Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 116374 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #138: Nov 19, 2013 05:19:17 pm
      There was a girl and a couple of older women aswell as a baby and not who else. They gone now. Can never bring myself to do the photo thing though

Don't blame you mate  :D
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #139: Nov 20, 2013 09:07:57 pm
      I had a steak meal and a few pints with Ray Houghton after a charity tournament , a decent fella he is .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #140: Jan 15, 2014 07:44:56 pm
      Seen Coutinho again earlier on Castle Street. He'd probably come out of San Carlo and really needs to pull his jeans up. Showing at least half an arses worth of boxers.

Seen David Fairclough at The Café Nero on the same street last week aswell.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #141: Jan 15, 2014 08:19:09 pm
      Seen a few players out and about. The day after Robbie Fowler was on MOTD and I was at the Hull game Robbie was casually walking through town towards Albert Dock on his mobile phone.

But as I was his paper boy for a couple of years in Aigburth, I delivered the late sir Billy Liddell's papers to his home in Cheyne Gardens which I picked up from Graces newsagents...  :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #142: Mar 03, 2014 07:05:49 pm
      Gerry Marsden sitting here in Mr  Chows Parkgate soaking up the tea time special offer the little stinge bag.

Shall I get him to give us a verse?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #143: Mar 07, 2014 07:13:20 pm
      Jay Spearing walking into ChimiChangas New Brighton as I was walking out couple of hours ago.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #144: Mar 07, 2014 09:35:36 pm
      Saw Michael Thomas the other day jogging and doing some stretching. He didn't mind one bit when I slagged him off for being overweight and telling him he was very unlikely to get into Brendans team.All the ex players here on the Wirral are always always happy to chat.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #145: Mar 07, 2014 09:37:03 pm
      Seen a few players out and about. The day after Robbie Fowler was on MOTD and I was at the Hull game Robbie was casually walking through town towards Albert Dock on his mobile phone.

But as I was his paper boy for a couple of years in Aigburth, I delivered the late sir Billy Liddell's papers to his home in Cheyne Gardens which I picked up from Graces newsagents...  :)

Robbies over here now on the Wirral or at least he was.Haven't seen him for a while.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Mar 08, 2014 02:28:47 am
      Been looking for this thread for a bit, always some interesting stories to read about.

Had a few brushes with Liverpool/ex Liverpool players over the past few years.

1. About 7 years ago I was competing in a 6 a side football tournament (in Liverpool) for my high school (based in Manchester) and I remember my P.E. teacher telling me on the journey there that I was going to enjoy the day even if it is just for the surprise. It had me intrigued throughout most of the day until about 1:30 when a mass crowd started to form near the facility's entrance and outstepped Xabi Alonso from a flash Range and casually walked onto the pitches for a group photo. Later on me and a few mates managed to catch him walking into the main entrance so we decided to run over and see if we could somehow introduce ourselves. I was hoping my Alonso, 14 shirt (which I strangely was wearing that day) would catch his eye and it did. He sat with us for 15 minutes having a general conversation about what he thinks about English football etc. All my mates had photographs and things taken but I wasn't one for asking for those kind of things.

2. I was in a club called One Central in Manchester last year and all of a sudden a big group of girls walked past me and sat on one of the tables right behind me and as I looked round it was obvious why they were there - I was stood next to Danny Simpson and Nathan Eccleston. I've honestly never seen two more arrogant tw*ts in my entire life. They were stood there with their arms aloft swinging a few bottles of Champagne around trying to show off. This by the way was the night before Danny Simpson got dragged out of a taxi and beaten up.

3. I was in the Trafford Centre (on this occasion it was sometime during 2012) and I was in the amusements with my younger cousin and I saw Maxi Rodriguez with who I assumed to be his partner and also his baby. He seemed busy so I just gave a thumbs up and said hello and he smiled and said hello back with a huge beaming smile on his face.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #147: Mar 08, 2014 09:56:51 am
      A while back me and my dad were in Burtonwood services going for a slash and who walked past but none other than ex reds 'legend' Paul Stewart, I looked at my dad and just burst out laughing.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #148: Mar 19, 2014 07:27:18 pm
      Was going into the Cadbury shop at Cheshire Oaks a couple of weeks ago with the Mrs, coming out with his Mrs and holding the door very kindly for us was Frog Legs himself...Joey Jones.

Going back quite a few years now but walking into Selfridges at the Traffic Centre with my sister (resembles Alex) who was being eyed-up by Stevie G as he was coming out ladened with yellow bags flanked by a couple of his mates. Think one of those mates lives on the same road as my aunt from Woodlands Road.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #149: Mar 19, 2014 07:42:52 pm
      I was staying at the Atlantic Thistle hotel the day before we played man city a couple years ago. This was the match Andy Carroll scored his first two goals for the reds. I was having a beer at the bar when I spotted Martin Skrtel sitting with his family having a chat. I approached and asked for a photo with him and he said.........no! I felt a complete tw*t and will never ask another player again! He's still a top player but never saw him the same way after that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #150: Mar 20, 2014 07:26:04 pm
      Robbies over here now on the Wirral or at least he was.Haven't seen him for a while.

Still in Caldy mate.

Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #151: Mar 20, 2014 09:10:59 pm
      Met djbril cisse in the barbers on smith down road
      Met John Barnes in cash converters in Allerton road haha
      Met Fernando morientes in greenbank park
      Seen Brendan Rodgers in his Porsche next to me at the lights on edge lane and give me a thumbs up :)

Met Ian rush when I was little but can't remember, so my dad tells me haha
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #152: Mar 20, 2014 11:14:03 pm
      I met Steve Highway when I was 12, he did an awards evening at my high school.  It was 1972 so a bit star struck but I got his autograph  ;D
      Phect
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #153: Mar 28, 2014 08:25:43 pm
      Here's me with baldy in 2012 when Slovakia came to play a European ch'ship qualifying game with Lithuania. No one who came to see the training session was interested in HamÅ¡ik.  ;D

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #154: Mar 31, 2014 06:38:05 pm
      Alan Kennedy was in the Arkles yesterday after the game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #155: Mar 31, 2014 10:10:18 pm
      ^^^ He was, had a chat and a photo with him, he even signed my Liverpool scarf for me that I'd worn from when we last won the League....very special.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #156: Mar 31, 2014 10:14:46 pm
      ^^^ He was, had a chat and a photo with him, he even signed my Liverpool scarf for me that I'd worn from when we last won the League....very special.

Saw Davy Fairclough two minutes after leaving you last Wednesday Cas walking down the anny rd
      MsGerrard
      Reply #157: Mar 31, 2014 10:50:16 pm
      ^^^ Nice one....great fella our Davy and will always be remembered for 'that' goal against St.Etienne
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #158: Apr 01, 2014 12:28:59 am
      Met Sterling, Sahin, Shelvey, Assaidi, Coutinho last year at the fence on anny rd. One really strange moment after the derby in May last year was when Sturridge was getting in his car, surrounded by his posse (among which was his uncle Dean), and then out of nowhere comes Micah Richards to walk out behind us on anny rd. Seen Aldo that day, as well as John Bishop, both again on anny rd. ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #159: Apr 14, 2014 08:08:53 pm
      Was in Café Nero on Castle Street this morning and seen Carra walk past and into Castle Chambers over the road.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #160: Apr 25, 2014 03:38:18 pm
      Outside Café Nero (again) yesterday afternoon we walked past Lucas on foot as he was heading down Brunswick Street. We crossed Castle Street and headed down North John Street (is it?) and on the same side as Piccolino's with three lady friends was Luis Alberto standing there until his taxi came and they all headed off.

Quick Reply