Author Topic: Purple Aki - hide your muscles  (Read 10628 times)

koolkidda Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
Purple Aki - hide your muscles
: October 26, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
From the BBC News Website

A man has been ordered by a judge not to feel people's muscles or ask them to do exercises in public.

Akinwale Arobieke, 45, from Liverpool, was also banned from measuring the size of muscles, under the order requested by Merseyside Police.

Arobieke, who is known in the area as Purple Aki, is out of jail on licence after a sentence imposed in 2003 for 15 counts of harassment.

He pursued young people with requests such as asking to feel their muscles.

Deputy District Judge Aled Jones granted the order to coincide with Arobieke's release on Thursday.

Town ban

Merseyside Police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for a Sexual Offences Prevention Order against Arobieke - despite the fact he has not been convicted of a sex crime.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police confirmed an interim order had been granted until 23 November.

Under the terms of the order Arobieke cannot touch, feel or measure muscles or ask people to do squat exercises in public.

Neither can he approach or do paid or voluntary work with any young person under 18.

He is also banned from St Helens, Warrington or Widnes without the permission of either the chief constable of Merseyside or the chief constable of Cheshire.

And he cannot loiter near educational establishments, gyms or sports clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/merseyside/6087922.stm
Number 19. May 2009.

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Re: Purple Aki - hide your muscles
Reply #1 : October 26, 2006, 10:30:43 PM »
Quote from: "koolkidda"
From the BBC News Website

A man has been ordered by a judge not to feel people's muscles or ask them to do exercises in public.

Akinwale Arobieke, 45, from Liverpool, was also banned from measuring the size of muscles, under the order requested by Merseyside Police.

Arobieke, who is known in the area as Purple Aki, is out of jail on licence after a sentence imposed in 2003 for 15 counts of harassment.

He pursued young people with requests such as asking to feel their muscles.

Deputy District Judge Aled Jones granted the order to coincide with Arobieke's release on Thursday.

Town ban

Merseyside Police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for a Sexual Offences Prevention Order against Arobieke - despite the fact he has not been convicted of a sex crime.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police confirmed an interim order had been granted until 23 November.

Under the terms of the order Arobieke cannot touch, feel or measure muscles or ask people to do squat exercises in public.

Neither can he approach or do paid or voluntary work with any young person under 18.

He is also banned from St Helens, Warrington or Widnes without the permission of either the chief constable of Merseyside or the chief constable of Cheshire.

And he cannot loiter near educational establishments, gyms or sports clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/merseyside/6087922.stm

Who is this nutter ??    ;D

YNWA - Thanks Grandad

REDLANCE Offline
  • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
Reply #2 : October 27, 2006, 06:38:30 AM »
he is one horrble perv who chased a lad to his death on the railway years ago.A big fkr as well which makes it  even worse.He shouldn't be allowed out of jail never mind not allowed in certain parts of Merseyside :evil:
THE KING IS BACK LONG LIVE THE KING

koolkidda Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
Reply #3 : October 28, 2006, 02:06:34 PM »
I was with a mate once and he did actually ask to see his muscles.

Pissed off that he never asked me  :cry:
Number 19. May 2009.

gopher Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,145 posts | 14 
Reply #4 : October 28, 2006, 10:20:46 PM »
Quote from: "REDLANCE"
he is one horrble perv who chased a lad to his death on the railway years ago.A big fkr as well which makes it  even worse.He shouldn't be allowed out of jail never mind not allowed in certain parts of Merseyside :evil:

as a fellow merseyrailer , i remember the time he harassed a lad
and his mates at new brighton station, the kid tried to hide under a
train, he should have been locked up and the key thrown away...

REDLANCE Offline
  • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
Reply #5 : November 04, 2006, 09:28:14 PM »
He has just came through my station and was waiting by the window when I came back upstairs I fkn s hit myself :shock:

just a warning though he was going to St.Michaels station so any fellow reds who live in the area be aware of the horrible b stard :evil:
THE KING IS BACK LONG LIVE THE KING

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #6 : November 05, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
When I was a teenager, I had heard about him but didn't know what he looked like. So one day I was walking down Church St in town and this big tall black guy started walking next me and asked if I do the weights, can I feel your muscle on your arm!!!!!! I said no and ran off into WH Smith's!!! The thought that it was him, hit me on my way home from town. I'm just glad he approached me in a packed city centre where I was able to make a sharp exit!!! Phew!!!

He should be locked up defo, the weirdo!!!

loydy Offline
  • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
Reply #7 : November 06, 2006, 03:20:19 PM »
im havin nightmares just seein his face in the paper!!!
im the man who makes husbands jealous!!!

Court LFC Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,302 posts | 135 
Reply #8 : November 08, 2006, 12:27:44 AM »
The f**king nutcase...

Madzz Adzz Offline
  • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
Reply #9 : November 09, 2006, 10:19:50 PM »
weirdo!

Jabba Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,376 posts |
Reply #10 : November 09, 2006, 11:01:57 PM »

Do not show this man your muscles.

RedWilly Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,659 posts | 111 
Reply #11 : November 10, 2006, 06:54:46 PM »
has anyone got a picture of this nutjob.

lfc kid Offline
  • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
Reply #12 : November 10, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »
Quote from: "Liverbird"

Jabba posted the pic ^^^

this guy needs locked up
come on u reds!!

RedWilly Offline

• 5,659 posts | 111 
Reply #13 : November 18, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
Quote from: Liverbird

Jabba posted the pic ^^^

this guy needs locked up
has he it's not on my computer but my computers sh*te so it could take awhile for it to load up.

Bootle Buck Offline
  • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
Reply #14 : November 26, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
Aye, seen this guy once in town years ago town was crowded. Although I'm 6ft 5 and 18 stone so I don't think I'm an obvious target for him...

The below taken from the net, the urban myths and legends are what used to the rounds when i was younger and some of the older lads in our street you to say "purple Aki is goi to get yer"... to try and put the shites up you

Akinwale Arobieke, known locally as Purple Aki, is a convicted criminal from the North West of England. He was widely believed to be an urban legend until his imprisonment in Liverpool in 2001. He was well known as a "bogeyman" in the area, with stories of his activity reaching as far as Wigan and Doncaster. Many stories talk of his sexual attacks, but he has never been found guilty of anything of a sexual nature.

Criminal history
Akinwale Arobieke was born in 1961 and lived on South Hill Road, Toxteth, Liverpool until he was arrested in 2001. He appeared in court on 22nd November 2001, pleading not guilty to fifty counts of indecent assault and harassment against fourteen teenage boys between February 1995 and September 2000. He was convicted of threatening behaviour and was jailed for thirty months.[1]

Released in 2003, Arobieke resumed his activities and was quickly arrested and charged with fifteen counts of harrassment. During the course of the trial 123 people were interviewed by police, including one family who were forced into the Witness Protection Programme as a result of threats from Arobieke. This lead to Arobieke being additionally charged with witness intimidation. On 15 December 2003 he was jailed for six years by Preston Crown Court, pleading guilty to the charges. When sentencing Arobieke, Judge Slinger said: "You are a danger to young men and your behaviour is both strange and obsessive.".[2]

He was released on license on 26 October 2006. Unusually, Merseyside police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for a Sexual Offences Prevention Order against Arobieke, although he was never convicted of a sex offence. Under the terms of the order, Arobieke was banned from touching, feeling or measuring muscles, asking people to do squat exercises in public, entering the towns of St Helens, Warrington or Widnes without police permission and loitering near schools, gyms or sports clubs.[3]

Legends and urban myths
'Purple Aki' is a rare example of an urban legend that appears to have some basis in fact. It is not known when the legend of 'Purple Aki' became established but most sources seem to point to the mid 1980's.[citation needed] In its most basic form, the story is of a sexual predator who attacks and/or captures school children and carves the initials "P.A." into their buttocks. Other versions involve rape or mutilation of his victims.

The origin of his nickname is dubious with many supposed origins. It has been said to derive from his severe acne, a purple cape he supposedly wore, the large purple tongue he would show off when leering at teenage boys or that suggestion that he is "so black, he's purple".

Specific legends include:

The story of a teenage boy named Gary Kelly who was so tormented by Aki that he threw himself under a train to escape. Other versions of the tale say that Kelly was running from Aki when he was hit by a train on a level crossing, or that Kelly attempted to hide under a stationary train in New Brighton station and was electrocuted by the live rail.[citation needed]
A boy named only as "Peter" who has spoken out against his ordeal at the hands of Aki[citation needed], who allegedly forced him to perform squat exercises in public outside his local gymnasium. A court order has now banned Aki from forcing youths to engage in such activities, and a charity has been set up to help Peter in his recuperation of this terrifying episode.[citation needed]
Another victim, Jacob Milroy, was said to have been confronted by Purple Aki and asked "pop or slash?". Milroy replied "both" and was subsequently sexually abused and mutilated. The legend went on to say that Aki was not charged because Milroy's reply of "both" was taken as consent and therefore Aki's attack was not rape

willowlfc Offline
  • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
Reply #15 : November 26, 2006, 08:44:35 PM »
unblieveable apologise for the spelling

banksiemagic Offline
  • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
Reply #16 : November 26, 2006, 10:31:35 PM »
It'a amazing that this guy is still at large. rumours of him were rife when i was at school in the late 80's/early 90's, especially the carving of initials thing. it was said that he was the biggest black man you've ever seen, hung aroung on the trains & around Birkenhead Park. the sudden reappearence of his name after so long sends a shiver down my spine. i don't believe that such a trifling thing as a court order is going to stop him getting his pleasures one way or another. this is obviously a troubled & sick individual that needs help, preferably in a secure & far away location - like Alaska!
do not walk in front of me for i may not follow, do not walk behind me for i may not lead - walk beside me, be my friend & you'll never walk alone.

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,282 posts | 830 
Reply #17 : November 28, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »
Personally think he should be given a warden's uniform, lets see all these scallies and wannabee gangsters from norris green and croxteth deal with him

The whole area of merseyside would calm down if they knew Purple Aki was a warden

some of the biggest gobshites (sorry hard lads) have sh*t themselves at the thought of being cornered by this nutjob

molby86 Offline
  • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
  • Best left foot ever.........
Reply #18 : November 28, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »
I remember this guy from my school days....looks like the justice system has come up trumps again....jailed in 2003 for 6 years but out in 2006...mmmm.....my maths must be bad.... :-\
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:02:34 PM by molby86 »
Rambo, rambo, rambo, rambo, rambo...........

OldSchoolCanes Offline
  • On Trial

• 3 posts |
Reply #19 : December 13, 2006, 11:16:36 PM »
I am the GREAT OSC!  The only muscles I feel are my own.  Let me dumb it down for you pathetic morons.  I will laugh about this after tuna time.

Jabba Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,376 posts |
Reply #20 : December 14, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »
I am the GREAT OSC!  The only muscles I feel are my own.  Let me dumb it down for you pathetic morons.  I will laugh about this after tuna time.

???

RedWilly Offline

• 5,659 posts | 111 
Reply #21 : December 14, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »
And thats meant to mean what exactly??

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Reply #22 : December 14, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »
Another weirdo me thinks !   :confused-smiley-013:

YNWA - Thanks Grandad

willowlfc Offline
  • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
Reply #23 : December 14, 2006, 08:06:31 PM »
what going on here like?

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Reply #24 : December 14, 2006, 08:08:49 PM »
Just wonderin that ourselves Willow !!

YNWA - Thanks Grandad

FamousLiverbird100 Offline
  • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
Reply #25 : December 14, 2006, 08:13:01 PM »
feel my muscles
F@MOU$ L!V£RB!RD

willowlfc Offline
  • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
Reply #26 : December 14, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »
think he should be band for abusive language to other members "pathetic morons"

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Reply #27 : December 14, 2006, 08:15:21 PM »

I'd say the same meself but i'd prob get in trouble !!!   After all it is the sesaon of goodwill an all that !  :laughing-smiley-014:

YNWA - Thanks Grandad

FamousLiverbird100 Offline
  • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
Reply #28 : December 14, 2006, 09:08:13 PM »
think he should be band for abusive language to other members "pathetic morons"

i was jokin, blimmey!!!
F@MOU$ L!V£RB!RD

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Reply #29 : December 14, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »

Was that aimed at me or willow ?  i was joking as well - take it easy mate, check out the smiley at the end... 

YNWA - Thanks Grandad