Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 116540 times
      justpanicpeter
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #115: Jul 13, 2010 03:34:05 am
      I used to work in Jacobs, the poor mans Jessops on Bold street in town. Luis Garcia came into the shop and asked for a polaroid camera, we didnt have any, he was persistent and came in again. I think there is only one thing that a footy player would use that camera for and its taking naughty pics of birds! cheeky scamp!

Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #116: Jul 13, 2010 10:02:53 am
      Don't know whether this counts but we were playing Birmingham at St Andrews in the early eighties and me and a few mates were standing right in the corner where the first aiders sit, Muhammed Ali  who had just retired was doing some exhibition stuff in the UK, just before kickoff he was being paraded around the perimiter of the pitch waving to everyone but surrounded by meaty bodyguards, anyway when he gets near to where we were standing I just shouted Ali, as he turned I just thrust my hand out and would you believe he actually shook my hand, my mates were so jealous, even now just recalling it I still shudder, one of the best moments of my life .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #117: Jul 13, 2010 10:38:14 am
      I do however have a very good friend of mine who used to be on Liverpools books by the name of Jon Otsemobor, not sure how many of you will recognise his name.

How is his arse cheek these days.

Sorry, couldn't resist!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #118: Jul 13, 2010 11:24:27 am
      My brush with a legend came at Burtonwood services on the M62. I was walking up towards the toilet when who should come walking the other way other than Paul Stewart. Yes the midfield maestro who was meant to be Souness's answer to himself. To be honest as soon as he walked past me I looked at my dad and started pissing myself with laughter. I also once ended up in the pub Ronnie Whelan used to run.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #119: Jul 13, 2010 03:05:51 pm
      How is his arse cheek these days.

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Hahaha the good old arse cheek incident. Yeah he says it's alright and that the scar is masculine.

I was there that night, was scary considering the fact they fired into a crowd of us, sobered me up big time.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #120: Jul 15, 2010 06:08:11 pm
      was out after ian rush's last home game in a liverpool shirt against middlesboro if my memory serves me correctly. was feeling pretty pissed and was in this quietish bar when i looked over and saw god fowler having a pint with his dad. now im too bothered about harassing famous people when i see them however this was robbie so i decided to quickly pop over. asked him if he was gonna miss rushie (wet question i know), he replied yes of course then i asked what he wanted to drink. by the time his bottle of bud arrived a flock of people came over and it was his cue to leave. nice lad, small hands (not surprising). i was just ecsatic to have met god!
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #121: Jul 16, 2010 12:05:07 am
      A friend of mine was playing golf at brackenwood gc, a fella on his own said to him do you fancy playing the  round together, after the 6th hole the man said what do you work as my mate, my mate said he was a welder, he asked the fella what he did and the fella said he was a professional footballer, O my mate said all my mates go to to Anfield all the time who do you play for Answer i play for Liverpool my name is Robbie Fowler. My mate said to him cos he"s a dick Are you in the 1st team then we laughed so much in pub when he told us.
      ps saw Jan Molby on dock road today driving a BMW 4x4 he must be still worth a bit
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #122: Aug 20, 2010 11:51:49 pm
      Was at the Trafford Centre tonight and noticed Maxi Rodriguez walking past with his wife/girlfriend and his baby in his arms. Didn't want to bother him with his daughter in his arms so quietly walked past and said alright maxi and put my thumbs up and he turned towards me and nodded his head in acknowledgement and smiled back at me. Felt strange seeing him in the Trafford Centre.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #123: Sep 19, 2010 09:06:52 pm
      I'm sure one of the mods is messing about with my 1000 post  ;D

Anyway, before the match today i had the pleasure of meeting John Aldridge. We were only talking for a minute but did mention i'm a member on your forum :).

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #124: Sep 19, 2010 09:08:30 pm
      Ha ha Keith's a wannabe scouser!!

He's even got a black North Face coat.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #125: Sep 19, 2010 09:10:13 pm
      Aldo looks like he's just stood in dog sh*t.  :f_tongueincheek:  :D

Cheers for the pic and being magnanimous about today's game Keith.  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #126: Sep 19, 2010 09:15:03 pm
      Aldo looks like he's just stood in dog sh*t.  :f_tongueincheek:  :D

Cheers for the pic and being magnanimous about today's game Keith.  ;)

Hey hang on a minute, i'm the good looking one on the right  :f_whistle:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #127: Sep 20, 2010 05:40:25 am
      Hey hang on a minute, i'm the good looking one on the right  :f_whistle:

How far right? Do you mean the one in the brown jacket thats cut out of the photo?   :f_whistle:
      nico-s-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #128: Sep 26, 2010 12:14:21 pm
      i remember going to anfield one morning in the late 70's to wait for the coach to come back from melwood so i could get the autographs of my heroes,there were loads of kids and we all crowded around the players as they disembarked the coach. i managed to wriggle my little body to the front of the crowd that was gathered around our legenadry full back and some say our greatest ever right back? phil neal. i thrust my(our kids) autograph book in front of him and said in an really excited high pitched voice "can i have your autograph!" with that phil neal stopped smiling,looked down at this little excited fan and scowled "PLEASE!" i just wanted the ground to swallow me up, i couldnt believe one of my heroes had pulled me up in front of everybody else. needless to say i went right off him after that. i did have a little giggle to myself when years later i saw him kissing graham taylors arse in that england doucumentary. "DO I NOT LIKE THAT!" ...........well phil i did.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #129: Oct 10, 2013 12:13:58 pm
      I once got a lift  home off stan colleymore and Phill babb as stan said i was the double of Babb and i even got a photo taken in the Shoot mag of me and phill babb. Now i used to live on Canny Farm for those that know Liverpool its not the greatest of areas but i loved it. now imagine my face sitting in a convertable driving through canny farm to my gaff with these two in the front seat on a summers day... bliss
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #130: Oct 10, 2013 12:54:20 pm

Met Carra on the train back from London.

Said "Alright Jamie"

He didn't say anything.

Que awkward waiting at the door for my stop.

2. Met Rafa at Runcorn station when he was Chelsea manager a few months back, he was walking down the platform, whistling and winking to anybody who said hello.

Got to the front of the station and was driven away in a brand new Range.

Cool as F**k.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #131: Oct 10, 2013 02:35:08 pm
      When I was 13-15 we used to give a bloke a lift to the game (knew my dad) who was a director.  After each game we would go into the director's lounge and I would usually get down to the players lounge and get all the autographs.  Now this was in the early 80s and I still have all the autographs - my avatar is one of my Bill Shankly's.  Now not exactly players but imagine at 14 being in the boot room with Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Ronnie Moran etc - still can't really believe it when I look back.

Used to see quite a few of the players out clubbing in Southport  - Barry Venison was a bit of a regular.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #132: Oct 10, 2013 03:07:20 pm
      When I was 13-15 we used to give a bloke a lift to the game (knew my dad) who was a director.  After each game we would go into the director's lounge and I would usually get down to the players lounge and get all the autographs.  Now this was in the early 80s and I still have all the autographs - my avatar is one of my Bill Shankly's.  Now not exactly players but imagine at 14 being in the boot room with Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Ronnie Moran etc - still can't really believe it when I look back.

Used to see quite a few of the players out clubbing in Southport  - Barry Venison was a bit of a regular.
      quality that must have been amazing!!!
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #133: Oct 10, 2013 09:45:00 pm
      I remember meeting digger barnes in john menzies in runcorn years ago wearing my black and gold liverpool kit with fowler 23 on the back and he actually said to me nice kit mate and I literally froze haha
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #134: Oct 11, 2013 11:49:32 am
      Don't know if it counts but I ran into the entire Liverpool youth academy squad while in New York in August walking past the South Ferry Terminal. They were running for a bus though so didn't manage to get a photo.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #135: Nov 19, 2013 04:48:10 pm
      Mr Coutinho is about 5 metres away from me here in the San Carlo celebrating somebodies birthday.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #136: Nov 19, 2013 04:58:26 pm
      Mr Coutinho is about 5 metres away from me here in the San Carlo celebrating somebodies birthday.

I'm sure it's Tex and Brannagans birthdays today, are they with him?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #137: Nov 19, 2013 05:17:26 pm
      I'm sure it's Tex and Brannagans birthdays today, are they with him?

There was a girl and a couple of older women aswell as a baby and not who else. They gone now. Can never bring myself to do the photo thing though

Quick Reply