Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Boxing

Read 224313 times
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #115: Apr 27, 2010 01:42:51 pm
      I cant see it going to points Jase, I get the feeling that one of them will land a few heavy shots and it will be stopped - just cant make up my mind who.

Will be difficult for a ref to stop this, especially in the early rounds. 2 million PPV buys and then a 3rd round stoppage from the referee? Cant see that happening. Think Mosley will box smartly, not go for the early knockout. His versatility will take Mayweather some time to figure out and Mosley will win a good part of the early rounds. Mayweather will win the middle rounds while Mosley will try to come up with something new that can surprise Mayweather. Mosley will come strong in the late rounds pressure Mayweather hard winning the last rounds and scoring a close UD.

Thats my pic at least. Still believe Mayweather is slightly overrated.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #116: May 02, 2010 12:55:45 am
      I wouls agree that MMA is bigger than Boxing now, No doubt.  But Boxings fall is due to the Heavyweight divisions. Not the Middleweight or Welterweight divisions.

I think the Mosley Mayweather fight is going to be a good fight. Could go all the way.  Its these divisions that keep boxing PPV's still making money and the sport relevant.   

The Heavyweight division is a joke. Can anyone tell me who is the Heavyweight champ?  K;itchko?...I really dont even know.  The lower divisions are so much better and so more evenly based.  I think now Boxing has gotten smart and has tried to take guys like Don King and his crooked ass out of anything.  I know he still promoted the big fights bt its mostly just his name now. The councils and officials know hes a crook and rigs fights.  The best day for boxing will be the day he is gone completely.

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #117: May 02, 2010 01:14:57 am
      I wouls agree that MMA is bigger than Boxing now, No doubt.  But Boxings fall is due to the Heavyweight divisions. Not the Middleweight or Welterweight divisions.

I think the Mosley Mayweather fight is going to be a good fight. Could go all the way.  Its these divisions that keep boxing PPV's still making money and the sport relevant.   

The Heavyweight division is a joke. Can anyone tell me who is the Heavyweight champ?  K;itchko?...I really dont even know.  The lower divisions are so much better and so more evenly based.  I think now Boxing has gotten smart and has tried to take guys like Don King and his crooked ass out of anything.  I know he still promoted the big fights bt its mostly just his name now. The councils and officials know hes a crook and rigs fights.  The best day for boxing will be the day he is gone completely.

The Klichko Brothers hold 2 of the heavyweight belts and David haye has the other.

The heavyweight division has been woeful for the last 10 years. David Haye is a quality boxer but is retiring in 4 fights :(.

Mayweather will win comfortably tonight, I know this Mosley fella is half decent but Mayweather will be on top of his game.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #118: May 02, 2010 03:10:22 am
      1st fight then, Saldivia vs Ouali.

1st punch and Saldivia knocks Ouali to the floor, Ouali gets to his feet and knocks Saldivia to the floor.
      Saldivia was rocked, Ouali seen that and knocked him down again. Fight over after 1.40 in the 1st round, great bit of boxing.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #119: May 02, 2010 08:53:23 am
      Will be difficult for a ref to stop this, especially in the early rounds. 2 million PPV buys and then a 3rd round stoppage from the referee? Cant see that happening. Think Mosley will box smartly, not go for the early knockout. His versatility will take Mayweather some time to figure out and Mosley will win a good part of the early rounds. Mayweather will win the middle rounds while Mosley will try to come up with something new that can surprise Mayweather. Mosley will come strong in the late rounds pressure Mayweather hard winning the last rounds and scoring a close UD.

Thats my pic at least. Still believe Mayweather is slightly overrated.

What a F***ing bad prediction I made there!

Props to Mayweather, he was damn good.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #120: May 02, 2010 08:17:16 pm
      What a F***ing bad prediction I made there!

Props to Mayweather, he was damn good.
      I watched every round.  Mayweather certainly won the fight but I didnt see him really dominate.  Mosley didn't dominate either.  It was actually a pretty stale fight.  Mosley had a good 2nd and 3rd he landed some really solid shots to the head, Mayweather didn't go down and I think Mosley just gave it his all in the first 3 rounds and when Mayweather came back it took Mosley out of the fight.

Props to Mosley. Now we get to see if Mayweather is going to fight Pacquiao.  I think Pacquiao would destroy Mayweather.  He's faster, stronger, younger and a better all around fighter. Mayweather is avoiding him. I think he knows that Pacquiao would beat him.  Mayweather didn't really show me anything last night. If he couldnt knock Mosley out and had to go 12 rounds with him, it shows me that he cant beat Pacquiao.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #121: May 02, 2010 08:18:49 pm
      He was to quick for Mosley to be honest, he is technically excellant but have to say he is not that exciting to watch. He is dodging Pacquio again when the same horse sh*t excuse.

It is obvious he is afraid of Manny he only seems to fight people past there best. I think Pacquio would knock him out.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #122: May 02, 2010 10:46:46 pm
      He was to quick for Mosley to be honest, he is technically excellant but have to say he is not that exciting to watch. He is dodging Pacquio again when the same horse sh*t excuse.

It is obvious he is afraid of Manny he only seems to fight people past there best. I think Pacquio would knock him out.
      Pacquiao is a monster... Mayweather is just content at keeping an undefeated record. He'll continue to fight guys who will bring in a good PPV but not good enough to beat him. 

Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a HUGE payday.  Certainly the fight of the year. Could be the fight of the decade if they fight soon. I think Mayweather can take it deep maybe 7-8 rounds.  Eventually, Manny's youth, skills will take him to the win.  Mayweather has a solid chin. He can take a hit. I dont see Manny going in and getting a KO or TKO in the first 2 rounds.  Mayweather still has skills, you dont just forget how to fight, he is 41-0 for a reason.

I think the problem is Mayweather is not ready to fight him. Thats it.  If Mayweather thought he could win they would of fought 3 months ago.  For example Ricky Hatton is a great fighter.  He could take a beating and still keep fighting.  Pacquiao destroyed Hatton. It wasn't even close. You know Mayweather saw that fight.  I think if Hatton didn't fight Manny, then Mayweather and Manny would of fought by now. Then he goes TKO vs Cotto and gets a Decision vs  Clottey both excellent fighters.  He did go 12 rounds in 5 of his last 10 fights. He can go the distance. I just think he is a better all around fighter right now.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #123: May 04, 2010 01:09:20 pm
      Mayweather was superb, bit harsh to say he didnt dominate when he clearly won every round bar 1 or 2.

He was far too quick for Mosley but the Pacman is just as quick as Mayweather if not quicker so we will see - this fight just has to happen soon.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #124: May 04, 2010 01:54:55 pm
      Khan vs Malinaggi 15th May.

Predictions?

Khan UD for me.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #125: May 04, 2010 08:30:39 pm
      Khan vs Malinaggi 15th May.

Predictions?

Khan UD for me.

Agree, but it wont be easy. Malinaggi is a tricky opponent and he has improved vastly since getting beaten by Hatton. You could argue that he won both fights against Diaz, since many thought he was robbed in the first. He has a good chin and is very slick, difficult to hit. If he had any power what so ever, he would be a pound for pounder, but unfortunately for him he cant break an egg.

Khan is extremely talented and matches Malinaggi for speed and has Roach in his corner, so I think he will win 8 rounds to 4 or 7 to 5 but he will have to be at his best.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #126: May 05, 2010 10:18:59 am
      The Khan fight, is this pay per view or free to watch - anyone know..??
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #127: May 05, 2010 01:23:45 pm
      It's on ITV mate.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #128: May 05, 2010 02:59:13 pm
      Cheers Jase....
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #129: May 15, 2010 12:06:56 pm
      What time will the Khan fight start?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #130: May 15, 2010 04:26:06 pm

Started at the weigh-in :laugh:

Probably around 10.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #131: May 15, 2010 04:33:28 pm
      Kahn going to loose tonight, just can't stand him.

Hopefully he gets smashed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #132: May 15, 2010 04:39:33 pm
      Khan will win, 3rd round knockout ;)
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #133: May 15, 2010 04:46:42 pm
      who is he fighting?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #134: May 15, 2010 04:48:35 pm
      Paulie Malignaggi
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #135: May 15, 2010 04:58:08 pm
      Is he any good?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #136: May 15, 2010 10:39:02 pm

About 3am, programme starts at 2.40am, can imagine it being not long after that.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #137: May 15, 2010 10:43:16 pm

Decent fighter, has good speed and movement, and is a clever boxer.

Can't punch for sh*t, but I imagine that's why Khan is fighting him.

A good workout, but I think Khans power will tell in the middle or latter rounds.

Quick Reply