Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Fox Presenter in USA slanders red fans

Read 8379 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Fox Presenter in USA slanders red fans
      Dec 07, 2006 10:53:46 pm

This Is Anfield - December 7th, 2006
      21 Comments on this article ▪ Add a Comment
      We are currently urging all Liverpool fans, particularly those based in USA to boycott the Fox Soccer Channel’s “Fox Football Fone-In” show following comments made by one of it’s presenters on Tuesday’s show.

Co-presenter and Chelsea fan Stephen Cohen accused Liverpool fans of “directly causing the worst two disasters in English football history.” He went on to say that he’s sick of Liverpool fans ramming their success down his throat and that “there’s a disgusting side of Liverpool’s history that I’ll be happy to talk about.”

Cohen was of course relating to the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters, and apparently this it not the first time he has made such slanderous and ill-informed comments on national television. Seemingly he ‘joked’ Liverpool should have 39 coffins on their badge to go with the 5 stars.

Cohen’s comments were aired live to a nation which is being educated about the game of soccer and particularly about the history of the English game. Most of it’s audience would be young Americans wanting to learn about English teams and their traditions - unfortunately many will instantly tarnish the Liverpool name due to Cohen’s comments.

We have written to the show, and Fox Television for which it is broadcast and are yet to receive any reply. We hope they will take action and remove this ‘presenter’ from his prime time TV slot where he continually mis-leads his easily lead audience.

We urge all Liverpool fans to email fff@foxsoccer.com and Feedback@foxsports.com with your comments, particularly those based in the USA and who may have seen this particular show or any others with Cohen.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/article_3.php?p=680
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Re: Fox Presenter in USA slanders red fans
      Reply #1: Dec 08, 2006 07:38:02 am
      Fair point.  I know one of the TIA lads lives over in the states so a good local story there.

My worries are the whole boycott thing could get too big.  If we were to not buy, watch, listen to anything whereby employees or senior chiefs hold their own 'incorrect' view on Hillsborough then we wouldn't have anything done.

You are aware Juice FM are owned by The Wireless Group - until very recently technically run by Kelvin MacKenzie.  Now how many Liverpool fans have listened to that radio station over the years unwittingly, indirectly lining Kelvin mackenzie's pockets? The man who caused the most upset and hurt to the families of the 96 and the people of our city.

People hold their own views.  If in this case it is expressed and it causes people distress then we should complain and boycott.  We should also have an on-going campaign of education on every Liverpool website about the REAL truth from that day, and be brave enough to tell the REAL truth about Heysel to.
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 08, 2006 12:07:13 pm
      I know the real truth about Heysel, the Italians provoked us and the stadium was crumbling simple as!
      I blame Uefa, Belium police & the stadium for the 39 deaths! If it was played at a decent venue then im sure no one would of been killed and do you think 25'000 Liverpool fans are gonna allow gettin hit with half bricks from Italians for the 2nd year in a row?... i don't blame the 'pool fans for charging at them in anger!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 08, 2006 03:04:14 pm
      I can't believe such a 'football fan' could attack us with so much bullshit and disrespect.
      Yeah, I'm not suprised its a Chelsea fan that has slammed his slander on us purely and simply because of events that was ACCIDENTAL! What the fu*k is this clown still doing on air?
      Disrespect to the dead, is the worst piece of disrespect you could EVER give.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #4: Dec 08, 2006 04:13:57 pm
      Right I didn't leave an opinion cos I wanted to time to think of a response, first off Famous Liverbird blaming Uefa, Italians, the ground probably are true, but we do have to take a bit as well ffs no one else is ever gonna believe our side with comments like yours lad y'know chip on shoulder stuff, self-pity if you ever listen to a manc, I could go on for ages on what shitbags the Italians are but that is not the argument here.

Heysel was down to hooliganism, we can't argue with that, but it is when gobshites like this idiot who appeared on fox sports start comparing Heysel to Hillsborough, and especially in a country like the USA were the game is starting to take off and people start believing this w**ker's crap.

I agree with you JD regarding Boycotting things, The Scum needs comtinual boycotting, it is up to the individual if they want to not watch sky, don't listen to talksport(don't know if Mackensie is still involved in this channel, but I F***ing hate that Mike Parry, the blue-nose w**ker, sorry about that!!) but if what has been reported is right then it is quite simply The Scum and Kelvin Mackensie who we should slag off and give sh*t to.

Mackensie was the editor in charge back in April 89 and he got the final say so on headlines etc, that is why even the club refuse to do exclusives with the scum, yet still talk to the NOTW (sunday paper of the s*n in essence)
      Murdoch supposedly asked him to apologise way back when probably because of the lost revenue the paper would lose.

In terms of what to read, what to watch, i've said above simply the s*n should be boycotted, what annoys me more than anything is watching Liverpool fans reading this (scouse and non-scouse) have you no shame

For things like this tool Stephen Cohen, I've simply sent an e-mail to fox sports stating that I'm disgusted with comments and also put a few facts about chelsea fans to redress the balance, no abuse nothing like that, just a sensible e-mail to complain about his comments, which quite frankly have nothing to do with footie

To be honest I think Fox news are a F***ing joke to be honest but scarily enough they claim to be the biggest news channel in the US, sums it up really.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2006 12:05:47 am
      (don't know if Mackensie is still involved in this channel, but I f***ing hate that Mike Parry, the blue-nose w**ker, sorry about that!!) but if what has been reported is right
      No need to apoligize mate, you're just saying what we all think
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2006 12:15:46 am by Court_LFC »

Quick Reply