Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Martin Skrtel (Zenit)

Read 2384 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Martin Skrtel (Zenit)
      Nov 19, 2008 06:24:18 pm
      Liverpool face losing Martin Skrtel after the Slovakian admitted he is struggling to adjust to life on Merseyside.

The 24-year-old defender is lonely and bored and would like to return to St Petersburg, according to his close friend, Zenit goalkeeper Kamil Contofalsky.

Contofalsky told Russia's 90 Minutes Magazines: 'I talk a lot to Martin on the phone and he said he would like to return to Zenit because it's very boring for him in England.

'He feels lonely there, doesn't have any friends. And also the local paparazzi follow him all the time.

'There's no such camera madness in Russia and Martin confessed to me that life in St Petersburg was better for him.   

'But that doesn't mean he regrets his move to Liverpool. He made it into the main squad quickly and played top class football which is much better than in the Russian premiership.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1087441/Im-lonely-bored--Skrtel-ready-quit-Anfield-return-St-Petersburg.html?ITO=1490

:lmao:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Martin Skrtel (Zenit)
      Reply #1: Nov 19, 2008 06:27:28 pm
      Martin has stated quite a few times his desire to stay in Liverpool and how happy it makes him being a regular starter in the first team. There's no doubt in my mind that our friendly squad quickly got acquainted with him, and that he enjoys their company.

I'm dismissing this as a load of sh*te ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Nov 19, 2008 07:22:10 pm
      Tempted to lock this thread already! :D Utter garbage!

I'll leave it a bit though for the comedy value, if nothing else! ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #3: Nov 19, 2008 11:08:29 pm
      Be fair they have to give both sides.

A recent story confirms Skrtel is on schedule for a return around (maybe before) Christmas, so they too have to release a story about Skrtel.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: Nov 20, 2008 06:33:30 am
      ;D.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Nov 20, 2008 07:37:30 am
      Targeting Christmas comeback yesterday.
      Targeting return to St Petersburg today.
      Targeting Premier League title tomorrow.

EDITED

RAFA: SKRTEL IS HAPPY AT LIVERPOOL
      Rafael Benitez has rubbished claims that Martin Skrtel is seeking a move away from Liverpool.

Reports in the Russian press suggested the 24-year-old defender - who is currently recovering from a knee injury - was unsettled in England and was looking for a move back to former club Zenit St Petersburg.

But Benitez insists his Slovakian centre-back is happy on Merseyside and enjoying life at Anfield.

"These sort of stories always tend to come out during an international week," said the Liverpool manager.

"I was talking with Martin at Melwood yesterday and it was clear that he is very happy and just wants to get back playing.

"He is working very hard to get himself fit again and he is very settled at Liverpool – both in the city and at the club."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162172081120-1208.htm
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 12:33:48 pm by Ad »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Nov 20, 2008 01:44:55 pm
      On Tuesday Martin says hes working on getting back to play over the Christmas period and is looking forward to getting back

On Wednesday he wants out as he hasnt settled  :f_doh:

Who thinks up theses stories? Complete and utter sh*te talk made up to fill space and in my opinion to try and rock the Liverpool boat

Skrtel is going nowhere and the press can qoute me on that  :f_steam: 
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Nov 20, 2008 02:30:58 pm
      Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has rubbished reports claiming he is unsettled at Anfield. 

LINK.tv

The Reds number 37 moved to reassure Liverpool supporters after quotes from a former Zenit St Petersberg teammate wrongly claimed he wanted to return to the Russian club.

"I am very happy here at Anfield," Skrtel told Liverpoolfc.tv today.

"It was always my dream to play here in England and I'm with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"I spoke to my friend in Russia and we talked about Zenit. I have great friends there but I never said I am not happy here, and I never said I didn't like the city.

"I didn't say the city is boring. That's just not true and I'd like to repeat I am very happy here.

"This is a special club and a city with a lot of history. I have been made to feel very welcome here at Liverpool.

"I enjoy life in Liverpool. I have been a few times to Jamie Carragher's Cafe Sports England restaurant and a few other places as well."

Skrtel also spoke of his bond with the Liverpool supporters who have taken the Slovakian international to their hearts.

"The Liverpool fans are one of the best in the world," he said.

"When I'm out in the city they always come up to me to shake my hand and wish me all the best in my recovery.

"I just want to get back as quickly as possible to help the team win trophies and repay the supporters faith in me." 
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Speculation ended
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Nov 21, 2008 06:22:33 am
      Arshavin will be joining him soon, Pavlyuchenko is there now. If the Brazilians all around the country meet up, surely they could too.

As for him wanting out, pish posh.

Quick Reply