Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Melwood training times?

Read 43954 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Melwood training times?
      Reply #23: Sep 07, 2011 01:54:56 pm
      I'm sure many people would pay to watch and have the opportunity to get something signed.  A very small intrusion as you say JD, but a massive thing for the fans.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Mar 07, 2012 07:15:47 pm
      I was thinking of visiting Melwood tomorrow morning, but I'll be on my own and I'm really not sure if it's worth going there... what do you people think?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Mar 07, 2012 08:19:43 pm
      I was thinking of visiting Melwood tomorrow morning, but I'll be on my own and I'm really not sure if it's worth going there... what do you people think?

I think it's worth you going Diego, I took Eric when he was over in November and although we didn't see any players (they were out on International duty) it was nice to see it and you can peep through the gaps in the wall  ;)

If you do go down there, the players train from about 9-9.30 till around lunchtime, so you may catch one or two coming out in their cars after training, hopefully some of them will stop for you and sign an autograph, be assertive but not rude, good luck.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #26: Mar 07, 2012 11:29:50 pm
      Get yourself a wheely bin and climb onto it and look over the fence. Easy! ;)

There should be some nearby :)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #27: Mar 07, 2012 11:48:00 pm
      calling the club sounds like a good idea, you never know if you don't try. I'll be in Liverpool for the Villa game and want to see as much as I can! hoping to check out melwood and the academy too, see the u18s or the reserves go round.
      cripper
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Meeting the players before training
      Reply #28: Sep 18, 2012 04:37:57 pm
      Wasn't sure where to post this as it's my first time on the forum so feel free to move! :)

Ive been away in Oz for a few years and it's been a long time since being over to liverpool. (Im from Northern Ireland)
      Have been a lifelong liverpool fan and am excited to say ill be in liverpool this whole weekend Friday-Monday. Should be a good atmosphere for the match against the mancs! Anyway on the friday im going to do the tour around the club/stadium etc and was also looking for a bit of advice on one other thing.

I was hoping to meet a few of the players to get their autograhps and possibly a picture with them. What would be the best way going about this? Go to the training ground at a certain time? Im heading back to Oz next month and wont be back again for a good few years so id be really pleased if it was possible to do this!

Thanks in advance for any help!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Sep 19, 2012 02:53:52 pm
      Used to be around 9am when they head in to training. Then they'd get off around 1-2pm (easy life!). Not sure if that's the same these days.

Good luck!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Sep 19, 2012 07:51:07 pm
      Wasn't sure where to post this as it's my first time on the forum so feel free to move! :)

Ive been away in Oz for a few years and it's been a long time since being over to liverpool. (Im from Northern Ireland)
      Have been a lifelong liverpool fan and am excited to say ill be in liverpool this whole weekend Friday-Monday. Should be a good atmosphere for the match against the mancs! Anyway on the friday im going to do the tour around the club/stadium etc and was also looking for a bit of advice on one other thing.

I was hoping to meet a few of the players to get their autograhps and possibly a picture with them. What would be the best way going about this? Go to the training ground at a certain time? Im heading back to Oz next month and wont be back again for a good few years so id be really pleased if it was possible to do this!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I've got a meeting from about 10 am until about 11.30 on Friday in the City Centre - how many of you are there? No problem shooting you over in the car for half hour or so if required? PM and let me know if you want and I'll make sure I can do it.

If they're not there at least we can say we tried.
      cripper
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 19, 2012 11:02:56 pm
      I've got a meeting from about 10 am until about 11.30 on Friday in the City Centre - how many of you are there? No problem shooting you over in the car for half hour or so if required? PM and let me know if you want and I'll make sure I can do it.

If they're not there at least we can say we tried.

You mean give me a lift to the training ground? To be honest I dont know when ill get another chance to do this. More than likely after stevie g finishes his career so ill happily spend the whole day there from 9am/2pm if thats what it takes! Might give the club a ring too and chance my arm!
      InBrendanRodgersITrust
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      • In Brendan Rodgers I trust/believe<3 True LFC fan.
      Reply #32: Mar 20, 2013 01:45:30 am
      Hi reds, I was just wondering since I am a massive Liverpool fan and I live in Liverpool would there be any chance I would be able to meet Brendan Rodgers on Thursday at Melwood training ground? I have my hopes up on this and it would mean a lot if I did so, I was wondering if anyone knows for sure that maybe I will get to meet Brendan on Thursday coming up?? If so would it be essential if I went just before 9am and wait until 2pm? If anyone knows please inform me as soon as possible, thanks. 
      ScotlandRed
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #33: Mar 25, 2013 02:24:07 pm
      does anybody know if there training thursday or friday?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Mar 25, 2013 06:29:53 pm
      does anybody know if there training thursday or friday?

I'm sure there will be with us having a game on Sunday.
      boyreds
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 25, 2015 03:55:39 pm
      Hello all, im a lifelong reds fan from Hong Kong, and will visit Anfield for the man city, burnley & blackburn games. 

Having read your tips above, I plan to visit Melwood between the burnley & blackburn games between 9 am & maybe 2 pm.

Is there anything new that i should be aware of if i wanna take photos & get some autographs?

I'm a big fan of our captain & since he is injured now, will he go to Melwood as other players?  Are there any other places around the city that i can possibly bump into him?

Thank you all very much in advance for your advices!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #36: Feb 25, 2015 04:01:34 pm
      Having read your tips above, I plan to visit Melwood between the burnley & blackburn games between 9 am & maybe 2 pm.

Is there anything new that i should be aware of if i wanna take photos & get some autographs?

Not sure whether they are there early the day after a night game? Friday might be the best day for a 'regular session'?

Heard that the amount of players who stop to sign autographs these days is a bit lower than in the past although it's not something I've done myself so not 100%. 

Understandable though, with all their extra money to spend these days they can't be wasting time with fans who idolise them.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

boyreds
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 25, 2015 06:17:32 pm
      Dear JD, thank you so much for your prompt hint, appreciate it!
      Lex
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #38: Mar 01, 2015 07:57:59 pm
      Hello, I am from Canada. I just watched today's great match at Anfield! 2 beautiful goals we've scored! I am planning to go to Melwood training ground around 2pm tomorrow. Do they train after the match day? I wish I get to see the players again before I leave. Thank you for your attention!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Mar 01, 2015 09:01:16 pm
      May be a day off, but we do have a game on Wednesday so I may be wrong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #40: Mar 02, 2015 11:50:01 am
      I am planning to go to Melwood training ground around 2pm tomorrow. Do they train after the match day?

I would have imagined they would have been in today yes.  Game yesterday was a very early kick off.
      yangzh1992
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      is any training before 3.29 charity match in melwood?
      Reply #41: Mar 23, 2015 05:35:42 pm
      As asked like topic title, is any training of players before that? because I want to get the signatures of stars playing in the charity match! >:D >:D >:D
      mvs93
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 31, 2017 02:17:47 am
      hey guys,

I am a 23 year old student from Singapore, supporting Liverpool for the past 16 years.
      I am finally making a trip down to Anfield and I would like to know when I can catch a glimpse of the players' training sessions at Melwood.
      It's been my dream to meet them in real life so its great if you can advise the best time to visit.
      I am thinking of coming down the weekend of 25/26 feb (before their away game to Leicester on 27th feb monday)
      Do they have training sessions on the eve of an away game?

Thank you!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #43: Jan 31, 2017 07:15:23 am
      I'm pretty sure i read the club have banned fans waiting outside Melwood due to health and safety concerns after a fan was involved on getting bumped by a car. The street is very narrow outside of the exit

The players have been instructed not to stop on entering or exiting

I think the club are putting on local school visits etc to soften the blow but that doesn't help foreign or travelling fans

I'm not saying don't go there myself but I don't think you'll get much interaction if you do

Edit

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-players-asked-refuse-autographs-12416461#ICID=sharebar_twitter
      Joewix
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Melwood
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2017 12:00:49 pm
      Hi guys,

Do you guys know what time is the training today?Thanks

Quick Reply