Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 157502 times
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      The New Anfield Stadium - Debate
      Apr 13, 2006 09:04:55 am
      This thread is for all discussion on the proposed New Stadium
      The stadium has now commenced work was supposed to start work (12th March 2007) and this thread will follow it's progress.

I think it would be great to get a new stadium, but I really like Anfield!  :(

If we did get this new stadium, we would have the second biggest in the prem! What do you all think ?

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008 10:16:22 pm by JD »
      oldphilthy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2006 11:00:26 am
      I think it will be amazing, yes it will be sad to leave the famous anfeild behind, but this new stadium is just what  LFC need to be recognised as one of the biggest clubs in europe, and the extra cash won't go a miss,
      besides it will probably give everyone their long awaiting season tickets that we have all been waiting so long for (including me)
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2006 11:09:16 am
      yes i suppose! i want a season ticket too and i suppose it will make the waiting list shorter if the staduim is built !  :D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2006 07:56:28 am
      I think the new stadium will go ahead - but maybe at least another 3 years.

Remember Arsenal's new Emirates stadium will also be 60,000 and Newcastle are looking at expansion plans.

I think the reds need a bigger stadium - the fact is that more people want to go and watch Liverpool than they currently have capacity for.  We all know what the tickets situation is like.

The problem is this? Where could Liverpool put an extra 14,000 seats in to the current Anfield (without making some two tier stands typical of crap teams)??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #4: Apr 14, 2006 07:25:17 pm
      We need this new stadium, but i would be very sad to see Anfield go as it would bring back so many happy memories for me,  I started to watch the Reds as a nipper when my grandad used to take me and we used to stand in the Annie Road End, and pay on the turnstile as we went in !!!  Those were the days eh?   :D   Anfield Stadium has got that special atmosphere and thats what i would be scared of losing most.  :cry:   On the plus side, it would eliminate a lot of the nightmare time trying to get tickets.

By the way has everyone got the Semi-Final tickets yet ?  I concentrated on European games again this season so have only been to one FA Cup match (the best one in fact Man Utd hehehe !!)  I have now got my ballot form in to the ticket office and are keeping everything crossed that i get one.    ;D
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #5: Apr 15, 2006 07:56:32 am
      no i havent got a ticket yet!  :(  :(  :(  but i dont no where you get one from ! they rip you off in other places ! im not a season ticket holder, so it looking doubtful fo me !  :(   :(   :(   :(
      YNWA
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #6: Apr 16, 2006 12:12:18 am
      Its really sad 2 leave Anfield, like wat do u think bout when u here Youll Never Walk Alone and you see the THIS IS ANFIELD poster up on the way out.

BTW how big is this stadium gonna be :?:
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #7: Apr 16, 2006 07:55:28 am
      i suppose its gonna get a differnt name and that will be the saddest thing! its around 60,000-65,000 not sure though!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      New Stadium
      Reply #8: Apr 23, 2006 10:05:25 am
      Who wants a move into the new stadium? I do, it will just be sad to leave Anfield after all this time there and so many great memories, at least the waiting list will be shorter for a season ticket.

Does anyone know what the capacity is going to be?
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      New Stadium
      Reply #9: Apr 23, 2006 04:47:28 pm
      The're saying 60 000 . I think it needs to be bigger . the capacity at old Trafford is 76 000 and they charge up to £55 for a ticket , so they take much more money on a Saturday enabling them to spend much more than we can .
       I think the new stadium should be 70 000 at least . I just hope it doesn't end up like the Emirates stadium . They've made it a larger capacity then only given a extra 300 season tickets to the fans . They've put loads of corporate boxes in and they've introduced a platinum season ticket for £100 000  for every 3 seasons . Yes you read it correctly - one hundred thousand pounds .
       If that's the future of football then we're pretty much fu**ed !
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      New Stadium
      Reply #10: Apr 23, 2006 07:58:08 pm
      Ah well - it pays for every seat there being padded - have you seen them.

They look ace.  

I think with a 60,000 stadium the reds could hand out 45,000 season tickets.

2-4 thousand for the away fans.

Just been doing some quick sums, and I reckon a 15,000 increase in capacity to 60,000.  Assuming average attendance 57,500 would add £400,000 each game.  I don't know what the average 'extra' spend is. Say another £2 each, and some extra sales for the store (say working out at £1 per fan?).

My conservative estimates call it an extra £440,000 per game. With 25 home games per season thats an extra £10 million a season.  I am sure my estimates are on the low side.

They should have got a loan when it was only going to be £80 million.  It would probably have nearly been paid off by now!!!

Gonna have a sit down now - my brain hurts.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      New Stadium
      Reply #11: Apr 24, 2006 12:26:32 pm
      Quote from: "koolkidda"
      Ah well - it pays for every seat there being padded - have you seen them.

They look ace.  

I think with a 60,000 stadium the reds could hand out 45,000 season tickets.

2-4 thousand for the away fans.

Just been doing some quick sums, and I reckon a 15,000 increase in capacity to 60,000.  Assuming average attendance 57,500 would add £400,000 each game.  I don't know what the average 'extra' spend is. Say another £2 each, and some extra sales for the store (say working out at £1 per fan?).

My conservative estimates call it an extra £440,000 per game. With 25 home games per season thats an extra £10 million a season.  I am sure my estimates are on the low side.

They should have got a loan when it was only going to be £80 million.  It would probably have nearly been paid off by now!!!

Gonna have a sit down now - my brain hurts.
      You've lost me!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      New Stadium
      Reply #12: Apr 29, 2006 05:56:32 pm
      And me !!  Sounds good though  ;D
      terry
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #13: May 05, 2006 10:45:40 am
       :D hiya to all, ive just joined the forum, with regards to the new stadium, they should be looking at well over an 80,000 seater, putting us in line with all the top clubs in europe. put it down to supply and demand, if theyve got a 5 yr waiting list for season tickets, surely that would be a better option.
      KopCity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #14: May 05, 2006 10:58:07 am
      Quote from: "terry"
       :D hiya to all, ive just joined the forum, with regards to the new stadium, they should be looking at well over an 80,000 seater, putting us in line with all the top clubs in europe. put it down to supply and demand, if theyve got a 5 yr waiting list for season tickets, surely that would be a better option.

There won't be 80,000 fans in anfield every week.. wont be full house, i think 60,000 is alright, 70,000 wud have been great!! but we dont have 80,000 fans :P
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #15: May 07, 2006 01:00:34 pm
      Quote from: "KopCity"
      ...but we dont have 80,000 fans :P

No, we have about a million times that many!
      terry
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #16: May 08, 2006 07:28:15 pm
      60,000 and i dont beleive it will be anywhere near big enough. when you look at the scums stadium (you have to admit its pretty impressive) holding 75,000 now, and they are going to expand again, they will probably end up with close to 90,000 at matches, are people saying we dont have that kind of support? i for one beleive we could fill that easily.
      terry
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #17: May 08, 2006 07:30:43 pm
      absolutly jabba, the sh*te down the road get 75,000 every week we could easily fill 80,000-90,000
      Gladbach-Reds-Fan-GER
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #18: May 09, 2006 08:06:56 am
      Next season at the Anfield and the season 2007 at the new stadium :-)
      The Anfield is a legend but today you need a modern stadium...just like Moenchengladbach...we had our Bökelberg....where we played against you :-) but since 2 years we have the Borussia Park...
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #19: May 09, 2006 08:56:12 am
      It would be sad to leave anfield but a bigger stadium is need if we really want to compete with the rest of europe on a perminant basis. the extra money would be so important evenmore now the chavs have unlimited cash........

I think its gonna be 60,000 as they want to try and keep the traditional 4 stand type of stadium with the corners filled in,  as in the oval stadiums the atmospher seems to suffer....
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #20: May 09, 2006 09:37:43 am
      if we did move to stanley park do you think we should take the name anfield with us? or call it "new" anfield? and what do you think should happen to "old" anfield should we keep it up? or knock it dwon to make flats?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      New stadium for LFC ??
      Reply #21: May 09, 2006 10:40:54 am
      i'd call it anything as long as it's not named after a sponser. Hopefully Anfield though
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #22: May 18, 2006 01:29:53 pm
      Herd a rumour that liverpool were told to redo the plans for the new stadium and change the seating to aroun 48000-50000 so cant see the point in the move even if the stadium looks alot better.

Quick Reply