Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

iTunes / iPod

Read 30229 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      iTunes / iPod
      Jan 25, 2009 10:26:31 pm
      Ok firstly, sorry if this should be taged on to an other thread but I searched I could not find one.

My wife has had a Nano for 8 months now, and I have not got to grip with the software/user interface of iTunes. Generally, How the hell in Zeus' but hole do you import albums. First of all it imported every sodding album on the PC, which I had to delete every sodding track individually!!! :mad:
      We have created an "album" of fast running songs, from various albums, renamed them, so they would have the same Artist, Album Title, Year, genre etc not to confuse the piece of sh*t But HOW THE FU*K DO YOU IMPORT A SODDING ALBUM!!!!. I noticed in the Apple shop, that they actually give lessons on how to use these things that come with NO software, NO charger, NO manuel, which makes me think they are not that easy to use in the first place.
      What makes he want to pull my hair out is that I am very computer literate. All the other MP3 things that I have easy!, Copy and Paste, no problem, but Apple, OHHHHHHHHHHHH no, we are special, we can not allow you to have any independence, or give you a freakin' clue. Nothing to say, import album, download file, or a visible folder you can Copy and Paste. FU*KING NOTHING!! So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank, Maddog, aka RedPuppy
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: iTunes / iPod
      Reply #1: Jan 26, 2009 07:18:28 pm
      File > Add to Library... Then find the album/song you want to import.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #2: Jan 27, 2009 04:29:54 pm
      File > Add to Library... Then find the album/song you want to import.
      Thanks, some times it works, sometimes (most) it don't... Just hate the thing, told my wife not to get one.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jan 27, 2009 05:25:15 pm
      I do the same as what Paul Robbo says mate and it always works fine?

File > 'Add folder to library' to add an album.

File > 'Add file to library' to add a song.

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Jan 27, 2009 07:32:40 pm
      I do the same as what Paul Robbo says mate and it always works fine?

File > 'Add folder to library' to add an album.

File > 'Add file to library' to add a song.

Yeh sorry I didn't make it clear. I use a Mac and it only has 'Add to Library'. If your on a PC do it the way RK said.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jan 27, 2009 11:05:36 pm
      Yeh sorry I didn't make it clear. I use a Mac and it only has 'Add to Library'. If your on a PC do it the way RK said.

Show off! You're as bad as JD you.  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2009 12:46:00 pm
      On the Mac if you play a song it automatically adds to your iPod Library.  Otherwise I add albums using the Add Folder.  If you're adding an album from CD it just imports automatically doesn't it?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2009 12:10:46 pm
      Put in the CD. Open it up from your computer section so you can see the list of songs. Right click then select open with>iTunes
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2009 12:43:03 pm
      Thanks for all the help guys, but I just hate the thing, I guess I will need to go to Apple n town had be shown how to do it. I think I have a mental block with it 'cos its got it's own software thats not windows based. Gone back to my Creative Zen. Only problem is its Pink, got it for the wife ages ago, but she never took to it...so I'm left with a Pink MP3 player.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2009 12:50:40 pm
      Thanks for all the help guys, but I just hate the thing, I guess I will need to go to Apple n town had be shown how to do it. I think I have a mental block with it 'cos its got it's own software thats not windows based. Gone back to my Creative Zen. Only problem is its Pink, got it for the wife ages ago, but she never took to it...so I'm left with a Pink MP3 player.

iTunes should work on Windows. Thats all you need for iPods. And Pink MP3, you best hope they make covers for it :P
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2009 02:42:46 pm
      iTunes should work on Windows. Thats all you need for iPods. And Pink MP3, you best hope they make covers for it :P
      No covers but coat pockets ;)
      8Gb so no complaints, but
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2009 05:58:58 pm
      No covers but coat pockets ;)
      8Gb so no complaints, but

thats pimping :P
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Oct 22, 2009 09:51:18 pm
      Does anyone else think that iTunes organises your music in a very sh*t and messy fashion.

And does anyone have any tips on sorting, without having to arse about too much?

I've just spent the last hour deleting duplicated songs. >:(
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2009 10:05:32 pm
      It's not iTunes.

It's you.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2009 10:10:50 pm
      Does anyone else think that iTunes organises your music in a very sh*t and messy fashion.

And does anyone have any tips on sorting, without having to arse about too much?

Stop smokin'.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Oct 23, 2009 06:34:09 pm

I'm beginning to believe you. ;)

Helpful. ::)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #16: Oct 23, 2009 08:34:15 pm

File >>> Show Duplicates, is it really that hard? :P

I find it really easy to use, and it lists them well.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #17: Oct 24, 2009 02:50:16 am
      File >>> Show Duplicates, is it really that hard? :P

Evidently not! :D

I must have got them all as none are showing now.

My new Kasabian album and new Snow Patrol album aren't showing at all. It shows the previous albums but not the nw (recently downloaded) ones. Trying to write them on to CD to just rip them straight onto iTunes but that's a seperate issue. F*cking electrical goods this week. >:(
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Nov 23, 2009 10:53:46 pm
      iTunes still not recognising a variety of albums.

It does seem to be illegally downloaded legitimately purchased one. Do you think this may be something to do with it?

And my CD drive still won't work. :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2009 10:58:05 pm
      iTunes still not recognising a variety of albums.

Still not recognising? What - you can't upload them?

To be honest, and I hate to get all Apple v Windows again - but when I used to use iTunes on the PC it was the most god awful program ever.  I would go back the next day and a CD I had uploaded would have disappeared.

My iTunes folder is about 180Gb now so I keep mine on an external portable drive.  Handy because I can plug it in to any computer and start up iTunes on that computer.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Nov 23, 2009 11:06:58 pm
      My iTunes folder is about 180Gb now so I keep mine on an external portable drive.  Handy because I can plug it in to any computer and start up iTunes on that computer.

That's a fair shout that, and you're probably right about the old Apple v Windows thing. I'm currently convincing iTunes that my Killers albums haven't moved.

Only noticing all this because I'm going through artist by artist and doing the album covers manually. :D

Kasabian and Coldplay just won't go on though. Pissing me off, some boss albums that iTunes doesn't agree with.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: Nov 23, 2009 11:07:46 pm
      How do you go about transferring your iTunes folder to an external hard drive then? That would be sound for me because I'm getting a new comp soon.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #22: Nov 23, 2009 11:37:27 pm
      How do you go about transferring your iTunes folder to an external hard drive then? That would be sound for me because I'm getting a new comp soon.

Go into Itunes, manually manage music, then click, file , library and organise, you need to "consolidate" your library. Then go to the file under music, and find your itunes library file. You need to move this to your removable disk, then on the new computer install itunes and simply drag the folder into the Itunes window et voila! The itunes library file should be the same size in GB as your actual music library.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #23: Nov 23, 2009 11:39:11 pm
      Liking the sound of that. Do you need to then delete it off your laptop/computer?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Nov 24, 2009 12:32:07 am
      Nice one Alastair.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #25: Nov 24, 2009 12:54:16 am
      I'd follow some kind of video guide just to make sure although Alastair has got it spot on.

You not only need to move the tracks over to an external drive but you also need to make sure you move the library file off your PC as well.

If you were a really clever b***ard you could attach a network hard drive to your router as well.

I've got one of those little My Passport jobbies.  They are ideal as they don't need a separate power cable and you can take them with you on laptops on sh*t.

Plus you can always use your library on other people's computers by clicking Ctrl when you open iTunes and navigating to your own library.  Doesn't interfere with somebody's else's library.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #26: Nov 30, 2009 03:40:20 pm
      Right, been downloading a few family guy episodes :P
      And....its only let me have 4 on my itunes ???
      The total time, is an hour so i wonder if that has anything to do with it?
      Help? :P
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Nov 30, 2009 08:25:20 pm
      Right. I've just been reading all about how to put all my iTunes library onto an external hard drive. I'm still a bit frightened though, but I want it all on an external drive as I reckon I might need a new laptop very shortly. Just read all about 'consolidating' the files and changing the path to the external drive, letting it copy them all over and then clearing out the original media folder. Has anyone done this and is it normally hassle free? I saw a comment saying that all the artwork vanished for someone's stuff they'd purchased from iTunes store. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, if I do this can I then download a newer iTunes (the download kept failing on mine so I'm still on version 7) and change the default path name to where my external is?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Nov 30, 2009 08:28:12 pm
      Gow, are you looking to transfer all your songs to a new computer?

If so I can tell you how to do it easily - I did it just the other day.

No external hardrive required - just your iPod and a USB cable...
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2009 08:43:53 pm
      I want to get rid of all the music on my laptop onto an external drive so I can delete it from my laptop (it's about 15GB). Trouble is, in my preferences, I didn't have 'Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library' ticked, so I'm thinking that certain things (ie all the things just in my Music folder on the the C drive but not in the iTunes folder within there) will be in the iTunes folder AND the normal music folder duplicated. So if I consolidate the files will that cause a clash and ruin any tags I've created to name tracks? And will it result in me ending up duplicating stuff on my iPod? Don't think it should, as I don't do automatic syncing on it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2009 08:49:05 pm
      I'm not sure I understand what you mean mate.

How come you want to delete the music from your laptop? Do you sync using your laptop? If so, you need the music to still be there otherwise you will lose it all.

Are you looking to move the files to a new computer or not?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2009 08:51:45 pm
      I do the manual thing for syncing. ie It doesn't do it automatically, I do t manually by draggin and dropping the newer stuff after I rip it. But importing it into the iTunes library doesn't automatically put it in the iTunes folder unless you have what I mentioned above ticked, but I'm nervy about losing stuff and I've bought a fair amount of stuff and ripped a fair amount of my CD's (about 10GB on my Pod).
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #32: Nov 30, 2009 08:53:55 pm
      You can't get rid of the files for the music on the computer that you want to sync off.

Last week I managed to get all of my music files onto my laptop however when before I used to sync off the home PC.

Do you want me to tell you how to move all of your music into a new computer, or am I completely misunderstanding you.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #33: Nov 30, 2009 09:01:47 pm
      Ross mate, I want to have it on an external hard drive and redirect my iTunes to look there for it so it can be deleted from my C drive. Kapeesh?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Nov 30, 2009 09:11:27 pm
      Ah, understood!!

Well I might be wrong but I think you may just have to copy and paste all of the files onto your hard drive and then delete them from your C drive. Then re-add all the files again to your library and re-sync your iPod. You shouldn't lose any artwork etc.

Like I said last week I copied all of the music from my iPod onto my new laptop and I haven't lost anything bar the star ratings.

Actually.

You might be best doing it the way I did.

If you plug in your iPod to your laptop, then:

"Navigate over to the iPod in My Computer and make sure you set the folder options to show hidden files. Find the hidden folder called iPod Control and even though it's filled with many files with nonsensical names this is in fact the music library on the iPod. Copy that folder to anywhere on the PC which will take a while if you have a lot of songs. When this copy is complete open iTunes and in the Files menu tell iTunes to Add a Folder and select the iPod Control folder you just copied over."
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #35: Nov 30, 2009 09:19:34 pm
      Thanks Ross. Sounds totally different to the method I read about (above). Anyone else want to help too? :)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #36: Nov 30, 2009 09:20:44 pm
      Right, downloaded my videos onto itunes now :)
      And i've plugged my ipod in, and it charges but nothing comes up on itunes :/
      By the way there is a problem with my laptop (no desktop shows up, or no start bar, just the 'documents box) BUT it worked yesterday :/

Help ???
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Nov 30, 2009 09:22:46 pm
      Thanks Ross. Sounds totally different to the method I read about (above). Anyone else want to help too? :)

I don't think there's a way of directly changing it so that its source is your external hard drive to be honest - you definately won't be able to play any music through your laptop when the hard drive isn't connected anyway.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #38: Nov 30, 2009 09:23:01 pm
      ???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2010 10:41:30 pm
      I'm currently on an iPod importing frenzy.  Throwing all my CD's in to iTunes.

To be fair iTunes is doing a cracking job with all the track names and everything - I'm surprised by how good it is.

I also bought a program called TuneUp which finds all missing artwork and even finds song names for any unlabelled stuff you have and it works quite well.

Up to 8620 songs, though iTunes reckons I have about 1000 duplicates of songs on more than one album.  Reckon this 250Gb external drive is going to need to be replaced soon.

Anybody else got loads of dupes?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2010 11:13:31 pm
      I'm currently on an iPod importing frenzy.  Throwing all my CD's in to iTunes.

To be fair iTunes is doing a cracking job with all the track names and everything - I'm surprised by how good it is.

I also bought a program called TuneUp which finds all missing artwork and even finds song names for any unlabelled stuff you have and it works quite well.

Up to 8620 songs, though iTunes reckons I have about 1000 duplicates of songs on more than one album.  Reckon this 250Gb external drive is going to need to be replaced soon.

Anybody else got loads of dupes?

I'm doing the exact same thing at the moment!

Practically everything in the house on iTunes ready to go on my iPod.

Currently cleaning everything up and adding artwork etc. Gonna be superb when done.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2010 07:07:10 pm
      Just a hint, any duplicates you think you have, click on file>show duplicates and you can delete the copies there.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2010 09:26:57 pm
      Just a hint, any duplicates you think you have, click on file>show duplicates and you can delete the copies there.

How did you think I knew how many duplicates I had? ;)

I almost feel like I can't delete them because although they are the same song they are on different albums.  I don't want albums with holes in.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2010 09:34:57 pm
      Been wondering about a way of finding artwork for albums. Might give that TuneUp a go.

Im in the process of trying to remember songs that i know i like but don't have. Lost a lot of music when i transferred stuff onto my laptop from the computer back home in Australia for some reason.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Feb 04, 2010 03:05:32 pm
      How did you think I knew how many duplicates I had? ;)

I thought that Tune Up thing you have told you how many duplicates you have. :)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #45: Feb 12, 2010 02:12:49 pm
      Right I'm thinking of backing up my songs
      As I'm also thinking of having my laptop wiped due to 'infection'
      Do i just copy over my songs saved in my documents onto a memory stick?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2010 06:21:19 pm
      Right I'm thinking of backing up my songs
      As I'm also thinking of having my laptop wiped due to 'infection'
      Do I just copy over my songs saved in my documents onto a memory stick?

Saw that and just immediately thought of '28 Days Later' and your laptop being a crazy zombie thing :laugh:

Yeah, my girl recently cleaned up her laptop, and cos ive got a 320gb external harddrive, she copied everything onto that and it worked fine :)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2010 06:25:58 pm
      Nice 1 mate :)
      Just copied some stuff (songs + FM10 stuff ;) ) onto my memory stick :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Feb 12, 2010 06:35:22 pm
      Can't forget the FM10 stuff ;)

Got the free trial of that TuneUp thing you recommended up there JD and gave it a whirl last night. Good stuff that, may fork out for it and use it a lot more. Really does a great job. Especially love getting the cover art for my albums!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #49: Mar 12, 2010 08:37:58 pm
      Downloaded some family guy and south park episodes, and saved them into the movies area on my iTunes a while ago
      But they haven't shown up on my iPod touch as i have just updated it???
      Have I saved them in the wrong area for them to go on my touch?
      Or could this be because i deleted the shows from my folder?
      Cus there's only the 'video' section on my touch so...
      Help? :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Apr 11, 2010 11:44:21 pm
      How the f*ck do I get photos from my iPhone, onto my PC, so I can then play with them as I would with any other picture taking device. I.e, photoshop some hairs on my chest, etc.

EDIT: Swerve that entirely. You can get them drag and drop style from My Computer.

KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #51: May 10, 2010 08:54:38 pm
      Just had to restore me iPod touch, but all me music & videos are gone    :f_wah:

Anyone know how to get it back? 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #52: May 10, 2010 09:16:08 pm
      Just had to restore me iPod touch, but all me music & videos are gone    :f_wah:

Anyone know how to get it back? 

Just load them back up from your PC. I think that's the only way.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #53: May 10, 2010 10:46:43 pm
      Just load them back up from your PC. I think that's the only way.

Nice one, but I don't tend to keep music after downloading it    :-\

Starting from scratch as we speak, 1200 songs to go    ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #54: May 26, 2010 03:50:45 am
      So, some help needed.

So i had to send my computer off to get fixed as the hard drive fu**ed itself. Got it back today (finally) and i have unfortunately lost EVERYTHING. It's a brand new computer, basically. Which, i really didn't have anything of great importance so whatever. But, my issue is this: What will happen when i plug my iphone into the computer? Will it reset it since it isn't synced to this computer anymore, and lose all my music and all that? What can i do to get around that? Anyone have any ideas?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #55: May 26, 2010 08:23:33 am
      So, some help needed.

So I had to send my computer off to get fixed as the hard drive fu**ed itself. Got it back today (finally) and I have unfortunately lost EVERYTHING. It's a brand new computer, basically. Which, I really didn't have anything of great importance so whatever. But, my issue is this: What will happen when I plug my iphone into the computer? Will it reset it since it isn't synced to this computer anymore, and lose all my music and all that? What can I do to get around that? Anyone have any ideas?

Had this issue before mate.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news in this instance.

But from my experience it will say that e.g. "Dave's Ipod is synced to another Itunes" The only thing you can do is probably restore it, losing all your music in the process. That was my experience anyway F***ing twice allready!

Someone else maybe knows better?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: May 26, 2010 10:57:00 am
      There is another way.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2187421_transfer-music-ipod-itunes.html

Allows you to take your music from your iPod and transfer it straight onto your new computer. Definitely works - I did it when my main computer broke to put my music onto my laptop.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #57: May 27, 2010 03:59:42 am
      There is another way.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2187421_transfer-music-ipod-itunes.html

Allows you to take your music from your iPod and transfer it straight onto your new computer. Definitely works - I did it when my main computer broke to put my music onto my laptop.

Ah! Fantastic! I shall give it a go and let ya know what happens.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #58: Jul 13, 2010 11:20:50 pm
      Ok firstly, sorry if this should be taged on to an other thread but I searched I could not find one.

My wife has had a Nano for 8 months now, and I have not got to grip with the software/user interface of iTunes. Generally, How the hell in Zeus' but hole do you import albums. First of all it imported every sodding album on the PC, which I had to delete every sodding track individually!!! :mad:
      We have created an "album" of fast running songs, from various albums, renamed them, so they would have the same Artist, Album Title, Year, genre etc not to confuse the piece of sh*t But HOW THE FU*K DO YOU IMPORT A SODDING ALBUM!!!!. I noticed in the Apple shop, that they actually give lessons on how to use these things that come with NO software, NO charger, NO manuel, which makes me think they are not that easy to use in the first place.
      What makes he want to pull my hair out is that I am very computer literate. All the other MP3 things that I have easy!, Copy and Paste, no problem, but Apple, OHHHHHHHHHHHH no, we are special, we can not allow you to have any independence, or give you a freakin' clue. Nothing to say, import album, download file, or a visible folder you can Copy and Paste. FU*KING NOTHING!! So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank, Maddog, aka RedPuppy

18 month update! After a free lesson from the Apple shop, all is sorted. (mainly due to my acquisition of an iPhone). Anyone else having problems, I urge them to visit there local Apple shop.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #59: Oct 10, 2010 08:37:53 pm
      Another "daft" question. Sorry for being lazy, but....

If you buy an Album from iTunes, can you burn it to a CD?

I think you can, but I just want to make sure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Oct 11, 2010 07:34:25 am
      Yeah you can.

In iTunes, drag the songs in to a new playlist (on iTunes, not on your iPod/iPhone) and then go in to the new playlist. Then click:

File>Burn Playlist to Disc

Hey presto!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #61: Oct 16, 2010 07:17:45 pm
      Yeah you can.

In iTunes, drag the songs in to a new playlist (on iTunes, not on your iPod/iPhone) and then go in to the new playlist. Then click:

File>Burn Playlist to Disc

Hey presto!

Sorry never got back to you... Cheers
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #62: Oct 17, 2010 12:27:09 am
      On the updated iTunes, you can buy a new computer and then link set it up using the same iTunes account in your house over wifi. You can then share the same library, but both computers have to be on. This now allows you to easily put your existing music library from your old computer onto your new one.

It's miles better. As before it was a bloody nightmare.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Oct 17, 2010 02:22:41 pm
      Is the iphone number on the back of the phone?
      I presume it is a code rather than the contact phone number
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2010 04:43:17 pm
      Is the iphone number on the back of the phone?
      I presume it is a code rather than the contact phone number

May mean serial number.

Settings > General > About > ......
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #65: May 21, 2011 07:23:25 pm
      Well now that I have converted those pesky .flac files. http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=18333.0

I am now having problems uploading the album art.

"Get Album Artwork" does not work as it is a 3rd party download.

So I am copy and pasting the artwork Get Info tab, and just not working, this has worked fine before but not this time.

Any tips?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #66: Sep 21, 2011 04:12:12 pm
      Anyone know how to get a list of the tunes/albums that you have in your iTunes so you can print them off?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #67: Jan 11, 2012 01:52:49 pm
      Me again.

Can to save/burn an album from iTunes to a USB stick?

Or do you have to burn them to CD and then import import them back as an MP3? on a separate file?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #68: Jan 12, 2012 01:38:30 am
      Err... You could put the USB stick into your computer and then open the folder with the files on it. Select the songs, right click and choose open with iTunes
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #69: Jan 12, 2012 04:21:39 am
      The Ipod is easily the greatest media device of the 20th century, changing the entire music and recording business. Its physical, functional design and Iconic white color is instantly known around the world.

But they still cant manage to get the chapters of all my f***in' Audio books in the correct order.  ITunes and the IOS is the most frustrating, OS ever.  Maybe I am the only one who hates Itunes, but it actually frustrated me so much that I sold my Ipod and got a straight up MP3 player. It just drove me nuts. Songs would disappear, it wouldn't drag files. artwork would get mixed up and I couldn't fix it, the meta tags and song info had issues.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2012 02:23:35 pm
      Err... You could put the USB stick into your computer and then open the folder with the files on it. Select the songs, right click and choose open with iTunes

Thanks but, other way round. The tunes on in iTunes, and I want them on a USB stick.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2012 03:02:20 pm
      Thanks but, other way round. The tunes on in iTunes, and I want them on a USB stick.

Download a programme called "idump pro" and that takes all of your songs from your ipod and puts them onto your computer hard drive. After that then you just drag and drop (or copy and paste if that is what you prefare) from your hard drive to your usb :)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #72: Jan 15, 2012 05:08:04 pm
      Thanks for that, but as I am an old codger, I'll just rip a CD.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #73: Jun 11, 2012 04:16:30 pm
      Wondering if anyone could help me. I went to stick music on my ipod via Itunes. However, when I plug the Ipod in, it is not showing oin the screen that bit is connected, and Itunes is nor recognizing it. The laptop I am using makes the noise when you plug it in but not being recognized by Itunes, meaning I can't transfer music. I have tried resetting the Ipod, as well as trying another USB port. I plugged the Ipod in to a sound system and it recognized it okay. Anyone have any idea what I could do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #74: Jun 11, 2012 04:35:38 pm
      Is it charging while plugged into the laptop?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #75: Jun 11, 2012 04:37:40 pm
      Also try the following;

- On the Start menu, right click Computer then properites.
      - Click Device Manager.
      - Scroll down the list of devices to the Universal Serial Bus controllers
      - Click the plus (+) icon next to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
      - Double-click one of the indented USB Root Hub entries.
      - Click the Power Management tab.
      - Deselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
      - Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
      - Restart the computer.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #76: Jun 11, 2012 04:42:35 pm
      Wondering if anyone could help me. I went to stick music on my ipod via Itunes. However, when I plug the Ipod in, it is not showing oin the screen that bit is connected, and Itunes is nor recognizing it. The laptop I am using makes the noise when you plug it in but not being recognized by Itunes, meaning I can't transfer music. I have tried resetting the Ipod, as well as trying another USB port. I plugged the Ipod in to a sound system and it recognized it okay. Anyone have any idea what I could do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance.

Uninstall Itunes and re-install it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #77: Jun 11, 2012 04:47:36 pm
      So is the iPod showing up in My Computer?

Or is it just iTunes that isn't recognizing it?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #78: Jun 11, 2012 10:46:52 pm
      Is it charging while plugged into the laptop?

Not charging when plugged in.

So is the iPod showing up in My Computer?

Or is it just iTunes that isn't recognizing it?

Not showing in My Computer either.

Also try the following;

- On the Start menu, right click Computer then properites.
      - Click Device Manager.
      - Scroll down the list of devices to the Universal Serial Bus controllers
      - Click the plus (+) icon next to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
      - Double-click one of the indented USB Root Hub entries.
      - Click the Power Management tab.
      - Deselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
      - Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
      - Restart the computer.
      Uninstall Itunes and re-install it.

Which one should I do first? Might one work without doing the other?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #79: Jun 11, 2012 10:54:41 pm
      You need to uninstall it first mate, then install it again.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #80: Jun 11, 2012 11:27:06 pm
      You need to uninstall it first mate, then install it again.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go and hope for the best. Thing that is confusing me is that it is not showing up on My Computer as well but fingers crossed it will work out.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #81: Jun 11, 2012 11:45:46 pm
      Thanks mate, I'll give that a go and hope for the best. Thing that is confusing me is that it is not showing up on My Computer as well but fingers crossed it will work out.

Good luck mate, if I was you I'd check the USB at a mates or something or try another one just to check its not a fault with the USB.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #82: Jun 12, 2012 12:39:08 am
      Good luck mate, if I was you I'd check the USB at a mates or something or try another one just to check its not a fault with the USB.

Uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Plugged the iPod back in and it didn't seem to work. However, just as I was trying to navigate my way back to this thread to ask for more help, the ipod connected and I was able to transfer music again. Happy days!!! Thanks so much mate.

Also, thank you to ATK as well.

:clap:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #83: Jun 12, 2012 08:26:27 am
      Uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Plugged the iPod back in and it didn't seem to work. However, just as I was trying to navigate my way back to this thread to ask for more help, the ipod connected and I was able to transfer music again. Happy days!!! Thanks so much mate.

Also, thank you to ATK as well.

:clap:

No problem, glad to of helped.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #84: Jun 12, 2012 04:17:31 pm
      Nice one, bloody hate iTunes xD

Too much messing around, why cant they just be drag and drop like the old days :P
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2012 04:21:15 pm
      Nice one, bloody hate iTunes xD

Too much messing around, why cant they just be drag and drop like the old days :P

I know mate. No idea why it stopped working. Do you use an alternative? My Dad said that Windows Media Player is a lot better but I have never even tried using it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2012 04:58:29 pm
      I know mate. No idea why it stopped working. Do you use an alternative? My Dad said that Windows Media Player is a lot better but I have never even tried using it.
      I use VLC Player to play my media, its the best out there, highly recommend it!
      Just a shame you have to use iTunes to move your music back and forth between the iPhone/Pod.

VLC - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2012 08:09:09 pm
      I use VLC Player to play my media, its the best out there, highly recommend it!
      Just a shame you have to use iTunes to move your music back and forth between the iPhone/Pod.

VLC - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Cheers mate, I will have a wee look at it later. Unfortunately, when you buy in to an Apple product, you have to stick by their products and use their software.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #88: Jun 23, 2012 01:15:07 am
      For transferring music i use CopyTransManager. It is much better than iTunes.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #89: Jun 24, 2012 05:26:23 pm
      I use VLC aswell for videos, iTunes is less than useless in that department.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #90: Jul 18, 2012 08:34:17 am
      Does anyone use any good safe music download sites that are not Itunes?

I used to use one called mp3fund - a russian site where the cost was about 10c per song so a lot cheaper than Itunes.

It has now shut down so are there any out there that you would recommend?

Thanks
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #91: Sep 04, 2013 07:24:59 pm
      Blast from the past.

Home Sharing.

Can you home share with an iPod mini. iOS 6.1.3

Home sharing is switched on on the PC, but I can not see any Home Sharing tab, icon, app on the iPad.

Home Sharing is switched on on the iPad iTunes account, but where the hell to I connect to my PC?

Edit: Works on iPhone, not on iPod  :mad:
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2013 07:39:37 pm by RedPuppy »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #92: Aug 24, 2015 12:55:10 pm
      Does anyone know if its possible to download an earlier version of itunes to run on xp i know im old any help appreciated.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #93: Aug 24, 2015 06:53:45 pm
      Does anyone know if its possible to download an earlier version of itunes to run on xp i know im old any help appreciated.

Try this bud -> https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

You sould be able to find one that is compatible.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #94: Aug 24, 2015 07:04:47 pm
      Try this bud -> https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

You sould be able to find one that is compatible.
      Cheers FL will give it a go .

Quick Reply