Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prague)

Read 4270 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prague)
      Feb 16, 2009 08:17:35 pm
      Liverpool and Chelsea are leading the chase for Czech wonderkid Vaclav Kadlec. The 16-year-old striker, who has already been dubbed the 'next Tomas Rosicky', has been watched by a whole host of top European clubs while playing for Sparta Prague.Kadlec, who is already a member of the Czech under-19 side, had a trial at Anfield as a child before stating his desire to return home to be with his family.

But the Merseysiders are keen to lure Kadlec back to England before Chelsea get their hands on the promising forward.

And Rafa Benitez is expected to make a move for the player when the transfer window opens at the end of the season.

The future is bright. Maybe in a couple of years this lad could be playing up front with 'El Nino'.  ;D

Source: http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/14547/Rafa_eyes_new_Rosicky.aspx
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009 09:23:36 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Rafa - Wants to sign Vaclav Kadlec
      Reply #1: Feb 16, 2009 08:24:40 pm
      Says who?
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 16, 2009 08:36:37 pm
      Think we have enough kids at the club. We need a ready made player who will step in and do the biz.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2009 10:28:58 pm
      Signed him on Football Manager and I wasn't too impressed to be honest :D

I think this is just pure speculation and the fact that he is dubbed the next Rosicky is quite worrying seeing as he is always in the medical room!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2009 10:51:16 pm
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Feb 17, 2009 04:25:02 pm
      Yeah, next Tomas Rosicky?! Not sure I want him then, he'll just make the medical bills shoot up :D.

Seriously though, another young striker? Don't we have enough waiting in the wings, with Pacheco, Nemeth, N'Gog and a couple of others knocking on the door of the first team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Feb 17, 2009 04:37:39 pm
      Another wonderkid, christ the last bunch cannae even get a game!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Feb 17, 2009 04:54:30 pm
      Signed him on Football Manager and I wasn't too impressed to be honest :D

Get Guido Buchwald in, that's what I say!
      kopfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 17, 2009 04:55:32 pm
      Wonder Kid? wondering kid i suppose.. how good is good when you can play with youngster and can't play with the real professional in the Premier League. Liverpool is the Premier League and all young players branded as wonder kid or next super star .. ended playing in lower league, being sold for some profit. It that a way to make money?
      In the last 10~15 yrs.. I guess only Roy Evans did the job well.. polishing up Fowler and Owen. Can we get him to be our scout and youth coach? hahaha.
      Can we really look for true future star just like Messi, Pato, etc.. they were grab at young age but was already good enough to play at top league.
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 17, 2009 05:03:06 pm
      Can somebody post a video link with this guy ?
      snouty
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 17, 2009 06:04:02 pm
      if Rafa had any confidence in the likes of Nemeth, Ngog, Pacheco, Bruna and Ecclestone would he bother getting the scouts onto more young talent? I cant see that this story carries any merit whatsoever.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #11: Feb 17, 2009 08:55:32 pm
      Think we have enough kids at the club. 

No, we don't. Because if better ones are out there, they can replace the least-good ones at the club.

I mean, if another Messi was out there, we'd say no?

if Rafa had any confidence in the likes of Nemeth, Ngog, Pacheco, Bruna and Ecclestone would he bother getting the scouts onto more young talent? I cant see that this story carries any merit whatsoever.

Again, he may have confidence in them, but that doesn't mean we have to stop looking in case someone better is out there.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #12: Feb 17, 2009 09:26:46 pm

He's 16 years old! That's 4 strikers that are not in the first team (Ngog is). Surely LFC, the greatest football club in the world, have a youth setup that is capable of handling 5 strikers.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prague)
      Reply #13: Mar 30, 2009 04:03:30 pm
      Our reserve and u-18 team squads is massive. It stands at 62 players and I reckon some of them ain't real quality. Our staff really need to be keeping a eye around merseyside and Liverpool for the next stevie G no? I reckon rafa could go to the streets to do some scouting, it will definitely unearth a young talent rather than importing so called the superstars of the next generation. Have we lost pride in unearthing and training up our own merseyside talent to become the next big superstar? I dont know.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 30, 2009 11:55:00 pm
      you can never have too many kids at the club. i wont get my hopes up about about another wonderkid.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Mar 31, 2009 03:18:05 am
      Thing is, we dont have any wonderkids. We have promising players. If someone has an increased hype about him then get him in. If it doesnt work out then he joins a whole host of Academy players who dont make the grade but if he does then Rafa's a genius. 16 too, not like he's already pushing the first team.

Boss on FM too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Mar 31, 2009 03:19:46 am
      When I first read the threads title I thought it was about Leverkusen's left back who has the same last name (Kadlec) and I was coming here to say I'm a big fan of him.

Never heard of this kid though.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2009 07:15:59 pm
      Frankly, I cant really take the players that you have to pull their names out of your ass to pronounce. I say leave that to Arsenal, but if he's good, then, wait until he's great...or maybe it will be too late. But we have Nemeth and Pacheco, 'promising' enough
      tedward78
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 204 posts | -5 
      Reply #18: Apr 20, 2009 07:09:49 pm
      Nemeth and Pacheco are fine so I don't think we need this bloke
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 20, 2009 09:00:31 pm
      If he is good, then sign him, never have too much competition for young players.
      thedagger
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #20: May 01, 2009 08:54:23 am
      I don´t know. I saw him at some matches in czech league (we´ve horrible league >:() but he played only few minutes. I think, we´ve nemeth and pacheco and don´t need this player.

Quick Reply