Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Rick Parry to leave Liverpool FC

Read 23590 times
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 87 posts | -2 
      Rick Parry to leave Liverpool FC
      Feb 27, 2009 09:40:41 am
      According to sky sports news and as of yet unconfirmed by liverpool football club Rick parry has agreed to leave by the end of the season. is this a good thing?? will this mean Rafa will now be happy to stay? will Rafa now be given full control of all transfers for us?

Any thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009 09:12:51 pm by JD »
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: Rick parry to stand down
      Reply #1: Feb 27, 2009 09:41:47 am
      if this is true, rafa has his wishes and will stay, this could be very good news for the stability of the club and overall good news
       :D  :D  ;D  ;D  :laugh:
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2009 09:44:41 am
      Personally i think this would answer all questions as to why Rafa has as of yet failed to resign for us. its been known for a while Rafa clashes with parry and doesn't like not having full control of his players. as far as I'm concerned i would much rather have Rafa at the club than Parry so if one of them had to go happy its that way round.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2009 09:47:07 am
      Dont believe it until i see it. Its all been rumoured before but nothing happened. One thing i've learnt in my time as a Reds fan is not to believe what you hear.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2009 09:48:00 am
      If true, about time the guy has been holding us back when you conpare Parry to the other big clubs but if true it means Hicks is either sweeping the board clean for a sale or he has acquired control and in both cases Parry would have to go......
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2009 09:48:23 am
      Hmmmmm...............ver y interesting.

They did say the other day that the reason why Rafa hadn't signed his new contract was because Parry was still there and he would only sign it if Parry was gone/going, so it looks like Rafa might have got his own way maybe?

haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2009 09:50:09 am
      YAY! now rafa can sign his new contract and we can get on with business!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2009 09:55:24 am
      Parry To Quit Anfield

Sky Sports News understands Rick Parry is set to part company with Liverpool by mutual consent.

Parry's position as chief executive at Anfield has been the subject of speculation for some time due to the ongoing row with Rafa Benitez.

The pair have failed to see eye-to-eye over the club's transfer policy with Benitez thought to be looking full control over the team's transfers.

During last season's much-publicised between Liverpool's two American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Hicks called for Parry to resign.

The news comes at the end of a fraught week for the club when rumours of Benitez leaving Anfield emerged before Wednesday's UEFA Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Benitez denied the rumours in the aftermath of the victory in the Spanish capital and it appears Parry is the man on his way out of Anfield.

Reports suggest Parry has been negotiating a pay-off for the past few weeks and that he will quit his post in the next 24 hours.

Liverpool have so far refused to comment on the reports.

Link
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2009 10:00:15 am
      Do what's best for this club Parry and F**k Off !!   

Maybe our prayers have been answered folks  ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2009 10:02:01 am
      Same story in the Echo
      WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Rick Parry set to leave Liverpool Football Club
      RICK Parry is set to leave Liverpool Football Club.

The ECHO understands Parry’s departure by mutual consent will be officially announced by Liverpool later today.

The long serving chief executive will not leave with immediate effect though with all parties in agreement that he will remain in position until the end of the current season.

Speculation will inevitably surface suggesting Parry has lost a power struggle with Reds boss Rafa Benitez but the ECHO understands the real reason for his power is an acknowledgement that his relationship with Tom Hicks is unworkable.

As yet, there are no indications about who will replace Parry when his time at the club comes to an end.

Link
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2009 10:04:26 am
      Speculation, don't get carried away - no quotes, and so far no comment from the club.

However, if it's true, I think this can only be good for the club - people have played Devil's Advocate for Parry in the past, but the facts are that he has often been at the centre of any turmoil regarding our possible transfers in and out. If Rafa was to take control of this part of the business, I think things would run smoother.

For Rafa to control his signings would be best for him, and there would be no more wondering who signed a player, and why. It would be nice to be able to judge Rafa fully on his transfers, knowing that each player was the one he wanted, whether it worked out or not!

Anyone any idea if he will be replaced, and by who?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2009 10:13:37 am
      Whats that turning....THE TIDE!

This is a huge step forward. He has been the root of so many problems. Great news reported by too many to be just idle gossip. This could be a momentous few weeks for us. Lets thump Boro tomorrow to celebrate
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Feb 27, 2009 10:16:40 am
      RICK PARRY TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL FC

Paul Eaton 27 February 2009

Liverpool FC Chief Executive Rick Parry will leave Anfield at the end of the current season, the Club has confirmed today.
      Mr Parry, 54, will stay at Liverpool until the end of this campaign in order for a smooth transition to take place.

An accountant by profession, Mr Parry joined the Reds from The FA Premier League in 1997. His tenure reached a high point in 2005 when LFC secured their fifth European Cup trophy.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said today: "Rick's commitment to Liverpool Football Club is epitomised by his desire to ensure that this transitional period is managed efficiently and we are grateful to him for his help. He will always remain a friend of the football club."

Fellow Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "I would like to thank Rick for his significant service to the Club and the assistance he has given us since we joined Liverpool. He has been integral to the club's success over the past decade and leaves with our best wishes for the future."

Rick Parry said; "I have had 12 very exciting years at Liverpool and am extremely proud of what has been achieved by the Club over that period. The victory in Madrid was a wonderful reminder of the many high points we have experienced and adds to the moments that make Liverpool and its magnificent fans so special.

"It has been a privilege to serve the Club and as a lifelong supporter I wish the owners, Rafa, the players and the wonderful staff all the very best for the future. I will be leaving at the end of the season knowing that the Club remains strong and with a set of supporters who deserve success in all that Liverpool does."

The Board will initiate a search for a new Chief Executive and will update supporters and other stakeholders when appropriate.

That's it then, it's official.

Best news for everyone.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009 10:18:19 am by ayrton77, Reason: Correct for news format »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #13: Feb 27, 2009 10:19:21 am
      Blimey, that was quick!

We should be hearing the news of Rafa signing his new contract soon then?
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Feb 27, 2009 10:19:35 am
      odds on a mammoth day and we hear by the end of it that Rafa has resigned or am i just just trying to book a room at hotel cloud 9???
      Would be an epic day though you have to admit :P
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Feb 27, 2009 10:20:42 am
      odds on a mammoth day and we hear by the end of it that Rafa has resigned or am i just just trying to book a room at hotel cloud 9???
      Would be an epic day though you have to admit :P

Really hope you meant "re-signed" - I for one don't want him to leave! ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Feb 27, 2009 10:28:11 am
      Yay! Dont let the door hit you Rick.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17: Feb 27, 2009 10:31:03 am
      Same story in the Echo
      WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Rick Parry set to leave Liverpool Football Club
      RICK Parry is set to leave Liverpool Football Club.

The ECHO understands Parry’s departure by mutual consent will be officially announced by Liverpool later today.

Link
      Great news indeed its got more substance when the ECHO is the bearer,even so its got to be seen as a good rumour and makes you wonder why it wasn't available before the Real Madrid game and not after I'm sure somebody had an inkling about Parry's departure and that would have been some positive input for the team and anyone else involved be it fact,rumour or whatever.
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #18: Feb 27, 2009 10:32:20 am
      yea did mean re-sign just let the spell check have its way with me :P
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #19: Feb 27, 2009 10:34:47 am
      Its been confirmed on the offal that he is going at the end of the season!! Rafa, get that contract signed!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009 10:40:06 am by ayrton77, Reason: Removed article as MsG has posted it earlier »
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 27, 2009 10:37:44 am
      Get in. Hopefully this will mean Rafa will sign. I'd read this morning that Rafa was ready to sign in the next 48 hours on sky sports so hopefully this has a massive part to play.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #21: Feb 27, 2009 10:41:37 am
      YES!!! What a day...

IRWT!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22: Feb 27, 2009 10:43:28 am
      One thing comes to mind after the elation - if it still goes tits up there's no scapegoats now and the culprit or culprits will be there for all to see with their arses in the air,another positive.

Quick Reply