Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 157492 times
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #69: Jun 17, 2006 07:11:56 am
      It looks amazing but we can't even decide on the place to build it.It is going to be at least 3-4yrs before we have a new stadium and financially this is suicide the top teams around us will be generating so much more revenue that it will be even harder to compete in the transfer market than it is now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      New ground
      Reply #70: Jul 13, 2006 06:25:20 pm
      The new stadium is supposed to be 60,000 max, but I caught something about this groundshare crap again on the radio before someone tell liverpool city council leader (who's a blue!!) that efc are off to kirkby with tescos, we'll build on stanley park and demolish goodison for car parking spaces
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      what will replace anfield
      Reply #71: Jul 14, 2006 06:21:52 pm
      when we have our new staduim built, what do u think they will do with anfield?
      sell it to everton (er no) !?
      buldoze it  :o ??
      make the land into houses?
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #72: Jul 14, 2006 06:42:03 pm
      It shud be a football museum. And wen we win all the cups they shub be stored there like the queens crown. but i dout it will happen. houses probaly
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #73: Jul 14, 2006 07:21:55 pm
      I heard they was going t make it into a sports stadim with running track etc for the kids, so not a bad idea for our stars of the future.     :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      What will happen to Anfield?
      Reply #74: Jul 14, 2006 07:58:49 pm
      The shame is anfield will be demolished, it 's all to do with the new ground deal and regeneration within the anfield area.
       Can someone please tell the echo, city council and stan boardman we are NOT going to be sharing a stadium with Everton, it's a bit like inviting a tramp into your house but with more shame attached.

Can't wait until the club buys goodison and we bulldoze it and tarmac it for car-parking spaces. Their off to kirkby with their new tesco friends in kirkby, bet half the reds crews from kirkby are just chuffed at that one!!!
      Liverpool Rules
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #75: Jul 15, 2006 05:33:38 pm
      The new stadium is supposed to be 60,000 max, but I caught something about this groundshare crap again on the radio before someone tell liverpool city council leader (who's a blue!!) that efc are off to kirkby with tescos, we'll build on stanley park and demolish goodison for car parking spaces

Too Right
      shedboykopite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      ground name
      Reply #76: Jul 15, 2006 06:29:09 pm
      what about something like the shankly stadium, with an emlyn hughes stand and a bob paisley stand etc to honour all the greats
      Liverpool Rules
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #77: Jul 16, 2006 10:28:49 am
      I agree, maybe a gerrard stand aswell ;D
      shedboykopite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #78: Jul 16, 2006 02:30:33 pm
      we'll wait til the end o this season when he captains us to the premiership first
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #79: Jul 16, 2006 04:17:53 pm
      Whatever the capacity, it's gonna be a million times better than the s*ithole that is Goodison Park iv'e seen trainig grounds bigger.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      New Stadium
      Reply #80: Jul 16, 2006 10:23:06 pm
      Had a look at the virtual tour on the club's website and does look smart, if any of the liberal councillors and joe kenny(blue-nose pr**k) have seen it then maybe they'll stop complaining about the amount of green belt land lost.

The ground is actually being built on the current car-park site.

Bet the club sells off the naming rights to the ground

As for the stands, surely Shankly Kop, Paisley, Fagin and how about the Houlding stands for the rest
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #81: Jul 21, 2006 09:11:47 pm
      Liverpool are not like any other team, call me sentimental but I just culdnt imagine any proposed new stadium being called anything other than Anfield, especially if its just across the way in stanley park. 60-70,000 sounds about right.

Moores and Parry are liverpool thru and thru cant see them hawking the name of the stadium just to raise funds like sellout fc at ashburton grove.

If we drop anfield as our homes name we may as well drop the liver bird from our crest?........ exactly we wouldnt do it, so we shouldnt drop anfield either

Or am I just looking at the world thru red-tinted glasses?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      New Stadium
      Reply #82: Jul 22, 2006 12:44:41 am
      Bristol-Scouse don't be soooo sure, they smell of cash under parry's nose, but we'll get some nice pr piffle about how it's good for the club

Went all historical about naming stands in last post, no reason why it can't simply named New Anfield :D
      lofty 1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #83: Jul 22, 2006 06:52:34 am
      hope we find out a.s.a.p. about the new stadium as time is running out and i don't think any club could stand to lose £20m in grants etc

if we are going to move lets do it and get a move on

agree with previous posts it should be called new anfield and not a corporate name 8)
      BIG10
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #84: Jul 25, 2006 11:44:16 am
      as big as possible - make it the biggest stadium in Europe - the best team in Europe should have a big stadium so we can get all the LOCAL fans into it.
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #85: Jul 27, 2006 01:50:56 pm
      Anyone with any info on the stadium? I thought the deadline for funding was today yet i have heard nothing at all. Who exactly is dragging thier feet? If we are going to compete long term (For the next 15yrs) we need to new stadium and the additional income it will provide.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #86: Jul 27, 2006 08:24:57 pm
      I reckon its getting beyond the joke now we have been hearing bout this stadium for years and yet still nothing materialises i know rick parry has said that we are not going this far down the line to scrap it but the funding is going up all the time and it isn't doin anyone any good. Besides after goin to all the home games in our champions league winning season i have never witnessed anfield like that in my life, could a new stadium create anything like wot our current ground can who knows. Either way the board should pull their thumb out and get the foiundations in place or use the money to improve anfield if it is possible.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #87: Jul 28, 2006 04:54:00 pm
      it will b 10x sadder for the anfield bye bye than the highbury 1 for arsenal fans cos anfield actually gave us somehting highbury had no history and was a hole in the ground
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      New Stadium
      Reply #88: Jul 29, 2006 09:57:09 am
      if we've a 5 yr waiting list for season tickets and 1 mil fans can come see the european cup paraded then surely 80'000 capacity isnt too big
      vix4kop14
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      The new stadium
      Reply #89: Jul 29, 2006 10:29:22 am
      With many good memories and Anfield, it will be a shame to move and leave the  one and only Kop behind. But, the way that Liverpool are becoming a better side and more and more fans want to come to see them play, it would be a very good investment to move. On the other hand, where the new stadium is proposed to stand, is where we park our car and so.. give me a car park, and il be happy.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      New Stadium
      Reply #90: Jul 29, 2006 10:33:26 am
      demolish goodison and we could use that as a car park, all that toilets worth
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      New Stadium
      Reply #91: Jul 29, 2006 02:41:49 pm
      how about demolish goodison and make our mueseum on it for more dissin

Quick Reply