US account earlier and started home, different surroundings and also the have the Far Cry 2 area and also Unchartered.

You have to create a new character and download the locations, its like going in holiday without the 8 hour flight

Good shout. Cheers.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #62: Dec 13, 2008 05:37:04 am
      US account. What does that mean?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #63: Dec 13, 2008 11:20:58 am
      Create an account with a US address.  I've got one for the US and Hong Kong stores.

It means you can access their stores.  Might do it for the Aussie one as well.  Do you have Aussie Rules games over there in your store?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #64: Dec 13, 2008 11:36:33 am
      Extra in US Home- Sullys Bar from Unchartered and from Far Cry 2 - train station and Reuben's office.

Love the way it's Central Plaza in the US one and the Mall!

Just going to try the HK one.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #65: Dec 13, 2008 11:44:41 am
      Which is too busy to get on.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #66: Dec 13, 2008 12:05:29 pm
      Create an account with a US address.  I've got one for the US and Hong Kong stores.

It means you can access their stores.  Might do it for the Aussie one as well.  Do you have Aussie Rules games over there in your store?

Do the Aussie's have a seperate PSN, because there are Australian users on MGO. They are in with the European server on that, so it may be possible they're on ours?

Not sure though, an assumption at best! ;)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #67: Dec 13, 2008 02:05:52 pm

Nah. I dont like the AFL. I'ma Rugby League man. 
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #68: Dec 13, 2008 02:07:46 pm
      Do the Aussie's have a seperate PSN, because there are Australian users on MGO. They are in with the European server on that, so it may be possible they're on ours?

Not sure though, an assumption at best! ;)
      I think we use the Euro one down here. 

Quick Reply