Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 157491 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      I share a critical email to Anfield Online
      Reply #115: Aug 26, 2006 10:42:48 am
      David Moores is in my opinon an excellent chairman always stays out of the way, the only time you hear fom him is at agm meetings or on a tour around the city with a trophy, he leaves football to the people who know about it.

Mr Moores did say the other year that he would consider stepping down as chairman if it was for the good of Liverpool Football Club then we went and won the champions league.

With the progression under rafa i cant see the chairman stepping down any time soon he desperatley wants to be the chairnman when that elusive 19th league title comes home and i for 1 will be made up for him when it does.

As for the investment or lack of as the case may be wether it be for a stadium or otherwise is strange but if and when an investor does come in with the family club tradition as it has been mentioned in previous posts i'm sure the board will make sure it will be for the good of the club.

Until that happens we must all put our trust in rafa to deliever success on the pitch to gain the rewards rather than somebody just give it to us as it is in chavskis case.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      I share a critical email to Anfield Online
      Reply #116: Aug 26, 2006 10:57:29 am
      Think we should ditch this idea of a new stadium altogether. All we really need is to rebuild the main stand and/or the Road end. We only really need to add another 10-12 thousand seats. Try filling in the corners of the gound as well.

There's space to build the main stand further back. Also there was talk of the Road end going back and which would incorporate aan arch-type bridge for Anfield road run through, but that was just talk.

These new stadiums, for how fantastic they look, the crowd are simply too far from the pitch, either down the side and behind the goals., Cardiff being an example. At Fortress Anfield we are alomost on top of them and can intimidate teams.

Watched Arsenal's game last week and there's was the same. Impressive looking but the crowd was a good 20 yards from the pitch all the way round. Not saying that is to blame for the 1-1 against Villa, but Highbury was like Anfield. Crowd on top of you.

Just think these new stadiums, Cardiff, Emirates, City of Manchester have the crowd too far from the pitch and takes a little away from the intensity of the crowd and the players.

For all the monet spent on planning this new stadium Anfield could already be a 55,000 thousand seater.

Just my opinion like.
      lfc_ash
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #117: Aug 27, 2006 11:52:31 am
      yeh that will be fun ;D ! might do a better job than the constuction on wembley !
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      New Stadium
      Reply #118: Aug 28, 2006 02:21:18 pm
      I'm in  ;)
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #119: Aug 28, 2006 05:06:13 pm
      i think we will settle for 60000 because if needs must we will surely be able to extend it.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Our new Stadium?
      Reply #120: Aug 29, 2006 12:36:59 am
      Does anyone no what stage we are in trying to get a new stadia? ano rick parry an co. are trying to get permission still but does anyone know anything else? Looking at arsenals it makes me think what ours would look like but im not trying to put pressure on the board cause i love anfield and i hope it stays are home satdium for a couple more years at least! But we do need a new stadium as anfield simply isnt big enough for what we need
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 12:01:09 am by JD »
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #121: Aug 29, 2006 12:48:06 am
      no idea but would love it if we could make anfield bigger but unfortunately we cant
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #122: Aug 29, 2006 11:23:51 am
      Quote from: "riise' boot boy"
      no idea but would love it if we could make anfield bigger but unfortunately we cant

We can make Anfield bigger, there is more development to be had at the Anfield road end and Main stand. This is an option that still could happen depending on what happens with the new Stadium. The club didnt want to develop Anfield any more as the maximum capacity that they said they could achieve by doing this would be 55,000. Thats why they want they new stadium with 60,000+ to generate more money for transfers ect.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #123: Aug 29, 2006 04:30:33 pm
      i hope they get a move on otherwise we are gonna be light years behind our rivals....
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #124: Aug 29, 2006 05:13:25 pm
      Here we go again with the new stadium debate its got to the point now where i dont even want it i'm sick to death of hearing about it.

Even if we do get the go ahead to start work it will probably take as long as wembley to build such as been the hassle to get it and the money to build it now has got to the ridiculous.

Expand the current anfield the club owns most of the houses surrounding so its not like it wouldn't be possible.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #125: Aug 29, 2006 05:16:22 pm
      Hey, who cares?
      The last thing we want is to do another Leeds.
      Anfield is a great stadium, we do not need another.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #126: Aug 29, 2006 05:18:08 pm
      Quote from: "liverpaul"
      Here we go again with the new stadium debate its got to the point now where i dont even want it i'm sick to death of hearing about it.

Even if we do get the go ahead to start work it will probably take as long as wembley to build such as been the hassle to get it and the money to build it now has got to the ridiculous.

Expand the current anfield the club owns most of the houses surrounding so its not like it wouldn't be possible.

You're totally right, I'm with you on this one.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Are new Stadium?
      Reply #127: Aug 29, 2006 06:18:05 pm
      Quote from: "Court_LFC"
      Quote from: "liverpaul"

You're totally right, I'm with you on this one.

To be honest i agree as well
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #128: Sep 03, 2006 09:53:10 am
      hang on boys dont get a new stadium yet wait like 2 years coz i will be coming from australia to watch liverpool play at ANFIELD. its been my dream to watch liverpool in anfield so no way are we gonna move to a new stadium yet.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      New Stadium
      Reply #129: Sep 03, 2006 03:51:13 pm
      The latest news suggests that Liverpool are going to pay for the stadium using a bank loan and hope that investment comes on board while development and construction is on-going.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      New Stadium
      Reply #130: Sep 04, 2006 11:29:00 am
      Stev_7 the new stadium will not be finished until 2009 so when you come will still be at old anfield + you will be able to see the new stadium nearly finished !
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      New Stadium
      Reply #131: Sep 04, 2006 06:29:00 pm
      Developments.......  ;D

City to sign LFC stadium lease
      Sep 4 2006
      Exclusive By Larry Neild, Daily Post

CITY politicians are set to lease a slice of historic Stanley Park, paving the way for work to start on a new stadium for Liverpool FC early in 2007.

It means the club could host the first game at its new home at the start of the 2009 season, a report to Liverpool City Council's executive board reveals.

The board will meet on Friday to make the landmark decision that will trigger the biggest-ever regeneration programme in north Liverpool, worth more than £240m.

The next few weeks will be critical as LFC officials put together a financial package that will fund the club's £180m contribution to the project.

That will trigger funding from the public sector worth millions of pounds before a deadline set for the end of this month.

Sources at the city council close to the deal are confident the funding package will be in place before the deadline. Despite more than 400 objections from individual residents and organisations, the executive board is being recommended to agree to release land in Stanley Park for the new football stadium.

Liverpool FC will be granted a 999-year lease, with the area managed by a new joint venture company set up on a 50-50 basis with the city council.

The club will pay the city council £300,000 a year ground rent.

This week's expected support for the strategy will finally test the threat of opponents who say they will legally challenge what they claim is a sell-off of open spaces and parkland.

A programme outlined in a report to the council's executive board envisages a start on the new stadium early next year.

Full planning permission for the stadium has already been granted, leaving the park deal the last major hurdle to face.

Club officials are expected to satisfy European Objective 1 funding monitors within weeks that money is in place to pay for the new ground.

That will trigger the release of £15m to pay for public works around the new stadium. A total of £40m - including European funds - in public sector cash is expected.

Councillors have been issued with a 640-page report outlining the arrangements for what is described as the New Anfield.

Three leading executive board members, Cllrs Mike Storey, Berni Turner and Keith Turner, have worked alongside acting regeneration chief Ben Dolan, on the strategy.

Cllr Storey will be making a presentation to the executive board at the town hall on Friday morning, seeking approval from his cabinet colleagues.

A yes vote from the cabinet will pave the way for:

* Granting of a 999-year lease for the site of the proposed new stadium;

* Design and restoration work for Stanley Park and the Gladstone Conservatory;

* Demolition of the 1960s Vernon Sangster sports centre in Stanley Park.

City council leader Cllr Warren Bradley said last night: "Liverpool Football Club is one of the best known and most successful clubs in the world.

"Yet it stands in one of the poorest areas, not only in the city, but in the country.

"What we are looking to do is not just provide a new home for the football club fitting for their status as one of the world's best, but use their success to spark a dramatic revival of the Anfield and Breckfield areas.

"For the past five years, we have worked with the Anfield Breckfield Partnership Forum on the strategy to regenerate the area and every consultation with the local community has shown overwhelming support for this scheme.

"There have been some objections to the loss of open space and clearly we will consider these very carefully before making any decisions.

"However, this is a golden opportunity for North Liverpool to be transformed."

Liverpool FC's chief executive Rick Parry said: "We are committed to the regeneration of the Anfield Breckfield area and intend that our investment in a new stadium benefits this neighbourhood and Liverpool."

Cllr Storey said last night: "The new stadium will provide a 21st-century business and tourist destination and a catalyst for the regeneration of the wider areas.

"The entire project will be delivered between 2006 and 2010."

The aim is to carry out the New Anfield Project in three phases. The first stage will see the building of the new stadium as well as a Community Partnership Centre.

The remainder of Grade II listed Stanley Park, one of the country's recognised Victorian parks, will be restored to its former glory.

That work will include the refurbishment of the Stanley Conservatory.

Phase 2 will see the refurbishment of the adjoining Anfield Cemetery. Phase 3 will see the creation of Anfield Plaza on the site of the old ground. It will include spaces for businesses, retail and leisure.

The development will be led by the new joint venture company which will have two directors each from the city council and the club.

The company will be responsible for the regeneration of the area covering the stadium, as well as the new Anfield Plaza, but will have no influence over the remainder of Stanley Park.

Officials at the council say the regeneration scheme and new stadium will create more than 1,000 new jobs, 766 full -time and 260 jobs in construction work.

The number of tourists flocking to Anfield will rise from the current 480,000 a year to 1.74m.

The city council will take charge of public sector funds, dependent on Liverpool FC confirming private sector investment.

The new Community Partnership Centre will have facilities for education, sport and community activities.

larryneild@dailypost.co.uk

Timetable for action

* SEPTEMBER 8 - Council Executive Board to vote on releasing Stanley Park for new stadium

* End of September - Final decision on public sector funding

* Spring 2007 - Work starts on new stadium

* May 2007 - Vernon Sangster centre demolished

* Spring 2009 - Work on new stadium finished and handed over to club

* August 2009 - First match at new stadium

* December 2009 - Existing Anfield stadium demolished

* May 2010 - Building of New Anfield Plaza on site of old ground

The sparkling new Anfield will hold 60,000 spectators

THE new stadium will increase Anfield's capacity by 15,000 to 60,000.

There will be an underground car park, club shop and museum as well as the Community Partnership centre.

Extensive CCTV systems will be installed, making the areas around the stadium, the new Plaza and Stanley Park safer.

Liverpool FC will pay an annual ground rent of £300,000, increasing in line with inflation.

The football club will be allowed to use part of Stanley Park to store excavated soil from the new stadium for 18 months.

Liverpool FC has ruled out developing the existing stadium or moving to a new site in Speke.

Properties in Anfield Road will have to be cleared to make way for the stadium. They are already owned by either the club or the city council.

Three council tenants in Anfield Court are to be given priority for relocation.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      New Stadium
      Reply #132: Sep 04, 2006 06:30:50 pm
      Just wondering what everyone thinks about December 2009.

Knocking down old Anfield???  :evil:
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #133: Sep 04, 2006 11:12:22 pm
      do we have to think about that now :(
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      New Stadium
      Reply #134: Sep 05, 2006 12:04:35 am
      If the new stadium goes ahead it's gonna happen.

Wait until the sponsor comes to name the stadium.....  :cry:
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #135: Sep 05, 2006 01:29:58 pm
      65,000 seater apparently.

'Stanley Park' frontrunner for the new name.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      New Stadium
      Reply #136: Sep 05, 2006 02:50:34 pm
      its called moving with the times and the sooner it happens the better as that will mean we are in our brand new spanker or a stadium. The only problem I can see with moving to stanley park (an it will happan) is we will find it very difficult to increase the capacity in the future from 60k as the council said when we were granted planning permission that it would not be allowed to be increased from upwards from 60k
      GMgoran
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #137: Sep 06, 2006 01:38:49 pm
      I think 60.000 seats is enough. I also like the design of the stadium. Only have a remark it is not an original design ...
      http://www.stadiumguide.com/josedealvaladenew.htm

Quick Reply