Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 115964 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #161: Apr 25, 2014 04:30:27 pm
      I saw Michael Thomas a couple of weeks ago in Lower Heswall and I understand why he was sweating a lot he was obviously getting himself fitter for the match
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #162: Apr 25, 2014 04:57:24 pm
      I saw Michael Thomas a couple of weeks ago in Lower Heswall and I understand why he was sweating a lot he was obviously getting himself fitter for the match

Still lives there doesn't he Walt?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #163: Apr 25, 2014 05:03:28 pm

Fairly sure he still does mate

Amazing the pull the City had on the players once they have been here
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #164: Apr 25, 2014 06:46:27 pm
      Outside Café Nero (again) yesterday afternoon we walked past Lucas on foot as he was heading down Brunswick Street. We crossed Castle Street and headed down North John Street (is it?) and on the same side as Piccolino's with three lady friends was Luis Alberto standing there until his taxi came and they all headed off.

Luis bumming a lot of rides lately I hear ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #165: Jul 11, 2014 01:38:26 pm
      Fabio Aurelio at Costa on Old Hall Street with his family just before. Was there last week too.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #166: Jul 23, 2014 02:46:59 pm
      A good few of the players came over to sign autographs at the end of their training session at Fenway. Pepe was right in front of me when someone behind me asked if they could call him "Rafa". Pepe looked at him and smiled and said " You can call me Rafa". Thought that was interesting.

Wasn't sure I would ever get to post in here  :aaliverpool2xt1:

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #167: Jul 23, 2014 09:48:03 pm
      Nice one Boston, even if it is a bit weird.  :D

Post some photos when u get a chance.
      ash1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #168: Jul 24, 2014 08:41:19 pm
      I was being shown around anfield on a private tour  by my ex girlfriends father,when down the corridor came two anfield legends Bob Paisley and King Kenny,they both stopped and took the the time to talk to me for a good 10mins,that was over 30 years ago but I'll never forget it.YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #169: Jul 26, 2014 04:31:08 pm
      I met Danny Murphy (who now works for the BBC) and Gerard Houllier (who was working for FIFA) during the World Cup. I was told that I would also meet Alan Hansen there, had my LFC shirt ready in case he came but he never did. Very disappointed :(

Steve McManaman was also in my office but I was in a work meeting so couldn't see or talk to him.

Houllier was very polite and kind. Murphy seemed to be quite arrogant.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #170: Jul 26, 2014 08:56:29 pm
      I met Danny Murphy (who now works for the BBC) and Gerard Houllier (who was working for FIFA) during the World Cup. I was told that I would also meet Alan Hansen there, had my LFC shirt ready in case he came but he never did. Very disappointed :(

Steve McManaman was also in my office but I was in a work meeting so couldn't see or talk to him.

Houllier was very polite and kind. Murphy seemed to be quite arrogant.

Well if Murphys attitude stinks as much as his match commentary he must be a right old d*ck :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #171: Jul 27, 2014 08:23:32 pm
      I met Murphy years back and he was sound.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #172: Sep 16, 2014 04:30:27 pm
      Ian Ayre just been in Mcguffies on Castle Street having a pre match brew. I was having a pre match pint and perv at the barmaid.

4.10 a bevvy and F**k me was she worth it.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #173: Sep 19, 2014 08:50:37 pm
      Saw John Aldridge in John Lewis in Newport a few years back, I presume he went to watch a Newport County match or something, it was a Saturdaj morning.

But you don't tend to see footballer in Monmouthshire, let alone LFC ones!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #174: Sep 24, 2014 02:35:47 pm
      Saw John Aldridge in John Lewis in Newport a few years back, I presume he went to watch a Newport County match or something, it was a Saturdaj morning.

But you don't tend to see footballer in Monmouthshire, let alone LFC ones!

Aldo is always seen around Woolton and Gateacre having a few bevvies.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #175: Sep 28, 2014 05:19:30 pm
      I, had my photo taken with Jan Molby yesterday, he was walking along the touchline, my mate said Hi Jan, will you have your photo taken with my mate. Jan immediately obliged shaking hands with us both. He seemed a really nice bloke.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #176: Nov 20, 2014 10:28:15 am
      Know what, I've seen a quite a few current and old school LFC players around town here where I work but none have had me as excited as Brucie Grobbelaar just now as I walked out of The Albany Barbers off Rumford Street. He nipped into the little café there for a coffee so he had change for his parking on the street. He done that then headed towards the LFC offices (where LFC TV is filmed) on Chapel Street.

Not that I stopped and pretended to be on my phone as he was doing all of that :)

Also seen John Barnes in the car next to me coming through the Wallasey Tunnel heading over to town last week. To be honest though, and Walton may back me up on this, you sort of get used to seeing the likes of him and Rushie living on The Wirral. Mega, ex-Liverpool players as well. Spoilt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #177: Nov 20, 2014 02:41:27 pm
      Know what, I've seen a quite a few current and old school LFC players around town here where I work but none have had me as excited as Brucie Grobbelaar just now as I walked out of The Albany Barbers off Rumford Street. He nipped into the little café there for a coffee so he had change for his parking on the street. He done that then headed towards the LFC offices (where LFC TV is filmed) on Chapel Street.

Not that I stopped and pretended to be on my phone as he was doing all of that :)

Also seen John Barnes in the car next to me coming through the Wallasey Tunnel heading over to town last week. To be honest though, and Walton may back me up on this, you sort of get used to seeing the likes of him and Rushie living on The Wirral. Mega, ex-Liverpool players as well. Spoilt.

John Barnes in particular is local as is Jan Molby. Michael Thomas, Robbie is still about and of course Rafa and I think St John is still in Barnston.
      They all are happy to give you a wave when like a lunatic I drop my window beep the horn and shout "alright Digga". He is actually married to my mates daughter.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #178: Dec 01, 2014 10:42:38 pm
      Spoke to my Brother after the Stoke game and he said he was having a few scoops in The Arkles and Alan Kennedy was in sinking a few ales as he often does on a home match day..
      sat away from the bar we're two reds who had come all the way from Australia....my bro got talking to them and turns out they went to the Ludogrets game mid week then Stoke then off to Leicester tomorrow....and a couple of other games before heading back home..
      He asked them if they knew who that bloke was at the bar(Alan Kennedy).. Both had no idea until my brother told them it was Alan Kennedy..
      "Christ, Its Barney Rubble!!" said one lad..
      My brother asked if they wanted a pic with him..
      "Nah , we wouldn't wanna bother him mate" the lad replied..
      To which my brother went over to Barney and told him about the two lads sat in the corner who had come all the way from Australia..
      What did Barney do?
      He went over and sat and chatted with these two lads for ages.. They we're totally speechless, jaw dropped as Barney told them a few stories.. had their pic taken and really made their day...they we're both made up and couldn't believe they had just had a few pints and a good chin wag with Alan Kennedy..
      well done Barney and well done our kid...
      Hope the two Aussies had a good time and hope they take some cracking memories of Liverpool back home...
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2014 10:54:18 pm by 6stringer »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #179: Dec 09, 2014 07:40:35 pm
      Steve macca was on my easyjey flight back from Lisbon for the all Madrid CL final! The big shot had speedyboarding though so ghosted past everyone! Seen Didi Hamman in Dublin airport a few months back too!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #180: Dec 09, 2014 10:07:19 pm
      Saw Dani Pacheco in Allerton Tesco buying strawberries with his lass a few years back. It was winter but she only had denim shorts on. Nobody complained :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #181: Dec 22, 2014 05:41:35 pm
      In San Carlo in Town and Glen Johnson here.

Shall I take the advice of me mate who just text and said I should chin him and tell him he is sh*t?

Or not?

Thought not.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #182: Dec 22, 2014 07:55:29 pm
      In San Carlo in Town and Glen Johnson here.

Shall I take the advice of me mate who just text and said I should chin him and tell him he is sh*t?

Or not?

Thought not.

Feel free to tw*t him:-)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #183: Jan 03, 2015 09:33:12 am
      Not quite LFC but I'm in The Marriot in Worsley and the Nottingham Forest squad is here. Wouldn't mind seeing Stuart Pearce. Bit of a legend.

Quick Reply