Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Read 4312 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
      Dec 25, 2008 10:45:12 pm
      Been hearing a lot about this lad so I thought the the issue deserves it's own topic.

He's not been linked with Liverpool but his contract runs out in the summer although a two year extension is possible.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/592/bayern-munich/2008/12/21/1022100/ribery-not-for-sale-at-any-price-insist-bayern

Any thoughts on the lad?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #1: Dec 25, 2008 11:04:33 pm
      any proper sources instead of that? I'd love Ribery, he is top class and would bring something to any top four club, he'd be a F***ing brilliant signing.
      gegson
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 26, 2008 04:42:11 am
      He is a wonderful player but I don't think he will fit into our mode of play.

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2008 04:59:34 am by redkenny, Reason: do not post in all capital letters »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3: Dec 26, 2008 06:32:44 am
      Think he would totally fit in! Can stay wide and deliver a cross or can come inside. Quick footed but also patient and aware of others. Excellent purchase.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Dec 26, 2008 06:41:32 am
      Tremendous player but he looks like an absolute c**t. Watched him a handful of games and he just steals the limelight every time and with all our lads knowing their place in the team i think there could be some conflict. He blows up at his own team, cries when he doesnt get the ball and when he scores he runs off himself before celebrating with his team.

As i said, tremendous player but dont know if he would fit in.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5: Dec 26, 2008 06:47:38 am
      I love a player who is willing to take responsibility...even if it is selfishly. We nee more winners.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: Dec 26, 2008 06:54:07 am
      I love a player who is willing to take responsibility...even if it is selfishly. We nee more winners.

Winner yes, but to me its perceived as arrogance. Not that good arrogance either that Henry had but he is over the top.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Dec 26, 2008 09:01:22 am
      I'm not sure about this guy's attitude but arrogance and one man team are not for Liverpool.

We need players who have the desire to bring back trophies to the club while playing with the best players in the world and know their place, not to steal the limelight from other stars.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Dec 26, 2008 10:30:12 pm
      Tremendous player but he looks like an absolute c**t. Watched him a handful of games and he just steals the limelight every time and with all our lads knowing their place in the team i think there could be some conflict. He blows up at his own team, cries when he doesnt get the ball and when he scores he runs off himself before celebrating with his team.

As i said, tremendous player but dont know if he would fit in.

So ... a french Berbatov then? ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Dec 26, 2008 10:33:50 pm

Well, he scores from further than 2 yards out.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #10: Dec 26, 2008 10:35:31 pm
      Well, he scores from further than 2 yards out.

:lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2008 04:26:09 pm

To be fair, he works harder than Berba but yes, the French Berbatov.
      kaywarz
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Dec 28, 2008 12:27:21 pm
      well,ribery would never go to liverpool,no islamic player will played for liverpool if liverpool logo still carlsberg,that why samir nasri doesnt want to go liverpool,coz he is islam people,and islam forbidden the logo which meant like beer,poker and bad things to islam player
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2008 04:44:58 pm
      well,ribery would never go to liverpool,no islamic player will played for liverpool if liverpool logo still carlsberg,that why samir nasri doesnt want to go liverpool,coz he is islam people,and islam forbidden the logo which meant like beer,poker and bad things to islam player

that may be the case with Islamic people but i (now i could be very wrong) but i hardly think Ribery nor Nasri, if they know of interest from a club are going to say hmmm whats their sponser? oh no i could never play for a team who have beer as their sponser"
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2008 04:54:33 pm
      Thats only those who are exteremly strict though, i doubt Ribery would want out if Bayern announced they will be sponsered by budwieser
      rafasgoons
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2008 09:36:56 pm
      Dont think that he's such an orthodox follower for the beer, poker, betting logos to effect him though I know few muslims who are truly passionate supporters of liverpool but dont wear the jearsy coz of the carlsberg logo.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #16: Dec 31, 2008 04:14:14 pm
      I'm a Muslim and have been an extremely passionate Reds supporter all my life. I believe that only if the player is devout, then the shirt sponsor would then come into consideration.
      Amla, the South African cricketer is allowed to remove the Castle lager shirt sponsor. I think they make allowances for him because they know he is devout, and probably wouldn't play if they enforced the rule.I think they also allow it to happen because he is very talented.
      Would be very interesting to see if a player of the ilk of Kaka or Messi wanting to sign for Liverpool, but the only proviso would be if they didn't have to have Carlsberg adorn their shirt due to religious reasons.
      I'm sure Carlsberg wouldn't allow it because of their large amount of sponsorship they hand over every year.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2009 05:36:07 pm
      Mabey Ribery's 'arrogance' is something which we need in the side a bit more. Is there something wrong with expecting your team mates to put in as much effort and passion as yourself? He'd get lots of support for that attitude at Anfield. I see abit of that in 60 % of our team. 100% would win us the Prem.  Do you think he would be a better buy than Johnson from Portsmouth ? I do.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Jan 02, 2009 05:39:43 pm
      Mabey Ribery's 'arrogance' is something which we need in the side a bit more. Is there something wrong with expecting your team mates to put in as much effort and passion as yourself? He'd get lots of support for that attitude at Anfield. I see abit of that in 60 % of our team. 100% would win us the Prem.  Do you think he would be a better buy than Johnson from Portsmouth ? I do.

That's like saying Lionel Messi would be a better signing than Charles Puyol.
      They play in completely different positions.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2009 05:49:51 pm by Eem »
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2009 05:48:26 pm

he would be a better buy...but their price tags are way different...plus, we need defenders right now, i think we have a steady midfield as it is...i'ma just lay this out, if we're talking midfielders, i want either miralem pjanic or ivan rakitic to join our side! possibly afellay...but more of the former
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #20: Jan 02, 2009 05:51:04 pm
      That's like saying Lionel Messi would be a better signing than Charles Puyol.
      They play in completely different positions.

Well in a way Messi would be a better buy, as he has more potential in a general perspective.

But no, there's no comparing them in a positional sense.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 05, 2009 05:24:17 pm
      ribery would be a great signing, he could play out right, but where does kuyt play then, i love kuyt, hes work ethic is second to none

Quick Reply