Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Daniel Agger (AC Milan)

Read 18570 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Daniel Agger (AC Milan)
      Dec 03, 2008 06:01:17 pm
      I'm sure you have all seen this in the papers. Seen it on the back page of the mirror today:
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/03/liverpool-consider-replacing-daniel-agger-with-ex-manchester-united-star-gabriel-heinze-115875-20941767/

I really hope this isn't true.
      I know it may be a load o' sh*t stirring but if he's demanding his wages to be doubled I can't see things working out.
      I've heard alot of bad rumours about Agger over the last year to do with his injury but I don't believe them to be honest.
      I liked Heinze but I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie put a clause in his contract saying he is never allowed in a 90 mile radius of Anfield ;)
      I hope he stays but when Skrtel is fit again it looks like he'll be back on the bench however he's young and I think he has a bright future at Anfield even if he has to wait a year or so to cement his place in the starting XI.
      Thoughts?

Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Daniel Agger (AC Milan)
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2008 06:04:48 pm
      No he cannot leave!! He's too valuable for us.

It's probably a load of sh*t anyway.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2008 06:06:33 pm
      I'm telling you here and now that it's a load of crap. Rafa knows Agger is one of the best centre-backs in the world - I'm sure he wouldnt' replace him with an injury prone, past-it defender. You heard it here first ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2008 06:35:28 pm
      Possibly, or it's his agents way of trying to get a better paid contract for Daniel.

In the hope it isn't true, I would just like to point out Daniel is still not old enough to play in the AC Milan defence. He hasn't hit 30 yet.

And that Senderos is cack too!
      Xavi 1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2008 09:15:01 pm
      I read that story in the Mirror today and all I can say in relation to it is, What a lot of B***s, Agger is going no where. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2008 09:58:31 pm
      He must stay. He's superb in my view and he offers an attacking threat that not many people can offer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2008 10:54:39 pm
      Dont believe a single part of it, he was linked with Madrid the other week. It's more than likely just the press trying to unsettle him.

Anyway he is too young for Milan, they go for players that are heading towards receiving their pension :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2008 11:23:17 pm

Anyway he is too young for Milan, they go for players that are heading towards receiving their pension :D

Was about to say that, only in a much more humorous way ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2008 11:59:13 pm
      I'd love him to be a legend at Anfield
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #9: Dec 04, 2008 05:56:19 pm
      Agger going would be a huge step backwards,the form he showed before his injury is coming back and he's the best football playing centre half in the prem......
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Dec 04, 2008 10:45:49 pm
      It really does puzzle me this. When we're no where near the top of the league all the players and fans are quick to reiterate their commitment to the club. Now we have the best start to a season that we've had in years, we're top of the league in December and we've got booing at Anfield and players are alledgdly rejecting contracts and thinking about moving?!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #11: Dec 04, 2008 11:22:06 pm
      From the offal, a quote by Danny:
      "Outside of the pitch I'm really happy. I am enjoying everything. The people in Liverpool are so friendly. I was really surprised when I came to the city how friendly the people were compared to other places I have been. I cannot complain about anything. I feel at home."

Can we rubbish this rumour now?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #12: Dec 05, 2008 01:27:07 am
      He's really valuable. Since he's been back, we conceded about 5 goals. Yes, credit to Reina, but i think Agger has been a rock in defence with Carragher. Hypothetically speaking, I think Rafa would be able to convince him to stay.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Dec 05, 2008 05:06:11 pm
      Rafa Benitez has responded to speculation about Daniel Agger's future by insisting the player is '100 per cent committed' to Liverpool.

The Dane also spoke of his contentment on Merseyside this week - though admitted he had yet to reach top form this season following a metatarsal break that kept him out for most of last term.

"He is very happy," Benitez told reporters at Melwood on Friday.

"Twenty minutes ago I was talking with him and it was a really positive conversation. His commitment to the club is 100 per cent.

"He is a fantastic professional and a good lad and he wants to stay with us. He is very, very competitive.

"He is not playing badly. I told him we were really pleased with him, but he knows, and we do, that he can play better.

"The only thing is, he's worried about how he can improve. But he wants to stay.

"He was surprised about the rumours and I can guarantee that he's okay. The only thing he is thinking about is how he can improve."

Reporters also asked Benitez for his thoughts on the resignation this week of Sunderland manager Roy Keane.

He responded: "It's always bad news when a manager leaves. As a manager you know how much pressure there is, so you like to see people do well.

"I was surprised because he has shown character. They have done well. The table is so tight that you could be in a good position if you beat one team. But it's his decision."

Quizzed on how he copes with being a manager in the biggest league in the world, Benitez added: "I try to relax, talk with my staff and analyse things. You have to think about what to do: not just do something because something changes. You need to have the big picture, keep calm and use your experience.

"It's not easy to switch off but maybe I'm the kind of manager who likes to always be thinking about football. You try to switch off and enjoy your family but it is more or less 24/7.

"My wife is a saint."

This weekend sees Liverpool face Paul Ince's Blackburn, who are currently languishing in the relegation zone after no wins in nine.

Benitez, though, isn't taking anything for granted. He said: "They are under pressure and that makes them more dangerous. They will be desperate to win, so it'll be tough.

"They will work really hard. It could be a physical game but they have some good players. But if we go there with the confidence we have and play well I think we'll be okay."

Benitez was also asked about the reaction to Monday's draw with West Ham, which was downbeat in some quarters despite the fact it took Liverpool to the top of the Barclays Premier League.

He said: "Sixteen years ago was the last time we were top at this point in December - that's why the fans are anxious. But they know how important they are to us each week.

"The fans know it's important to stay calm and be behind the team and together.

"The squad has a lot of confidence and we're happy because we're top of the table. We are really pleased. There is a massive difference from when you draw a game and are nine points behind, to when you draw a game and go one point clear.

"Now we have to fight as much as we can to stay in this position. The understanding between the players is good, we have depth in the squad and we have quality. And we are doing better than the other teams."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162397081205-1540.htm
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #14: Dec 05, 2008 06:21:34 pm
      Thank god this looks to be all put to bed with the other stupid rumours now.
      Now i remembered why i stopped reading the paper.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #15: Dec 05, 2008 06:42:28 pm
      I'm sure you have all seen this in the papers. Seen it on the back page of the mirror today:
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/03/liverpool-consider-replacing-daniel-agger-with-ex-manchester-united-star-gabriel-heinze-115875-20941767/

I know it may be a load o' sh*t stirring but if he's demanding his wages to be doubled I can't see things working out.
      I've heard alot of bad rumours about Agger over the last year to do with his injury but I don't believe them to be honest.
      I liked Heinze but I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie put a clause in his contract saying he is never allowed in a 90 mile radius of Anfield ;)
      I hope he stays but when Skrtel is fit again it looks like he'll be back on the bench however he's young and I think he has a bright future at Anfield even if he has to wait a year or so to cement his place in the starting XI.
      Thoughts?

whiskey nose made sure that Heinze had a stippulation in his contract that he didn't play for any of manure's rivals when he left and as we know theres only one team he's talking about.He expressed his desire to come to Anfield but manure wouldn't move,sh*t sticks as they say.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #16: Dec 05, 2008 07:37:10 pm
      danny and martin, liverpools main defenders in 2 years and they will last as long as hansen and lawrenson
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17: Dec 06, 2008 12:14:43 am

Thoughts?

Thank god this looks to be all put to bed with the other stupid rumours now.
      Now I remembered why I stopped reading the paper.
      rumours have a habit of of biting your arse-but I'm with you on this one
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Dec 06, 2008 03:10:09 am
      Rafa has said that Agger is 100% comitted to to Liverpool - I never had a doubt :D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #19: Dec 06, 2008 03:14:58 am
      I'm telling you here and now that it's a load of crap. Rafa knows Agger is one of the best centre-backs in the world - I'm sure he wouldnt' replace him with an injury prone, past-it defender. You heard it here first ;)

Damn I'm good!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #20: Dec 10, 2008 07:43:22 pm
      Milan confirm Agger interest

AC Milan have confirmed that they will make a move to sign Liverpool defender Daniel Agger in the January transfer window.

Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed on Wednesday that the 23-year-old Denmark international was on a list of "three or four" that the club want as replacements for ageing veterans Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta.

"In January we will sign a defender, there's no doubt about it," Galliani told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport. "We have a list of three or four players who could be useful in defence and Agger is one of them. In January we'll sign one of them."

Agger has been linked with a move to Milan after reports of a fall-out with manager Rafael Benitez, which has also resulted in contract talks between the club and the player reaching an impasse.

"We've followed Agger and his situation at Liverpool before now, we know about the problems between the player and the club over a new contract," Galliani added.

Milan are willing to pay about €8 million for Agger but Benitez has said that he does not want to let the defender leave Anfield.

The other two names on Milan's wish list are reported to be William Gallas, who has been stripped of the captaincy at Arsenal, and Palermo starlet Simon Kjaer.

----------------------------------------------------
      Can't let this lad go, his the future of our defence alongside Skrtel

lloyd1786
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 10, 2008 07:50:37 pm
      He's really valuable. Since he's been back, we conceded about 5 goals. Yes, credit to Reina, but I think Agger has been a rock in defence with Carragher. Hypothetically speaking, I think Rafa would be able to convince him to stay.
      i think letting agger go will cost us a lot more in the future we need to do everything possible to keep he's gonna be a legend soon pls lets keep him
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #22: Dec 10, 2008 07:57:20 pm
      he is worth 25 mill and i still wouldnt sell him for that

Quick Reply