Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid)

Read 4369 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid)
      Nov 19, 2008 06:29:07 pm
      Just yesterday he received a two-match touchline ban for coating referee Mike Dean in phlegm and spittle after Manchester United beat Hull.

And his face could turn a deeper shade of purple when he finds out what Liverpool have got up their sleeve.

You may remember last year, when United went out of their way not to sell Gabriel Heinze to their North-West rivals, off-loading him to Real Madrid instead.

Rafa Benitez has tried to fill the gap at left-back with several players, most recently Andrea Dossena, and all have been rubbish.

Real Madrid are in a state of civil war, with their players looking to jump ship like sailors on an oil tanker in Somali waters.

Consequently, Benitez has switched to his original target and is out to liberate Heinze from his Bernabeu hell. Or something.

Whatever, Fergie's reaction should be worth watching if Liverpool manage to move the Argentinian back into his old house in Cheshire.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19112008/58/transfers-gossip-shop-heinze-liverpool.html

Nothing really there of any concert evidence Rafa is interested in him now but a rumor never the less. Personally haven seen him play with Madrid this season he looks quite poor but I would be willing to take a chance if he comes in on the cheap.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Nov 19, 2008 06:33:33 pm
      Henize knows the Premiership and what the British game is all about  and i`m sure if we did sign him he would be better than Dossena and it would piss Red nose Fergie right off!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Nov 19, 2008 07:26:15 pm
      Rafa Benitez has tried to fill the gap at left-back with several players, most recently Andrea Dossena, and all have been rubbish.

Real Madrid are in a state of civil war, with their players looking to jump ship like sailors on an oil tanker in Somali waters.

Consequently, Benitez has switched to his original target and is out to liberate Heinze from his Bernabeu hell. Or something.

Who writes this sh*te?  ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2008 02:37:23 pm

:lmao:

Noticed a similar story in the back of the Mirror.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2008 03:10:40 pm
      Given the oppurtunity he would love to return to the prem especially to us and to take Ronaldo to the deck
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2008 03:18:34 pm
      I would take him.
      Think he's a good player and as has been said, he knows the English game.
      Would be good if we signed him and he scored a last minute winner against the Mancs at old trafford :D
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2008 06:39:46 pm

That's far too colloquial to be taken seriously. Has to be one of the worst articles i've ever read.

Never properly watched the player play, however. Can't be much worse than Dossena, though.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 30, 2008 06:48:12 pm
      No!!!!hes past his prime and isn't up to much anyway,lets give insua a chance. :f_steam:
      Xavi 1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 30, 2008 08:00:05 pm
      I read this rumour today in the people about us signing Heinze on a free, but I don't no how much truth there is in it.  He would be a good addition and has a lot of prem experience, but as the previous poster says give the young lad (insua) a chance any time I saw him play he seemed to do ok and the only way we will no if he is up to the job or not is giving him a run in the side. 
      When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5 
      Reply #9: Nov 30, 2008 08:41:28 pm
      Yea.....Heinze is good player...and he was playing at Premier League...so why not?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2008 09:24:46 pm
      I dont want him to be signed just to piss off Fergie, I only want him signed if he is going to be a good addition to the team and make a good contribution.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Nov 30, 2008 10:48:22 pm
      There's no hiding from the fact that Rafa was after him before he ended up at Real Madrid.

If he can leave in January on a free, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rafa goes after him again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Dec 01, 2008 11:28:50 am
      I'd snap him up, quick sticks. Save him from his Madrid nightmare and put someone you can rely on at the back on the left. Will help Insua a hell of a lot untill he is ready while Heinze fills in for a season and on/off for the one after. Worth a crack on a free.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 01, 2008 03:24:49 pm
      I agree totally. the only way i want to piss fergie off is to win the league. We were prepared to offer, i think, 11 mil for him a season ago so if we can bring him in on a free then we surely should. i think he would put some REAL competition up for who owns our left back spot, and at the same time be able to help develop players like insua and Darby to go on to become the players that we all believe them to be. he played, as a champion, in the prem league so therefore who better (who's available) to come in to our squad in jan and help our other more experienced players to see out the season and become champions. on a free transfer or for a small price i think he could be a great signing for us, especially when he had such desire to come and play for us befor he went to madrid. to want to leave the champions of England and come to us, their fiercest rivals, shows the sort of attitude anyone wearing our shirt should have
      I dont want him to be signed just to piss off Fergie, I only want him signed if he is going to be a good addition to the team and make a good contribution.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Dec 04, 2008 11:07:35 am
      Given the oppurtunity he would love to return to the prem especially to us and to take Ronaldo to the deck

If i remember rightly, he spoke of his desire to join Liverpool when he was leaving Manure. He didn't even want to go to Madrid but he had no choice really, either rot in Manure's reserves or go to Madrid. Hopefully we sign him, he is so strong and wins everything in the air too. At the moment we are woeful at full back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Dec 04, 2008 12:08:45 pm
      At the moment we are woeful at full back.

So you admit it? ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #16: Dec 04, 2008 12:19:46 pm
      Oo a free..... whats the worst that could happen

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2008 03:19:14 pm

What you mean?

I never said we was quality in that position to begin with :D ?

Quick Reply