Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 157270 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Re: The New Anfield Stadium - Debate
      Reply #506: Mar 11, 2009 08:55:29 pm
      Only 46 posts in 4 and a half months.

Sums it up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #507: Dec 10, 2009 12:58:25 pm
      I've been thinking about this for a few days now and my suggestion may just be plain stupid how ever I would appreciate to know what you guys think.

Now its been reported Hicks & Gillett have been looking for a 100 million investment to get the stadium underway and to invest some money into the January transfer window.

I've been thinking about this a lot and how we could get the stadium underway should this investment not materialise.

How would all you reds feel about Anfield being sold now to a housing/retail chain for development at a price where it's agreed we will rent the ground back from the buyers of the ground until the new stadium is constructed ?

As we all know how much land is worth, surely a space as big as Anfield has to be worth quite a few quid and would save us from going into even more debt which has interest rates, something rent would not. Could this be the way to achieve our ultimate goal of getting a stadium built ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #508: Dec 10, 2009 05:36:22 pm
      How would all you reds feel about Anfield being sold now to a housing/retail chain for development at a price where it's agreed we will rent the ground back from the buyers of the ground until the new stadium is constructed ?

As we all know how much land is worth, surely a space as big as Anfield has to be worth quite a few quid and would save us from going into even more debt which has interest rates, something rent would not. Could this be the way to achieve our ultimate goal of getting a stadium built ?

Sickened if I was being honest.

I'm fed up with this shiny new white elephant of a non-existant ground bollocks talk. I prefered the plans when it was 73,000, but now the fact the plans have been rescaled and the capacity would only be 60,000, I'd rather we shoved the plans back up Tom Hick's fat arse, told him to F**k off and redevelop what is our spiritual home.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #509: Dec 10, 2009 05:43:28 pm
      Sickened if I was being honest.

I'm fed up with this shiny new white elephant of a non-existant ground bollocks talk. I prefered the plans when it was 73,000, but now the fact the plans have been rescaled and the capacity would only be 60,000, I'd rather we shoved the plans back up Tom Hick's fat arse, told him to F**k off and redevelop what is our spiritual home.

To be honest mate it was just a thought, I'd hate to think them two lying bas**rds heaped more debt on us if they could not find an investor, It's obvious they see the club as a cash cow and the best way forward for them to milk it is to get the Stadium built so they can sell up and make their profit.

I just wouldn't want them taking a loan to fund it reeking further havoc on our ability to compete financially in the transfer market as at the moment it looks like we take one step forward then two steps back.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #510: Dec 11, 2009 07:15:50 pm
      I'm fed up with this shiny new white elephant of a non-existant ground bollocks talk. I prefered the plans when it was 73,000, but now the fact the plans have been rescaled and the capacity would only be 60,000, I'd rather we shoved the plans back up Tom Hick's fat arse, told him to f**k off and redevelop what is our spiritual home.

I'd have to go with this.

The fact is our club deseres a stadium around the 70,000 seats mark. There is no doubt about it. Even if work on the 60,000 seater was to start tomorrow, I'd feel cheated because we've been promised so much more.

I don't want to settle for any knock down plans, whih we can build on at a later date. We've waited long enough now and I'm sick of the fact that these two leeches are still at the club. But that's for another thread.

To be honest mate it was just a thought, I'd hate to think them two lying bas**rds heaped more debt on us if they could not find an investor, It's obvious they see the club as a cash cow and the best way forward for them to milk it is to get the Stadium built so they can sell up and make their profit.

I just wouldn't want them taking a loan to fund it reeking further havoc on our ability to compete financially in the transfer market as at the moment it looks like we take one step forward then two steps back.

With regards to renting out the land space, I'd have to say I'd prefer those two lying c*nts didn't get anything out of the stadium venture and they either put the money down themselves or f*ck off and leave someone else to do it.

Custodians, my f*cking arse.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #511: Dec 22, 2009 12:06:51 pm
      Just been looking at some of the designs by HKS Sports & Entertainment for the new ground and the proposal they have put forward looks good,but the thing is will twit and t**t go for broke?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #512: Dec 24, 2009 07:14:56 am
      Just been looking at some of the designs by HKS Sports & Entertainment for the new ground and the proposal they have put forward looks good,but the thing is will twit and t**t go for broke?

The only thing going broke is the club.

The plans will probably change a 67th time before we actually see a shovel in the ground.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #513: Dec 24, 2009 07:20:00 pm
      The only thing going broke is the club.

The plans will probably change a 67th time before we actually see a shovel in the ground.

I think we'll see a shovel in the ground at Tom or George's funeral before the Stadium, as they are certainly not getting any younger. "Tick Tock" says Grimy Reaper.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #514: Dec 28, 2009 02:16:52 pm
      Are we gonna' break some ground in Jan-2010 or is it all lies again.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #515: Dec 28, 2009 02:46:31 pm
      What do you reckon el batez? :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #516: Dec 30, 2009 04:11:30 pm
      So work is going to start next year then according to reports today.

Do I believe it? Nope.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #517: Jan 25, 2010 02:16:33 pm
      And I heard it will start in April... can I ask a question though?

How many are against ground sharing. I'm neutral to it to be honest.

Just if we did go for it, how about a big ass f***in stadium like 90,000. Now we all know Everton won't fill it but just think of the revenue that could be gained from that for possibly a lower cost? I don't see why not, but of course I would rather us have our own 70,000 odd stadium for ourselves but  :f_whistle:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #518: Jan 25, 2010 02:26:51 pm
      Just to add.... surely in recessionary times, it would work out cheaper to start building.

Not many jobs, start the work, and the workers would do the job for less than they would post and pre recession etc etc. :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #519: Jan 29, 2010 05:02:27 am
      Just to add.... surely in recessionary times, it would work out cheaper to start building.

Not many jobs, start the work, and the workers would do the job for less than they would post and pre recession etc etc. :D

That's what we know, that's what they think we don't know.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #520: Jan 30, 2010 11:39:00 pm
      Build the stadium in Dublin and move the "Franchise" over here!!

IM JOKING PEOPLE!  :angel:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #521: Feb 01, 2010 04:29:41 am
      Build the stadium in Dublin and move the "Franchise" over here!!

IM JOKING PEOPLE!  :angel:

Ssssh don't give the bas**rds any ideas!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #522: Feb 02, 2010 08:48:06 pm
      Well it won't be happening in ANfield for a while that's for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #523: Dec 29, 2011 02:12:19 am
      This piece sums up perfectly why I don't want to leave Anfield.

As much as it has changed over the years it still is a very special place which has created some of the best atmospheres the football world has seen in the last ten years years, and above all it's our home.

Have you ever entered an empty stadium? Try it. Stand in the middle of the field and listen. There is nothing less empty than an empty stadium. There is nothing less mute than stands bereft of people.

At Wembley, shouts from the '66 World Cup which England won still resound, and if you listen very closely you can hear groans from 1953 when England fell to the Hungarians. Montevideo's Centenario Stadium sighs with nostalgia for the glory days of Uruguayan football. Maracana is still crying over Brazil's 1950 World Cup defeat.

At Bombonera in Buenos Aires, drums boom from half a century ago. From the depths of Azteca Stadium, you can hear the ceremonial chants of the ancient Mexican ball game. The concrete terraces of the Nou Camp in Barcelona speak Catalan, and the stands of San Mames in Bilbao talk in Euskera.

In Milan, the ghost of Giuseppe Meazza scores goals that shake the stadium bearing his name. The final of the '74 World Cup, won by Germany, is played day after day and night after night at Munich's Olympic Stadium.

The stadium of King Fahd in Saudi Arabia has marble and gold boxes and carpeted stands, but it has no memory or much of anything to say.

Eduardo Galeano, Football in Sun and Shadow, 1995

Next Monday evening Chelsea will train in an empty stadium. The loudest empty stadium in the world. It'll whisper to them of Liverpool's four glorious European Cup victories. Kopites now long departed will take up their specs again and invoke visions in the Chelsea minds of St Etienne, Inter Milan, Auxerre, Roma, Barcelona and Juventus.

The stands will echo to songs of triumph and glory, of the dignity of Elisha Scott and Billy Liddell, the heart of Ian St John and Emlyn Hughes, the strength of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness, and the brilliance of John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish.

And when the Chelsea players look around, nervously, to see where these evocations are coming from they'll see no one there. They'll return to their hotel and
      struggle to sleep as their minds are filled with thoughts of Reds coming up that hill once more, victorious and glorious.

And on Tuesday evening it is up to us, today's fans, to do our footballing ancestors proud at Anfield. Tuesday night is a chance for Glory, both on and off the pitch.

Do your best Reds, for there's nothing more you can do, and Rafa's team will have the chance to emulate the great teams of yore in Istanbul.

This can and will be OUR year.

© Rushian 2005

Quick Reply