Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 115946 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Which current or recent liverpool players have you met :)
      Reply #69: Oct 18, 2009 08:06:27 am
      F***ing wish i could just meet one red, once in my life. Then i would be complete.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #70: Oct 18, 2009 09:16:09 am
      Dirk Kuyt.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #71: Oct 18, 2009 09:18:33 am

Still loving that story mate :D
      dannyboylfc
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • I Just Can't Get Enough!!!!
      Reply #72: Oct 18, 2009 09:31:43 am
      I've met Rafa, Lucas, Yossi, Spearing, Arbeloa I was so close to meeting Skrtel and Degen but they both drove off when I got to the car. It was at melwood btw.
      dannyboylfc
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • I Just Can't Get Enough!!!!
      Reply #73: Oct 18, 2009 09:34:37 am
      O I forgot I met Michael Owen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #74: Oct 18, 2009 09:37:27 am

Spent a bit of time in hospital have you?
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #75: Oct 18, 2009 10:04:18 am
      F***ing wish I could just meet one red, once in my life. Then I would be complete.

Same here! Lucky guys you!  :)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #76: Oct 18, 2009 02:34:35 pm
      Met Mascherano and Arbeloa.

For about 30 seconds and that was about it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: Oct 18, 2009 02:37:18 pm
      Could've met Mascherano. Decided to leave him be.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #78: Oct 18, 2009 02:39:33 pm
      Robbie Fowler took a photo with the guy next to me.
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #79: Oct 18, 2009 04:04:56 pm
      I live in the same town Glen Johnson grew up in we have a shopping centre near us the biggest in europe (atleast it was when built dunno about now) and i work there.

GJ came in a few days before the liverpool deal i served him to fill you in a little bit my mother was good friends with his mother when we was younger, we knocked about the streets a little bit when we was younger not to mention seeing him learning his skills on the bumpy grassy fields, Believe it or not i was picked before him in the school football team!!!!!!!!!!!.

But yeah i started chatting to him when he came in had a little catch up was really good he asked how my mother was then gave her a cheeky phone call then i asked him about the move and where did he think he would end up he confirmed to me where he wanted to go and i was overjoyed to know a childhood friend would be playing for my club!.

Ive also met Huddlestone, Walcott, Defoe, Crouch, Lucas Neill, Jimmy Bullard and a few others.
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 18, 2009 05:13:55 pm
      I was driving back from Chester a good few years back, when I noticed a jag coming towards me in the car, I looked at the driver and thought 'who's that ugly get with his tidy girlfriend and his smart car'!! As it went past I realised it was Mr Hypia, sorry sami your gorgeous really, haha
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #81: Oct 19, 2009 04:08:59 am
      I live in the same town Glen Johnson grew up in we have a shopping centre near us the biggest in europe (atleast it was when built dunno about now) and I work there.

GJ came in a few days before the liverpool deal I served him to fill you in a little bit my mother was good friends with his mother when we was younger, we knocked about the streets a little bit when we was younger not to mention seeing him learning his skills on the bumpy grassy fields, Believe it or not I was picked before him in the school football team!!!!!!!!!!!.

But yeah I started chatting to him when he came in had a little catch up was really good he asked how my mother was then gave her a cheeky phone call then I asked him about the move and where did he think he would end up he confirmed to me where he wanted to go and I was overjoyed to know a childhood friend would be playing for my club!.

Ive also met Huddlestone, Walcott, Defoe, Crouch, Lucas Neill, Jimmy Bullard and a few others.

Good story that, you're really lucky!!
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #82: Oct 19, 2009 10:16:50 am
      Met quite a few Liverpool players to be fair, I met Arbeloa, Robbie Keane, Torres, Rush, Phil Thompson, Jan Molby and John Aldridge  through the course of last season. I met Keane at Anfield, and met Torres and Arbeloa at a couple of petrol stations. Rush, Thompson, Molby and Aldridge I met at a couple of signings (Rush and Thompson may have been the year before, not too sure).
        I hate to admit it, but I was in Selfridges in the Trafford centre last year with my Manc best mate, and Rooney and Coleen were buying some shoes (well Rooney was playing on his phone whilst she was deciding) and we walked up to him, had a chat and had a photo. He was actually surprisingly nice, even when I did mention that I'm a die hard Kopite  ::). He might be a right w**ker on the pitch, and I still hate him, but in real life away from the spotlight, he's quite genuine to be fair.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 19, 2009 01:11:53 pm
      Met a few down the years but Sami and King Kenny stick out. Bumped into Sami a few years ago when he just had his first kid and my daughter was only about a year old. We ended up talking for ages about kids and stuff, he couldn't have been sounder.
      Met Kenny about ten years ago, asked him for his autograph and had a little chat. He was everything I expected him to be, humble, down to earth and funny. They say you should never meet your heroes because you'll always be disappointed but it wasn't that way at all. In fact I was even more proud that my hero turned out to be genuine. A real legend. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #84: Oct 19, 2009 01:15:57 pm
      David Dunn is the only other player I met.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #85: Oct 19, 2009 01:31:32 pm
      Met John Aldridge when he was fishing Speke Hall Dam years ago he was good at that too, emptying the pond he was. Used to see him as well taking his kid to school in Hunts cross. Met Ian st John and Ron Yeats they were having a meal at some big alehouse outside Kirkby that was a good while ago as well. More recently met Didi Hamann in Jalons on Smithdown.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #86: Oct 19, 2009 09:30:56 pm
      When I was a lot younger I met the whole team. My father used to work for Dixons (who owned Curries) and he was brokering a deal with Candy. Once the guy from candy found out he had 2 young lads and my dad was a massive red who grew up down the road from Anfield he invited us all to a game - trying to get a few 0's on the check pops was going to sign I imagine, but too good to turn down!.

When we arrived we were taken into a restaurant under the main stand for a meal and a tour. We spent the day eating and wandering about before watching the match - i was even given a whole liverpool kit, we had a meat and greet with a few of the players - I remember Grobbelaar wouldn't sign my shirt before the game as he said it was bad luck. Only being about 4 i spent the day running about, not really taking in where I was or who I was around...

Straight after the game we sat down to have another meal, and some post match drinks - for me it was lemonade! I sat with an old lady who really took a shine to me, and I sat on her knee - she asked me If I had met the players and I said I would like to but was told by the guys organising it they were too busy and kids weren't allowed to wander about. She had absolutely none of this!!! Picked me up and headed straight out of the bar area towards the changing room - at this point a security guy yelled down the corridor and asked us to stop! When we turned round he simply apologised and walked off looking very ashamed - she knocked a the dressing room door and Dean Saunders opened it and after a brief chat we were invited in, she asked the players if it was ok if they all signed my shirt- I took it off and they did, with almost all of them saying hello and patting me on the head as they walked about or left - my hero at the time Steve Macmanaman gave me a LFC football as he walked off. Turns out the old lady who liked me was Bob Paisley's widower Jessie!

As we left I asked if i could touch the 'this is anfield sign' - she of course said yes, but even jumping and then running and jumping I couldn't hit it so she asked if one of the players could pick me up to touch it and Brucie came over, said he could sign my shirt now, and asked Jessie to get my dad so he could take a photo - my dad still has it on his fireplace!

Amazes me how those players, and back room staff treated a little kid like one of there own - I only hope that if this happens to a youngster today the foreign stars would be as kind!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #87: Oct 20, 2009 07:21:24 am
      Still can't believe I forgot to take the beanie off  :mad:  At least it was Liverpool Beanie  ;D

niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #88: Oct 20, 2009 07:35:33 am

Me too ! If I met any of them I would not let them go !
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #89: Oct 20, 2009 09:11:01 am
      Played against Paul Daglish at rugby once, and King Kenny was on the sideline watching.After the game got to meet him,i was only about 8-9 but it's a nice memory.
      Also met Patrick Berger in a nightclub in Southport,unfortunatly it was in the bog's and without thinking i patted him on the back whilst he was taking a piss.He wasn't a happy man,he was ok about it though.Later on that night my mate got in a fight because some bluenoses were trying to piss on his limo.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #90: Oct 20, 2009 09:35:12 am
      Still can't believe I forgot to take the beanie off  :mad:  At least it was Liverpool Beanie  ;D

Where was this at?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #91: Oct 20, 2009 09:53:52 am

Outside his restaurant mate.

Quick Reply